Can we get more glyph slots for Gathering Tools?

Well, let's face it. There is a very good vendor that sells this:qhhIHt8.jpgsvKngQz.jpgI understand, gathering tools with limited charges need bag space. But this vendor also a reason not to buy infinite gathering tools for gems, simply bacause it offers same glyphed gathering tools for just Karma.

But more important, those glyphed gathering tools are separated into two types in this vendor's tabs:

• Matherial Gathering
  • Enchanced Gathering

Those limited-charge tools, are not so much inferior to Infinite ones, and their cost it's just a means to spare gems on expense of bag space.Infinite Gathering tools will be more appealing if they will have two slots, one for Matherial Glyphs, second for Enchanced Gathering Glyphs.

@"Aeon.4583" said:Well, let's face it. There is a very good vendor that sells this:qhhIHt8.jpgsvKngQz.jpgI understand, gathering tools with limited charges need bag space. But this vendor also a reason not to buy infinite gathering tools for gems, simply bacause it offers same glyphed gathering tools for just Karma.

But more important, those glyphed gathering tools are separated into two types in this vendor's tabs:

• Matherial Gathering
  • Enchanced Gathering

Those limited-charge tools, are not so much inferior to Infinite ones, and their cost it's just a means to spare gems on expense of bag space.Infinite Gathering tools will be more appealing if they will have two slots, one for Matherial Glyphs, second for Enchanced Gathering Glyphs.

That would also make a gem-store bought item very markedly straight superior to related items available in game. I know this is explicitly what you are suggesting, but I think it's kind of against a basic design principle of the game.

@Aeon.4583 said:I understand, gathering tools with limited charges need bag space. But this vendor also a reason not to buy infinite gathering tools for gems, simply bacause it offers same glyphed gathering tools for just Karma.

• Matherial Gathering
  • Enchanced Gathering

Gathering tools have always been available for karma. Both regular versions before enhancements and glyphs were added as well as after the Infinite Gathering tools were added and glyphs and enhancements were available.

Infinite gathering tools main benefit was always:

• save on karma cost to get similar effect merchant ones
  • save inventory space with not having to carry mutliple tools

Why should Arenanet now change their approach and make Infinite tools better? That is with me being in possession of 2 full sets of inifinite gathering tools currently asking.

Obviously you are in favor of heavier pay-to-win items from the gems store, but what makes you think the vast majority of the current player base would support this?

Yeah, once having used glyph of industry it's painful to ever not use. The only time I don't is for those timegated plants in home instance for primers - where chance of extra harvest is better.

But damn, everything so slow compared with glyph of industry, all the others may as well not exist for the quality of life that gives you. :p

let's just check possible outcome of dual glyph tools.Dual glyph slot will have 1 slot for each type. Means, there won't be Industry + Bounty, or Leatherworker + Tailor on same gathering tool at same time.

The biggest winner of it all will be Industry Glyph, the one most loved by all. It will work well with any material glyphs.

Using Glyph of Reaping will conflict with any material glyphs, if material glyphs effect will work only for primary gathered node. All the nodes that were co-gathered won't bring additional materials. But maybe Glyph of Alchemist could work on all primary and co-gathered nodes in combo with Reaping. Yet, Glyph of Alchemist effect is limited to 150 units per day.

Glyph of Bounty works well for Harvesting Herbs ( only one strike, fast animation ), benefits of additional maths will be present in small amounts. 33% for additional materials from single gather, with 33% additional strike chance, not even close to normal mining or logging. But Bounty+Volatility\Unbound on Sickle will be nice combo.

Bounty + Leatherworker\Tailor\etc. on Mining Pick or Logging Axe could bring extra results, but effect of Industry overweight any additional strike chance.

And ofc, no one uses Glyph of Flight =)

@Curunen.8729 said:Yeah, once having used glyph of industry it's painful to ever not use. The only time I don't is for those timegated plants in home instance for primers - where chance of extra harvest is better.

