/GG in fractals needs to be nerfed

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Balancing the game around immersion is kinda meh anyways.

It's not even about immersion in my opinion. How is it more immersing when your group just stands there and waits for the chrono to change his skill. If you could at least switch skills that are on cool down and carry the cool down over to the new skill. That way you could switch and still have the penalty, but you could start the fight.

If you try to roleplay skill cool downs for immersion it becomes hilarious anyway. And who cares how a group of friends plays instanced content? Nobody else sees what you are doing.

This upcoming change and the random toxic trails etc. are not good for the game. Fractals is the only content I do regularly, but yesterday I already skipped them because 99cm with toxic trails and random conditions and pugs was horrible. This stuff adds no fun to the game, it's just annoying.

Honestly if you cant deal with the content and the instabilities change up your setup to make it work better. Also if one can play the content how ever he/she likes with friends or like minded ppl then why is the op here ;_;

I think you misunderstood. I skipped because it annoyed me. I don't like spending my freetime on stuff that annoys me. Today I had to do the Obsidian Sanctum JP for a collection item, it was annoying. I proved that I can deal with the content, but I will not do it again. Some instabilities are horribly annoying. I used that exact word in my post, not "it was too hard, I can't deal with the content."

In your mind, only players who have difficulties with content have a right to complain. I have no difficulties but I complain about annoying mechanics.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Faaris.8013 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Balancing the game around immersion is kinda meh anyways.

It's not even about immersion in my opinion. How is it more immersing when your group just stands there and waits for the chrono to change his skill. If you could at least switch skills that are on cool down and carry the cool down over to the new skill. That way you could switch and still have the penalty, but you could start the fight.

If you try to roleplay skill cool downs for immersion it becomes hilarious anyway. And who cares how a group of friends plays instanced content? Nobody else sees what you are doing.

This upcoming change and the random toxic trails etc. are not good for the game. Fractals is the only content I do regularly, but yesterday I already skipped them because 99cm with toxic trails and random conditions and pugs was horrible. This stuff adds no fun to the game, it's just annoying.

Honestly if you cant deal with the content and the instabilities change up your setup to make it work better. Also if one can play the content how ever he/she likes with friends or like minded ppl then why is the op here ;_;

I think you misunderstood. I skipped because it annoyed me. I don't like spending my freetime on stuff that annoys me. Today I had to do the Obsidian Sanctum JP for a collection item, it was annoying. I proved that I can deal with the content, but I will not do it again. Some instabilities are horribly annoying. I used that exact word in my post, not "it was too hard, I can't deal with the content."

In your mind, only players who have difficulties with content have a right to complain. I have no difficulties but I complain about annoying mechanics.

I didnt said that u find it hard i said u could swap your build around to make it less annoying.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:A good solution for the op would be to add a "leave no hero behind" for every fractal ^^That would be one time content. In 100 CM people tend to /gg anyway. Even if there is someone who still need the achievement, lots of people do not care about that and /gg anyway.

Thats not true if someone asks for the run to be gg-less then we will normally try it and if it doesnt work we will just go as normal. Ive done it a fair bit of times and every time we had someone asking for a deathless run we atempted it at least once.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:A good solution for the op would be to add a "leave no hero behind" for every fractal ^^That would be one time content. In 100 CM people tend to /gg anyway. Even if there is someone who still need the achievement, lots of people do not care about that and /gg anyway.

Thats not true if someone asks for the run to be gg-less then we will normally try it and if it doesnt work we will just go as normal. Ive done it a fair bit of times and every time we had someone asking for a deathless run we atempted it at least once.And I saw plenty of runs where people /gg ed anyways. Because they obviously need those long cooldowns right at the start of a boss fight already.

@Rune Darkmoor.3269 said:

@Ikoshin.2430 said:So if i get stuck in the wall, which i manage to do a lot, and am not able to GG what then?

I dunno, how did the people who've played since beta up until /gg was implemented?

*hint: log out and back in most of the time.

Id rather have the isntant gg rather that going through the process of logging out and back in. ( i save on loading screens which is bae since i dont have an ssd atm)

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@zealex.9410 said:A good solution for the op would be to add a "leave no hero behind" for every fractal ^^That would be one time content. In 100 CM people tend to /gg anyway. Even if there is someone who still need the achievement, lots of people do not care about that and /gg anyway.

