Cut Scene Episode 4 "Legacy" Epileptic Warning

The cut scene in the episode/instance "Legacy" should come with an epileptic warning. My father had epilepsy and if he just saw though that it would of given him a huge epileptic fit! These fits can be/are life threatening as I have experienced it first hand myself! It was bad enough for my eyes having to endure all that.

This there a way you could impose a message BEFORE that cut scene starts so people can by-pass or maybe perhaps dull down the strobe lighting effects . . . Am just surprised there was no mention of it or warning to health.

Loved the idea behind it . . but please please, for the sake of health could we at least have a warning!!

@"Felicity.9406" said:The cut scene in the episode/instance "Legacy" should come with an epileptic warning. My father had epilepsy and if he just saw though that it would of given him a huge epileptic fit! These fits can be/are life threatening as I have experienced it first hand myself! It was bad enough for my eyes having to endure all that.

This there a way you could impose a message BEFORE that cut scene starts so people can by-pass or maybe perhaps dull down the strobe lighting effects . . . Am just surprised there was no mention of it or warning to health.

Loved the idea behind it . . but please please, for the sake of health could we at least have a warning!!

I'm actually epileptic(though flashing/strobe lights don't give me seizures; I'm light sensitive, bright lights bother me but only give me a headache) and I honestly have no idea what you're talking about(now I'm going to have to replay it again)...I don't even remember a part of Legacy which had that in it...and it must not have been that bad if I didn't even notice it.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@"Felicity.9406" said:The cut scene in the episode/instance "Legacy" should come with an epileptic warning. My father had epilepsy and if he just saw though that it would of given him a huge epileptic fit! These fits can be/are life threatening as I have experienced it first hand myself! It was bad enough for my eyes having to endure all that.

I'm actually epileptic(though flashing/strobe lights don't give me seizures; I'm light sensitive, bright lights bother me but only give me a headache) and I honestly have no idea what you're talking about(now I'm going to have to replay it again)...I don't even remember a part of Legacy which had that in it...and it must not have been that bad if I didn't even notice it.

SEMI SPOILER for those who haven't done it.

I believe it's the part where...

Aurene sees a bunch of possible futures.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

SEMI SPOILER for those who haven't done it.

I believe it's the part where...

Aurene sees a bunch of possible futures.

That part, doesn't really qualify as far as I know on what constitutes something that needs an epileptic seizure warning, those are individual scenes that change relatively slowly and don't contain flares of flashes from spell and weapon, now, all of the white noise you get on screen(which you can now reduce) from boss battles, that's more along the lines of what they're(physicians) are referring to.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:The game itself already comes with a seizure warning.

It's not enough, game is HUGE, one can't always be careful at every single cinematic. The dangerous ones (they're not many, in fact I only remember this one so far) should be advertised.

What's dangerous to one person is not to another. So where do you draw the line? When is it dangerous? That's very personal. Sorry but video games are pretty flashy these days and there's a risk there always.

I get your sentiment but it's just not feasible to draw a line somewhere because as soon as they do, people will hold them responsible for having it either too high or too low.

@Dirk Jan.9534 said:I see more flashes and stuff going on in a random WB fight then I did watching the cutscene. Every game comes with these kinds of warning, there is really no point in repeating that.

Wouldn't it be better that there is a warning so people who actually have issue with this know which individual cinematics they can and can not watch.

Archived