Plans to make Renegade useable?

JayAction.9056

Nearing a year after POF release - multiple nerfs to POF specs - 333% damage buffs to shortbow

Renegade still -250 to -450 rank decrease under the under performing herald.

Shipped so far beyond worthless still not even competitive with core specs.

It doesn't even have to be "good". Like at least make it a side grade to herald.

Garbage tier spec, ffs

@JayAction.9056 said:Nearing a year after POF release - multiple nerfs to POF specs - 333% damage buffs to shortbow

22 september 2017 - Release Date

22 march 2018 - Today

:confused:

Btw renegade is meant for pve i suppose, not for SPvP ( I am not saying that Rev is somehow useful in SPvP, but among its builds they should work toward herald instead ).

@JayAction.9056 said:

Smh just go with it...

You're proposing that Arenanet change a class that they designed, the least you could do is make sure your assertions are correct. They know when they released the PoF specs.

~~Not that it hasn't been too long for revenant as a whole to be frustrating to use competitively. ~~Scratch that I think I like pain

How dare you?

Renegades have purpose and uses in pvp, such as:

• Punching bag
  • Target practice
  • Being a dead weight for the team to carry (and thus grow stronger as a player....see Vegeta)
  • Throwing matches legally
  • beating all records for most useless spec in conquest
  • Providing a good laugh for the other team
  • Making bad revs quit rev, and ensuring Anet has a belief no one has interest in rev, subsequently ensuring they do not allocate resources to improve the spec
  • A way to test your patience. Why play naked and with half your utilities, when you can prove skill by playing renegade?
  • the list goes on for possible uses...

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:Nearing a year after POF release - multiple nerfs to POF specs - 333% damage buffs to shortbow

22 march 2018 - Today

Btw renegade is meant for pve i suppose, not for SPvP ( I am not saying that Rev is somehow useful in SPvP, but among its builds they should work toward herald instead ).

I can't say I really like that sorta outlook on specs. I think all specs should be somewhat viable in all game modes. The problem with Renegade is how slow and awkward it is to use in pvp, even slower than Reaper and that's saying something. All that needs to be done is to speed up the shortbow skills and warband summons, maybe slap on some stability for the summons so they don't lose 40% of their effectiveness when somebody farts some CC on them. In it's current incarnation Renegade is just sluggish and unresponsive to use a lot of the time, I like the spec a lot but there's just a lot that makes using it harder to use than it needs to be.

@VixusIrine.9013 said:

22 march 2018 - Today

I can't say I really like that sorta outlook on specs. I think all specs should be
somewhat
viable in all game modes. The problem with Renegade is how slow and awkward it is to use in pvp, even slower than Reaper and that's saying something. All that needs to be done is to speed up the shortbow skills and warband summons, maybe slap on some stability for the summons so they don't lose 40% of their effectiveness when somebody farts some CC on them. In it's current incarnation Renegade is just sluggish and unresponsive to use a lot of the time, I like the spec a lot but there's just a lot that makes using it harder to use than it needs to be.

It's imho impossible.I know that everybody would like to play whatever they want in every game mode, but there will always be a meta setup for everything.

I would like instead to have they focus on a single build for class, in order to balance everything in the best way.To make an example, they won't have to balance all possible revenant builds with other classes builds,

but something like

• Herald S/Shield + Staff, with specific legends and traits/runes/sigils/neck

balanced with ( one random example )

• Thief ( which will be d/p with flat traits/skills/runes/sigils/neck ).

Then you will have 9 fully balanced classes, and when you find a specific class you will always know their skills/weapons/attacks patterns.It would be imho, other than completely balanced, way better and fun.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:How dare you?

Renegades have purpose and uses in pvp, such as:

• Punching bag
  • Target practice
  • Being a dead weight for the team to carry (and thus grow stronger as a player....see Vegeta)
  • Throwing matches legally
  • beating all records for most useless spec in conquest
  • Providing a good laugh for the other team
  • Making bad revs quit rev, and ensuring Anet has a belief no one has interest in rev, subsequently ensuring they do not allocate resources to improve the spec
  • A way to test your patience. Why play naked and with half your utilities, when you can prove skill by playing renegade?
  • the list goes on for possible uses...

