Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

FPS. please optimise this. making new content and areas only to add another area where fps drops by half for no reason. like the throne room epoch. id rather a nice view with max fps thn a super effects particle with half fps. you proved u could do that in hot-pof.  its like were moving backwards with this. it ruins everything. and dont get me started on hopeless center point of amnytas.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Hi, thank you for the opportunity to offer feedback ^^.

In no particular order:

In the crafting discovery window, there doesn't seem to be any obvious logic in the order of items (I'm probably missing it!). It would be helpful if the items could be sorted (by type or by name), or if they matched the order in the inventory. If inventory bags appeared, like they do in the bank window, that would be even better.

Graphics (or other) settings profiles would be a win, particularly if they could be accompanied by shortcut keys - this would allow us to set say, Character Model Limit to low and remove some effects for 5 minutes during busy events when we want to (e.g. octovine chest rush...) but keep the gorgeous effects and so on generally. Might help for raiding too (although I haven't done enough to have a good opinion in that area).

Bug feedback - the ability to report bugs in game is ok/good, but the categories miss some areas that it would be good to report. For example, I found in Tarir the other day that if I have "Colour Grading" enabled, everything goes black and I can only see nameplates when I'm in the underground chest areas. I couldn't find a suitable bug category to report this so haven't (I will check it's still a thing and post it on the forums). Similarly, I've spotted a couple of audio cues in LW3 maps that still fire even if you're not in the associated story.

Cleanup of some of the older items that don't allow salvaging or selling would be good - a new player I know found it confusing and thought they were special items because they couldn't destroy them. (I know that's likely a bigger task than it sounds!)

Preventing the new player boxes (enhanced gloves, etc.) from dropping for players who have completed the Character Adventure Guide and are over the starter zone level recommendation would be nice.

If the excessive messaging limit on mail could be adjusted to have an additional condition that if the recipient is on your friend list and you on theirs (or both in the same guild) slightly more mails are allowed per unit time that would be nice. Doesn't need much, and I completely agree with the purpose of it.

Multiple personal waypoints, if they had colours or symbols, even better. When exploring or gathering or whatever, I always forget where I was originally going due to distractions. Or maybe I want to remember somewhere and go back later. Would be nice to have.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Dear Arenanet,

I have a suggestion to seperate the mount and glider heal + utility keybings from the normal heal and utility keybindings.

I like to have seperate keybindings since we can use different keybindings now for some specs that i play, because i like to use my most used utility + heal skills on QER in this order, because they are the most easy to reach in my rotation. 

Here are some examples:

For condi virtuoso i use my healskill to reset my phantasmal skill, so i bind this button to the Q, however on reaper i bind it to C, because i dont use this button in the rotation, while on my hfb i have my heal + utility 1 + elite to QER, because you use those a lot to pulse out quickness and its more easy to press these buttons in this order, compared to other bindings.

Because of this i run into the problem that on different characters the mount heal + utility skills change in order as well, and this makes it slightly more annoying because sometimes i press the wrong keys because of this.

The suggestion i have is to seperate these keybindings, so that you always have them at the exact same order.

Thanks in advance!

• Confused 3

Reduce the amount of bloat from buffs from your bar.

For example class and gear buffs stay on the row they are currently at while item buffs such as consumables, food, enhancement, banners, boosters, fractal potions etc are put on the row above it under the boons such that it doesn't go outside the screen if you have too many.

Like what is even the point of reinforced armor? It's free, you have it all time time and the only reason for its existence is cause you're scared of upsetting people with endless repair contract after you removed armor repairs. It's just another pointless thing on your bar that takes up space, I could argue that it shouldn't even exist cause it's unnecessary power creep but that's beside the point.

• Like 5

"Effects"/buffs are too many and it is getting out of hand. Like I can have long line of icons next to my HP bar full of guild flag buffs, rested bonus, jade protocols, class "buffs"/info, jade bot rescue protocol, food, enchant, armor and so on. Add more boss mechanics icons to the mix. Can someone just create overview of everything at ANET and after that just streamline it?

