Does anyone else hate relying on healers/support?

mrauls.6519

@"Henry.5713" said:About the quote, an interesting way to read it. Though, not one I agree with. Feels more like they went backwards on that idea. The game used to be easier as far as support roles were concerned. Everyone did their small part of said support but nobody was forced to take the full responsibility. This certainly changed and keeps getting worse. The Fractal support Chronomancer (which is mostly played in combination with a warrior and three full damage dealers) comes to mind. They have absolutely everything pushed on them to allow everyone else to focus on damage dealing (outside of a few minor things).The Chronos build the entire car, set everything up perfectly to allow their team to apply a pretty paint job at the end.

You're agreement on that quote is not necessary, that it is what it is.

So moving along.

Now see, that is what is wrong with the whole role or task based system. In your explanation, everyone ends up waiting on the Chrono, just like in Archaic games like EQ, where invariably everyone ended up waiting on the Cleric. IMHO, there is no worse game design then when you have players waiting on some specific class to enable their game play as opposed to being able to just grab some friends, take whatever you have, and go on an adventure and have some fun.

See role based games are actually counter intuitive to community based games, because at the core of role games, when something goes wrong, they can't help each other, so they end up looking for the someone to blame for the failure.. who did not do their mandatory task like a good little cog!

Now, Originally, GW2 had a great design where you could play whatever class you liked, and could join your friends and go have fun, as everyone took full responsibility for the run, anyone could step in and do whatever needed to get done, needed some support, healing, buffs, DPS, whatever, anyone could handle it for a bit, so unlike role based play where everyone only focuses on their task, it was a team of people all actually working together towards a common goal, and could back each other up as needed, if someone made a mistake, others could step in and carry, recover, and move on. If someone died, the rest of the team was not hapless to continue on and finish the encounter. Which is really what a good team play is about, where no one is stuck waiting on someone else to enable them to keep going.

Which, going back to EQ, which started this whole strict role based classes, if while doing a dungeon crawl, like in lower Guk, for example, if the Cleric or the Enchanter Died, it did not matter what other classes made up the party, you were suddenly at a choice of two, die where you stand, or flee. That was to me, the worst way to build class design that I could have ever thought of. I mean, the whole "Trinity" ideas as it were, was horrible at it's core, it basically meant if anyone single one of them failed, everyone failed. Really? This is what people find fun? Being hapless and helpless if someone else makes a mistake? That is what people think is good team play?

No, Good Team Play, is where we as a team can work together, we can cover for each other, and we can get the job done, that means we can all step up or step in for any role to keep things moving along, to assist each other.

To give an analogy.

Role Based Play is like a Professional Sport Team, where you have a bunch of entertainers that are getting paid to do a specific task, each one basking in their own glory about how well they can do their specific chosen task and the rewards they will reap for doing so. All the wile they never actually need to care about the other members of their team, or what they are doing, since they are myopic in their task, they are powerless to do anything if another team member screws up anyway.

I really don't see the attraction to that kind of game play, but obviously enough people must love this.

Team Play or Team Work, as it were, is like a Military Unit. Yes, they may have a demolitions expert, but everyone else on the team is also trained in Demolitions, just in case they need to step in and handle the situation, or just help the expert out getting things done faster. Equally so, everyone is trained in Combat, Physical, Blade, and Gun. The whole team work in this venture is that each person on that team might excel and be the best at a specific task, all of them are cross trained so that all of them can cover for each other, in case something goes wrong, as such, all of them are looking out for each other and assisting each other as needed.

I for the life of me, cannot fathom why anyone would not want to play that kind of game, which is what GW2 was at first made to be like.

With that said, as odd as this may be, people hated being able to step in and step up to help each other so much, they got the game to become where everyone is now waiting on a chrono and/or druid.

