Are you excited for LW 4 Ep 2 Today!!!?

I never ever was so frustrated playing Living Story Content. I just wanna get fast to new map to explore, but the frustrating contenct is a pain. Try and error. Lot of CC (CC is the fun killer in EVERY MMO).

I play the game since Beta but this is insane. You wont gain new players if you do content, chaotic and hard like this.

Unlimited enemies is such an NO GO. LS isnt raid hard mode.

Is there no beta testing? Too much ppl doing gem store work?! The boss fight is nuts. What are the LS team doing all the time?

Better play PS4 till the LS team knows how to do their content.

So far (I haven't completed the story) this is the least fun, most tedious, most infuriating set of meaningless missions that Anet has made. Are we to assume that this whole thing is simply a time consuming fun house carnival ride rather than a living, working model of some society (like the awakened)? Have the asura (and inquest) been relegated to producing larger and more bizarre structures with each iteration of their appearance? It seems so. I'm not impressed. What do you get with story completion....an 'atta-boy'? Nothing useful, I imagine.

Was a bit frustrating actually getting to the new map, but that's in part due to a random disconnect. Only had one, thankfully and there was a checkpoint so I didn't fall too far behind.

As far as the story of this patch, played through it and found myself saying, "meh" and "that's it?"

The final boss encounter was interesting but kind of random, as was most of the other inquest stuff throughout this patch. The big "reveal" was pretty much what we already knew was happening with no plot hangers or suspense for the next episode which isn't a necessity but might have helped my interpretation of this episode.

The map is pretty but it takes quite a while to get to certain events on time. Haven't really found any hidden areas yet but am interested in exploring more.

The mastery is an absolute disappointment though. I'm not sure why it was even added or what its use is intended to be? It doesn't seem very important in the map it's introduced in at least but may be more important down the road.

The new village of individuals introduced seemed extremely random, but the children are cute.

Disappointed that there are no new guild hall decorations, especially with all the seemingly new inquest assets introduced and all the pretty trees in this map. (Don't know why I was expecting anything in this regard as it seems a few new decorations every now and then must take away from gemstore item development time despite having many assets already in-game that people have been asking for.)

Anyway, it feels kind of filler. Pretty map, but the maps are always pretty. Some of the mechanics in this patch must have been a nightmare and probably caused some programming issues that most likely had something to do with the patch delay. (As in boss mechanics, puzzles, and movement mechanics used throughout the story and map.)

Look forward to trying some of the achievements and exploring the map and its events some more though!

I am always happy for new content. Overall it was fine but I think there is starting to be too much emphasis on random mechanics than actually fighting a boss and avoiding it's abilities. Just a pattern I've noticed over the last few episodes where I am running off doing something other than attacking the boss for most of the fight. I do like the Jurassic park sort of theme in some areas, but as far as I can tell Istan will still be the go-to meta. I am looking forward to Ep3, hopefully it comes sooner. :)

Archived