/GG in fractals needs to be nerfed

@Deeyra.1476 said:

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:I didn't read this whole thread, but I will say we are considering removing cooldown reset from GG, and instead moving it to mistlock singularities, as /gg after every encounter/trash fight to reset is not what we had in mind with that feature. This would involve doing a pass on all the mistlock singularities to make sure they aren't in boss fights, as well as adding a fail safe buff that prevents you from resetting cooldowns in combat.

If you grabbed a mistlock singularity in combat you would probably get a buff, with which your cooldowns will be reset the next time you exit combat.

Basically what you were considering is making fractals last forever? Example, you engage and waste your long cooldowns. People fail, you wipe. Wait 2 mins for cooldowns. This happens a few times and your food goes to waste. Food that isnt cheap. And time you could be doing something else. There is no /gg in dungeons and look at how that is going for some people. Rather add rewards for not dying than removing something people do for speed clears. #triggered

Stop using food, ez. It's not like you actually need it.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:I didn't read this whole thread, but I will say we are considering removing cooldown reset from GG, and instead moving it to mistlock singularities, as /gg after every encounter/trash fight to reset is not what we had in mind with that feature. This would involve doing a pass on all the mistlock singularities to make sure they aren't in boss fights, as well as adding a fail safe buff that prevents you from resetting cooldowns in combat.

If you grabbed a mistlock singularity in combat you would probably get a buff, with which your cooldowns will be reset the next time you exit combat.

Basically what you were considering is making fractals last forever? Example, you engage and waste your long cooldowns. People fail, you wipe. Wait 2 mins for cooldowns. This happens a few times and your food goes to waste. Food that isnt cheap. And time you could be doing something else. There is no /gg in dungeons and look at how that is going for some people. Rather add rewards for not dying than removing something people do for speed clears. #triggered

Stop using food, ez. It's not like you actually need it.

If you want damage you do need it. Especially as a condi class or support . T4 are suposed to be hard and food makes it faster. T3- you shouldn't need any food true

After having read all the comments, I will give my sincere opinion.

What is the / gg for?

Basically, this system or command was added, as you call it. It is used simply to die faster and repeat the meeting, for many reasons: dead in the middle of the match, wrong skills, etc. etc.

But now the / gg is now basically, to reset the character's abilities. And skip 50% of the content of the instance, with this command.

In the end it has been created with other intentions by the professional players themselves

And this only happens in fractals. And ... if we look back. The dungeons, does not have the / gg command implemented, there is no skills reset and therefore there is no skip through a command.

There in the dungeons, you must use the skills wisely and efficiently.(Yes, we know that between boss and boss there are pre-events and that by doing those pre-events the skills are already recharged)In more than 50 MMORPG games that I have played, this command does not exist, nor does the reset of the skills in PvE content.

What I really want to say, is that if we continue at this rate, fractals will be boring, monotonous and even very easy. With all the tools, that the developers are giving us.

If this happens, from my point of view I will say it in the next point, the players will take advantage to create another system that really was not that its purpose.

The following will happen: everyone will change their damage abilities, for support abilities (blessings). Pre-Stack: Power, protection, fury, setting standards, etc., etc. Quickly pick up the mistlock singularities, reset the skills, quickly change their skills that are only take 5-10 seconds, and even start with the advantage of being able to carry all 5 of the warrior's banners, or else. When your banner is over, you can launch the others immediately. And they start with the boss, with almost all the blessings, with the banners with the CD renewed, thus offering a huge advantage, against a confrontation of a boss.

When they pick the mistlock singularities, they must remove all the blessings they carry at the moment.

EDIT: Or only reset the elite skill.

And I was thinking a lot of time. Because the truth, when something is created at the end is going to be created for another purpose by professional players.

If someone has offended you, or you have not liked the way I have addressed. I apologize, I like to speak with total sincerity, discuss your points of view, and give my own.

