Mysterious Mists Traveler, anyone? (Zeghai of the Lost)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Zushada.6108" said:Does anyone know if he appears with a Merchant icon on the map?

Nope. When he was in Rata Sum there was no special icon on the map, which makes finding him around the game even more difficult.

They should make his icon appear on the map like the Pact Supply Network Agent, so when you enter a map you can see if he is there and where exactly he is located in the map. They should also make him work the same way, where he has a fixed location each day. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent

Seriously. He seems to be able to spawn literally anywhere in the game from the sounds of things, and it's completely random where and when he spawns.

In Rata Sum he was there at least 25 minutes. I went to The Grove to wait a while for him to show up after posting in this thread about it, and everyone from Rata Sum came there a few minutes later and mentioned he was in Rata for about 30 minutes or so. After over about 45 minutes of waiting in The Grove I gave up and logged out.

I've seen some people in Rata and Grove say they'd been waiting for a couple hours or so for him to show up. It's crazy I tell ya.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

@"Zushada.6108" said:Does anyone know if he appears with a Merchant icon on the map?

Nope. When he was in Rata Sum there was no special icon on the map, which makes finding him around the game even more difficult.

They should make his icon appear on the map like the Pact Supply Network Agent, so when you enter a map you can see if he is there and where exactly he is located in the map. They should also make him work the same way, where he has a fixed location each day.

Seriously. He seems to be able to spawn literally anywhere in the game from the sounds of things, and it's completely random where and when he spawns.

In Rata Sum he was there at least 25 minutes. I went to The Grove to wait a while for him to show up after posting in this thread about it, and everyone from Rata Sum came there a few minutes later and mentioned he was in Rata for about 30 minutes or so. After over about 45 minutes of waiting in The Grove I gave up and logged out.

I've seen some people in Rata and Grove say they'd been waiting for a couple hours or so for him to show up. It's crazy I tell ya.

Thank you. When I found him in Diessa Plateau, I couldn't see because the Catmander tag was right on top of him on the map. :-) FYI to folks, I got the Hammer recipe there. I also meant to mention, the wiki is ambiguous about the location. He was standing on the rocks northwest of the waypoint & east of the North Nolan Hatchery POI (above "Town of Nolan" on the map).

Im seeing an interesting comment on the wiki:During every spawn, one of the below items will be offered. The recipes rotate in a 3-hour cycle, starting with Recipe: Mistbreaker (0:15), Recipe: Mistrender (1:15) and Recipe: Mistcleaver (2:15).[verification requested]

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistbreaker#Available_prefixes

Is that it? Only 3 options for stat selection? And they're ascended items. Probably can't be placed in the mystic toilet to stat swap to something more preferable either.

If their expectation was that players would only want these for the skins, they would have been better off selling them in the gem shop, or at least make them black lion chest exclusive skins.

If I were to craft an ascended weapon, I better be able to have the exact stats I want, even if I have to stat swap it in the mystic forge. It seems kinda pointless to not only go through all the trouble of finding the NPC to buy the recipes, but all the gold and materials spent to craft it only for it to be completely useless due to no way of having the stats you want.

If it can at least be placed in the mystic forge that would be worthwhile. Confirmation from someone who has crafted one of these weapons would be nice. They don't have to actually stat swap it, just see if it can be put in the mystic forge to swap stats and let the community know about it.

@"Charrbeque.8729" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistbreaker#Available_prefixes

Is that it? Only 3 options for stat selection? And they're ascended items. Probably can't be placed in the mystic toilet to stat swap to something more preferable either.

Yes, they certainly can, since they are ascended. I have not yet met an ascended item that couldn't be transformed (except the breathing apparati). You can swap stats with all of them, including collection items.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Charrbeque.8729" said:

Yes, they certainly can, since they are ascended. I have not yet met an ascended item that couldn't be transformed (except the breathing apparati). You can swap stats with all of them, including collection items.

Thanks folks. It seems to be worthwhile to continue pursuing. :)

Oh and, the Caladbolg weapons can't be stat swapped in the mystic forge. You'd have to trade in the weapon plus 1k unbound magic to Ridhais in your home instance if you want different stats for it, or want a different type of the weapon without having to craft it. I got the greatsword and found it couldn't be placed in the mystic forge at all, regardless if it was transmuted to a different skin.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Regrown_Caladbolg

! The funny thing was, I went to trade in the greatsword for another greatsword to get different stats, but the original weapon wasn't taken from me, so I wound up with 2 Caladbolg Orchidas with different stats selected. It did take my unbound magic. This was a while ago and I /bugged it in game since I was under the impression I was suppose to lose the weapon. No idea if it was ever changed though.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zeghai_of_the_Lost#Notes

According to ArenaNet Developer, Myranda Pendragon, "If no one is in the map when his time to spawn comes up he wont spawn".

A good reason why the NPC should have a fixed location, even if it changes location multiple times a day. If nobody is in a map when he spawns, everybody has to wait until the next spawn time while trying to figure out where he is. And again, if nobody is in the next map he spawns, it winds up being a game of cat and mouse.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I have just been to all the known locations (starting at :20), but no luck. This means there will be a million more to come. :/

I just went to the last 3 predicted locations and, voila, there he was.This means 0 more times to come.

http://thatshaman.com/tools/zeghai

Pointless endeavor,Some people enjoy scavenger hunts; some don't.

the skins are not that desireable anyway.The grapes were sour anyhow, sure.

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Anyone found a dye that matches the new mist weapons?

Take a high quality screenshot (the wiki might have one). Then use a robust image editor to "eye drop" the color(s) (as @"Ashantara.8731" implied above, there could be several). Then use the dye matcher at GW2 BLTC:https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tool/dye/search

• You need the CSS hexcode, which might require adjust an option or clicking a button to expose. Or you can eye-ball it.
  • Then enter that code in the website in the appropriate column (e.g. 3rd one for metal/heavy classes).
  • Then sort by the third column in the table.

Big caveat: dyes are represented on computers using three numbers, but dye matcher only compares in one dimension. So it will generate some "close" matches that don't look close from your point of view. Think of asking google how long it takes to get from 1235 Main Street, Apt 5014 to 1237 Main Street, Apt 5014 — it's a 10 second walk, if you can float on air, but 10 minutes if you have to wait for the elevators in both buildings, i.e. close & yet not that close.

Here's a not-great color to get your started:https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tool/dye/search?ipg=25&sort=metal&metal=a60925&page=1Should get you in the right ballpark.

Archived