And for the sake of fairness, I sometimes miss the former focus on combo fields and finishers even if I do not dislike how things work now.However, evolution is simply inevitable if we wish to stop anything from stagnating. We'd still be using horse carriages if we had refused to let our system of personal transport evolve. There are many downsides to cars but they still allowed our society to do a huge leap. People might dislike certain changes or features introduced with the expansions but they were ultimately needed to allow the game to evolve.

The thing here that you seem to miss, is that GW2 was an evolution from it's predecessors like EQ and WoW, as such, seeing people want to go back to Role based Classes, is a devolution, it akin to watching angry masses unhappy with their Tesla Roadster and demanding we go back to Horse and Wagons.

I don't get it.. I will never get it.. and I cannot for the life of me see any benefit to what happened to this game. It's a sad tale.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relying on a healer? Yes I must admit I don't like it much, although it does make fights much easier, including certain Raid bosses. But why hate "support"? Even when the game was young, you didn't just take 5-dps. There was always some variety and more than enough support around, stacking might, stealth (for dungeon skips), reflects, condition removal and so on was ALWAYS part of the game.

@"STIHL.2489" said:

I'm not quoting a particular thing you said, because, well, everything you said i can see and feel.

It's the reason I use GW2 as a main (now) or second MMO to play. I play WoW as well. Thats the holy trinity game where you absolutely need a healer or GG. Raiding becomes a second job. It's actually pathetic. I play games to relax and have fun, not work. (which is why i can never be a youtuber. twitch maybe, but not a youtuber). tanking (at least back in B.C. and WotLK) was so exhausting and stressful that it made me quit for 2 years.

GW2 for me is or was so completely different that it became a shining example of, we can be different and still be good. Action based combat, no need for a dedicated healer, when played right all classes should be able to take a hit and keep themselves alive. If you wanted to be a more supportive player, go for it. Sold on the spot. Seriously, I preordered off of what they said they wanted to do for GW2 (it also helped that I played GW1 for a number of years as well lol).

Then they added stand alone raids for like 5% of the player base. Why they did this and not more open world stuff is beyond me. There are 2 wickedly good raiding games out there right now in both FF and WoW. Why the player base cant go back to those is beyond me. GW2 is not those games.

I refuse to raid in this game. I refuse to help it get better. I bash it everytime i get the chance. if i want to raid, I go play WoW, and even then.. what if im not in the mood to raid at 7pm on wednesday? or what if i dont want to play my chrono today (in the case of GW2).

Now that being said, i do like the fact that supportive roles are better off now. It was pointless to have a water based ele with healing gear pre-HoT. I think the player base of any game generally wants "easy mode". I remember the zerker gear craze to speed clear runs pre-hot. and now, people just want to watch t.v. while they play so they need that "back up support" because they arent really playing...

paying attention use to be the most important aspect to this game

@Ralistu.1965 said:

@"STIHL.2489" said:

I'm not quoting a particular thing you said, because, well, everything you said i can see and feel.

It's the reason I use GW2 as a main (now) or second MMO to play. I play WoW as well. Thats the holy trinity game where you absolutely need a healer or GG. Raiding becomes a second job. It's actually pathetic. I play games to relax and have fun, not work. (which is why i can never be a youtuber. twitch maybe, but not a youtuber). tanking (at least back in B.C. and WotLK) was so exhausting and stressful that it made me quit for 2 years.

GW2 for me is or was so completely different that it became a shining example of, we can be different and still be good. Action based combat, no need for a dedicated healer, when played right all classes should be able to take a hit and keep themselves alive. If you wanted to be a more supportive player, go for it. Sold on the spot. Seriously, I preordered off of what they said they wanted to do for GW2 (it also helped that I played GW1 for a number of years as well lol).

Then they added stand alone raids for like 5% of the player base. Why they did this and not more open world stuff is beyond me. There are 2 wickedly good raiding games out there right now in both FF and WoW. Why the player base cant go back to those is beyond me. GW2 is not those games.

I refuse to raid in this game. I refuse to help it get better. I bash it everytime i get the chance. if i want to raid, I go play WoW, and even then.. what if im not in the mood to raid at 7pm on wednesday? or what if i dont want to play my chrono today (in the case of GW2).

