HF with your U/W raid

@"Ashantara.8731" said:The OP probably expected a complete overhaul of how movement etc. works underwater, when the annoucement last week clearly stated that there would only be a skill balance update.

No, just the various skills and classes being rebalanced which have been major issues which got delayed that were being put off to "next cycle" (today) which seemed to just outright not happen.

@TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Entirely DPS buffs and damage normalization for PvE balance. Nothing to address the systematic problems U/W combat has.

Maybe we'll get an U/W expansion too, lol.

Can I have your stuff?

I don't PvE. I never finished LS3 and haven't started PoF. I didn't even want PoF. I got it from a friend as part of a secret santa so raids do not affect me at all.

I just think the changes are obviously catered to an underwater raid and a lot of effort went into them despite the obvious major balance issues in the competitive modes with the professions as they are.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ephemiel.5694 said:Kinda obvious we WILL have a big focus in U/W exploration and fights [PoF very heavily hints the Deep Sea Dragon and he/she is the only one we could possibly fight/defend now that Primordus and Jormag were weakened].

Where does pof heavily hint the dsd?

One of the missions shows a Dragon silhouette with a much more aquatic theme. At first glance, it may be Krakaltorik, but his theme is crystals and a more purple color, this one is blueish.

Plus, come on, random U/W ability update when Anet had completely ignored anything involving U/W so hard that Revenant didn't even have a 2nd weapon for it? Plus the fact it's very obvious Aurene will replace Krak [it's literally her purpose] and both Primordus and Jormag were weakened to the point they're not even awake anymore.

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

@Ephemiel.5694 said:Kinda obvious we WILL have a big focus in U/W exploration and fights [PoF very heavily hints the Deep Sea Dragon and he/she is the only one we could possibly fight/defend now that Primordus and Jormag were weakened].

One of the missions shows a Dragon silhouette with a much more aquatic theme. At first glance, it may be Krakaltorik, but his theme is crystals and a more purple color, this one is blueish.

Plus, come on, random U/W ability update when Anet had completely ignored anything involving U/W so hard that Revenant didn't even have a 2nd weapon for it? Plus the fact it's very obvious Aurene will replace Krak [it's literally her purpose] and both Primordus and Jormag were weakened to the point they're not even awake anymore.

Yeah, I think we will be fighting the chair dragon first. After all, the chair update came first and they ignored sitting in chairs for even longer. ;)

I don't see any huge focus on underwater content coming up any time soon, they haven't produced any underwater weapon skins in years, since before HoT anyway.

@Pifil.5193 said:

Yeah, I think we will be fighting the chair dragon first. After all, the chair update came first and they ignored sitting in chairs for even longer. ;)

I don't see any huge focus on underwater content coming up any time soon, they haven't produced any underwater weapon skins in years, since before HoT anyway.

Ah, so they did complete updates on everyone's underwater skills and gave Revenant their 2nd weapon just for fun and for the ascended breather.

Come on, think.

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

Ah, so they did complete updates on everyone's underwater skills and gave Revenant their 2nd weapon just for fun and for the ascended breather.

Come on, think.

No, they did it because balancing underwater skills was long overdue, it has been years since they last did it. They also addressed some of the shortcomings of the revenant class that had been there since before it was introduced. The question should be why did it take so long? Because it's low priority. Why is it low priority? Because its not that popular.

They also added ascended waterbreathers with episodes 3 of LS3 and PoF wasn't an underwater expansion.

@Pifil.5193 said:

Come on, think.

No, they did it because balancing underwater skills was long overdue, it has been years since they last did it. They also addressed some of the shortcomings of the revenant class that had been there since before it was introduced. The question should be why did it take so long? Because it's low priority. Why is it low priority? Because its not that popular.

They also added ascended waterbreathers with episodes 3 of LS3 and PoF wasn't an underwater expansion.

And just now they added more.

Again, do you REALLY think they did this for the hell of it after ignoring it for years?

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

Come on, think.

Again, do you REALLY think they did this for the hell of it after ignoring it for years?

You have no reason to believe it HAS to be the DSD. They've barely added any underwater content for that very reason that the skills were left this long in such a sorry state. Now that they've done that they can go back to doing that. Sandswept Isles had quite a bunch of water in it, but zero reason to ever fight in it. A new map could have a similar amount of water, but now there are actually things to do there because it's far less atrocious than before.

Hinting that the Dragon exists because duh doesn't mean we'll face him anytime soon. We have the Lich with the ugly feet to defeat first and then good ol' crystel dragon is roaming about before we can even get close to him unless he decides to send us a few tidal waves out of the blue. Highly unlikely.

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

Come on, think.

No, I don't think that. I think they did it because it needed to be done, because underwater skills and combat were lagging further and further behind, now they've "fixed it" they can move on and not have to address it again for another 3-4 years if they don't want to.

As for the ascended breather well, I think that's just another nice little "side story" or long term goal that they added during the lull between LS episodes. Something to keep people busy with for probably quite a long time.

I think that the new game director is setting their priorities differently and they are getting around to fixing long standing issues and adding in some long requested features not just these.

That's great for the game; they've also just added in three Ascended weapons with unique Revenant themed weapons skins that have been "missing" since HoT launched! Does that mean that the next expansion will be taking us to the mists? Is their addition to the game at all relevant to the direction the story will take? I don't think so but they were frequently requested and I'm really glad they added them back.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:The OP probably expected a complete overhaul of how movement etc. works underwater, when the annoucement last week clearly stated that there would only be a skill balance update.

No, just the various skills and classes being rebalanced which have been major issues which got delayed that were being put off to "next cycle" (today) which seemed to just outright not happen.

Your still not eluding to what never happened, what were expecting, what do you think should of happened and... Rome wasn't built in a day.A complete overhaul takes time and would likely mean players having to make large adjustments without warning... small steps often make for less painful transitions... cos change can be tough for us all.

So deep breath and start from the beginning and proceed to the end in an orderly fashion. :)

Archived