• Reinforced armor buff – Why?
  • Jade protocols – Why we have 2 jade protocols? You can merge them to one and everyone will be happy.
  • Guild banners – So you have this Guild Heroes banner and it adds 6 icons to your bar. What will happen if you remove all guild banners and keep only Heroes banner with 1 icon where you see all effects?

List can go on there are so many same or similar effects with their unique icon in buff/effect bar and it is too much.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

The first 2 Nayos metas were fine as being instance based because the were independent and fairly uncomplicated and open to being pugged. However, the third meta is a) locked to the completion of the first two so you can't just drop into a map to do it whenever and b) needs some level of organization. You can't do this well when there is no way to know if, when, or how far along the map is on progress towards the meta. We need a timer so organizers can organize.

Imagine if the final soo-wan fight on dragonfall could happen whenever, based on the 3 regions each being done separately at any time, without anyway to set up and organize anything, and you have a taste of the current Nayos situation. I get the feeling this was an attempted response to complaints about the dragonfall meta being too long, but instead the final Nayos meta is barely doable reliably in the name of trying to make it shorter.

It's bad enough we STILL do not have a way for a group to enter a map TOGETHER. Now you have to also map jump like bunnies trying to find one at the proper progression stage with enough room and hope no unorganized people on the map force things forward while you are tying to set up.

You can either have completely independent non-blocking content designed for pugging or organized content, but you cannot mix them.

Edited by Boogiepop Void.6473
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)

As a WvW roamer I appreciate the class diversity in this game, that no matter what I play, I will meet hard counters out in the wild. Each matchup is a puzzle to be solved during the fight based off not just their build but their tendencies.

And while I also understand as a third person perspective MMO there may be situations that can not be correctly portrayed to me at all angles because of other factors such as character race, environment, and weapon skins...

...I would like to know that having just jumped on a Harbinger with a melee weapon to finish off their Blighted health bar, that they have thrown their elixir at my feet with a recognizable effect.

Learning after the fact by looking at their buffs, my debuffs, or seeing my CC to lock them in place "Blocked"/"Missed"/"Immune" on their character is a little late when they then take all those Blight stacks and destroy me.

I have full confidence in myself as a ranger main to run away when I see it, or even possibly react to an animation and use my active defenses to evade it.

Sincerely, A Ham-Fisted Ranger Main

P.S. if possible I would like Vital Draw area of effect to be more visible as well

Edited by rock kicker.9078
  • Like 1

Add more color and icons to LFG and main game screen icons.

Living world stories, have only a few episodes each year with only one map.  Free for everyone always.

Wvw, guild selection cool down time that allows players to choose or change chosen wvw guild after a game starts.  It could be a few days or more.

Wvw, a new map for mounts.

Wvw, an underwater only map. 

Wvw, a map with limited skills and traits that is focused more on things like siege equipment and mounts.

Wvw, flying focused map.

Wvw, base building RTS mode type of map. 

Wvw, a resource accumulation and domination type of map.

Wvw, a map where parties must be formed to complete certain tasks.

Squads, have different colors for each party in a squad.  The colors would be shown with a corresponding box around the party in the UI.  In the game players could see the color outlined around same party members or a color icon next to persons name.  Colors would automatically be set when a party forms and can be changed for other purposes.  Commanders and lieutenants could lock and set colors if needed.  Preset options could be set to locked or unlocked color changing.

Squads, be able to assign symbols to parties of a squad.  Symbols would be seen on the squad UI and next to the players name.  Options could auto set symbols for groups and enable or disable symbol changing permissions for members of parties.

Squads, have a set of selectable colors for symbols for more symbol diversity.

