What to do with bags that are dropped in WvW? Open or sell?

Annihilator.2617

@"Annihilator.2617" said:What to do with bags that are dropped in WvW? Open or sell?

• Sell if you just want gold (most efficient option)
  • Open if you need the contents "soon."

Selling is nearly always fine for material bags, because generally speaking, the market price for containers adjust quickly to the value of their contents. The exceptions are limited to:

• Lottery-ish bags, e.g. Trick-or-Treat, Wintersday, when there are very expensive, rarely-dropping bonus items (e.g. infusions). People pay extra for a chance to roll the dice.
  • New bags. It takes anywhere from a few days to a month or two for the market to adjust.
  • Specific market disruptions. Most people shouldn't worry about this.

An example of a market disruption: suppose a food that uses poultry meat becomes meta suddenly. The price of the food spikes, then the price of poultry follows reasonably quickly. And then people start realizing that they can maybe save some coin (or profit) by getting containers that drop poultry. The market takes longer to adjust for the last case, and does so more slowly. However, unless you are a power trader or have hoarded a gazillion of the relevant containers, the amount of gold you can make by worrying about this is negligible in the long run.

tl;dr sell for the gold; open for matsif you have to ask, you can't profit from worrying about it ;)

I open them to stock pile mats over a long time. I don't really care about profit and for some reason I just like pulling mats out of my storage when crafting rather than buying them.

That said, almost every person I've asked this, they say sell bags then buy mats.

@Zikory.6871 said:

@"Annihilator.2617" said:Is there a probability of dropping ascend gear from them?

If the wiki is correct, then no.

The wiki is correct. If you want specific data, in addition to the wiki, there's also GW2 Profits:http://www.gw2profits.com/bags.php

Click the various options and it will show the drop rates of the contents (although not necessarily in easy-to-read format).

@Zikory.6871 said:

@"Annihilator.2617" said:Is there a probability of dropping ascend gear from them?

Then the wiki is wrong.. so says the two Ascended chests, 1 ascended hat, 12 rings and four trinkets that my characters are wearing or are in the bank. And i only spend about 10 hours a week out there, on the average.

Open them.

@Darlgon.9273 said:

Then the wiki is wrong.. so says the two Ascended chests, 1 ascended hat, 12 rings and four trinkets that my characters are wearing or are in the bank. And i only spend about 10 hours a week out there, on the average.

Open them.

Ascended drops come from WXP rank up chests.

@Darlgon.9273 said:Then the wiki is wrong.. so says the two Ascended chests, 1 ascended hat, 12 rings and four trinkets that my characters are wearing or are in the bank. And i only spend about 10 hours a week out there, on the average.

Open them.

You didn't get those from Heavy Loot Bags.

Ascended gear boxes can drop from any loot table that drops exotic gear. The odds are worse than exotics, better than precursors. Heavy Loot Bags never drop any gear at all, ergo they cannot drop ascended gear.

@Darlgon.9273 said:

Open them.

As others have stated already, Heavy loot bags do not give ascended items.The ascended chests (weapons and armor) you have a chance to get from some of the reward track boxes and the lords I believe, the rings you get from the rankup chests and the same sources as the ascended chests, and ascended earrings you can get from guild missions. You most certainly did not get them from heavy loot bags.

Archived