The Chair in WvW.

DanAlcedo.3281

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:It's not. And at least a chair isn't in the actual body.,

But it would appear it's more about the mechanic of the chair as it seems to be a 'mount', thus not enabled in WvW.

Yes this seems to be the case. Why they made chairs as mounts, I'm....not quite sure. Sounds like a dev had a moment of "Oh crap this is due tomorrow!" moment!

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:If I wanted to be bad mannered I'd spam candy corns til I threw up on someone's corpse, that never fails to get the desired response. Honestly I only do that if someone is particularly bad mannered to me first tho, and chairs are fairly tame in comparison haha.

Never thought of this. I try not to give in to those that do it first, however this is classic.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:If I wanted to be bad mannered I'd spam candy corns til I threw up on someone's corpse, that never fails to get the desired response. Honestly I only do that if someone is particularly bad mannered to me first tho, and chairs are fairly tame in comparison haha.

Never thought of this. I try not to give in to those that do it first, however this is classic.

Was thinking the same thing... Have a bunch in storage lol....

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

lol as do I. at least 2.5kish anyway. How many you need to eat to vomit?

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

It's a bit random I think. From what I remember, I used to see it between 5-20 of them

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

I never do it first, but I'll do it back. It generally comes from players who think they're better than they are, but are free bags on the slight chance you find them alone. cough carried by downstate cough

@Handin.4032 said:

It's a bit random I think. From what I remember, I used to see it between 5-20 of them

Yeah, it's about that haha. Just watch out you don't get ganked while you have the sugar rush effect on you, it can be a pain.

And I will be respectful as long as other people are for the most part. However I can be a bit vindictive, I remember one rev bleeding me out while jumping on me after ganking me, so I did the same thing to him 12-13 times over the following 90 mins. So much salt that day.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Yeah, it's about that haha. Just watch out you don't get ganked while you have the sugar rush effect on you, it can be a pain.

And I will be respectful as long as other people are for the most part. However I can be a bit vindictive, I remember one rev bleeding me out while jumping on me after ganking me, so I did the same thing to him 12-13 times over the following 90 mins. So much salt that day.

whats wrong about bleeding people out? i mean when i got time and my opponent successfully used his skill to avoid a stomp, without anyone nearby to help them, i will let them bleed out, after all they dont want to get stomped.

@MUDse.7623 said:

whats wrong about bleeding people out? i mean when i got time and my opponent successfully used his skill to avoid a stomp, without anyone nearby to help them, i will let them bleed out, after all they dont want to get stomped.

It's the bleeding out plus siege plus jumping or laughing on the body for no reason that usually annoys me. Shows a distinct character flaw on the player's part and it's usually fun to take people like that down a peg or two.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:What's BM even mean?

It's.... NSFW...

(But actually Bad Mannered)

Which actually raises a whole other list of issue: like WHOSE manners?? I mean, it might be good mannered to donate seige to a corpse in some part of the world.

We need to let go of our social norms and include all views in our perspectives.

I've always just assumed BM stood for bowel movement...

@Handin.4032 said:After a good fight, I used to bow. I literally started getting PMs asking me why I was being a POS, or troll, etc for emoting..but like, it's a bow of respect! No jumping or anything!

I still bow out of respect. I get the rare whisper asking why I am bowing, usually followed by some salt and or insult when trying to explain its only out of respect.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Handin.4032 said:After a good fight, I used to bow. I literally started getting PMs asking me why I was being a POS, or troll, etc for emoting..but like, it's a bow of respect! No jumping or anything!

I still bow out of respect. I get the rare whisper asking why I am bowing, usually followed by some salt and or insult when trying to explain its only out of respect.

Wouldn't /salute be better ?

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Zephyra.4709" said:It's probably because of this reddit thread and the wonderful adventures of avoiding fall dmg via the chair...

It is not like this exploit could (probably) easily be fixed if Anet wants to

Ultimately, the reason we can't use them is because they made the chairs mounts. ANd they definitely can't allow ALL mounts in WvW without A LOT of reworking. So they'd have to enable mounts, and then disable actual mounts somehow.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Wouldn't /salute be better ?

/dancing is better

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

It's.... NSFW...

Which actually raises a whole other list of issue: like WHOSE manners?? I mean, it might be good mannered to donate seige to a corpse in some part of the world.

We need to let go of our social norms and include all views in our perspectives.

Your age is showing...

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

It's.... NSFW...

Your age is showing...

BM is a common abbreviation for bowel movement. If a medical professional asks if you've had a BM, they're not asking if you've had a bad manner.

It's.... NSFW...

Your age is showing...

BM is a common abbreviation for bowel movement. If a medical professional asks if you've had a BM, they're not asking if you've had a bad manner.

Unless it was a bad mannered bowel movement...

Archived