Now that being said, i do like the fact that supportive roles are better off now. It was pointless to have a water based ele with healing gear pre-HoT. I think the player base of any game generally wants "easy mode". I remember the zerker gear craze to speed clear runs pre-hot. and now, people just want to watch t.v. while they play so they need that "back up support" because they arent really playing...

Gw2 raids compared to other games is a joke. And there is more than 5% raiders

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

@"STIHL.2489" said:

"are" a joke.

sorry. 10%. there are not as many as you think there is.

@Ralistu.1965 said:

@"STIHL.2489" said:

"are" a joke.

But if they enjoy it like the insane ppl who plays cm t4s why make it hardee

@STIHL.2489 said:

Now, Originally, GW2 had a great design where you could play whatever class you liked, and could join your friends and go have fun, as everyone took full responsibility for the run, anyone could step in and do whatever needed to get done, needed some support, healing, buffs, DPS, whatever, anyone could handle it for a bit, so unlike role based play where everyone only focuses on their task, it was a team of people all actually working together towards a common goal, and could back each other up as needed, if someone made a mistake, others could step in and carry, recover, and move on. If someone died, the rest of the team was not hapless to continue on and finish the encounter. Which is really what a good team play is about, where no one is stuck waiting on someone else to enable them to keep going.

I couldnt disagree more if I tried. Old style gw2 grouped combat was basically 5 people, playing the same content alone, but along-side each other. You could not support or help your teammates at all outside of pressing F if they went down. Support was so useless it basically didnt exist, and if you did try and play a class with supportive based skills, you were laughed out of content. There literally was no 'support,healing or buffs'. Noone was working together, outside of contributing some damage towards reducing the bosses healthpool.

This was a DIRECT result of anets design decision that no class should be required. Because of this, every single encounter had to be able to be completed by every class. Which meant no unique mechanics could be required. The only way to create difficulty was inflate bosses HP pools and give them insta-downing attacks which you needed to dodge. No teamwork needed.

This only began to actually change when the players themselves created a meta and started relying on mesmers for 'support' in the form of knockbacks, timewarp and portals. Still, every other class was just dps and ignore your teammates unless they went down, with only teamwork being relying on them to also do dps. And ofc, since dps was the only thing worth bringing (since encounters required nothing more) 1 class was superior and 1 class only was accepted in pug groups. Warrior.

Players HATED this, and group combat design was classed as a failure. Evidence is that anet disbanded the dungeon team, removed rewards to try and stop players playing that content and never touched it again. They moved instead to raids and, to a lesser extent fractals which require unique skills/abilities which actually gave depth to gw2 combat and made it about teamwork, not just 'who does the highest damage to reduce this giant healthpool'

Either you have encounters that require certain unique skills/abilities, and therefore create a NEED for classes that have those skills. Or you make everything generic and only the best dps classes are accepted, since anything else you bring is worthless.

Id rather have the situation now. Where all elite specs have viable builds. Support based specs are actually useful and teamwork is actually present in the game. Also i my opinion, if you can let your teammate die and finish the enounter without them, thats not really teamplay at all. Thats the opposite. Thats solo carrying.

"are" a joke.

I see you missed the point but continued on anyways. Not once did I mention making it harder. where did you get that from? if you think i want it harder its because the overall player base struggles with dodge mechanics.

GW2 is NOT a raiding game. it wasn't designed as such from the beginning either. The "raids" we did have were all outdoor. ArenaNet could have left it this way, just like dragon strand, but added a couple of more full on meta type maps.

those 10% who enjoy raiding so much should go play a raiding game like I do when i feel a need for it. GW2 is not a raiding game and they made certain things easier because the vocal community like to afk auto-attack farm. They also completely neglected PvP and some aspects of WvW. A lot of people use to use WoW as the raiding game and GW2 as the PvP / WvW game.

you say the raids here are a joke compared to other games. so why are they even here when the mass majority of the player base doesnt even care and would rather have better fixes and updates in other aspect of the game?