Squads, have a GUI for symbols.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Some commodities on the Trading Post still have pending buy orders posted with lower prices than what is now the minimum price. Not only are these buy orders utterly impossible to fulfill, they give a false impression when somebody goes to sell these commodities, as there will be an actual price listed when you try to sell them but you can't actually sell for that price. Contrast with goods that have no buy orders whatsoever, which will have a listed sell price of zero, which is also greyed out.

I propose that these relic buy orders should be canceled and removed from the system to make it clearer to sellers whether a good will actually sell or not.

8 hours ago, Demilyceum.2650 said:

Some commodities on the Trading Post still have pending buy orders posted with lower prices than what is now the minimum price. Not only are these buy orders utterly impossible to fulfill, they give a false impression when somebody goes to sell these commodities, as there will be an actual price listed when you try to sell them but you can't actually sell for that price. Contrast with goods that have no buy orders whatsoever, which will have a listed sell price of zero, which is also greyed out.

I propose that these relic buy orders should be canceled and removed from the system to make it clearer to sellers whether a good will actually sell or not.

The Devs have twice made a run-through of items with lower-than-allowed Trading Post prices; but, it's been several years since the last attempt. It's probably quite low on the 'bug' priority list nowadays.  🤷‍♂️

Skin randomization: Recently I have been enjoying the use of random minis, which allows me to appreciate the hundreds that I've collected. Without the randomization feature, most of these would never see use by me as it's too much of a hassle to change them around. The same feature also exists for Outfits and some other cosmetics. But it occurred to me that this feature would be just as good for skins, which there are also too many of to individually select and use just for the sake of variety. I also respect that a simple randomization option like what exists for other cosmetics could be disruptive to the transmutation charge system which I assume is why we don't have it already. But I think it should also be possible to work within the current system to create the randomizer effect.

Create skins called "Random [Axe|Sword|Gloves|Back|etc] Skin" or whatever. In terms of the wardrobe system, these act like any other skin: it is unlocked by some means (if not automatic) and you pay one charge to apply the skin to each piece of equipment. The only way in which the randomizer skins are different from any other skin is that they don't have a fixed appearance, instead borrowing one on each load, taking the appearance of another applicable skin from the wardrobe.

• Like 1

I doubt it could be changed now but I think that Eparch meta fight should have been on the outside platform. The portal to his room could have teleported us back to the platform instead. The platform isnt as restrictive as the room and the fight wouldnt have been such a visual mess like it is right now since the boss is huge and in an enclosed space which is too small for such a big fight.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

"greater arcane chest in amnytas needs redone"

over time for some reason, skywatch map currency is x3 of amnytas. in addition why is there 11 greater chest in skywatch but only 3 in amnytas and they move everyday. amnytas needs more. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Jade Bots on alts: This seems to be the only mastery whose use is not just dependent on mastery unlocking but also gated behind gearing of alts. I feel that this should not be the case to use the basic features of the bot. Even from a lore perspective it doesn't make much sense that your bot needs to be powered in order to use batteries. Isn't that redundant? Until you get a power core, it just feels like your alts are playing half a game inside Cantha where a number of map features require basic bot functions. Without ziplines and teleporters, parts of Cantha can feel a lot like the old HoT maps with convoluted, time-wasting navigation. Some suggestions for improving the jade bot experience with alts, assuming you have the relevant mastery tiers unlocked:

• Unpowered bots should be able to interact with batteries in some way, even if with penalties.
  • For example, unpowered bots will need Energy Efficiency and it only grants 1 charge instead of 2.
  • Unpowered bots should be able to use zip lines, but not gain charges from them.
  • All subsequent interactions with the use of charges should happen as normal. (Alts should not be gated out of these features by power cores.)
  • Whether other jade bot masteries, like the waypoint or downed skill, work without power or not is less relevant. In principle it would be nice for all masteries to be usable in some way by ungeared alts, but these features don't actively deny you the ability to do things in Cantha the way that charge interactions do.

