Official Bug Report Thread: LWS4 Episode 4

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Underdark.3726 said:I think the bug in tracking the storm is that the instance is shriking behind you but it's not showing on the mini map. I just leaped with the raptor fast so i guess I escaped the storm.

Nope. That's certainly not it. If anything we were too fast and jumped into the non-playable area on our raptors. On one try I got the message immediately after checkpointing (and died promptly). Also, for multiple players the non-playable area seems to be in different places. For example, I died before reaching the gate Glint flies through, but my friend could move farther until she died while passing said gate. (And I was in front of her when I died.)So, while I guess that the playable area is supposed to shrink behind the players it appears that there is something much more fundamentally borked about the mechanic than it just not showing that it had indeed shrunk. So, it's basically a luck-based game if the lethal zone is where it is supposed on your playthrough or somewhere entirely else.

Ah, a bug I found early on, the race (I think it is a race? It starts like one) to reach Iberu's treasure in the Inner Keep failed at the outset. The race announcer said the crystal was shattered, the way was clear, but ... um ... nope. Still blocked off with purple crystal. We tried beetle smashing, no good. If that big purple blob is -not- the entry to the race, then the route is not marked at all. Some racers did try going out side exits, but there seemed no way to actually do the race.

Like Donari.5237, I like to say the race in Johai bluffs seems broken. When the counter starts and the go is there, there is no field turning green (start field), the blue field vanishes... So you start with an immediate disquallification. Talked to npc again to register, went back onto my mount but the purple door won't vanish. Watched on the outside but the race seems to be fully indoors. I only saw a finish on map, no other ports. Others seemed to have similar problem.

the new story instance called Storm Tracking, the first time you enter it has a seemingly story halting bug making it impossible to continue without instantly dieing....if u die in it at all and hit respawn at cp it puts u right back where you entered the instance like normal, with one minor detail - if you go forward where it tells you to go, directly tword the little ball of volitile magic in front of you it thinks you're leaving the instance and even if you turn back, it still kills you.....if you go to far forward additionally, the death wall behind you comes up and kills you, so heres how you bypass it to continue: go forward just barely enough to trigger the text, wait for the text to end, as long as you moved forward just enough to trigger it and not too far the deathwall wont move up and eat you, once the text has ended go around to the left of the archway in front of you giving it a wide berth, which will successfully let you around it and let you continue with your story

Twice now, when I get to the part with Braham in the branded village and then Koss takes the speaker from taimi and starts talking about the sunspear sanctuary, I have been disconnected. Both times, I was disconnected as soon as he finishes saying "Its been abandoned for years. For years!". Boom! Immediate disconnect on my end. First time, I logged back in, and noticed that the PoI was no longer marked as having been found on my character, and I had to restart the entire conversation with Braham and the merchant. ! Error Code I got

"You can complete the storm tracking quest by not following glint under the gate during the chase phase but by going over one of the whirlwinds on the right of gate and sticking to that path."This worked perfectly for me. Gotta try a couple of time to find the path, but it is there !

Bought "pact survelliance team" (or some similar name) upgrade for Sun's refuge from heart vendor Warmaster Steelburn in new map (cost 5 gold and 500 volatile magic), but have no any differences in my Sun's refuge instance. This is one per account purchase, so it will be bad if it's bugged and won't be fixed retroactively, because I can't buy it again.

Skills change their mapping on utility bar without change being made by the player.

Just started this patch

It happens for me playing Rev, Shiro utilities. Specifically phase traversal and impossible odds. Happens in the middle of a PVP match when you can not change this yourself, also when waypointing or zoning new pvp map or to pvp area. I have not see if this happens in the open world part of the game or WVW

during raptor race in "storm tracker" mission i can't even get close to the first arch where glint leads me to when game marks i'm leaving playable area and kills me, if i do that many times the game screen turns black forcing me to shut down the game and after it a window with a message that game data is damaged and asks me to allow it to fix it, if i say yes it starts doing something and then the window turns non responsive, forcing me again to shut down the process and the game is still stuck in the same are, help here please

Hi, at the Storm Tracking quest after you finished the mist part and you're back at the sunspear refuge. After Caithe shows up and you talk to Braham, taimi, and deadshot girl my game won't progress. Tried looking for Blish but he's nowhere to be found. There are no other "green star dialogues" on the map and the option to leave the instance isn't available. I also wasn't awarded for the completion of the story

@"Mithril.9351" said:during raptor race in "storm tracker" mission i can't even get close to the first arch where glint leads me to when game marks i'm leaving playable area and kills me, if i do that many times the game screen turns black forcing me to shut down the game and after it a window with a message that game data is damaged and asks me to allow it to fix it, if i say yes it starts doing something and then the window turns non responsive, forcing me again to shut down the process and the game is still stuck in the same are, help here please

Yeah i was stuck there for a while, and then i just moved really fast. Like the moment you respawn when you die just mount raptor and gun it ( raptor space skill). Go under the arch and get the volatile magic buff so on and so forth

Update on the Storm Trac> @"Duendy.4873" said:

"You can complete the storm tracking quest by not following glint under the gate during the chase phase but by going over one of the whirlwinds on the right of gate and sticking to that path."This worked perfectly for me. Gotta try a couple of time to find the path, but it is there !

This worked for me! Rode to the far right of the instance and jumped over the black swirl thing on the ground and I could progress with the story.

I know there are tons of comments about Storm Tracking here, but are folks having general FPS issues after this launch, as well as sudden pop-up loading of objects and such? It was never an issue before, and ping is actually pretty low. Even turning my settings to lowest isn't bringing me back to the numbers I was having which were 40 plus. Happening in PoF maps as well as classic ones too.

@foozlesprite.8051 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Story instance bugged.Got past the part where I lead the delegates out of the summit room. I then had to break a wall and lead people away from the Dragon that was attacking through holes on the walls. I broke open the barrier and was unable to proceed further. There was an orange arrow pointing to where the barrier was and the 4 people were cowering in corners of the room. Couldn’t interact with the people and there was no apparent anything else to do.

Did you use your special action skill? Pops up above your skill bar, is bound to the minus key by default. You use it to target the people and encourage them to come along with you until they get to the orange arrow. It wasn't the most intuitive mechanic, so it may just be that you missed it?

I never saw it. They were running along with me until I was killed, so it didn’t occur to me to look.

Thanks for the tip.

Archived