Thats not true if someone asks for the run to be gg-less then we will normally try it and if it doesnt work we will just go as normal. Ive done it a fair bit of times and every time we had someone asking for a deathless run we atempted it at least once.And I saw plenty of runs where people /gg ed anyways. Because they obviously need those long cooldowns right at the start of a boss fight already.

Well if they dint tell u that it was going to be a deathless run u shouldnt have expected one.

And besides much like ppl still do the old cms for the legendary backpiece theres still ppl interested in the title. Making an lfg group with about it should get those ppl started.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

That's up to the players. I usually ask before /gg-ing in front of Arkk if I see we still have the eligibility. And it doesn't hurt to ask, either. Recently I've been in two groups when a player asked to try for LNHB and we did it both times. There's always the chance to have a jerk in your party, but he'll be a jerk regardless.

@Rune Darkmoor.3269 said:

@Ikoshin.2430 said:So if i get stuck in the wall, which i manage to do a lot, and am not able to GG what then?

I dunno, how did the people who've played since beta up until /gg was implemented?

*hint: log out and back in most of the time.

If u get stuck on the wall u can try /stuck . Likely it won't work and so you may hit the cross button to the top right.. I hope this helps amen

@Talindra.4958 said:

@Jackk.8104 said:Can we have a keybind for /gg? kinda tired of typing this all the time in raids and fractals

Don't worry.. you won't need to type gg ff kk jj anymore soon xD the dev will come up with an ultimate super op solution .. just sit back and waitI can sense malediktus giggling at the corner...

I wish Ben worked on new fractals instead of this. Or random instabilities.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Jackk.8104 said:Can we have a keybind for /gg? kinda tired of typing this all the time in raids and fractals

Don't worry.. you won't need to type gg ff kk jj anymore soon xD the dev will come up with an ultimate super op solution .. just sit back and waitI can sense malediktus giggling at the corner...

I wish Ben worked on new fractals instead of this. Or random instabilities.

Random instabilities is fine. The issue is that they went ahead with it without polishing it further. And besides, Ben gave a schedule on fractals from back when pof released. So how about we w8 until the supposed time of the next release comes until we claim that this took any serious amount of time?

@Faaris.8013 said:Why always think about removing something...

Why not add a reward when your team makes it through a fractal without anyone dying?

Because that would be used as an excuse for people to refused to help newbies, and it would make pugs unbearable. Plus, any of the groups that are already abusing /gg would just go back to abusing it after one person died.

@EnemyCrusher.7324 said:

@"Faaris.8013" said:Why always think about removing something...

Why not add a reward when your team makes it through a fractal without anyone dying?

Because that would be used as an excuse for people to refused to help newbies, and it would make pugs unbearable. Plus, any of the groups that are already abusing /gg would just go back to abusing it after one person died.

I think this would work well for T4s only, not in the lower tiers. I don't see anyone using /gg in lower tiers anyway. That the current use of /gg is an "abuse" is not a fact btw.

• 2 weeks later...

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:I didn't read this whole thread, but I will say we are considering removing cooldown reset from GG, and instead moving it to mistlock singularities, as /gg after every encounter/trash fight to reset is not what we had in mind with that feature. This would involve doing a pass on all the mistlock singularities to make sure they aren't in boss fights, as well as adding a fail safe buff that prevents you from resetting cooldowns in combat.

If you grabbed a mistlock singularity in combat you would probably get a buff, with which your cooldowns will be reset the next time you exit combat.

I would soo love it if you could do that!! It is sooo frustrating if you want to reset cool down, but someone in the group did not /gg and it won't reset since i used LFG, it happens a LOT! I don't like to do /gg but i understand why we do it. So another way to reset our cooldowns would be amazing!

Maybe you could make it a stackable buff?? Like if the fractal started you get 1 reset buff stack it would be like the Adrenal Mushroom in the Special Forces Training Area, but instead you could make it so that it would consume 1 stack if you typed /cd and you get +1 stack if you used the Mistlock singularity. Also when ppl typed /gg the game could could consume 1 buff stack too so you don't have to type /gg and /cd. I think that if you do it like this people don't have to ALL /gg for their skills to reset so it would be less toxic and maybe this could be good for speed runners too since they could save the buff stacks and be more effeicient. The buff stack could reset to 1 too if you died for extra challenge!

• 4 months later...

Archived