WvW Work In Progress

I really hope the repeating reward tracks is an option that can be toggled rather than a forced change across the board.

It'll be great for everyone who's farming repeatable reward tracks and want to keep farming the same one (which is probably most people), but I'm still in the ongoing process of working through a variety of them, and being able to leave a repeatable reward track in its filled-out state helps me identify which ones I'm done with at a glance. I'd much rather waste a few track points in a random uncompleted/manually restarted track than in a repetition of a track I have no further interest in.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the pips afk farming I think the tickets should be given according to the amount of objectives captured and players killed during a certain period of time.

I also hope that Anet will do something to change the purpse of Veteran creatures, remove them of make them a harder group content which gives a small buff to the server in that map instead of being just a boring meaningless PvE daily filler which does not fit into the game mode.

@trixantea.1230 said:For the pips afk farming I think the tickets should be given according to the amount of objectives captured and players killed during a certain period of time.This only promotes blobbing down smaller numbers and k-training. I'd be supportive of kills for pips if partial pips were implemented: If 20 players run down a solo player, they get 1/20 of a pip each.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Grim West.3194 said:You forgot one:
  • Make KDR more important.

For what purpose? Those who like to 'fight' will blob more, and those that like to PPT will hide more.

And since when did winning matter?

Making KDR more important would go along with making winning matter.

The point of PvP is to win. When you design away from that point you get what we have now, and it sucks.

The whole PPT thing is garbage anyways imo. It's not PvP or WvW if you are only attacking doors. It's only boring.

@Grim West.3194 said:

For what purpose? Those who like to 'fight' will blob more, and those that like to PPT will hide more.

The point of PvP is to win. When you design away from that point you get what we have now, and it sucks.

The whole PPT thing is garbage anyways imo. It's not PvP or WvW if you are only attacking doors. It's only boring.

But then there is nothing to fight over. Why cap and hold an objective. By that logic get rid of doors and walls. Oh.. that's right. That's PvP.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

But then there is nothing to fight over. Why cap and hold an objective. By that logic get rid of doors and walls. Oh.. that's right. That's PvP.

So you like PvD? That seems to be what you are arguing for. If so, wouldn't raiding be more to your liking?

Movement Speed should be made baseline increased by 25% or just give everyone 33% and remove swiftness as there currently overused anyway... like who doesn't have swiftness or the 25% speed anyway... its gameplay requirement only for moving and playing correctly (half the time you cannot even perform right at the base speed).........A lot of redundant stuff in the game such as the reason resistance existing instead of protection just reducing dmg or duration by 33% for condition damage..

@Grim West.3194 said:

So you like PvD? That seems to be what you are arguing for. If so, wouldn't raiding be more to your liking?

No. I like small group engages. Truly.. what part of what I said suggests I like PvD, or was that just an attempt to invalidate an argument?

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Grim West.3194 said:Making KDR more important would go along with making winning matter.No. Making KDR more important will only make people more selective about fights than they already are. Many players avoid unfavorable or even equal fights right now with KDR being meaningless.

This^.

Absolutely this.

@LinhZeri.6412 said:Movement Speed should be made baseline increased by 25% or just give everyone 33% and remove swiftness as there currently overused anyway... like who doesn't have swiftness or the 25% speed anyway... its gameplay requirement only for moving and playing correctly (half the time you cannot even perform right at the base speed).........A lot of redundant stuff in the game such as the reason resistance existing instead of protection just reducing dmg or duration by 33% for condition damage..

People who don't build for it don't have it. They have to sacrifice something for the speed. That's why it shouldn't be baseline.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@"Grim West.3194" said:Making KDR more important would go along with making winning matter.No. Making KDR more important will only make people more selective about fights than they already are. Many players avoid unfavorable or even equal fights right now with KDR being meaningless.

Lol. Which would be much better than what we have now. The "winning server" hugs doors all day and all night. Sooo much fun. That isn't victory, it's pathetic. We have servers running from T1 to get to actual fights. Yeah hugging doors is such a winning design.

