Legendary Armor

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:I finished my first raid set legendary armor few month ago by playing this boring pve content. Dont get me wrong, maybe for U it isnt boring as hell but for a pvp/wvw player it is waste time, but we would like to have the shiny skins too. Just realese the legendary raid skin for the pvp/wvw legendary armor. We do not want to play the pve content to be good dressed...

Would be happy if I get Wvw skin without playing too.. I can trade with you. (But I don't like PvP skin .. just the Wvw will do)

Yes, WvW and PvP are such a chore. Anet should make all their rewards available to PvE (preferably raid players only). Why can a raid player not be a merciless legend or get some llama minis?

you trying to compare the sPvP leaderboard titles with a armor skin? Nobody is asking for PvE titles, we just want that WvW/sPvP legendary armor actually looks like a legendary armor...it requires just as much as effort, if not more(really want to compare fighting a scripted AI to fight real players?) and yet, is just a normal skin...either they should give the same looks or make a new skin...the way it is now just crearly shows how Anet dosent really care about these 2 game modes.

Want to compare fighting raid bosses to fighting veteran guards in WvW? You dont have to ever fight another player to get WvW rewards, and if you do fight another player it can be 30 to one in your favor, and you dont even have to win.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nilson.9865 said:

@"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:We do not want to play the pve content to be good dressed...We? Who? Then you will not be good dressed.For the last 5 years i reached 12 rank in WvW. And i'm not tormenting myself in WvW for a pretty chest armor piece. If you want something that you don't have, then you will have to do something that you did not do before.And you know what sucks? Gift of battle sucks, ask anybody. Everybody has to join this running simulator, spend there ~6h just to get that gift for a legendary weapon. Now it's your turn to join our realm to claim legendary.

While I will say I wouldn't mind getting a chance at the raid armor, I don't mind that its locked behind raids and can accept that if I ever want it I'll do the legwork for it. That's all well and good no worries in my book. But then there's this comment lol. You can literally come into WvW once a day, do your dailies like flipping a sentry or taking a camp and pretend your in PvE, and leave 10-15m later and be done with the GoB by the time you collect all your other materials probably or soon after, and thats putting in the bare minimum. You don't have to contribute anything to your server, and honestly odds are by the way you talk about it you probably didn't and may have even been a rallybot for an enemy assailant during a fight. You can come to the world of WvW, not contribute a thing, and be done in very little time. To say "now its your turn to join our realm to claim legendary" I mean....have you made a legendary? You know that unless your just rich enough to outright buy one a lot of what you do is PvE right? And heck then there's the new ones, there's no way to buy your way out of the PvE there you have to do it. I'd trade you 5 GoB for a GoE any day if I could but I can't however I am pretty sure I'm included in the phrase "ask anybody" and no, Gift of Battle is not what sucks for me.

Also I'll stop there as I don't want to detract or derail the thread, just had to comment on that I couldn't help it.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:I finished my first raid set legendary armor few month ago by playing this boring pve content. Dont get me wrong, maybe for U it isnt boring as hell but for a pvp/wvw player it is waste time, but we would like to have the shiny skins too. Just realese the legendary raid skin for the pvp/wvw legendary armor. We do not want to play the pve content to be good dressed...

Would be happy if I get Wvw skin without playing too.. I can trade with you. (But I don't like PvP skin .. just the Wvw will do)

Yes, WvW and PvP are such a chore. Anet should make all their rewards available to PvE (preferably raid players only). Why can a raid player not be a merciless legend or get some llama minis?

you trying to compare the sPvP leaderboard titles with a armor skin? Nobody is asking for PvE titles, we just want that WvW/sPvP legendary armor actually looks like a legendary armor...it requires just as much as effort, if not more(really want to compare fighting a scripted AI to fight real players?) and yet, is just a normal skin...either they should give the same looks or make a new skin...the way it is now just crearly shows how Anet dosent really care about these 2 game modes.

