Do you use your race's cultural armour?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like them. This is a global problem for me in the game. There are not many armors I like, especially by heavy and medium. So, with cultural armors like other armors, I go for the set if it is part of an achievement, or if a collection is to close completion for a few APs, but otherwise, I am not much interested in armor generally. I tend to use a lot more the outfits to work out appearance of my toons (exception: light armors. I find more my way with them).

I use the Human Cultural t1 light shoulders for my armour... but I haven't worn a full set in years.

I remember being smitten with human cultural armour three years ago (which is why all of my characters are human today, since I couldn't afford multiple ascended pieces). But, at some point I just grew out of the underboob meta, just like how I won't wear the Revenant heavy armour today.

I think more people would use them, even mix and match in, if cultural skins were free to apply.

Been saying for a while that cultural skins, black lion skins (as you pay cash for those) and the starter armor/weapon skins should be free to apply like Achievement skins, just for options and diversity.

Or should say I did use Sylvari T2 light up until I unlocked Nightmare light armor through WvW reward Tracks a few months back.

The cultural armor was an investment at the start, there were certain race sets that I actively saved up for in the beginning to achieve a look, and other sets I just didn't care for and decided to never bother with, but when the mastery system and a point was involved I bent.

However much I liked certain sets on certain races in the beginning though, over the years newer looks (armor skins and outfits) have pushed cultural sets to the back of the line.

Archived