what's with all the stealth changes?

Drop rates on several items have changed. Personal way points can't be taken in combat anymore. Rewards in a few places got nerf'd. Why not put these things in the patch notes with explanations? Even some good stuff like the update on the report button. Kinda tired of having to dig through stuff just to find out what wasn't put in the notes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Jwake.7013 said:

Drop rates on several items have changed.

(...)

Rewards in a few places got nerf'd.

Which ones?

25 minutes ago, Jwake.7013 said:

Personal way points can't be taken in combat anymore.

I didn't know they ever could be used in combat.
Was that really a thing?

29 minutes ago, Jwake.7013 said:

Even some good stuff like the update on the report button.

This one I agree with -had to check what changed after reading your post, didn't really have an opportunity to see it earllier.

• Like 1

@Sobx.1758

Some of the stuff is the Mursaat Runestones drop rates, the Drizzlewood commendations rewards.

You use to be able to use the jade wp while in combat (not setting it down) to waypoint to where you had it. Been that way since EoD launch, and now you can't.

Yeah hopefully more changes to come with the report stuff, a good step in the right direction though. Not sure why nothing was said about it.

Edited by Jwake.7013
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I noticed the drop rate of Mursaat Runestones. The Lesser Kodan Caches hardly drop them now. I got 2 from 22 caches yesterday, used to get 10+ from that number. I always though it was odd for an item that seems similar to Jade Runestones to be so common, and going by the nerf, I guess it wasn't intended. It was good while it lasted and at least I have a decent amount already,

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958
  • Like 2

Did not know WP worked like that, wish I knew before it got nerfed after 2 years 😁. Should be added to patch notes.

Drop rates in generally are not in patch notes I think, for a reasons but people find out anyway.

I totally agree with report messages though, it should be in the patch notes. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

@Cernoch.8524 Yeah I can agree with the drop rate thing unless it really impacts the market or some big item. My main take was just overall too many things get left out of the patch notes and it's a bit frustrating at times.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 You can now comment inside the report window to give context of why you're reporting a person in game.

Edited by Jwake.7013
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Jwake.7013 said:

You can now comment inside the report window to give context of why you're reporting a person in game.

lol, i report afk wall runners on queued maps in wvw often and didn't notice that xD

would have it it was noted in the update notes since i read them.

Edited by Tula.6021
  • Confused 1

the Drop rate on Mursaat Runestones is understandable; they were never supposed to drop that regularely in the first place (they didn't start to have higher drop rates until after the Aug 23rd update that adjusted the drop rate of the Warclaw Kitten Tonic)

right now they're just free money as they serve no function in-game and idiots keep driving the prices up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the Drop rate on Mursaat Runestones is understandable; they were never supposed to drop that regularely in the first place (they didn't start to have higher drop rates until after the Aug 23rd update that adjusted the drop rate of the Warclaw Kitten Tonic)

right now they're just free money as they serve no function in-game and idiots keep driving the prices up.

I guess I should have pushed harder to do the warclaw treasure hunt ... because I'm very sure their function will be to build the legendary spear and backpack.  How many needed, I have no idea, though I predict 100 to be like the EoD jade runestones for Aurene legendaries.  If you're selling them for "free money" you might regret that later if you have any interest in making the new items since their price will likely soar even higher once everyone starts making the spear and back.

On one hand, I do agree that changes should be listed in patch notes especially if they change how certain things work.

Not sure if this should apply to drop rate changes though. I feel its fine if those aren't told, as the results of it will happen naturally. If it's in the notes, you'll have rich people buy up all current cheap supply the moment they read the patch notes. If the drop change isn't mentioned, the change can happen gradually and the price slowly goes up as the item drops less often til people realize what's happening.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Not sure if this should apply to drop rate changes though. I feel its fine if those aren't told, as the results of it will happen naturally. If it's in the notes, you'll have rich people buy up all current cheap supply the moment they read the patch notes. If the drop change isn't mentioned, the change can happen gradually and the price slowly goes up as the item drops less often til people realize what's happening.

