No LWS4 Ep 2 for today, nor trailer: are you sleeping?

Susy.7529

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:They only said it will be the same pace as season 3.Now, you have to understand that those wording, do not mean it will alway be within the 2-3 months window.

It means exactly that. Unless they give us an announcement that an episode is going to be later.

No it does not. You keep on misquoting out of content. I said, that a pace means an average. It means that a delay doesn’t mean the next one is also having the same delay. It is ready when it is ready. Better no content, then content that’s is bugged. You are not entitled to anything as they keep the promise. If you disagree with me, please go into my arguments and debate (friendly) where I am wrong in your opinion. Quoting me without my arguments is just rude. Reacting to it with one-liners is very troll-like behavior. You can do better, I know you can!

I'm pretty sure first few episodes are already done. They were working on them since One Path Ends. But they said that they want 2-3 months between episodes for LW3 and to keep this schedule for LW4. This means, if a delay happens, they are going to announce it. I'm not arguing what's better or worse here, just pointing out that we are still within announced brackets of release but it's not unusual to expect announcement if they want to release episode 2 later than 3 months.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:They only said it will be the same pace as season 3.Now, you have to understand that those wording, do not mean it will alway be within the 2-3 months window.

It means exactly that. Unless they give us an announcement that an episode is going to be later.

No it does not. You keep on misquoting out of content. I said, that a pace means an average. It means that a delay doesn’t mean the next one is also having the same delay. It is ready when it is ready. Better no content, then content that’s is bugged. You are not entitled to anything as they keep the promise. If you disagree with me, please go into my arguments and debate (friendly) where I am wrong in your opinion. Quoting me without my arguments is just rude. Reacting to it with one-liners is very troll-like behavior. You can do better, I know you can!

I'm pretty sure first few episodes are already done. They were working on them since One Path Ends. But they said that they want 2-3 months between episodes for LW3 and to keep this schedule for LW4. This means, if a delay happens, they are going to announce it. I'm not arguing what's better or worse here, just pointing out that we are still within announced brackets of release but it's not unusual to expect announcement if they want to release episode 2 later than 3 months.

As far as I recall, Mo never mentioned a 2 to 3 month release schedule. He mentioned “not letting up the pace”. He said it at the PoF announcement referring to the living story as a guideline for the release of PoF. He never mentioned anything beyond that, but he was proud of the pace and let’s take for granted it is the goal. It means they commit to an average. He issue here is always that we tend to read more then what is to there. If a statement is made people immediately will shout gw2 is dying cause of a 2 week delay. It shows our commitment to the game (and I love that), but in the voice of the community it is rather poisonous as it was never said like that. It was actually very much like an average. And as I explained it makes sense. They have an epic story ready (I hope) and it is all ready, just for a very nasty crash halfway they need to fix. To the overall development it is not a stop. They can continue. To those devs involved (I feel sorry cause the pressure is on you lot). But for us fans, let’s not take Mo’s words out of content, they will deliver content on the pace we are used to (in general)

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

As far as I recall, Mo never mentioned a 2 to 3 month release schedule. He mentioned “not letting up the pace”. He said it at the PoF announcement referring to the living story as a guideline for the release of PoF. He never mentioned anything beyond that, but he was proud of the pace and let’s take for granted it is the goal. It means they commit to an average. He issue here is always that we tend to read more then what is to there. If a statement is made people immediately will shout gw2 is dying cause of a 2 week delay. It shows our commitment to the game (and I love that), but in the voice of the community it is rather poisonous as it was never said like that. It was actually very much like an average. And as I explained it makes sense. They have an epic story ready (I hope) and it is all ready, just for a very nasty crash halfway they need to fix. To the overall development it is not a stop. They can continue. To those devs involved (I feel sorry cause the pressure is on you lot). But for us fans, let’s not take Mo’s words out of content, they will deliver content on the pace we are used to (in general)

You can find Mike O'Brien making statements about the 2 to 3-month release schedule a few times here: https://www.reddit.com/user/Mike-OBrien-ArenaNet?count=25&after=t1_dkprk3t

Good luck.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:Idk how long you have played but to be safe here arenanet also just added the new festival. So I assumed and was right. That the festival will happen before the episode.

Why does everyone use the festival as an excuse? With the exception of the race it is pretty much the same content as they have done in previous years. Remember that they launched their first expansion and Halloween at the same time so I doubt the festival slows them down much, in fact it is probably better to launch during one as it allows them to work any bugs out of the new content while some people are doing the festival.

The race and the adventure, and there were changes to Dragon Ball.

Wow such enormous complex contents, this must have delayed the LWS4 by a lot of weeks...

I was simply correcting an ommision. As the game changes, the way things work changes too. The reason the Queen's Pavillion hasn't come back is because it would have to be completely redone. No one knows how things work or don't work , but even if nothing changes that doesn't mean changes don't have to be made

As other have said, it's likely the festival team is different from the Living Story Team. But the story has to be tested and bugs have to be fixed and sometimes that takes longer than others. The only people who make comments about 3 months being too long between new zones and story are people who don't work in programming to begin with. It's easy to say I'd have it done if I worked for this company. But it's much much harder to actually do it.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:Idk how long you have played but to be safe here arenanet also just added the new festival. So I assumed and was right. That the festival will happen before the episode.

