ArenaNet attending E3 2018

Chilli.2976

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Possibilities:

1. New game
  2. GW2 on consoles
  3. EA buys Anet
  4. Build templates

new game - i kind of doubt when they still have a lot or resources going into gw2 story and possibly next expansion.

gw2 onconsole - i highly doubt. the game doesnt even run smooth at high settings on good computers, let alone the controls just don't seem like they would work well for controllers.

EA buying Anet - I wouldnt even have a guess as to that being a thing or not.

Build templates - I feel like that's not something you would go to E3 for as that is only something people that already play gw2 care about. E3 is for showing your game to new ppl so they buy it and new players dont care if build templates are going to be a thing in gw2.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@aspirine.6852 said:Surely not expansion news. It's not even that long since pof release.

By E3, PoF will be nearly 9 months old and season 4 will be halfway through, assuming 6 episode again. They'll want at least 6 months for advertising, rather than repeating PoF and essentially only marketing it to existing players. Consider that if they stick to $30 expansions, they will certainly want to recover the losses by offering a new one roughly every year, rather than the usual $50 every other year.

At the current rate however, with 3 months in-between episodes, it'll take roughly another year for season 4 to end. Unless they speed it up or cut it short, I doubt they'd announce an expansion over a year in advance, though they did so with HoT. They still have PAX later this year in September, which is likely when episode 4 will launch. You'll know if they're planning to reveal it however, since the episode will likely do it first, unless they're no longer using seasons to link them.

@Healix.5819 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Surely not expansion news. It's not even that long since pof release.

By E3, PoF will be nearly 9 months old and season 4 will be halfway through, assuming 6 episode again. They'll want at least 6 months for advertising, rather than repeating PoF and essentially only marketing it to existing players. Consider that if they stick to $30 expansions, they will certainly want to recover the losses by offering a new one roughly every year, rather than the usual $50 every other year.

Looking at the NCSoft income from GW2, I don't really think that they lost anything, on the contrary. Sure we don't know how much they spent to develop the last expansion, but the game is doing pretty well imo.One of the sell point of GW2 is that there's no rush in farming gear and its target are casual players. There are always returning players who have to buy some expac and I don't think that pushing 1 expansion every year would be a good idea. If they really want to gain more, better to develop another game and move part of the dev team on it. Pushing the accelerator on GW2 would make the game like all the other MMOs, so bye bye current target.

• 1 month later...

Given no news about episode 3, it seems likely they will just talk about episode 3, living story, and potentially the wvw changes coming at some point to servers.

As much as I would like a teaser for an expansion or something bigger for guild wars 2 than just talking about their quarterly content update, I think the timing is too intentional with this release for it to not be the big part of their presentation at e3.

That's of course assuming that episode 3 is actually coming out within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

GW2 on game console play it on the PS4 it might work Tera out on PS4. GW2 on the phone people are looking at mobile games.Maybe they might announce Cantha with a new race? As for GW3 if they ever do it they need to add more character creation but I doubt it GW3.

Introduction of mounts to GW 1. =)I just had to say it. What if water combat update was only partial?They announce at E3 underwater combat revamped just in time for season 4 episode 3 which could the biggest episode content so far.Besides episode 3 is well on it's way to becoming late and it just might be because E3 is very close. Also it's a good way to test the waters and get new players in time for the announcement of a Cantha & DSD aka bubbles expansion in Jan 2019. :o <3

@"sorudo.9054" said:knowing Anet, yet more achievements to grind and more armor/weapons to craft at 500 mastery, the usual bad ideas.

How can you even say this?

"Look at this optional content many people enjoy and that keeps them in the game. It's absolutely terrible!"

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"sorudo.9054" said:knowing Anet, yet more achievements to grind and more armor/weapons to craft at 500 mastery, the usual bad ideas.

"Look at this optional content many people enjoy and that keeps them in the game. It's absolutely terrible!"

Crafting in GW2 is not particularly interesting, neither are grindy achievements. Those are usually added because they don't require much effort.

Quality content is new maps, new story, intricate optional quests (like Caladbolg's), etc. Stuff you usually get from meaty content patches.

@Blocki.4931 said:

ppl call achievements quests, they are boring stuff to do because Anet still doesn't know how to add quality quests, they also love to force ppl to craft which is the worst system in crafting since MU online.

Archived