Push

It's actually amazingly fun so far and in no way shallow like I thought it would be.

They said PUSH was supposed to get players ready for Conquest, but it feels like Conquest was to get us ready for PUSH.

Too early to give full details on why this game mode is so kitten fun though.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Screw the doomers it's fun

more fun then I thought yea, looks hopefull to be good mode. Does there need small adjustments and maybe something small added, yes. 

They could make some more incomjng damage for who sit on that node because I didn't felt it today while perma sitting it and holding.

Buffs could maybe get activated if you reach with u move/reach with ut node through a specific point. 

Make the current buffs more worthwhile to take !!! So that it changes dynamic a lot if enemy can hold the node too much. And this is from experience that the enemy couldn't take node from me/team

And add a treb in this place thank youuu, even if it's slow it will be usefull bc of how this mode works.

Edited by arazoth.7290

it's a game mode to teach new players how to PvP and the important things it teaches are:

1. your team is incapable of standing on a point, you should just give up now.

2. CC in this game is absolutely out of control you should just surrender.

3. nobody can read, you should ignore all objectives and aimlessly wander around.

4. the matchmaker doesn't work, don't bother queing up.

5. PvP is full of doomers and will only lead do depression.

so y'know, just the essential PvP experience.

• Haha 4

Mode is fun and matches go quickly which is 100% better than Conquest already. But let's not pretend all the issues of conquest matchmaking and balance aren't still there (because they're issues of matchmaking to begin with). If anything, the gaps in balance are showing even harder in Push, which I guess is actually positive since they are laid bare that way. 

I just hope if Push ends up getting its own season that it doesn't have duo, or it has 5-man premade teams unlocked - pls Anet don't make the same mistake of not going all in on either.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tony.8659 said:

How to enter the beta push mode map? I don't see anything about beta in custom arenas? Why didn't Anet just make maps marked beta in customs that would make it easier.

Q as ranked.  It's called "Team Death Match" because...anet.  Somehow the game log is right though, and shows 'PUSH Beta'...but I digress.  

• Like 1

not a big fan so far in this early stage. Chaotic and incoherent right now. People got confused and not knowing what to do. I think instructions could have been presented abit better.  See tons of tempests going earth turtling in circle.  At least the chaotic group fight is kinda enjoyable.

Edited by quaniesan.8497

Why does there always need to be a node?

This game mode heavily relies on people being smart enough to bleed out their opponents and being able to rely on your team to stop finishing off the people youre allowing to bleed out.
Which of course means a lot of frustration.

I'd say this actually makes it less noob friendly (noobs dont know the value of bleeding out opponents)

Also the gamemode very heavily relies on having a support and again without a trinity system this is gonna make for a lot of unfair matches.

Why does there always need to be a node? Why not a flag carrier?

This gamemode might be fun as a meme but won't last due to the issues mentioned above

Edited by Cicero.6374
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Cicero.6374 said:

Why does there always need to be a node?

Becuase thats part of GW2 signiture I guess? Not really an issue.

This game mode heavily relies on people being smart enough to bleed out their opponents and being able to rely on your team to stop finishing off the people youre allowing to bleed out.
Which of course means a lot of frustration.

Letting people bleed out in a mode that for the first time, actually encourages people to play more supportive roles, means more res potential. This isn't sPVP high roam meta where nobody has the sustain nor the desire to even attempt a res. If anything, this discusion should take the direction of what Anet should do about all the res potential in a mode that already has reduced respawn time. I do play a lot of support, and even on core rev, the manual res power is vastly under-estimated, and there are better ways than rev.

I'd say this actually makes it less noob friendly (noobs dont know the value of bleeding out opponents)

I'd say you are being a negative elitist, see above.

Also the gamemode very heavily relies on having a support and again without a trinity system this is gonna make for a lot of unfair matches.

Oh no... finally a game mode that encourages playstyles other than brick wall duelists and mobility crept roamers.

Why does there always need to be a node? Why not a flag carrier?

If it worked like warsung in WOW then it could work, but I do recall games lasting a LOONG time.. I don't think the playerbase in this game is up for that, since they care more about rank than actual pvp.

This gamemode might be fun as a meme but won't last due to the issues mentioned above

Thats your opinion. I like support, I like group fighting specs, this mode works for me.

Edited by Flowki.7194