Why does everyone use the festival as an excuse? With the exception of the race it is pretty much the same content as they have done in previous years. Remember that they launched their first expansion and Halloween at the same time so I doubt the festival slows them down much, in fact it is probably better to launch during one as it allows them to work any bugs out of the new content while some people are doing the festival.

Wow such enormous complex contents, this must have delayed the LWS4 by a lot of weeks...

I was simply correcting an ommision. As the game changes, the way things work changes too. The reason the Queen's Pavillion hasn't come back is because it would have to be completely redone. No one knows how things work or don't work , but even if nothing changes that doesn't mean changes don't have to be made

As other have said, it's likely the festival team is different from the Living Story Team. But the story has to be tested and bugs have to be fixed and sometimes that takes longer than others. The only people who make comments about 3 months being too long between new zones and story are people who don't work in programming to begin with. It's easy to say I'd have it done if I worked for this company. But it's much much harder to actually do it.

I have a suspicion that we are moving to quarterly updates, if you look at Daybreak you find a map that's bigger than any LW Map, more variety of ecosystems and terrain, two meta chains, bounties, a few collections, and the most well written and lengthy LW Story to date; this is all going to take time between each patch and as you suggested to me years ago Bloodstone Fen was probably developed when HoT was developed, Instan was probably crafted when PoF was as well.

As long as each LW update has the replay value of Instan then 3 month Intervals is acceptable.

@Vayne.8563 said:

I believe it was stated that the Living World Team is separate from the Festivals/Current Events Team, in the past. Whether there has been restructuring, since then, I've no idea.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"blambidy.3216" said:Idk how long you have played but to be safe here arenanet also just added the new festival. So I assumed and was right. That the festival will happen before the episode.

I believe it was stated that the Living World Team is separate from the Festivals/Current Events Team, in the past. Whether there has been restructuring, since then, I've no idea.

That's why I used the words "it's likely" instead of making it a definite statement. It seems unlikely just from logic that living world teams would also be responsible for returning festivals, just due to the workload.

@Despond.2174 said:I am just eager to see how they will top the current Istan meta in terms of farming, and also to see if there will be anything interesting to spend magic on. They definitely started off big with LW4. Hopefully it comes in March, I am starting to feel itchy. :D

Yes, they set the bar high with the last season: ascended trinkets. Things to keep altoholics busy for ages (my current estimate to outfit all of my characters is this summer). If you ignore map-specific stuff what have we got so far? More minis?

@Arfreda.8415 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:There was no expectation for one given

The fact that Anet specifically said a 2-3 month release period, and also that it’s now at the END of the third month, I would say there are LOTS of expectations for a release soon

Technically this is not the end of the third month quite yet, they still have a couple of weeks to go. LW S4 Ep.1 was released on Tuesday Nov. 28th, today is Thursday Feb. 15th, the official end of 3 months will be Tuesday February 27th...almost a full 2 weeks away, and the Lunar New Year festival runs through the 22nd of February...so I would think you might see the trailer next week, perhaps right after the festival ends, which would still be before the potential release on the 27th.

Yeah its frustrating i spend so much money in the Gem store anyways in order to support this game. Last i checked in the last year i have spend over £200 on gem store items and that is pretty much the trend for me since i picked this game up on launch. My brother who is also a long time supporter of this game and has spent his fair share of money in the GEM STORE has moved back to WoW because nothing is happening at the moment, lets hope that the next Living World update is Bloody Epic or otherwise they may loose another supporter

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:They never announced an exact release schedule. They only said it will be the same pace as season 3.Now, you have to understand that those wording, do not mean it will alway be within the 2-3 months window. It means the average gap between these windows will not exceed 2-3 months. So only if they no longer can keep up the pace they should communicate it.

Yes they did, and here is the proof:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/29546/an-update-on-episode-2

We are fast approaching the end of our 2-3 month cadence window for Living World Episodes and this morning we were hoping to unveil the Episode 2 Trailer

Arenanet's Guild Wars 2 is the first mmo i have ever had the pleasure of playing and i have have been hooked since the first day i joined the Guild Wars family, but even though i have had hours of game play that i have enjoyed and still do. I find myself still getting annoyed with how long we have to wait for any new content, and with how got no help when i was trying to retrieve my old account with Arenanet. To the point where in the end i had to make this new account and now having to work on trying to get back to where i was on my old account. i hope and wish that there is away that these issues could be fixed.

@chrisartforce.4806 said:Arenanet's Guild Wars 2 is the first mmo i have ever had the pleasure of playing and i have have been hooked since the first day i joined the Guild Wars family, but even though i have had hours of game play that i have enjoyed and still do. I find myself still getting annoyed with how long we have to wait for any new content, and with how got no help when i was trying to retrieve my old account with Arenanet. To the point where in the end i had to make this new account and now having to work on trying to get back to where i was on my old account. i hope and wish that there is away that these issues could be fixed.

Only support can help with your account issues. Posting here honestly won't do anything at all. If you still have a ticket, you can update it and ask that it be escalated.

Archived