Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

• Please allow us to add convenience NPCs to our homesteads, such as bankers, trading post representatives, merchants and so on.
  • Make it possible to summon the door to our Homestead from unusual places like Lounges, etc.
Edited by Maulclaw.4365
  • Thanks 1

I noticed some of the homestead decorations themed for other expansions use map currency from JaW. Does that mean we can get JaW map currency in these other expansions?

Also some of the decorations use mats that previously could be gotten while gathering in the guild hall, but aren't really a feature other places. This previously made sense because scribing was the only use for them at the time. They were previously very cheap on the TP but sounds like they're expensive on the TP now. They didn't go into material storage so no one not scribing for a guild hall had a reason to save up any. They should now drop as an add-on from regular openworld nodes, and the synths in WvW and NKC.

Here are some QoL suggestions:

1. Make all dropped or purchased equipment stat selectable.
  2. Allow players to change their stats on equipment easily (yep, this means redesigning the Legendries). Maybe add something similar to transmutation stones for equipment stats. This will help people experiment with builds and find what works without having to grind, or fetch new equipment.
  3. Fix the attribute system with a better, more intuitive one. Don't count on the player having to work for hours, upon hours trying to figure out how the attribute system works from a third-party website.
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Quality of Life improvement - Wilds of Janthir:  the Lowland Pine Sapling icon is hard to see and often lost in the map.  it would be nice to have the icon updated to be a bit easier to spot, such as using a lighter green, increasing its size, outlining it a bit more vibrantly, or changing the trunk color to be brighter.  In the same vein it would be helpful to add accessibility options to change the size of icons on the mini map.  

• Like 3

Would it be possible to add a color palette for the skill animation? for example coloring the mirage ambushes, the elementalist's meteor shower or the new spear skills, a palette similar to that of clothing and mounts. This would help to have a deeper level of customization, I hope it is possible.

• Sad 1

A way to enter our Homestead without the Conjured Doorway. I'd like something as convenient as the Home Portal Stone.

I have raid & crafting characters I want to park at the Aerodrome or inside pass areas like Mistlock and Arborstone. However, Conjured Doorways are banned there.

It's annoying to have to leave the map all the time to make them enter the homestead.

Edited by Sylvi.8372
  • Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 2:37 AM, MithranArkanere.8957 said:

When one selects a placed siege in WvW, it has the Siege Decay Timer effect, showing how much time the siege has left before it disappears.

Why not do the same with the placed buffs like feasts, stations, bonfires, and banners? 

When placing one of these, their own effect would be applied to themselves, with the remaining duration for the object. This way people don't have to remember the name of every food to know what each of them does. They could just select it and see the effects, and the time left before the feast disappears.

Yes, this!
Also add the effects to the item descriptions of Feasts.
With the level up rewards for level 74, you get the info on "Banquets" (feasts)

Purchase ingredients from Miyani at the Mystic Forge to craft food and drinks for large groups.

but at this point, most players won't have any idea what Feast of Mushroom Pizzas, Tray of Cherry Almond Bars, or Tray of Zucchini Bread do.

"Meal Feast: Double-click to set out a Feast of Mushroom Pizzas to share with anyone in the area. Feast stays active for 5 minutes." just isn't very helpful.
Please add the effect, e.g.,

🍎 Nourishment (30 m): +50 Expertise
+40 Condition Damage
+10% Experience from Kills

to the item description, and add the nourishment effect itself, e.g., [&AgFQMAAA] to the placed feast object for the remaining duration of the object in the world, so 5 minutes total.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Make dye selection for a single dye channel or a selection of dye channels more convenient.
My proposal: let us lock in on a dye channel, e.g., by double-clicking it (could even be a multi-selection, with a "clear selection" button or right-clicking to unselect all) and then just mouse over the unlocked dyes on the left to preview the dye for the locked in channel.

Additionally, there could be buttons that let you select all 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th dye channels together (arranged in a square like dye channels for a dyeable object).
It's clear from how dye previews work that each dye channel on a piece is numbered. I could also see triple-clicking instead, but that is not a "word" that the GW2 UI usually uses, is it?

The current system of
click dye → click channel,
click dye → click channel
certainly works and has done so for 12 years and more, but it's very clunky and inconvenient, if you want to try different dyes in one channel (or a group of channels). It is more geared towards applying the same dye to a multitude of channels at once.

My proposed system would make the above process more akin to
double-click channel →
mouse over dye,
mouse over dye, (click to apply in between if something looks somewhat good already)
mouse over dye,
mouse over dye, and click to apply.

