new balance patch gaves rev nothing

messiah.1908

@Ayuzi.8274 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:New balance patch gave nothing but nerfs to mesmer and ele, and the specs that suck didn't actually become viable because the buffs were so marginal.

Power soulbeast, power reaper, and power rev will still be way behind dragonhunter, warrior, and holosmith.

Power soulbeast has 2k more dps on benchmark than dh rn, and with the buffs on rev/herald they prob will be better than dh as well, anet don't seem to like dh at all sadly.

2k dummy DPS.

The nature of power soulbeast is a lot of its damage is tied to sic em windows which are 25% uptime and a stationary whirling defense channel which in real raid scenarios translates to way lower performance than a stationary golem due to boss phase changes and movement.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:New balance patch gave nothing but nerfs to mesmer and ele, and the specs that suck didn't actually become viable because the buffs were so marginal.

Power soulbeast, power reaper, and power rev will still be way behind dragonhunter, warrior, and holosmith.

Power soulbeast has 2k more dps on benchmark than dh rn, and with the buffs on rev/herald they prob will be better than dh as well, anet don't seem to like dh at all sadly.

2k dummy DPS.

The nature of power soulbeast is a lot of its damage is tied to sic em windows which are 25% uptime and a stationary whirling defense channel which in real raid scenarios translates to way lower performance than a stationary golem due to boss phase changes and movement.

Actually having high burst windows generally allows for higher dps in a real raid scenario as there are phasing periods and certain mechanics where you can't really do any damage however your big burst will still be coming off cool down during the downtime. As an example, you can burst slothasaur to break bar phase with big burst then your burst recharges while he is invulnerable so you can burst immediately again once the invuln phase ends depending on how the cool downs align. While they probably won't be able to sic 'em between every break bar, it should still handle downtime better than a low burst pure sustained damage build like all revenant dps builds (which is kinda ironic since rev can take downed time to build up to 100 energy, there is just no good way to front load a big damage burst).

@Alchimist.4738 said:

However they haven't touched Renegade, even though it's pretty good in PvE it doesn't change the fact that this specs was awfully designed to begin with, which is why it's unplayable in PvP. And I could understand if Kalla was only good in PvE, you could still play Renegade without her in PvP, but at the very least could they make the Shortbow not miss all the time in PvP, because it's baffling to see that they think the Shortbow is in an okay state right now, when you cannot hit anyone that is remotely awake.

That they didn't touch Renegade at all can mean three different things.

1. They have given up and accepted that it's a PvE spec
  2. They are planning a total extensive rework in the future and thus any small changes now would be pointless.
  3. The balance team actually believes it's fine, or just doesn't care.

All of them are equally likely, but until then power-shiro every day.

Bolster Fortifications: This trait now increases the revenant's outgoing damage by 5% while they have protection, in addition to its previous effects.

taking this over the might on boon application is a dps increase when running in a party with a boonshare mes or fb, since u wont worry about self protection uptimein wvw thats huge, ill take a damage modifier over might share any day

@JayPanda.1304 said:On a positive note. Power herald benchmark at 33.5k on golem.

Can I get a link to this? It sounds a lot like somebody who's using unrealistic buffs... An extra 5% shouldn't have of added that big of an increase, and shouldn't have let it overtake Renegade.

Edit: nm, I see the vid on SC. I still find it hard to believe it beats renegade tho since the only buff it gets that Renegade doesn't also take advantage of was that 5%, and Renegade was beating it by more than that before the patch. -.-

@narcx.3570 said:

@JayPanda.1304 said:On a positive note. Power herald benchmark at 33.5k on golem.

Can I get a link to this? It sounds a lot like somebody who's using unrealistic buffs... An extra 5% shouldn't have of added that big of an increase, and shouldn't have let it overtake Renegade.

Edit: nm, I see the vid on SC. I still find it hard to believe it beats renegade tho since the only buff it gets that Renegade doesn't also take advantage of was that 5%, and Renegade was beating it by more than that before the patch. -.-

It's because they're using the targetting bug for the Inspiring Reinforcements cast; If you were able to hit all of IR pre-patch, you were already able to get 31k, so the 5% buff just brought it up to 33k. It apparently flew under their radar before or they knew about it but just didn't care

@odiasura.9513 said:

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:In WvW you'll get to really understand what
short
bow means...

No one wants the Renegade in wvw, and there's nothing yet for Condi Herald. The sword was good enough already. Really nothing useful in this patch. But like someone said in one of the posts, maybe they are considering big changed for Renegade? Shortbow 2 and 3 are not making sense the more I play it. Okay 2 maybe. But 3?

Correction, there is nothing useful for YOU in the patch. For those of us who play power rev there are some nice changes.

That was kinda implied, no? But agreed. Hey, I'm a rev fan, and yeah, happy for power revs. Was hoping for more on Renegade shortbow.

@Caligrafers Blade.3871 said:

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:In WvW you'll get to really understand what
short
bow means...

No one wants the Renegade in wvw, and there's nothing yet for Condi Herald. The sword was good enough already. Really nothing useful in this patch. But like someone said in one of the posts, maybe they are considering big changed for Renegade? Shortbow 2 and 3 are not making sense the more I play it. Okay 2 maybe. But 3?

Correction, there is nothing useful for YOU in the patch. For those of us who play power rev there are some nice changes.

That was kinda implied, no? But agreed. Hey, I'm a rev fan, and yeah, happy for power revs. Was hoping for more on Renegade shortbow.

I was hopping for pvp buffs in literally everything that isn't a part of glint/shiro builds.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Is there a different talent setup for power revs now? I asume its the new trait with +5% damage.

Yes, same build + the new trait, (still forceful persistence and roiling mists)... Full upkeep channels in both stances, precision in both stances, Sw 4/5 in Shiro, and IR in Jalis (with the 7shot targeting bug.) <--Cliff notes version of it.

Rotation/Build on snowcrowz.

That's for PvE obviously, in WvW I've been using the new trait and it's a nice extra 5% onto your burst and all... But compared to the buffs other classes got this patch, I'd say it's a net loss for the roaming rev.

@LucianDK.8615 said:what exactly is bugged about inspiring reinforcement?

You can use the same targeting bug that some people exploit to make 7shot viable vs small hitboxes to cause IR to multihit from within the boss' hitbox as well...

Personally, I don't do this, I just play other classes for small hitbox fights... But it's a thing that exists out there for those who wanna play Rev in every encounter--I'm pretty sure it's not a bannable exploit or anything like that.

Changes I would have liked to see made:Allow Revenant to swap between 3 LegendsBuff Renegade Abilities to cast and instant AoE attack when casted and another AoE attack or Buff when destroyed. Remove the Line of Sight and no valid path issue.Move All Upkeep Skills to Elite slot and limit their drain to 5 with an initial cost of 10 to cast in PVP/WVW

Hey, buffs across the board, at least they did not nerf a class that is clearly not overperforming (unlike mesmer and warrior). Ultimately these changes will make rev play feel more fluid, but I am still expecting a renegade revamp at some point. As long as the energy mechanic, renegade functionality, and remaining clunkiness remain unaddressed, the class will not reach its full potential. It is still kind of shocking that an expansion-sold class has taken this long to be given a proper evaluation; but baby steps as they say...

Archived