Mystic Coins... any plans on new sources to get them?

Zboard.5019

Hello, do devs have any plan/idea about MC's sources other than Daily Leyline and Wizard's Vault?.

Looking at this week's event (Return to PoF), seems like they are trying to give more options to get MC's, but even with this event going on, prices kept going up, which is weird.

Considering there are a lot of legendaries (Also the boxes with Gen1 from WV), shouldnt they add other sources for MC's?

Edited by Zboard.5019
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

• Zboard.5019 changed the title to Mystic Coins... any plans on new sources to get them?

Efficiency doesn't show it's getting more expensive.

2024:

Zwischenablage01.jpg.ac5287da85d8516cf2ee880109753e16.jpg

My legendary bottle neck are mystic clovers :s
How can yours not be clovers?
Coins you can at least buy.

edit: And world exploration
I think I'd list that as the worst.

Trade mytsic coins for world exploration!

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

The price and the supply seem to be rather stable this year. There is always a big impact when the new WV rewards are released and I thnk you can actually see the impact of the event too, as the supply went a bit up the last days.

But I'm not surprised that the impact of the event wasn't that big compared to the WV, as the maximum was 29 coins I think and we don't know how many people even did the three PoF daylies every day, or the achievment at all.

43 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Nikki the Lost in Wizard's Tower sells 10 coins per week. Fractals drop mystic coins. Gold and Diamond tier in WvW gives mystic coins. Fluctuating mass (from the Sentient Singularity) has a chance to drop them too.

Yes, forgot about the 10/week from Prophet Shards, but out of that, diamond tier gets you 6 (4+2), but takes a lot of hours, specially for newer players. Fractals have a chance, but its pretty low, and fluctuating mass drop rate must be a joke because i opened a lot in the past and i dont remember getting one

As i said, considering the amount of legendaries you can craft, specially if you craft the clovers via mystic toilet, made sense to me to add sources to get them, other than farming like mad, afk farming or hoarding for month(s) to craft a single piece. Like add 5-10 Mystic to the Wizard's Vault Weekly Completion Chest or simply rise the amount you can buy per season from 60 to xx...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Both coins and clovers with limited/gated sources cant be infinitely farmed and thus keep the legendary crafting in check and the price of it balanced to an extent. Basically if other materials get cheaper, coins will go up and sustain legy price.

So I dont think they will add new sources. Or if they will, they will remove or reduce other sources which was already done in the past.

Keep in mind legy prices in general are droping over time. So there is really no reason for additional sources..

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Zboard.5019 said:

By going up, i meant that price kept going up since the expansion release a month ago, even with the season still being 1 month old and having a special event that rewards easy MC's

If you only look at the price since the start of September then it's true it's been going up steadily, but that's because it dropped rapidly from the 24th August until that point. If you look at it over a longer timescale then it doesn't make much difference. Mystic Coins are currently cheaper than they were throughout the entire rest of 2024.

40 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

The price and the supply seem to be rather stable this year. There is always a big impact when the new WV rewards are released and I thnk you can actually see the impact of the event too, as the supply went a bit up the last days.

But I'm not surprised that the impact of the event wasn't that big compared to the WV, as the maximum was 29 coins I think and we don't know how many people even did the three PoF daylies every day, or the achievment at all.

I did an analysis of this back in June and I don't think the Wizard's Vault actually has that much of an impact. Expansion releases have a noticable impact, but the WV refreshes alongside new episodes don't make much difference.

Expansion releasees

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I did an analysis of this back in June and I don't think the Wizard's Vault actually has that much of an impact. Expansion releases have a noticable impact, but the WV refreshes alongside new episodes don't make much difference.

Expansion releasees

Not for the prices, yes, but you can see the spikes in the supply numbers very well this year

11 minutes ago, Zboard.5019 said:

Yes, forgot about the 10/week from Prophet Shards, but out of that, diamond tier gets you 6 (4+2), but takes a lot of hours, specially for newer players. Fractals have a chance, but its pretty low, and fluctuating mass drop rate must be a joke because i opened a lot in the past and i dont remember getting one

As i said, considering the amount of legendaries you can craft, specially if you craft the clovers via mystic toilet, made sense to me to add sources to get them, other than farming like mad, afk farming or hoarding for month(s) to craft a single piece. Like add 5-10 Mystic to the Wizard's Vault Weekly Completion Chest or simply rise the amount you can buy per season from 60 to xx...