Want to compare fighting raid bosses to fighting veteran guards in WvW? You dont have to ever fight another player to get WvW rewards, and if you do fight another player it can be 30 to one in your favor, and you dont even have to win.

offcourse i not comparing WvW guards with Raid bosses lol when did I say that? Also lets not forget that you can be completely carried on any PvE content on this game, you can even buy raids from people...also, its not like is "hey you killed a guard! Here is your legendary gear!" if you aint high WvW Rank you will have to grind the game to get Diamond Chest at the end of the week...if you manage to do that, you will have to repeat this for 6 months to even think about start getting your WvW legendary armor.Again, GW2 is game about skins mostly...when the highest tier gear dosent even have a unique skin, really shows that something is really wrong...nobody is asking for Anet to remove rewards from pve or raids or whatever, we just want to be treated fairly.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:I finished my first raid set legendary armor few month ago by playing this boring pve content. Dont get me wrong, maybe for U it isnt boring as hell but for a pvp/wvw player it is waste time, but we would like to have the shiny skins too. Just realese the legendary raid skin for the pvp/wvw legendary armor. We do not want to play the pve content to be good dressed...

offcourse i not comparing WvW guards with Raid bosses lol when did I say that? Also lets not forget that you can be completely carried on any PvE content on this game, you can even buy raids from people...also, its not like is "hey you killed a guard! Here is your legendary gear!" if you aint high WvW Rank you will have to grind the game to get Diamond Chest at the end of the week...if you manage to do that, you will have to repeat this for 6 months to even think about start getting your WvW legendary armor.Again, GW2 is game about skins mostly...when the highest tier gear dosent even have a unique skin, really shows that something is really wrong...nobody is asking for Anet to remove rewards from pve or raids or whatever, we just want to be treated fairly.

My point was that if you are going to compare fighting another player with fighting a scripted raid boss you might want to keep in mind that you can progress toward your wvw rewards by killing veteran guards, standing in colored circles, and visiting an npc in your guild hall to purchase a token. All of which are easier than actually fighting a raid boss.

Even fighting another player can be easy. Ive put down more than a few players who were easier kills than a camp's supervisor.

@Ashen.2907 said:

My point was that if you are going to compare fighting another player with fighting a scripted raid boss you might want to keep in mind that you can progress toward your wvw rewards by killing veteran guards, standing in colored circles, and visiting an npc in your guild hall to purchase a token. All of which are easier than actually fighting a raid boss.

Even fighting another player can be easy. Ive put down more than a few players who were easier kills than a camp's supervisor.

CMON... the last Part is soooo meh

@Ashen.2907 said:

lol if all you do on WvW is killing guards you will only make legendary armor when GW3 is out...and again, if gonna make this kinds of comparisons, you can get carried in any PvE content in this game, guess Queens Gauntlet was the only one that was all you...the "compare fighting another player with fighting a scripted raid boss" was to someone here who tried to compare the leaderboard sPvP titles with raids rewards...i dont get it why is so hard for some people try to see the other side lol why it cant be like "Yeah, you guys put a lot of effort on WvW/sPvP, dont see why Anet didnt make legendary exclusive skins for this game modes too"....if the whole excuse is "took a lot of time and resources to do it(I call it bullshit)" then why not give the same skin for all game modes, they are all legendary tier right?

@Felipe.1807 said:

lol if all you do on WvW is killing guards you will only make legendary armor when GW3 is out...and again, if gonna make this kinds of comparisons, you can get carried in any PvE content in this game, guess Queens Gauntlet was the only one that was all you...the "compare fighting another player with fighting a scripted raid boss" was to someone here who tried to compare the leaderboard sPvP titles with raids rewards...i dont get it why is so hard for some people try to see the other side lol why it cant be like "Yeah, you guys put a lot of effort on WvW/sPvP, dont see why Anet didnt make legendary exclusive skins for this game modes too"....if the whole excuse is "took a lot of time and resources to do it(I call it kitten)" then why not give the same skin for all game modes, they are all legendary tier right?

Well imo, each game mode should eventually have exclusive legendary items this include legendary armors, trinkets and weapons. And anet should make separate skill base achievements/collections for associated game mode and way to acknowledge the advancement of player’s skills in such game mode. So at the end of the collection, that player will feel well deserve for such item, and that he actually feel accomplished (well accomplishment that do not get question by the others). Such achievement should be in par of the other game mode in terms of skills and knowledge advancement in such game modes.

Currently there is nothing much for players in wvw/pvp, particularly in pvp which I believe is a bit behind with updates. But then again, the pvp community can address their need better. I think the pvp game mode itself need improvement and gameplay needs update rather than hving dev to work on the leg armor. In wvw, I believe it is not completely left out. I am quite anxious to see what is coming up in the new world in wvw. I think that is more a bigger issue to look at for dev at this stage and legendary armor issue should be of least concern. I have a feeling there will be good update with good achievements and journey which may link to new legendary collections.

