How do I deal with Mesmers

MiGFiD.1760

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Arlette.9684 said:

@Jannie.2975 said:I am with you, OP. My strategy against Mesmers is to simply use all my dodges and escapes to gain as much distance as I can as soon as I see one from afar. I just run as far away as I can. To me the Mesmer is so overpowered that the best strategy is to avoid them at all costs. Leave them the points, avoid all fights, just run. Our only hope is that ANet brings the Mesmer down to the level of the other classes. There is nothing else we can do at this point.

If you’re having problem with Mesmers in their current state, I’m sorry to say this but it’s an l2p issue. I recommend you make one and play it for a few months. Study your enemy don’t just come here to complain.Your comment history shows obvious bias against Mesmer cuz you’d rather come here and troll over and over, instead of learning how to play against it.

You couldn't be biased for mesmer could you?

Because as a Ranger main, it's impossible that I show bias to soulbeast :/

You obviously know nothing about me, but hey nice attempt at trolling :wink:

I'm not trolling. Teasing a little, pointing out some irony, sure.I agree with most of your points as playing a class you struggle against is a solid reality check.

I won't get into the details of mesmer and what is or isn't overpowered.This has been hashed and rehashed.I've played mmos for more than 15 years, the same arguments come up, repeatedly.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@"Jannie.2975" said:I am with you, OP. My strategy against Mesmers is to simply use all my dodges and escapes to gain as much distance as I can as soon as I see one from afar. I just run as far away as I can. To me the Mesmer is so overpowered that the best strategy is to avoid them at all costs. Leave them the points, avoid all fights, just run. Our only hope is that ANet brings the Mesmer down to the level of the other classes. There is nothing else we can do at this point.

If you’re having problem with Mesmers in their current state, I’m sorry to say this but it’s an l2p issue. I recommend you make one and play it for a few months. Study your enemy don’t just come here to complain.Your comment history shows obvious bias against Mesmer cuz you’d rather come here and troll over and over, instead of learning how to play against it.

I'm not trolling. Teasing a little, pointing out some irony, sure.I agree with most of your points as playing a class you struggle against is a solid reality check.

I won't get into the details of mesmer and what is or isn't overpowered.This has been hashed and rehashed.I've played mmos for more than 15 years, the same arguments come up, repeatedly.

I play 3 different classes at a time depending on expansion and which E-spec peaks my interest. Thus I always have a rather objective opinion of the meta regardless of the classes comprising it. If you go back on my comment history you'll notice I called the nerfs to torch and BD before they happened. Because of that I feel rather insulted by the fact you would stipulate I'm biased to one class or another.

I main a Mesmer cuz it was my very first character I made and because of the flexibility in rotation, and the possibility of "on the go" amazing feats you can pull off with a little bit of creativity and improvisation. With that being said, due to the hand injury that ended my Season 12 hopes of top 50 prematurely, I found myself looking for a more grounded profession and I was able to shoot right back into competitive play with my Holosmith. And boy, do I enjoy it!?We're all victims of circumstance, Mesmer got nerfed yes, but to all the Mesmer's out there wondering whether to bandwagon: Don't do it! There are working Meta builds that require minimal play style adjustment to be top tier. For me Holo is the "go to" for the next month or two for sure, seeing how I have access to only 8 fingers for now.I understand teasing, but I have pride for the both of us.

Please consider this before you joke with things that matter, to some of us :wink:Peace and no hard feelings.

@Arlette.9684 said:

@"Jannie.2975" said:I am with you, OP. My strategy against Mesmers is to simply use all my dodges and escapes to gain as much distance as I can as soon as I see one from afar. I just run as far away as I can. To me the Mesmer is so overpowered that the best strategy is to avoid them at all costs. Leave them the points, avoid all fights, just run. Our only hope is that ANet brings the Mesmer down to the level of the other classes. There is nothing else we can do at this point.

I play 3 different classes at a time depending on expansion and which E-spec peaks my interest. Thus I always have a rather objective opinion of the meta regardless of the classes comprising it. If you go back on my comment history you'll notice I called the nerfs to torch and BD before they happened. Because of that I feel rather insulted by the fact you would stipulate I'm biased to one class or another.

I main a Mesmer cuz it was my very first character I made and because of the flexibility in rotation, and the possibility of "on the go" amazing feats you can pull off with a little bit of creativity and improvisation. With that being said, due to the hand injury that ended my Season 12 hopes of top 50 prematurely, I found myself looking for a more grounded profession and I was able to shoot right back into competitive play with my Holosmith. And boy, do I enjoy it!?We're all victims of circumstance, Mesmer got nerfed yes, but to all the Mesmer's out there wondering whether to bandwagon: Don't do it! There are working Meta builds that require minimal play style adjustment to be top tier. For me Holo is the "go to" for the next month or two for sure, seeing how I have access to only 8 fingers for now.I understand teasing, but I have pride for the both of us.