The system could exist as on option on top of the current system to support both modes of applying dyes.
If you never double-clicked a dye slot, or hit one of the "select all 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th dye channels" buttons, you'd never encounter the new system.

I believe that my proposed system would be more in line with how other areas of the UI work. For example, the equipment panel:
If you have no equipment slot selected (by either selecting from the dropdown box on top or by clicking a slot around the avatar), you see all equipment from the inventory, other equipment templates, or the legendary armory on the left. When you double-click a piece there, you equip it into the most appropriate equipment slot. If, however, you select a slot, you only see what is eligible for the slot and can equip it with a single click. I like this system a lot.

(Additional wish voiced by another player when I ran this proposal past the r/GuildWars2  Discord:
Expand equipment templates to save dye jobs, when you copy them.)

This probably won't be added to GW2 at this point, but maybe it could inform the design of GW3's dyeing system (if it gets one).

Edited by Kerbezena.3804
more elaboration
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, JuezCosmico.6723 said:

Would it be possible to add a color palette for the skill animation? for example coloring the mirage ambushes, the elementalist's meteor shower or the new spear skills, a palette similar to that of clothing and mounts. This would help to have a deeper level of customization, I hope it is possible.

only if there was a "use default colors for skill animations" setting in options, and checking it would prevent the clients from loading that extra bit of data.
Your proposal would reduce readability of the game, which I don't consider a good thing.

• Like 1

probably already suggest somewhere on these 40 pages:

additional Autotargeting exceptions.

ground targeted skills will not select a target with Autotargeting enabled, i would like an option to expand this to more skills.  either one of the two or another way to achieve the same:

• option that makes an Autotargeting exception for movement skills that can be use without a target.
  • option to mark skills individually to not activate Autotargeting. for example as Ctrl+Mouse 2 activates autocast, similar Alt + Mouse 2 could mark a skill to not use Autotargeting

Autotargeting is a very useful tool but often disabled by players as it takes away the option to use mobility skills to kite/disengage or because some skills just track poorly with a target and land easier without. 
While there is option to turn it on/off on a keybind, it is two extra button presses whenever you would want to use a skill without it and the change/current state of your Autotarget toggle is not visible on the fly without using a skill and an enemy nearby/checking the options.

as bonus QoL:

• for weapons with ally targeting an option to set ally/enemy targeting preference for the skills.

4 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

probably already suggest somewhere on these 40 pages:

additional Autotargeting exceptions.

ground targeted skills will not select a target with Autotargeting enabled, i would like an option to expand this to more skills.  either one of the two or another way to achieve the same:

• option that makes an Autotargeting exception for movement skills that can be use without a target.
  • option to mark skills individually to not activate Autotargeting. for example as Ctrl+Mouse 2 activates autocast, similar Alt + Mouse 2 could mark a skill to not use Autotargeting

Autotargeting is a very useful tool but often disabled by players as it takes away the option to use mobility skills to kite/disengage or because some skills just track poorly with a target and land easier without. 
While there is option to turn it on/off on a keybind, it is two extra button presses whenever you would want to use a skill without it and the change/current state of your Autotarget toggle is not visible on the fly without using a skill and an enemy nearby/checking the options.

as bonus QoL:

• for weapons with ally targeting an option to set ally/enemy targeting preference for the skills.

a setting for autotargeting cone in front of you in degrees. Default would be 360; if set to 90, auto-target would only work in a 90° cone in front of you, but not to the sides or behind you.

Edited by Kerbezena.3804

1 hour ago, Kerbezena.3804 said:

a setting for autotargeting cone in front of you in degrees. Default would be 360; if set to 90, auto-target would only work in a 90° cone in front of you, but not to the sides or behind you.

that might also help, tho i am not sure if the cone would have to be in the direction your character is facing or that your camera is.

• Like 1

I didn't realize until I got to the new homestead with one of my story characters and not my home instance farmer that M.O.X. is not an account unlock. 

Could we PLEASE make him an account-wide unlock?  I don't know when/if I'll get that character down there permanently and would love to have M.O.X. always on duty no matter who is there.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I love the "Show Locked" filter in the Trading Post! (Sending love to the QoL team.) It makes shopping for skins that much easier.

Is there any chance that Recipes and Dyes can be included in that filter?

Edited by Sylvi.8372
  • Like 3

I was at a war supplies vendor today and I saw I could buy trees for war supplies. It didn't specify whether they were for guild or for home instance. I assumed guild, but even when I bought it, I didn't notice any notify about going to my guild.

could we get this vendor (and any other vendors that might sell guild decorations outside of the guild hall ones themselves) to sell trees/items for homestead as well, and have decorations better labeled as to where they go. thanks 🙂 

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1