That's actually the exact opposite issue atm. The rich players are rich cause they pay attention to those changes and are the first ones to find and use them to their own advantage without saying anything. Putting them in the patch notes levels the playing field a bit.

Though you can get into, if there are small changes and the public misinterprets the change it can be manipulated to even greater lengths by said rich players who are paying attention to the market as a whole much deeper then the avg. player. There is nuance to it for sure. Not saying one direction or the other is perfect as far as reporting drop rate changes go anyway, both have their downsides.

Edited by Jwake.7013
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jwake.7013 said:

The rich players are rich cause they pay attention to those changes and are the first ones to find and use them to their own advantage without saying anything.

When the changes were originally made to runes and sigils, I bought up thousands and thousands of them that were on the TP for vendor price. Filled two whole mule guilds with it all. Then, once the prices had settled on what they were worth in the new world, I sold them. For 10-15 times the purchase price.

Understanding what changes like that are going to mean to the economy is an art in itself. You just need to work out the implications, and get in fast before everyone else catches up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2024 at 4:22 AM, Jwake.7013 said:

I mean I can kinda see how you misunderstood from the title, but the 3 seconds from reading the post makes it very clear what I'm talking about, which is very related to the title, so no clickbait at all.

But that's how clickbait works.
The title tempts you to click on the link
He has clicked the link.
So it worked.

On 9/13/2024 at 11:12 PM, Donari.5237 said:

If you're selling them for "free money" you might regret that later if you have any interest in making the new items since their price will likely soar even higher once everyone starts making the spear and back.

Probably, but they're not hard to get, are they? Run across a map and sniff and dig. Even with the reduced drop rate, it doesn't take too long to dig up 100 instead of buying them back. And the legendary items won't be added this year anyway and the price is already dropping again.

Besides, I already have a legendary spear and a legendary backpack and am in no need or hurry.

• Confused 7

@Tula.6021 That's not what clickbait means... clickbait is if I said something in the title and my post wasn't related to it. May I have been able to make a clearer title? Yes. Is my post in any way shape or form clickbait? Not even a little. This is also very off topic and honestly zero reason to get into this. If you have something to say on topic, by all means I'm happy to hear your opinion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Even the change in position between the homestead portal exits to JW and Wizard's Tower. I almost went through the wrong one because I was automatically taking the right-most one. I can maybe see why they made the change - just go straight if you want to get into JW - it was just weird they made the change without announcing it. I had a couple of guildies wondering if they had misremembered the portal ordering.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/13/2024 at 8:22 PM, Jwake.7013 said:

@Smart College Boy.3249Not sure you know what clickbait means.

I mean I can kinda see how you misunderstood from the title, but the 3 seconds from reading the post makes it very clear what I'm talking about, which is very related to the title, so no clickbait at all.

Yeah, sorry, I have to agree, the title was misleading! Of course I understood what you meant after responding, but especially in the wake of changes to Ranger stealth on spear, I did click on this expecting to talk about thieves and rangers lol. No harm no foul, but you def caught me by surprise 🙂

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

There was quite a long thread on Reddit about the Mursaat Runestones, with people talking about getting a ton of them and then not getting any, and then getting some again after some of the updates.  It does seem from the comments there this drop rate keeps getting tinkered with often.  Aside from the obvious reasons, I doubt it will go back up at this point.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 2:12 PM, Donari.5237 said:

I guess I should have pushed harder to do the warclaw treasure hunt ... because I'm very sure their function will be to build the legendary spear and backpack.  How many needed, I have no idea, though I predict 100 to be like the EoD jade runestones for Aurene legendaries.  If you're selling them for "free money" you might regret that later if you have any interest in making the new items since their price will likely soar even higher once everyone starts making the spear and back.

Expect to need at least 250 mursaat runestones at a bare minimum for a legendary item. Get yourself 1000 to be safe.