@Talindra.4958 said:

lol if all you do on WvW is killing guards you will only make legendary armor when GW3 is out...and again, if gonna make this kinds of comparisons, you can get carried in any PvE content in this game, guess Queens Gauntlet was the only one that was all you...the "compare fighting another player with fighting a scripted raid boss" was to someone here who tried to compare the leaderboard sPvP titles with raids rewards...i dont get it why is so hard for some people try to see the other side lol why it cant be like "Yeah, you guys put a lot of effort on WvW/sPvP, dont see why Anet didnt make legendary exclusive skins for this game modes too"....if the whole excuse is "took a lot of time and resources to do it(I call it kitten)" then why not give the same skin for all game modes, they are all legendary tier right?

Well imo, each game mode should eventually have exclusive legendary items this include legendary armors, trinkets and weapons.

Nah. Weapons specifically require participation both on pve and wvw for a reason. It encourages players to mingle in another game mode. And while many view this as a nuisance, some stick around because they find something they like. Full splits with alternative paths don't have that feature, unless you really want a specific skin. But using myself as an example, I gave up on the pvp backpiece mostly because I don't like the mode, but also because I already had Ad Infinitum. The incentive is just not as strong.

I think split works for the armors because they all require a huge time investment. They don't just require you do try something out for a few hours, they require active participation for months. So I'd say they are intended to be the "top-tier" rewards, only obtainable by the most devoted players.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Well imo, each game mode should eventually have exclusive legendary items this include legendary armors, trinkets and weapons.

Nah. Weapons specifically require participation both on pve and wvw for a reason. It encourages players to mingle in another game mode. And while many view this as a nuisance, some stick around because they find something they like. Full splits with alternative paths don't have that feature, unless you really want a specific skin. But using myself as an example, I gave up on the pvp backpiece mostly because I don't like the mode, but also because I already had Ad Infinitum. The incentive is just not as strong.

I think split works for the armors because they all require a huge time investment. They don't just require you do try something out for a few hours, they require active participation for months. So I'd say they are intended to be the "top-tier" rewards, only obtainable by the most devoted players.

B-b-but, free shinies!

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

@Jwake.7013 said:Honestly, sure would love some good looking skins for wvw/spvp legendary armor, but on how long they said it took them for the raid ones I don't want them to waste their time unless they figured out a way to speed up the process.

Just give us the raid skins, thx.

How about no? You want the rewards, you do the content mmmmkay? I mean, I’d love for the Warbringer to be available outside of WvW but you don’t see me being an entitled little kitten about it. I understand the important of content-exclusive rewards in order to make said content desirable.

With the weapons, the players get some variety of styles to chose from, for most of the weapons two skins to chose from exist at this point of the game and the legendaries themself range from edgy/serious to funny/specialinterest.With armors ANet really couldn't "get it right" from a fashion perspective at least, I'd say they never had a chance with this one. Players are meant to put some effort into the project, therefor the players want something special, flashy and/or unique to show off. But when they released the first set for raids, they could only go for 3 styles. 3 looks to choose from can hardly satisfy a playerbase that's so much set on style like this one is. That no look can appeal to all the people is common sense and even with the variety of legendary weapons we have, there are still ppl out there who find none of them appealing and I can understand that. With armors you see the same effect just with even less variety in skins.Then ANet introduced legendary armors for WvW and PvP, I don't remember which one came first. The WvW armor has a distinct look and has some flashyness to it. ANet went for more basic looks, basically slightly tuning up the looks of the already implemented WvW armor skins. A good move I think to make them appeal to more players, but again there are only 3 different armors to chose from who can hardly satisfy everyones desires. The PvP armor is the sadest story here I think. The legendary tier of the sets does not differ from ascended tier at all, it's a shame developement has stopped there as it seems...so from a fashionwars perspective you don't even get a new look from PvP armors.I actually like the heavy raid armor set so I kept it the way it was. On the other hand, I don't think the skin is good enoug to transmute it onto other toons... I will get myself a legendary PvP one as well by the end of this year, should ANet revamp the skin to look different from ascended I might keep it, otherwise it will be the first legendary items I transmute to look like something else.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:I finished my first raid set legendary armor few month ago by playing this boring pve content. Dont get me wrong, maybe for U it isnt boring as hell but for a pvp/wvw player it is waste time, but we would like to have the shiny skins too. Just realese the legendary raid skin for the pvp/wvw legendary armor. We do not want to play the pve content to be good dressed...