It has also occured to me that the need to equip a power core may be the primary way to gate the bot features to level 80 characters. If that is the reason, surely there is an alternative way to check this requirement. The game has a level check for equipping off-hand weapons, for example. (And that's another QoL issue for a needless restriction.)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Please add a tacklebox that we can put all our baits in. I like to fish while doing other stuff, I don't like to stock up on one type of  bait and fish for hours. But that requires having 10-12 different baits in inventory. A tacklebox similar to teleportation scroll tomes would have a huge QoL enhancement.

• Like 2

I have a small list, though I'm sure people have mentioned these things before:

1. I would love to see a UI overhaul that allows everything to be more customizable, akin to GW1.  Being able to adjust the size of all UI windows, where different UI elements show up on the screen, etc.  This would also solve the issue with boons and buffs going off the screen if you have too many.  Imagine if you had your buffs in one section, your boons in another, and your condis in another, and you could just place them whenever you want and increase/decrease the size of them to your liking.  Don't want your health pool at the bottom?  You can move it to the top now!  Want your chat to be in the middle of your screen for some reason?  Well you can do that too, now!  That would probably be one of the greatest QoL improvements that could be made right now, imo.

2. I'd like to see cosmetic infusions be previewable, and also be able to see how they stack with each other visually to avoid the current issue of having to look up pictures/videos of this.

3. An update to the LFG to bring it more in line with how other MMOs do it, so you don't have to scroll endlessly through a bunch of categories that no one is currently using.  Just show a list of all active postings, and allow people to select their sorting options to show only posts for what they are looking for.  This would also immediately allow players to see everything that's going on, and they can scroll through the postings and join a group with minimal clicks if they don't have an idea of what they want to do.  Ideally this overhaul would also allow commanders more control on who can join their groups, as people could "apply" to join a group by selecting what role they want to fill (ex. pdps, qheal, adps, etc. etc.) instead of just allowing people to join willy nilly (though commanders could still let people do this if they want to ofc, which is optimal for metas!)

4. Direct player trading.

5. Open world dueling.

Also, thanks to the QoL team for everything they've done so far!  The game has improved so much because of you guys!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Radiancee.6537 said:

Please make SAB Baubles and Bauble Bubbles (and other festival currencies) storable inside the Material Storage. 

No make it a wallet currency with a vendor to turn it back to  Baubles or Bauble Bubbles since the material storage only stores 2500 when maxed out.

Edit.

+ we have been told the material storage is finite space and whe have not been told the material storage have that limitation.

Even if it do we have way less things in the wallet compared to material storage at this moment.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Reaper Shroud Muffled World Sound.

Anytime I enter Reaper Shroud the world sounds become muffled where I cannot hear or understand the NPC dialogue. I end up missing conversations in stories mid battle. This has been especially bad in Soto where  Peitha is already hard to understand when she speaks in the players mind but made worse with reaper shroud. 

Is there a why  to have the developer remove the muffled part of Reaper Shroud or have a toggle option for some players.

Edited by VVV.6812
  • Confused 1

Now that we're receiving more items that deviate from the standard heavy mediam and light armor aesthetic. Such as heavy armor that looks like light armor like the Skysage skins I'd love to see a heavy armor version of tribal bangles. it wouldnt need to be identical just something similar that can fill the role of jewelry. 

Posted (edited)

The idea behind the whispers would be that there is a dedicated whispers window tab, an inside this tab you'd have other tabs related to the players ur talkin to
i can have up to 5 or 6 different conversations an its soo distractin when some players flood an scroll the others off the top of the buffer an i will miss some messages 😕

please... PLEASE implement somethin like this

i've kinda made a concept idea for this that might give you guys some ideas
but this is generally the best way i can think to cope with many players

it also stops postin to the wrong person (some very private to a random)

Please consider this?

[edit]

i cant attach the image

ok so the idea is that in the chat UI, individual tabs appear for each player that whispers to u. 
that way u can have separate chats.

chat ui idea 1.png

Edited by Gelfling.4219
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1