Will the JW Legendary Spear require Rift Essence?

A lot of people seem to expect it using rift essence. Otherwise the unstable motivation from the first (1/3) weekly convergence (I will always play at least 1 convergence each week because of this) would not have gotten even more expensive. (Instead of cheaper.) As we know: Rich people can buy it to get essence without having to play the normal contant that awards it.

I think it would be weird to have essence if it was not used at all - in the JW that also uses rifts. And I doubt they'd just use it for 1 item (backpack that we also get I think). Makes sense to expect it to be needed for the spear as well.

On 9/17/2024 at 2:04 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

I refuse to do anything I don't enjoy until I know what that spear will actually look like in-game. They fooled me once with Obsidian Armor, I am not going to fall into the same trap a second time. 😆

I wasnt a trap, cuz again, Concept art =/= in engine look. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

I wasnt a trap, cuz again, Concept art =/= in engine look. 

Sure it was a trap when it was being published by the developer as a preview of the actual thing.

Now, no preview at all is an equally treacherous trap, because you can't assess what the item will look like, and that is definitely no ground on which to engage into boring grinds.

• Confused 6

14 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Sure it was a trap when it was being published by the developer as a preview of the actual thing.

Now, no preview at all is an equally treacherous trap, because you can't assess what the item will look like, and that is definitely no ground on which to engage into boring grinds.

They stated it was a CONCEPT ART piece. not the offical preview you can twist it left and right, it doesnt change the fact they showed off CONCEPT ART. If you find the grind boring, then dont do it. safe yourself the anger and frustration. i LOVE rifts. its ondemand content, and i can do it for HOURS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't know if the new legendary/s will need essences or not. But what I have noticed is that the Blacklion Contract does give you the option of gathering from either map OR gathering rift essences.

Now I may have blinked and missed it as I'm focusing on my homestead, but I'm not aware of anything MAJOR that requires essences in the first two maps. So maybe this is their way of getting us ready for the legendary/s.

Edited by Talis Whitewolf.4183
Missed a word.

2 hours ago, Talis Whitewolf.4183 said:

I don't know if the new legendary/s will need essences or not. But what I have noticed is that the Blacklion Contract does give you the option of gathering from either map OR gathering rift essences.

Now I may have blinked and missed it as I'm focusing on my homestead, but I'm not aware of anything MAJOR that requires essences in the first two maps. So maybe this is their way of getting us ready for the legendary/s.

Oh that is good to know! now i'll deffo get that contract. thanks for sharing!

• Confused 1