Most OP(Over powered) class in game?

feanor.4605

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Shoyoko.7309 said:hahaha someone really put 1 vote for engineer.

awww.... you sir, are a hero in my eyes for thinking so highly of engi. <3

Holosmith deals quite a lot of dmg in few seconds tho ... it's not OP but it's definitely strong

And if you play the non kit build in raids it's way too easy to play for the dmg output it does?!

As long as it's less dos than harder builds that's nothing but a nice option to l2p.

Mesmer is o_O because it is a must have in any raid.do u care weather u got an engineer? Do u care to run without 2 mesmer? I don't see the issue since rerollling is easy but maybe it would add fun to open the role up to other prof.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Catchyfx.5768 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:I really wanted to put mesmer but imo even complete noob necro is able to 1st stay alive in any fight 2nd perma smap cripple 3rd burn anything in his AoEs 4th get himself plenty boons 5th with combination with that defiance bar can have 2x (and more) his own life which is real pain in kitten especially in PVP

I don't know. Necro can only solo kill people if they are really bad or if the necro has a supporter behind him.Especially thiefes shouldn't have any problem to kill necros easily

I play condi DD trapper

there is a answer.

I dont get why would condi DD trapper be wrong? i can get pretty rekted by powerful players yes. But i can rekt them back if i play my thing right. Trapper is not bad build if you know how to use it

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:I really wanted to put mesmer but imo even complete noob necro is able to 1st stay alive in any fight 2nd perma smap cripple 3rd burn anything in his AoEs 4th get himself plenty boons 5th with combination with that defiance bar can have 2x (and more) his own life which is real pain in kitten especially in PVP

I don't know. Necro can only solo kill people if they are really bad or if the necro has a supporter behind him.Especially thiefes shouldn't have any problem to kill necros easily

I play condi DD trapper

there is a answer.

I dont get why would condi DD trapper be wrong? i can get pretty rekted by powerful players yes. But i can rekt them back if i play my thing right. Trapper is not bad build if you know how to use it

Sure i trust you but maybe scourge just counter your build? I play Reaper And thieves,Rangers,holos,mesmers,warriors Are ultra hard to wincuz they counter me hard

@Catchyfx.5768 said:

Sure i trust you but maybe scourge just counter your build? I play Reaper And thieves,Rangers,holos,mesmers,warriors Are ultra hard to wincuz they counter me hard

yea i understand. But as i said. For example even today. I as a thief got rekted by necro milion times and i just played 4 matches and then ppl would hate on me that i am a noob. Well i am not but the necro was freaking too powerfull

@Vagrant.7206 said:Who the hell voted Revenant? Where have y'all been?

@Jaycesion.4235 said:Mesmer is overtune. It is a hard but reward class , yes. But, it may be too rewarding with all the damage you can put out.

It's the opposite problem of engineer/ele, which are both difficult classes to play, but get relatively lit tle reward compared to mesmer.

lol still crying that engi need buffs hahahahaStarted to play wvw (with ultra hard class to play holo ofc) and killing any kind of mirage there with ease just by facerolling(even 1vs2 power+condi at once)... very little reward class indeed

@Odik.4587 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:Who the hell voted Revenant? Where have y'all been?

@Jaycesion.4235 said:Mesmer is overtune. It is a hard but reward class , yes. But, it may be too rewarding with all the damage you can put out.

It's the opposite problem of engineer/ele, which are both difficult classes to play, but get relatively lit tle reward compared to mesmer.

lol still crying that engi need buffs hahahahaStarted to play wvw (with ultra hard class to play holo ofc) and killing any kind of mirage there with ease just by facerolling(even 1vs2 power+condi at once)... very little reward class indeed

What? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

yea i understand. But as i said. For example even today. I as a thief got rekted by necro milion times and i just played 4 matches and then ppl would hate on me that i am a noob. Well i am not but the necro was freaking too powerfull

As someone who mains necromancer I can tell you they are extraordinarily fragile. Their weaknesses are plentiful and their game relies on killing you before you kill them. They can't escape so they need to control and sustain themselves. But there is an easy solution to fighting them if you find you can't win the fight. Run. Necromancers are really slow and changes are you can escape from them. And just bring allies with you and farm free kills off of the necromancer, because she can't defend against you.