But kitten, everything so slow compared with glyph of industry, all the others may as well not exist for the quality of life that gives you. :p

depends... Glyph of Reaping is actually way faster at a node patch

but Industry is definitely a great glyph to be used if you are spending your time running around maps gathering, or a WvWer, cos the different node types, and also that extra few seconds could mean you may have a chance to get into a cap circle

@"kharmin.7683" said:Yeah, no. I'm opposed to the suggestion. This is all part of the decisions that you have to make as a player.

Also opposed to this, but nobody wants to have to make decisions. It should all be "I need more options. More options is always better."

@kratan.4619 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:Yeah, no. I'm opposed to the suggestion. This is all part of the decisions that you have to make as a player.

Also opposed to this, but nobody wants to have to make decisions. It should all be "I need more options. More options is always better."

But it seems to me that some people don't want options. They want everything combined so that they won't have to make decisions and can benefit from all of it./shrugs

@Aeon.4583 said:Ok let me simplify it to the shortest =)Don't you wanna have Industry glyph with additional materials? :p

Because, in most cases, it is the only glyph that will win from dual glyph tools. And it's just 50% faster gathering.

Let me put it this way:

I would love to have 10 glyphs on my gathering tools. I would have no issue about even paying 500 - 1,000 gems per additional glyph slot.

Sometimes though it is not about what I want but rather what is best for the game.

@Cyninja.2954 said:I would love to have 10 glyphs on my gathering tools. I would have no issue about even paying 500 - 1,000 gems per additional glyph slot.Make seperate thread and ask arena net for legendary gathering tools then =) I really want to know what results will come from combination of Alchemist and Crucible.But, i guess, if you put all glyphs together in legendary gathering tool, you will be given Mystic Coin at each gathering swing B)I like this idea, it will lower the cost of mystic coins :p

So far suggestion here were reasonable. 2nd glyph slot, atleast, a good way to compliment the amount of glyphs we currently have. It's started with Tailor, Letherworker, Watchknight, Bounty, Flight and Industry. Now they are twice as many.

@Aeon.4583 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:I would love to have 10 glyphs on my gathering tools. I would have no issue about even paying 500 - 1,000 gems per additional glyph slot.Make seperate thread and ask arena net for legendary gathering tools then =) I really want to know what results will come from combination of Alchemist and Crucible.But, i guess, if you put all glyphs together in legendary gathering tool, you will be given Mystic Coin at each gathering swing B)I like this idea, it will lower the cost of mystic coins :p

So far suggestion here were reasonable. 2nd glyph slot, atleast, a good way to compliment the amount of glyphs we currently have. It's started with Tailor, Letherworker, Watchknight, Bounty, Flight and Industry. Now they are twice as many.

Please be fair enough to include my entire comment, especially when you decide to both:

• omit the main message behind it
  • willfully misunderstand the hyperbole used (which is in context to the omited part)

Everything else is deceptive and hardly supports a narrative that your arguments are sincere and not anti-consumer or pay-to-win.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Dude... i can't take anything you say seriously after saying:I would love to have 10 glyphs on my gathering tools. I would have no issue about even paying 500 - 1,000 gems per additional glyph slot.without even considering that there is actually two existing glyphs that mutually exclusive to each other.Alchemist - promoting gathering results to next high tier.Crucible - demoting results to next lower tier.

Trolling you tried failed miserably.Or should i wait excuses like: I didn't mention that i want to put those two glyphs at same time in my 10-slots gathering tool?

@Aeon.4583 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Dude... i can't take anything you say seriously after saying:I would love to have 10 glyphs on my gathering tools. I would have no issue about even paying 500 - 1,000 gems per additional glyph slot.without even considering that there is actually two existing glyphs that mutually exclusive to each other.Alchemist - promoting gathering results to next high tier.Crucible - demoting results to next lower tier.

Trolling you tried failed miserably.Or should i wait excuses like: I didn't mention that i want to put those two glyphs at same time in my 10-slots gathering tool?

It was a clear exageration to make a point.

To bad you missed it.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

To bad you missed it.=) =) =) =) =)You sure? Because this quote:Sometimes though it is not about what I want but rather what is best for the game.even worse. Especially combined with poor 'i want 10 slots in gathering tools' trolling.