Regards

Sometimes people want to use the singularities found at the boss room when they already carry the Rigorous Certainty effect, so they would not want to use it to recharge skills when they arrive at a boss when they could save it to get another Rigorous Certainty if they lose their current one.

Would it be possible to add an additional Fractal Mastery ability that you can train to be able to stack Rigorous Certainty if you do not lose it through the fractal? It'll be a way to reward not getting downed, and it would allow players to use the singularities without having to worry they are losing the chance of using the effect for the future. With that mastery, you'd just use them as you find them, and picking one would never be a waste.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:I don't see why making the changes to gg is needed. It is one of best way to get skill CD in many many situation. Many fights to next room needs switching skill such as change utility skills for more cc And such.. the skill CD can be 60 sec or 40 sec .. instead if asking group to gg now we have to say can you all wait pls I'm not ready .. talking that to pug in EU.. more tedious to get pug to wait than having ppl understand important of playing ad a team to consider other members skill recharge and it is part of important game play team work and mutual understanding. It is never an abuse.

Many daily run players are not going to appreciate this change.Anyway this is my feedback. How hard is it to gg? Seriously?

When the last update for gg for skill CD.. everyone applaud to that change.Cm run without gg .... Omg.. another reason not to bother doing fractal daily

I wonder how people did fractals before /gg was added.They did swamp of the day. And before that they rerolled first frac for swamp.But hey, if you think that having all players stand a minute or two after each fight so that one person's elite skill can refresh properly is something worth fighting for, then go ahead. Speedrunners still won't wait for you though.

Once again, the suggested change will keep the functionality of refreshing cds for boss fights, it will just remove it during certain skips. The only bosses that don’t have a singularity that resets on party wipe beside it either no one ggs for anyway, or is missing a singularity that should be there for other reasons anyway. Do not use the “have to wait for cds” argument, because it is nonsense

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:I don't see why making the changes to gg is needed. It is one of best way to get skill CD in many many situation. Many fights to next room needs switching skill such as change utility skills for more cc And such.. the skill CD can be 60 sec or 40 sec .. instead if asking group to gg now we have to say can you all wait pls I'm not ready .. talking that to pug in EU.. more tedious to get pug to wait than having ppl understand important of playing ad a team to consider other members skill recharge and it is part of important game play team work and mutual understanding. It is never an abuse.

Many daily run players are not going to appreciate this change.Anyway this is my feedback. How hard is it to gg? Seriously?

When the last update for gg for skill CD.. everyone applaud to that change.Cm run without gg .... Omg.. another reason not to bother doing fractal daily

I wonder how people did fractals before /gg was added.They did swamp of the day. And before that they rerolled first frac for swamp.But hey, if you think that having all players stand a minute or two after each fight so that one person's elite skill can refresh properly is something worth fighting for, then go ahead. Speedrunners still won't wait for you though.

They dont need to wait for me, I never wait for cds since that seems pointless to me

@Zaraki.5784 said:No, it doesn't need to be nerfed, fractals are already too hard at high levels, I don't want T4 and CMs to become a new raid, leave the /gg as it is and nerf fractal overall difficulty instead.funniest comment of the topic award goes to you. t4 too hard lol. t4 is so easy that t1-3 are obsolete

@Malediktus.9250 said:

They dont need to wait for me, I never wait for cds since that seems pointless to me

Seems like creating new LFG and finding people who share your special condition is the best solution for everyone. You make your experience better while not interfering with how majority of players enjoy the content. Win win.

Well... If the original intention of gg wasn't design for reseting skill CD ready for next match then by all means remove or change it. Players will cope. Don't really care that much really.But sorry guys I don't have CA.. chaos no extra cc .. many map will be bit longer and a tiny bit tedious. I won't be bothered doing fractal that much... too much trouble (not bcos of gg or no gg .. cos fractal takes too much time to clear)Going backward is ok :p. I mean going back to prior to gg is ok. Ppl will adjust back.Cheer up :)

PS malediktus.. nice ap man give me sum :)

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:funniest comment of the topic award goes to you. t4 too hard lol. t4 is so easy that t1-3 are obsolete

That's one of the reasons people don't like you. I think it is worth understanding that there are a lot of players out there not being capable of getting smooth t4 runs done.Thankfully life is not a popularity contest, so what other people think of me is the least of my worries

So i must to speak here because forum french is abandoned.