But there is a title tied to these envoy armor skins. Envoys herald currently used as 750 LI proof

Btw I have all raid armors and all 3 t3 wvw armors, so I know that farming WvW tokens is just afk farming. I usually just tab out and recap a camp every 10min

@Malediktus.9250 said:

But there is a title tied to these envoy armor skins. Envoys herald currently used as 750 LI proof

Btw I have all raid armors and all 3 t3 wvw armors, so I know that farming WvW tokens is just afk farming. I usually just tab out and recap a camp every 10min

I gave up, god whats up with this people...atleast some here agree to a point that Anet should have made unique skins for WvW and sPvP, but 80% of people here are just so selfish...its sad really...title could still be unique to the raids armor...its like the colections for the new elite spec from PoF, you need to get the unique sunspear weapon to unlock your colection, the crafted version just wont do, but still both share the same skin...again all the excuses that Anet give to not make this is just pure bullshit.Again, stop trying to diminish the efforts of players of other game modes....yeah you can be a damn leach and just recap camps everytime that your participation goes down...but, if you are a new player or someone not so dedicated to WvW, you will be forced to play the game to get levels in order to get more pips per 5min...you just cant consider your own experience as a high rank player.And if you want to go down with argument, you can get carried and all PvE content in this game, hell, you can buy raids from other players, lol atleast on WvW you have try to recap something every 10min...no, raiders are not special players that should be treated like gods, i have seen players with full legendary armor rage quitting TA dungeon, so just stop with this mentality that only your game mode deserve the rewards cause thats the only part of the game that requires skill or whatever, its not true.

If the only legit argument is that full legendary armor is linked to Envoy title as proof of 750 LI(guess this is the new 20K AP ping full ascended zerker armor or kick), Anet allready showed that they can make 2 versions of the armor, like we have the Sunspears weapons, one is the crafted and the other is the unique version for the Elite Spec weapons, and both share the same skin...

@Malediktus.9250 said:WvW armor has unique skin already, anet was just generous that you just need t3 ascended for maximum quality skinPvP will get an armor skin reworkNot sure where your issue is

I think anet added the option to upgrade asc armour to leg armour was a terrible terrible move. But then at that time everyone.. everyone was begging anet to do that. They said - wvw need armor stat change more than any other game mode.. the day when it's done for them.. we see posts condemning wvw leg armour lack of luster.. they believe they deserve proper leg skin .. etc etc.Why can't ppl understand that.. anet needs time to come up with full leg collection esp with good collections. Anet making option to convert wvw armour to leg is a short cut we all know and that was bcos ppl ask for it . And we all know short cut is never a good idea. I honestly think players should be more patience with the game. The game is Free. Be reasonable. I play basically everything in the game as much as I can manage. Wvw n PvP is something I need more work on .. I don't mind pvp but I get too serious in it and it isn't good for health and mind :p so I hv to draw a boundary with PvP. Also PvP game mode is rather dull.. map and game play really really need update... now anet is working on wvw reconstruction.. we should give them a bit of space and breathing time.. so they work on it and able to deliver that soon. I hope it's going to be amazing. They might add some new trinket collection via wvw later.. just be patience and be reasonable.

I think it's because there is a lot of potential for unique war themes skins that could be the legendary armor for WvW. Maybe something that could fit well with Warbringer, just something that says "don't mess with me". Though as much as I love the backpiece, it's not for everyone and it certainly doesn't fit with a non-impressive/small character and that's where my idea would most likely die.

I don't mind not getting skins for it, I actually enjoy being able to use any skin I like on it. If I had legendary raid armor I would feel forced to use it, just like you would probably not transmute your legendary weapons purely for aesthetic or prestige reasons.

Yeah the warbringer is pretty cool.. I unlocked tht xD but I think they should make better collections tie in with good achievements not just by grinding .. I do not know how that can be possible with wvw.Blocki.. I have all the 3 sets of leg armour from pve raid.. all transmuted to basic armour skin.. ^.^I like wvw t3 unique armour effect.. PvP armour :p I feel sorry for pvper .. feels that they are getting least attention. Again if I'm a real PvP player.. I will be going with most basic armour and weapon skin :) or even naked for the laugh.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

You got that 2k rank by afking?

A someone who has grinded a set of WvW Legendary Armor I can honestly say when I was grinding.The look of the armor mattered very very little to me.I now own a full set, happy with it because it does what I needed it to do.

We don't need and shouldn't have PvE armor skins. That is a reward for people who have dedicated some form of time and grind to the game mode they enjoy.So I will never support having legendary armor skins from PvE ported over to WvW.

What I would like to see, is the wvw armor reworked to reflect AND match the new obsidian weapons we have been given.That would make more sense, and would be a much better use of the very few resources we have towards cosmetics.But fashion wars (now) is probably the last thing we should worry about.I would love it if A-net would address the rewards for WvW and other QoL changes before we get into the realm of remodeling the WvW armor.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

You got that 2k rank by afking?

I think he meant farming token since rank need some pew pew. I wish I did eotm train before nerf

Archived