"are" a joke.

I see you missed the point but continued on anyways. Not once did I mention making it harder. where did you get that from? if you think i want it harder its because the overall player base struggles with dodge mechanics.

GW2 is NOT a raiding game. it wasn't designed as such from the beginning either. The "raids" we did have were all outdoor. ArenaNet could have left it this way, just like dragon strand, but added a couple of more full on meta type maps.

those 10% who enjoy raiding so much should go play a raiding game like I do when i feel a need for it. GW2 is not a raiding game and they made certain things easier because the vocal community like to afk auto-attack farm. They also completely neglected PvP and some aspects of WvW. A lot of people use to use WoW as the raiding game and GW2 as the PvP / WvW game.

you say the raids here are a joke compared to other games. so why are they even here when the mass majority of the player base doesnt even care and would rather have better fixes and updates in other aspect of the game?

Gw 2 was not a game with mini raids like fractal either yes i call fractals mini raids for its what they are

"are" a joke.

Gw 2 was not a game with mini raids like fractal either yes i call fractals mini raids for its what they are

How are fractals mini raids you can go in with 5 dps and still do any fractal, it will just take longer.Now try to do any raid boss with only dps specs.

"are" a joke.

How are fractals mini raids you can go in with 5 dps and still do any fractal, it will just take longer.Now try to do any raid boss with only dps specs.

Is actually possible. On a lot of bosses atleast.

I hate relying on healers because it does go against one of the reasons i do play this game, i wish they where removed(i know an unpopular opinion). I do however have an appreciation for support classes/specs and wish the "healers" where instead relegated to support duty that didnt force them to be used for things like raids for just healing.

"are" a joke.

The only ones that ive had take longer with 5dps specs where challenge modes, the rest went sooo much faster with just 5 DPS(provided they know how to play).

"are" a joke.

What raid bosses would that be I havent seen one were atleast 1 healer aint taken.

@"Dante.1763" said:I hate relying on healers because it does go against one of the reasons i do play this game, i wish they where removed(i know an unpopular opinion). I do however have an appreciation for support classes/specs and wish the "healers" where instead relegated to support duty that didnt force them to be used for things like raids for just healing.

@Linken.6345 said:How are fractals mini raids you can go in with 5 dps and still do any fractal, it will just take longer.Now try to do any raid boss with only dps specs.

The only ones that ive had take longer with 5dps specs where challenge modes, the rest went sooo much faster with just 5 DPS(provided they know how to play).

Healers as well as tanks to more then just heal and position boss in raids mate.There is a reason why the worst healer is usualy taken over the others.

"are" a joke.

What raid bosses would that be I havent seen one were atleast 1 healer aint taken.

Gors, Sab, MO, samarog, deimos.And during the epibounce Era no druids where taken on speedclears

"are" a joke.

Gors, Sab, MO, samarog, deimos.And during the epibounce Era no druids where taken on speedclears

Guess I havent been in the pro squads then and now when you say it I could see the better players pulling those off.Are 5 out of 18 bosses really enough to call fractals mini raids tho?

"are" a joke.

Guess I havent been in the pro squads then and now when you say it I could see the better players pulling those off.Are 5 out of 18 bosses really enough to call fractals mini raids tho?

We'll I don't think so because they are structured differently (although 100cm absolutely can be called that)

The problem I feel is that people are so used to think in terms of healer dps and tank that most people don't realist that only dps is the "pure" roll we have

@"Ralistu.1965" said:I see you missed the point but continued on anyways. Not once did I mention making it harder. where did you get that from? if you think i want it harder its because the overall player base struggles with dodge mechanics.

What's the problem with raids in GW2 if you don't play or don't like to play them? Even if you think raiders only are 5% of the player base. What does it matter to you in terms of having a heal or support class? The overwhelming majority of the content isn't played by support or heal classes since I haven't heard about the need to play a healer in the living story instances or on the open world maps. Even for festivals like Halloween I don't see any place in which you need to play something special. Almost all content in the game is like "Play How You Want".