I think your idea is really bad actually some people don't understand why this mechanics is importante so let me explain you :

Actually there are 2 types of people : people "casu" who play for fun and people "experience" who use consumers like pots and food and are in the meta to rush this.

Fractal need to be fun and short so exemple in 100CM /gg is necessary to reset cd chrono... to prepare the team to kill boss. If you delete this some time lost because of your idea and some time lost why ? for nothing.... Actually i don't understand why you want change this then It is not the priority. When I read you article i class anet like player "casu" who don't understand their own mechanics. If you do this some people will leave fractal as dungeon do you want the same result ? nobody to do this . Great ! continue as this then! Maybe you will must listen the communty and develop exemple : -> build backup, solve bug fractal like 85 urban charr, solve bug mesmer with aptitude 3% boons duration by boons or work in weapon like armor legendary ..... So why propose this then i see all this work to do ?

I rather have checkpoints work so that more than one player needs to be there to activate it. Ofcourse in some cases that would need adjustment of the content but I think that teamplay should work better than rush to the checkpoint so that everyonecan just gg to skip it.

I feel that the CD reset is really no different than the adrenal mushrooms in raids. (Are there still adrenal mushrooms in raids?) If gg or better adrenal mushrooms or similar can be added to locations where that makes sense then I dont see why not. If its possible to /gg when everyone is alive and out of combat to in that case only to reset cooldowns rather than killing the player. Or even a separate command that only works out of combat to reset CDs. Or maybe even standardize it so that your skills recharge faster if out of combat at all times.

I guess it really depends what is ideal and why cooldowns shouldnt be reset in the first place. I guess because /gg available at all times and not timing your skills right should maybe punish you with a little wait time. I guess it matters alot for pacing as well.

Although Im sure not many will argue for a nerf of this because of the huge bias towards getting to the end that bit faster.

Even though personally, I wouldnt be against not even being able to switch skills in between encounters in fractals. But then Fractals definitely become alot harder ofcourse.

@zealex.9410 said:Balancing the game around immersion is kinda meh anyways.

It's not even about immersion in my opinion. How is it more immersing when your group just stands there and waits for the chrono to change his skill. If you could at least switch skills that are on cool down and carry the cool down over to the new skill. That way you could switch and still have the penalty, but you could start the fight.

If you try to roleplay skill cool downs for immersion it becomes hilarious anyway. And who cares how a group of friends plays instanced content? Nobody else sees what you are doing.

This upcoming change and the random toxic trails etc. are not good for the game. Fractals is the only content I do regularly, but yesterday I already skipped them because 99cm with toxic trails and random conditions and pugs was horrible. This stuff adds no fun to the game, it's just annoying.

Some of the opinions in here are ridiculous. Realize that 180s CD elites have a 180s CD for a reason. It's because they are powerful skills that are not meant to be rattled off every 20s in every little mob engagement through an exploit. Using /GG to rattle off powerful elites every 20-30s is an exploit. When you choose to use a build that incorporates ridiculously long CD skills, don't expect the development company to provide exploitable ways to reset your CDs on demand and don't expect your teammates to full /GG just because it benefits YOU. Constantly calling for /GG outside of raid situations is a rude & false sense of entitlement towards being able to exploit skill mechanics. Understand that many people run builds that don't benefit or need to do this at all and find it incredibly annoying to run with players who force demand /GGs left & right because they want to cut 20s off their T4 run completion here and there. That is about as obnoxious as anything could get, it really is. These people are in here defending the idea of "we need to keep /GG so we can keep things faster." Oh yeah? Well why don't they just ask Arenanet to go ahead and toss that special action from the special forces training area into all of our skill bars, you know that one that removes all CDs instantly? Because in other words, that's exactly what they're asking Arenanet to do.