Obviously KDR shouldn't be the only component in winning. So should kill counts, number of fights, etc. They all should matter. Everything that is about actually fighting each other should matter. And should be encouraged. That means making KDR, etc matter more than it does now.

What we have now sucks. In fact it is so horrible that ANET is blowing it up.

Encouraging people to hug doors is boring, and it shouldn't be rewarded.

@Grim West.3194 said:

@Grim West.3194 said:Making KDR more important would go along with making winning matter.No. Making KDR more important will only make people more selective about fights than they already are. Many players avoid unfavorable or even equal fights right now with KDR being meaningless.

Lol. Which would be much better than what we have now. The "winning server" hugs doors all day and all night. Sooo much fun. That isn't victory, it's pathetic. We have servers running from T1 to get to actual fights. Yeah hugging doors is such a winning design.

Obviously KDR shouldn't be the only component in winning. So should kill counts, number of fights, etc. They all should matter. Everything that is about actually fighting each other should matter. And should be encouraged. That means making KDR, etc matter more than it does now.

With your concern for winning you must be on BG or SoS. It's ok. When they redistribute servers, you should be placed with like minded people. Have no fear.

Of course, with alliances, and 1 up 1 down, and with 'winning mattering' again, I am sure that people won't stack.

@"Grim West.3194" said:Lol. Which would be much better than what we have now. The "winning server" hugs doors all day and all night. Sooo much fun. That isn't victory, it's pathetic. We have servers running from T1 to get to actual fights. Yeah hugging doors is such a winning design.

Obviously KDR shouldn't be the only component in winning. So should kill counts, number of fights, etc. They all should matter. Everything that is about actually fighting each other should matter. And should be encouraged. That means making KDR, etc matter more than it does now.How will making KDR matter encourage the "winning server" to not hug doors and come out and fight? As I said before, people avoid fights now when the cost of death is only 2 points. If you increase the cost of death by making KDR matter, people will go to further extremes to avoid uncertain fights.

Just to be clear, I support any initiative that encourages fighting. However, I think anything that penalizes death, such as your suggestion of making KDR matter, will only serve to discourage fighting.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

With your concern for winning you must be on BG or SoS. It's ok. When they redistribute servers, you should be placed with like minded people. Have no fear.

Of course, with alliances, and 1 up 1 down, and with 'winning mattering' again, I am sure that people won't stack.

With your love of PvD I assumed you were on BG. See how that works? I'm on JQ. Have been since launch. Did some hopping around for a couple of weeks when transfers were free to try and get away from queues but that was a boondoggle and immediately went back to JQ.

But it doesn't really matter, don't play much WvW anymore. Don't like the design. PvD and zergs are ultimately boring. Which is why most RvR players left GW2 years ago.

In NA we've had servers moving up to T1 regularly with 2 deaths for every kill, lined up for this week too. Higher tier matches 'should' be harder opponents & going into a tougher match after being ran over the previous week doesn't give a server a chance to get organized & the confidence to come out & PvP. It just leads to avoiding players to fight NPCs when nobody is watching, it's a slippery slope to straight PvE from there ?

@Shining One.1635 said:

@"Grim West.3194" said:Lol. Which would be much better than what we have now. The "winning server" hugs doors all day and all night. Sooo much fun. That isn't victory, it's pathetic. We have servers running from T1 to get to actual fights. Yeah hugging doors is such a winning design.

Obviously KDR shouldn't be the only component in winning. So should kill counts, number of fights, etc. They all should matter. Everything that is about actually fighting each other should matter. And should be encouraged. That means making KDR, etc matter more than it does now.How will making KDR matter encourage the "winning server" to not hug doors and come out and fight? As I said before, people avoid fights now when the cost of death is only 2 points. If you increase the cost of death by making KDR matter, people will go to further extremes to avoid uncertain fights.

Just to be clear, I support any initiative that encourages fighting. However, I think anything that penalizes death, such as your suggestion of making KDR matter, will only serve to discourage fighting.

The point is to give people points for having a high KDR and for having a high kill count and for having a high activity level (while fighting). Everything that is involved in fighting should be rewarded and encouraged. Engaging the enemy even if you lose should be rewarded. There isn't any need to penalize people.