I know this was a joke but i do this all the time. Really pisses people off, including me. But whatever. I think that is what pvp is right now. Its just whatever. No one cares.

It's imho impossible.I know that everybody would like to play whatever they want in every game mode, but there will always be a meta setup for everything.

I would like instead to have they focus on a single build for class, in order to balance everything in the best way.To make an example, they won't have to balance all possible revenant builds with other classes builds,

but something like

• Herald S/Shield + Staff, with specific legends and traits/runes/sigils/neck

balanced with ( one random example )

• Thief ( which will be d/p with flat traits/skills/runes/sigils/neck ).

Then you will have 9 fully balanced classes, and when you find a specific class you will always know their skills/weapons/attacks patterns.It would be imho, other than completely balanced, way better and fun.

I'm aware there will always be meta builds and that's fine, people will always want to use the best builds but I don't exactly agree that they should just focus on one specific build for each class every game mode. If there's already a good build for a particular class there's no reason for anet to promote other builds or look at different things to promote more playstyles, sure it makes balancing messy but that's something you gotta expect with these kinds of games. It's not like there's a lot of new content in pvp to go around so having some kind of build diversity to keep people sticking around, if pvp were solely balanced around one specific build for each class it'd be balanced, sure but it'll get horribly stale after a while.

The big issue is anet keeps missing the mark on what causes Renegade problems. It's not something that dartboard buffs to the spirits will help, it's that the traitline itself sucks.

Elite specs are supposed to have a decent balance of utility, but Renegade has just damage. No sustain, pitiful defenses, no versatility. Anet seems to want the spec to exist because they keep buffing it in some way for pvp every patch, but until they accept the fact that the traits need a total rework they are wasting their time.

1) Reroll to Guard.2) Chose between core (Symbolic, Retaliation Monk), Dragonhunter (Meditrapper, Radiace Valk), Firebrand (Bunker/Support, DPS Firebrand) and their wide array of viable skills, weapons and amulets to fit a role and gameplay you enjoy.3) Profit.

making the spirits unkillable would be a start, can't believe we've had several balance patches since PoF and this still hasn't happened.i'd like a flat damage increase across the board to pretty much EVERYTHING renegade has.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:Renegade has just damage. No sustain, pitiful defenses, no versatility.

and the hilarious thing is that they seem to want it to be more of a condi spec (looking at the traits and weapon)but the condi damage sucks, to actually deal "ok" damage you need to go full power and be using hammer/sword with the 2 aoe spirits.renegade is a mess.

@Buran.3796 said:1) Reroll to Guard.2) Chose between core (Symbolic, Retaliation Monk), Dragonhunter (Meditrapper, Radiace Valk), Firebrand (Bunker/Support, DPS Firebrand) and their wide array of viable skills, weapons and amulets to fit a role and gameplay you enjoy.3) Profit.

So true. If only Anet could reflect on WHY guardian is usually always strong in PvP, with any spec. Blocks, Invulns, Condi Clear, Mobility, Damage, Group Support. (I play reaper more than anything else... and we have some condi clear and some damage and that's it...)

• 2 weeks later...

Simple fix to renegade;

Give it highest damage by about 30% since it completely lacks any sustain tools or a fully functional weapon. So buff all skills by about another 200-400% damage on short bow

No stealth, no extra evades, no blocks, no hard cc, no mobility, worst damage in both pve and pvp environment, worst heal, no sustain boons.

It doesn’t even function in a PVE environment with the weapon given to it.

@mortrialus.3062 said:People complain about visual bloat of scourges and mesmers already. Can you imagine how bad PvP would be if Khala and the warband summons were meta?

They melt in seconds, like a candle below an avalanche. Renegade is by far the worst spec/core class to bring to PvP in the game. Which is fine: they were designed to be a damage buff vs the PvE golem, no more, no less.

• 5 months later...

Archived