Mesmer hate is real, but understandable. It's mainly elite specs are really overtuned vs core specs.

For PvE, chrono tanking / boon share.

For WvW , mirage roamers and chronos with gravity well / portals / boon share.

Basically I anticipate another heavy nerf to Signet of Inspiration , Bountiful Disillusionment, and the Healing Prism +restorative Illusion traits. Alacrity might be detuned to 15% to 20% too if they really want to hit chrono.

I'd also expect a boon duration cap on Chaotic Persistence or a flat %.

• 2 weeks later...

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:LOL buncha mes qq. guard hands down. has always had good pve dps, must have (repeat MUST HAVE) in wvw since the dawn of time, and has been in pretty much every single meta team in pvp.

just because its needed because of the boons it can pump out doesnt mean its op, its just that hes the only one that can do it, and those boons are the only way to stay alive with the power creep thats going on, its not fault of the guard, hes just the only one that can provide what is needed

and mesmer is pretty much needed in any other gamemode aswell, even in zergs mesmer is somewhat needed, even if it was just for the veil, in roaming mesmer is alot stronger than guard

lol... just because of the boons. right. what about the insane heals / condi clears / reflects / overall tankiness. they are the linchpin in zergs. in roaming, guard counters mes lol. mes may be stronger overall but its kinda funny you bring that up. so mes beats guard in roaming, which isnt even a game mode, and guard wins pretty much everywhere else.

Can't tell if trolling because you don't want mesmer nerfed or just a bad mesmer player. Outside if WvW Chronomancer is the most wanted support class, period, and Mirage is like thief but better. Guardian doesn't really push into any other profession's territory in such a direct way. Sure Guardian is good but not OP good. Mesmer can just do some of everything.

so by outside of wvw you mean pve. ok.you guys dont get it. guard in wvw and arguably in pvp as well, has been MANDATORY. has always had a spot in pve as far as i can tell. ok mes is really good support in pve, fine. mandatory in pvp? maybe, but just because of portal. in wvw? no.this thread is about overall OPness not your tears or one thing or another, look at the big picture.

As far as you can tell, so you were around near release?

Literally seeing mirage not even being scared of 4vs1 in WvW.Spellbreakers aren’t far behind but Mirage is from another dimension : it has everything in a singke pack : cc, heavy aoe burst, passive evades, stealth, it’s a real pain to fight one. They’re better thieves and melee without any issues lol

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Scar.1793 said:Literally seeing mirage not even being scared of 4vs1 in WvW.

Oh thats just being forced to fight the gank groups of thieves, holos and warriors.

I mean what else could you do? Duel that 1 other enemy mesmer somewhere on the border?

sure bro, only mesmer run around solo, the others are each and everyone in ganking groupspoor poor honorable mesmer player

@RedShark.9548 said:

Oh thats just being forced to fight the gank groups of thieves, holos and warriors.

I mean what else could you do? Duel that 1 other enemy mesmer somewhere on the border?

sure bro, only mesmer run around solo, the others are each and everyone in ganking groupspoor poor honorable mesmer player

No I'm sure you see 1-4 mesmers every time they gank you.

I'm still curious about how many of each class that joins WvW, but alas I dont think Anet will ever show us the details.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

No I'm sure you see 1-4 mesmers every time they gank you.

I'm still curious about how many of each class that joins WvW, but alas I dont think Anet will ever show us the details.

even that data wouldnt be helpful since the majority joins a blob, how would anet determine which of those classes are roaming

@Dawdler.8521 said:

If I can duel a mesmer I try to avoid the fight as much as possible as 99% of the time it ends up me being dead no matter how much effort you put. For other classes and even spellbreaker I do not do that because the outcome isn’t as clear and depends on more than just the class carrying the player.

Archived