Right now people are penalized for fighting and having a high KDR if they don't go pound on doors ad nauseum.

@Grim West.3194 said:

With your love of PvD I assumed you were on BG. See how that works? I'm on JQ. Have been since launch. Did some hopping around for a couple of weeks when transfers were free to try and get away from queues but that was a boondoggle and immediately went back to JQ.

But it doesn't really matter, don't play much WvW anymore. Don't like the design. PvD and zergs are ultimately boring. Which is why most RvR players left GW2 years ago.

Yeah.., cause JQ is more fights oriented than BG.....,

Again, (which I note you have offered nothing) where do I state my love for PvD?

You mentioned winning being important. Most of us that enjoy fights both on large scale and small scale don't care about winning. You seem to feel that your kills are being effectively ignored in the 'winning' combination this your post about KDR needing to be more important.

It seems as if the logic being used here is running in circles...

Ben,

In the history of Sports...Team Spirit is at the heart of what drives many players & fans to fanatically support them...this is what's missing from our current Match Making process for WvW.

Players need & want an emotional reason to fight for...

Without this reason...WvW will be like "meh"...it's another shoot-em up game mode with no deeper meaning to drive players to engage it.

WvW could be the next eSport SuperBowl with the right design & vision driving it forward.

Before investing heavily into coding this "Upgrade" to WvW...

Consider this concept - Eternal Team Spirit & Ephemeral Guilds

Team Spirit needs to be at the heart of WvW...while Guilds are the souls tasked with making this eternal heart to beat.

Remove the Fixed 3 Tier structure in WvW...instead of re-designing Match-Ups to systematically destroy Server communities that in the past allowed players to enjoy a more stable & broader sense of Team Spirit in the "Long Term". WvW desperately needs a re-design of its Heart & Soul in order to make it properly thrive.

Haven't you noticed that the current 3 Tier Match-Making design often encourages an 800-pound gorilla in the room scenario that consistently follows a boring pattern despite efforts to manipulate things through complex coding?

Why not Change the WvW Match Making design so that it naturally leads All Servers into a King of the Hill type Match-Ups?

Why not Reward & Encourage players to attack a higher ranked server in relation to their Home Server...while exponentially Reducing their Rewards for attacking any lower ranked ones?

Why not Implement a Match-Up process that naturally balances itself out using a simple design?

Why not Create a Competitive game mode that encourages a long term solution that actively engages players to be emotionally invested in their Server's Team?

Why not Change the Flawed 3 Tier Match-Making into a simple King of the Hill design for NA & EU regions.

How difficult is it to Re-purpose our existing "Server-Guesting" mechanic & let players pick for themselves which Server that they want to fight against using "Weekly Limits" on How Many & Which Servers (both NA and EU) to fight against?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guesting-is-coming

Server Guesting is already deployed....why not tailor it for WvW to use?

Yours truly,Diku

p.s.Any Vote for Helpful or Thumbs Up would be appreciated to help tell ANet they should re-consider their Work In Progress before it's too late.

Highlander - MacLeod receives The Prize

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Hey folks!

I've been meaning to get this up for a while. Most of this won't come as news to anyone, if you've been following our posts. But I wanted to get a thread that summarized it all.

The following list contains a selection of changes that currently are on the WvW Team backlog. This list is not all-inclusive; it only includes features that have been started. Keep in mind that plans change, priorities shift, and projects always take longer than we’d like. Some of these improvements are many months from completion, and some may be removed if our priorities shift. If that is the case, we’ll update this post in the future.

World Restructuring

Siege re-evaluation

• Review balance and usability of current siege

Obsidian Weapon Set

• Group 1 (Released 12/12)
  • Group 2 (Released 3/27)

Quality of Life

• Repeatable Reward Track Auto-Restart (If the reward track you have selected is repeatable, it will remain set upon completion)
  • WvW Enrichments

does this mean we will be getting new maps.. or just the way the players are allowed onto the current maps that are available?

Archived