Why should people play a different game if they like the aspect of being able to switch modes within a single game? Lots of people like the possibility to do different stuff during their play time. Why should people be forced to invest a huge amount of time to get appropriate gear & stuff in 2 different games which would mean invest more time than absolutely needed? Also, like I mentioned above most of the game was & is still very easy. The introduction of raids have nothing to do with it. It has been like that before and nowadays.PvP and WvW didn't fail because raids got in the game. Both game modes are treated stepmotherly because the company is too small to have enough and qualified staff.Last but not least I doubt that a "lot of people" play both - GW2 and WoW - as it's rather either you like GW2 and don't like WoW or the other way round. Sure, there are some players that do both but that's definitely not the norm.

Even with no raid team the game wouldn't have faster fixes and updates. Your assumption that the raid team bundles resources of other content is wrong and was already declined by Anet. In addition the LS teams are much bigger than the little core raid team and still they need more than 3 months to release a map. With developers it's the same like with cooks: Too many cooks spoil the broth.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@"Henry.5713" said:About the quote, an interesting way to read it. Though, not one I agree with. Feels more like they went backwards on that idea. The game used to be easier as far as support roles were concerned. Everyone did their small part of said support but nobody was forced to take the full responsibility. This certainly changed and keeps getting worse. The Fractal support Chronomancer (which is mostly played in combination with a warrior and three full damage dealers) comes to mind. They have absolutely everything pushed on them to allow everyone else to focus on damage dealing (outside of a few minor things).The Chronos build the entire car, set everything up perfectly to allow their team to apply a pretty paint job at the end.

You're agreement on that quote is not necessary, that it is what it is.

So moving along.

Now see, that is what is wrong with the whole role or task based system. In your explanation, everyone ends up waiting on the Chrono, just like in Archaic games like EQ, where invariably everyone ended up waiting on the Cleric. IMHO, there is no worse game design then when you have players waiting on some specific class to enable their game play as opposed to being able to just grab some friends, take whatever you have, and go on an adventure and have some fun.

See role based games are actually counter intuitive to community based games, because at the core of role games, when something goes wrong,
they can't help each other
, so they end up looking for the someone to blame for the failure..
who did not do their mandatory task like a good little cog
!

Which, going back to EQ, which started this whole strict role based classes, if while doing a dungeon crawl, like in lower Guk, for example, if the Cleric or the Enchanter Died, it did not matter what other classes made up the party, you were suddenly at a choice of two, die where you stand, or flee. That was to me, the worst way to build class design that I could have ever thought of. I mean, the whole "Trinity" ideas as it were, was horrible at it's core, it basically meant if anyone single one of them failed, everyone failed. Really? This is what people find fun? Being hapless and helpless if someone else makes a mistake? That is what people think is good team play?

No, Good Team Play, is where we as a team can work together, we can cover for each other, and we can get the job done, that means we can all step up or step in for any role to keep things moving along, to assist each other.

To give an analogy.

Role Based Play is like a Professional Sport Team, where you have a bunch of entertainers that are getting paid to do a specific task, each one basking in their own glory about how well they can do their specific chosen task and the rewards they will reap for doing so. All the wile they never actually need to care about the other members of their team, or what they are doing, since they are myopic in their task, they are powerless to do anything if another team member screws up anyway.

I really don't see the attraction to that kind of game play, but
obviously enough people must love this

Team Play or Team Work, as it were, is like a Military Unit. Yes, they may have a demolitions expert, but everyone else on the team is also trained in Demolitions, just in case they need to step in and handle the situation, or just help the expert out getting things done faster. Equally so, everyone is trained in Combat, Physical, Blade, and Gun. The whole team work in this venture is that each person on that team might excel and be the best at a specific task,
all of them are cross trained
so that all of them can cover for each other, in case something goes wrong, as such, all of them are looking out for each other and assisting each other as needed.