Hey, I understand that there are advantageous moments to use /GG, but too many people take it too far and start forcing party wipes for absolutely no reason, as if the T4s were hard and as if the entire party relied on that 1 elite skill that they have being used as often as possible. I mean... come on now... Just get to the next damn fight and start.

/GG is truly useful in situations aside from skill resetting like players getting stuck in a wall as example, so if there is any nerfing done to /GG it needs to be handled with temperament but something should be done to discourage or flat out prevent this rapid /GG gameplay.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Some of the opinions in here are ridiculous. Realize that 180s CD elites have a 180s CD for a reason. It's because they are powerful skills that are not meant to be rattled off every 20s in every little mob engagement through an exploit. Using /GG to rattle off powerful elites every 20-30s is an exploit. When you choose to use a build that incorporates ridiculously long CD skills, don't expect the development company to provide exploitable ways to reset your CDs on demand and don't expect your teammates to full /GG just because it benefits YOU. Constantly calling for /GG outside of raid situations is a rude & false sense of entitlement towards being able to exploit skill mechanics. Understand that many people run builds that don't benefit or need to do this at all and find it incredibly annoying to run with players who force demand /GGs left & right because they want to cut 20s off their T4 run completion here and there.

So you rather stand there idle for 2 minutes before starting the next fight? /gg to reset cds doesn't work midfight, you know? The cool downs prevent you from spamming the same powerful skill over and over in a fight, /gg has no effect on that. People do it for the next fight, instead of waiting 2 minutes without doing anything. Also, it's not a burden to /gg for your team mate, it's common courtesy. I'll gladly /gg as thief to allow the chrono to change skills because I benefit from it too. How does typing /gg inconvenience anyone? You could even create a short key with it.

In my opinion, they could have skills reset as soon as a fight is over and you are out of combat for maybe 10 seconds. The fight is over, the cool down already did what it was supposed to do: keep you from spamming it on the boss. You shouldn't have to carry the cool down over to the next fight, it does nothing but slow down the gameplay for no reason.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Understand that many people run builds that don't benefit or need to do this at all and find it incredibly annoying to run with players who force demand /GGs left & right because they want to cut 20s off their T4 run completion here and there.

The thing is, it's not 20s. Actually in a competent - even non-static - group you are minutes faster than everyone else. It's a difference if you are 45 minutes to 1 hour in CMs + T4 or 1.5 hours (and longer).That's the problem I mentioned several times now in this forum. The difference between a high KP meta group that starts with CMs is gigantic compared to a random meta T4 group or non-meta group. People completely underestimating the difference because they have never been into very good groups with all the possible tricks and skips. We grabbed a DH with us after our CMs last week and in the end all he was saying was: "I've never seen people running fractals like this. Do people think this is fun?" The answer is: "Yes, for us it is!"

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Bro, I don't ever stand and wait. I just go to the next fight and let CDs happen organically.

I don't feel the need to stand and wait for CDs or rapid /GG vs. every mob of Dredge that I fight. It's pretty unnecessary actually.

Go without me then. You dont want to be polite and let me change skills so i dont have to be polite and help you. Try it alone and i will join you next try after you die because you had no cc. If you dont then you didnt need my help so there is no diference

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Bro, I don't ever stand and wait. I just go to the next fight and let CDs happen organically.

I don't feel the need to stand and wait for CDs or rapid /GG vs. every mob of Dredge that I fight. It's pretty unnecessary actually.

I'm not talking about trash mobs, rather cm bosses. Different bosses are best fought with different skills. If you just move on, your chrono might still have blink/portal slotted that might be useless for the next boss. You cannot even switch skills while they are on cd, so you end up having 2 useless skills in your precious slots. People who do that end up with a generic build and not use it to its full potential. It works of course, but I like adjusting my class to the upcoming encounter.

Archived