What i've described, it is QoL change for everyone, not for me personally. And what i've described, could be a most proper way of introducing dual-glyph tools. Whatever it will be patch-in into existing infinite tools, or whole new Black Lion Upgrade, which will promote current Rare Infinite tools into Exotics with two slots.

As for some sort of superiority from Gemstore items to regular counterparts, that was mentioned here. Shared slots, for example, doesn't do anything but adding superiority. Once Salvage-o-Matics placed there, you won't bother to visit vendor to buy kits, not on a single character, hence - gemstore superiority.

@Aeon.4583 said:

To bad you missed it.=) =) =) =) =)You sure? Because this quote:
Sometimes though it is not about what I want but rather what is best for the game.
even worse. Especially combined with poor 'i want 10 slots in gathering tools' trolling.

Yes, especially with that quote which was specifically put to show that personal desire is seldom in the interest of everybody.

My hyperbole with 10 effects (I could have easily put 2 instead of 10) was meant to show that there will always be people who are able to afford pay-to-win practices or are willing and able to spend as much money as possible to get an advantage over others.

@Aeon.4583 said:What i've described, it is QoL change for everyone, not for me personally. And what i've described, could be a most proper way of introducing dual-glyph tools. Whatever it will be patch-in into existing infinite tools, or whole new Black Lion Upgrade, which will promote current Rare Infinite tools into Exotics with two slots.

As for some sort of superiority from Gemstore items to regular counterparts, that was mentioned here. Shared slots, for example, doesn't do anything but adding superiority. Once Salvage-o-Matics placed there, you won't bother to visit vendor to buy kits, not on a single character, hence - gemstore superiority.

None of your suggestions were in any way balanced but pay-to-win. The drawbacks you offered were also easily sidestepped with more gem payments (even more pay-to-win).

The way tools are implemented right now is simple (and I explained already further up):

• they circumvent karma payments
  • they reduce inventory space used

Those are convenience upgrades (which some already consider pay-to-win) but within the scope of what any player within the game can do.

Your suggestions directly gave infinite tools significant advantages over any player who would not own these tools while at the same time offering irrelevant "drawbacks". You even say as much by stating that you believe certain upgrades exceed others (thus admitting that there would be certain best-to-use together combinations).

Yes, there is more convenience items which are easily pay-to-win. Two wrongs do not make a right. That is a hilariously bad argument to make. Pay-to-win should be kept at a minimum and not encouraged even more.

I don't understand how gathering tool with dual glyph slot can be considered pay-to-win. It won't add any additional stats to make your character stronger and more efficient in raids, fractals or even wvw. It's just a gathering enchantment, the least favorite part of the game for me.

But if possible combination of Inudstry with any of materials glyph so bothersome ( and that will be most popular combo, i am sure of it ), well, we have certain professions that able to buff alot of quickness on themselfs, walk around Orr and gather t5 nodes with lighting speed. And i hope noone forgot what quickness does for gathering.

@Aeon.4583 said:I don't understand how gathering tool with dual glyph slot can be considered pay-to-win. It won't add any additional stats to make your character stronger and more efficient in raids, fractals or even wvw. It's just a gathering enchantment, the least favorite part of the game for me.

You are gaining an advantage over other players. Pay-to-win features are not only combat related. You are able to gather faster, thus allowing you to gain more materials per time frame, thus allowing you to affect the market, thus affecting every other player. It's exactly the same as when the infinite upgrade extractors where added a while back and all prices on the trading post for upgrades shifted to accomodate for players ability to remove upgrades and sell them seperately.

The amount of people who have access to an infininte upgrade extractor is miniscule, but the affect on the market was game wide.

@Aeon.4583 said:But if possible combination of Inudstry with any of materials glyph so bothersome ( and that will be most popular combo, i am sure of it ), well, we have certain professions that able to buff alot of quickness on themselfs, walk around Orr and gather t5 nodes with lighting speed. And i hope noone forgot what quickness does for gathering.

Yes, but those are limitations within classes and players are free to switch classes without having to resort to gem store purchases.