Please consider this before you joke with things that matter, to some of us :wink:Peace and no hard feelings.

Civil response. Arguments. We need more people like this on the forums! :)I hope your hand gets better soon sir.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Try TAB target, I'm surprised by how many people don't do this.

If you give us your class and build via http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ the cummunity might be able to give you a more in depth guide to your class and how to vs a Mesmer or you could always play Mesmer and take note of the times you die yourself.

tab is one of the worst thing to use right now its target acquire is absolutely horrible, i love when it selects a war at mid while im fighting with a mesmer offpoint with 6 clones in my ass

@Menyus.4610 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Try TAB target, I'm surprised by how many people don't do this.

If you give us your class and build via
the cummunity might be able to give you a more in depth guide to your class and how to vs a Mesmer or you could always play Mesmer and take note of the times you die yourself.

tab is one of the worst thing to use right now its target acquire is absolutely horrible, i love when it selects a war at mid while im fighting with a mesmer offpoint with 6 clones in my kitten

Why are you off point fighting a Mesmer? :trollface:

jokes aside, yea it can feel like it's buggy from time to time but I feel like it cycles through all targets on screen but prioritizes players over AI so with that in mind, for your situation there I would have TAB target for Mesmer then when he broke target I TAB target the War and essentially break the cycle there by physically clicking somewhere random on my screen to restart my TAB cycles. As I said, I do all that because I feel like that's how it works, I could be completely wrong though on the mechanics.

I'm sure there are lots of players who prefer to click targets or use other methods of choice such as free casting and it may work better for them too, who knows.

Couple of hints:

Try to understand their rotation and skills (duh goes for everything, but it does not hurt to mention).

Aoe melee damage against them is king. You need to kill clones really fast.

Pace you Condi removal.

Honestly, mirage has the upper hand again tall classes with weak condi removal. So do not try to solo as rev. Necros, gurdians and holo have the best options to deal with mirage.

stay far... LB5 on a bunch of clones and while clones are getting blown up by LB5, the real one would stand there blinking... use LB2 burst or precede a LB4 if necessary... but if you're far, LB4 can't hit most of the times... but LB2 does the job better...

Ranger close with mesmer might be a bad idea... butif u run into trouble, merge with smokescale, use smoke assault, followed by knockdown and WI(at this point, most of the clones would be blown to bits)... then you can either run away or LB3(as soon as WI hits) and replenish CDs

but make sure you don't CQC mesmer with a full zerk build... it always ends in failure... :/

@necromaniac.7629 said:

@Schwahrheit.4203 said:Realistically? You can't. This class has been disgustingly low-key low skill class every since the beginning of the game.

They can spam evades while they bait your evades, they can portal if god forbid they screw up on an already easy class, and god forbid that the Mesmer has insane reaction time. Literally one of the most cancerous classes since launch. They do have builds that are reasonable and take skill, but mesmer "meta" builds generally are just evade spamming and landing insta-cast shatters when the guy has no evades left. Zero skill class, don't let anybody fool you that mesmer takes skill, it really doesn't.

P.S People saying there are "tells" on Mesmer attacks are absolute garbage on classes that take real effort. They would get destroyed if this was 2015 before HoT. That's how low skill these "mesmers" defending their class actually are.

Looks like someone here hasn't learned to bait dodges or cleave clones.It looks like you don't 100% know what you're doing, so...…………. you can't beat them :#

And it looks like you're another poorly skilled defeatist.

I was talking @Schwahrheit.4203 :'(

My sincere apologies then.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

@Schwahrheit.4203 said:Realistically? You can't. This class has been disgustingly low-key low skill class every since the beginning of the game.

They can spam evades while they bait your evades, they can portal if god forbid they screw up on an already easy class, and god forbid that the Mesmer has insane reaction time. Literally one of the most cancerous classes since launch. They do have builds that are reasonable and take skill, but mesmer "meta" builds generally are just evade spamming and landing insta-cast shatters when the guy has no evades left. Zero skill class, don't let anybody fool you that mesmer takes skill, it really doesn't.

P.S People saying there are "tells" on Mesmer attacks are absolute garbage on classes that take real effort. They would get destroyed if this was 2015 before HoT. That's how low skill these "mesmers" defending their class actually are.

Looks like someone here hasn't learned to bait dodges or cleave clones.It looks like you don't 100% know what you're doing, so...…………. you can't beat them :#

And it looks like you're another poorly skilled defeatist.

I was talking @Schwahrheit.4203 :'(

My sincere apologies then.

=) :3

Archived