Daily Fractals every day gives you enough gold to buy around a dozen mystic coins a day. At that rate you'd be able to craft a legendary every 7-8 days, provided you have all the other materials you need. And if they drop from the daily chests, all the better, right? You aren't supposed to spew out legendaries every day, unless you're a TP baron. I mean, you can, but why risk the burnout?

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Zboard.5019 said:

By going up, i meant that price kept going up since the expansion release a month ago, even with the season still being 1 month old and having a special event that rewards easy MC's

Based on that timeframe, that's irrelevent, Mystic coin price (and any material, by the way) are fluctuating every day, with ups and downs. Like someone said, their was a down something like one month before expac, now it's an up.

The same way a few month away, there were a down and then an up, of the same amplitude as this one. To sum up, nothing unusual there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Agree, and i think that is part of the problem, there are way more legendaries now, but the MC's barely got any more reliable sources, that is why they are double the price devs wanetd it to be (around 1g/MC)

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Daily Fractals every day gives you enough gold to buy around a dozen mystic coins a day. At that rate you'd be able to craft a legendary every 7-8 days, provided you have all the other materials you need. And if they drop from the daily chests, all the better, right? You aren't supposed to spew out legendaries every day, unless you're a TP baron. I mean, you can, but why risk the burnout?

If everyone does that, prices are going to go up even further. As i said, there are a lof of legendaries that are useful (armor, runes, sigils, relic, weapons), but the MC's sources, i'd say got 'nerfed': Before, you just had to log in your alt and get 20 MC's per month. Now it requires effort, so a lot of people are not getting theirs from alts. Those both, plus you can get actual gold from WV made MC go up, imo...and here we are, at 2g minimun per MC, which i belive wanst intended by the devs

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Zboard.5019 said:

If everyone does that, prices are going to go up even further. As i said, there are a lof of legendaries that are useful (armor, runes, sigils, relic, weapons), but the MC's sources, i'd say got 'nerfed': Before, you just had to log in your alt and get 20 MC's per month. Now it requires effort, so a lot of people are not getting theirs from alts. Those both, plus you can get actual gold from WV made MC go up, imo...and here we are, at 2g minimun per MC, which i belive wanst intended by the devs

Mystic coins were 2G long before the WV was introduced. The Vault is not responsible for the current price. Actually, when MC sources got nerfed everyone (including me) thought they would become more expensive, but actually the opposite happened. The price about halved, to below 1G. Then, when SotO released, MC value went up to 2G again, like it was before.

I also don't see any problem with MC's requiring effort to acquire. It hasn't impacted the value of MC's, at least. It's almost as if the game does have sufficient means of acquiring MC's and the changes they implemented haven't affected the value that much, or at all. It makes more sense having to play the game to get rewards than only having to log in to get rewards. It is a game, after all, and meant to be played

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Both coins and clovers with limited/gated sources cant be infinitely farmed and thus keep the legendary crafting in check and the price of it balanced to an extent. Basically if other materials get cheaper, coins will go up and sustain legy price.

So I dont think they will add new sources. Or if they will, they will remove or reduce other sources which was already done in the past.

Keep in mind legy prices in general are droping over time. So there is really no reason for additional sources..

I think this is on point btw and that's also probably why OP completely avoided acknowledging anything about your post 😉 

3 hours ago, Zboard.5019 said:

Agree, and i think that is part of the problem, there are way more legendaries now, but the MC's barely got any more reliable sources, that is why they are double the price devs wanetd it to be (around 1g/MC)

Evidence suggests the developers are fine with it being around 2g/MC, they have a lot of power to change things if they weren't.

There are both supply and demand sides to the equation. I suspect demand for mystic coins and clovers has gone up because the Wizards Vault and SOTO open world armour will be encouraging more people to craft legendaries, and this was surely deliberate by Anet (crafting legendaries is a good long term goal in game so it makes perfect sense for Anet to encourage people to dip their toe in).