I for the life of me, cannot fathom why anyone would
not
want to play that kind of game, which is what GW2 was at first made to be like.

With that said, as odd as this may be, people hated being able to step in and step up to help each other so much, they got the game to become where everyone is now waiting on a chrono and/or druid.

And for the sake of fairness, I sometimes miss the former focus on combo fields and finishers even if I do not dislike how things work now.However, evolution is simply inevitable if we wish to stop anything from stagnating. We'd still be using horse carriages if we had refused to let our system of personal transport evolve. There are many downsides to cars but they still allowed our society to do a huge leap. People might dislike certain changes or features introduced with the expansions but they were ultimately needed to allow the game to evolve.

The thing here that you seem to miss, is that GW2 was an evolution from it's predecessors like EQ and WoW, as such, seeing people want to go back to Role based Classes, is a devolution, it akin to watching angry masses unhappy with their Tesla Roadster and demanding we go back to Horse and Wagons.

I don't get it.. I will never get it.. and I cannot for the life of me see any benefit to what happened to this game. It's a sad tale.

Never said my agreement, or yours for that matter, is in any way required for anything. You still don't have it either way.

The game of analogies...GW2 hardly devolved back to horses and carriages. They simply decided to move away from their previous idea of only allowing electric cars which turned to be a little too impractical and rather restrictive. The only races those cars were able to compete in ended up being boring and stale.The game, if anything, is using plug-in hybrids now. Not the most futuristic but certainly not completely outdated. Those hybrids even went through a lot of further polishing and upgrading to provide an all around pleasing driving experience.

Anyways, I am done with agreeing to disagree here.

• 2 weeks later...

@zombyturtle.5980 said:

@"STIHL.2489" said:

I couldnt disagree more if I tried. Old style gw2 grouped combat was basically 5 people, playing the same content alone, but along-side each other. You could not support or help your teammates at all outside of pressing F if they went down. Support was so useless it basically didnt exist, and if you did try and play a class with supportive based skills, you were laughed out of content. There literally was no 'support,healing or buffs'. Noone was working together, outside of contributing some damage towards reducing the bosses healthpool.

I see the problem now, you never learned how to play as a team, so much so, when you were not given a static role or task to do, you, and yours, could not figure out how to work as a together with what you had. Which is explains when given the chance to be able to work together in a new way you could not figure it out, and instead opted to all pick the same static role and cry that the game was boring. This was a fault on your part, not with the game itself.

See, Group Abilities and Dynamic existed in GW2, and those of us who understood this, had a totally different experience with grouping and dungeon running in GW2 as Anet had put in a very complex and dynamic grouping features that worked on many levels, if and only if you took the time to learn them. Case in point, I remember my first explorer dungeon run (and I wager like many others before and after me) was in Ascalon Catacombs, where we all met Lieutenant Kholer for the first time.

Kholer had this ability where he would pull people in and do a spin attack, I would hold my "Stand your Ground" shout till he made the choreographed opening move, and give stability to the group so he would not pull us all in, and thus not down us. We would jump back out of his range, and I would follow that up with a Light Field, which other players would use with finishers to cleanse, or someone would drop a water field so we could regenerate as we attacked him.. and swiftly Kholer was a fast take down, IF you knew how to work as a group.

In fact, using those basic tactics of group play,from simple group buffs to fields and finishers, most dungeons and fractals were very easy, with any combo of classes or builds, it's all about knowing how to play together and knowing your classes abilities.

When I ended up with people like yourself for example, that only knew how to work together by hitting F is someone was downed and otherwise was just a DPS player, we often ended up needing to call the cave troll.

But thanks.. I see through your own admittance that the original grouping system and team work design was in fact too complex for a player like yourself, and that you needed to regress back to some stone age system or roles to be able to do anything for your team mates.

Maybe the next game that comes out, the players themselves will have advanced enough to be able to do more then a monothematic task.

But thanks, now I understand why so many players needed roles, as they could not think outside doing a single role, I will never embrace that kind of play, and I still think it is an abomination to MMO's in general to implement such designs and make up, it may have worked back in the day of single player games, where we built a group and everyone had to do a set function, but it simply bad design for something as complex as an MMO can be.. but again.. games are as limited as their players it seems.

@STIHL.2489 said:

I see the problem now, you never learned how to play as a team, so much so, when you were not given a static role or task to do, you, and yours, could not figure out how to work as a together with what you had. Which is explains when given the chance to be able to work together in a new way you could not figure it out, and instead opted to all pick the same static role and cry that the game was boring. This was a fault on your part, not with the game itself.

See, Group Abilities and Dynamic existed in GW2, and those of us who understood this, had a totally different experience with grouping and dungeon running in GW2 as Anet had put in a very complex and dynamic grouping features that worked on many levels,
if and only if you took the time to learn them
. Case in point, I remember my first explorer dungeon run (and I wager like many others before and after me) was in Ascalon Catacombs, where we all met Lieutenant Kholer for the first time.

Kholer had this ability where he would pull people in and do a spin attack, I would hold my "Stand your Ground" shout till he made the choreographed opening move, and give stability to the group so he would not pull us all in, and thus not down us. We would jump back out of his range, and I would follow that up with a Light Field, which other players would use with finishers to cleanse, or someone would drop a water field so we could regenerate as we attacked him.. and swiftly Kholer was a fast take down, IF you knew how to work as a group.

In fact, using those basic tactics of group play,from simple group buffs to fields and finishers, most dungeons and fractals were very easy, with any combo of classes or builds, it's all about knowing how to play together and knowing your classes abilities.

When I ended up with people like yourself for example, that only knew how to work together by hitting F is someone was downed and otherwise was just a DPS player, we often ended up needing to call the cave troll.

But thanks.. I see through your own admittance that the original grouping system and team work design was in fact too complex for a player like yourself, and that you needed to regress back to some stone age system or roles to be able to do anything for your team mates.

Maybe the next game that comes out, the players themselves will have advanced enough to be able to do more then a monothematic task.

But thanks, now I understand why so many players needed roles, as they could not think outside doing a single role, I will never embrace that kind of play, and I still think it is an abomination to MMO's in general to implement such designs and make up, it may have worked back in the day of single player games, where we built a group and everyone had to do a set function, but it simply bad design for something as complex as an MMO can be.. but again.. games are as limited as their players it seems.

Wow lol im amazed you could possibly be so rude and make so many assumptions about me. For what its worth you are totally wrong but with that attitude you obviously arent going to listen. Glad you posted this so everyone can see what kind of person you are.

@zombyturtle.5980 said:

See, Group Abilities and Dynamic existed in GW2, and those of us who understood this, had a totally different experience with grouping and dungeon running in GW2 as Anet had put in a very complex and dynamic grouping features that worked on many levels,
if and only if you took the time to learn them
. Case in point, I remember my first explorer dungeon run (and I wager like many others before and after me) was in Ascalon Catacombs, where we all met Lieutenant Kholer for the first time.

Wow lol im amazed you could possibly be so rude and make so many assumptions about me. For what its worth you are totally wrong but with that attitude you obviously arent going to listen. Glad you posted this so everyone can see what kind of person you are.

I have no idea what you are talking about, I made no assumptions at all. After all this is what you said.. I even quoted it.

@zombyturtle.5980 said:I couldnt disagree more if I tried. Old style gw2 grouped combat was basically 5 people, playing the same content alone, but along-side each other. You could not support or help your teammates at all outside of pressing F if they went down. Support was so useless it basically didnt exist, and if you did try and play a class with supportive based skills, you were laughed out of content. There literally was no 'support,healing or buffs'. Noone was working together, outside of contributing some damage towards reducing the bosses healthpool.

So I am going to quote it again, and you can tell me how you meant this some other way then how I took it.

Archived