Heart of Thorns Hero Challenges

Adul.1520

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Kal Spiro.9745" said:When are you playing? I've seen no indications to support this assertion.

I can attest that when i can play, outside of the weekends i have had tons of issues getting people to help with hero points. (east coast time US, from around 3pm-6 pm), and even on the weekends i usually end up begging for help in guild chat due to lack of response on map. Honestly i see no reason why the couldnt just ahve them scale down to elites or veterans.

I was in game and found this in LFG, thought it might interest you.x8BGvW0.jpg

I'm a very casual player—my skill level probably just below average, I suspect. And I do an awful lot of HPs in HoT (I'm also an alt-aholic). What works for me is this: I know which ones are doable without help and I start on those. I keep an eye out for requests for help and jump on those when they show up in map chat. For the Guano HP, I do the Wyvern and then glide straight over to the HP....about half the time there is a group there doing it. Using this method, I can typically get all but one or two with no problems. The two most problematic are the one down near the WP just before Auric Basin and the Guano one. Most of the time, when I post a call for help in chat, I get good response. It's not foolproof, but it works most of the time for me.

As an aside, I also see frequent HP trains in VB, Auric Basin, and Tangled Depths.

Personally I think all Hero Point challenges should just scale to the amount of players around it, as I think it unreasonable to have to deal with Champions just to get map completion. That said, I've been playing since Feb 2018, and I have map completion on VB and AB on 5 different characters (TD and DS can go DIAF). None of which was done solo of course, but either a few guild members helped me or I happened upon other players also wanting to complete these challenges.

GW2 has to be one of the most accessible communities as far as getting help in game for open world stuff. It might be inconvenient to have to get others to help you, but in GW2 it's far easier than other titles.

I am surprised by OP statement. I have a different experience. At times I am going into the maps, there are trains doing HPs and that in all HoT areas. Such trains are especially active over the weekend. Also, if I call for help in map chat, I generally get support rapidly, and that at any times.

I believe that it is probably more a matter of timing. @OP, have you tried at different hours?

For information: In WvW, it it possible to buy HoT HPs with proofs/testimonies of heroics. Of course, no big satisfaction to get it done that way, but that's an alternative. :3

Oh "Big Mez".Thats commander is awesome, also as "HP Train" tag, yes, she/he names the toon "HP train".Problem is the OP was online at the wrong time and wrong day. Prolly because OP's schedule and life.I would suggest OP to do PoF HPs 1st, get all of them and then only need to do 10 HoT HPs which should be easier for OP. 7 Easy HPs from Dragon Stand. you work out the rest

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:When are you playing? I've seen no indications to support this assertion.

I can attest that when i can play, outside of the weekends i have had tons of issues getting people to help with hero points. (east coast time US, from around 3pm-6 pm), and even on the weekends i usually end up begging for help in guild chat due to lack of response on map. Honestly i see no reason why the couldnt just ahve them scale down to elites or veterans.

That's the problem alright. activity doesn't pick up until 6PM EST, you're leaving before people are even showing up

I just had a character in VB yesterday between 2-4 EST (NA) and had zero issues getting HPs done, Same for AB. I watch the event timer to find what I consider higher volume tImes and call out when I need help. There are always at least 2 willing to help or someone already at the challenge etc. Any time I got to those maps I just try to taxi to a busier map if mine is quiet.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Adul.1520" said:That's the thing, though. I don't want to sit there staring at the LFG tool for long periods of time in order to do map completion. Map completion has always been a comfortably soloable task in
all
of GW2
except
in HoT. Why? It's just an annoyance to deal with when I'm trying to get things done. I've already done all the hero challenges in HoT on like 12 of 19 characters, and it was annoying every single time. But it's definitely worse now.

And sure, maybe it's the new episode, but that's no excuse. This is only going to get worse over time as the game grows in territory and the population of old maps gets smaller.

All you will get from people on the forums is "Well, i dont have problems doing it cause when im playing there are groups running it." So....

I run it all hours of the day and night, often with different guildies. 90% of the hero points in HoT can be done with 2-3 people. In fact, only Balthazar and The Baby mushroom requires more than 3. Well and the ones at the end of DS which of course, are easy to get.

Pop even a mentor tag, call it out in map chat, wait a couple of minutes. If I haven't done it a dozen times in the last couple of months I wouldn't bother replying.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@"Adul.1520" said:That's the thing, though. I don't want to sit there staring at the LFG tool for long periods of time in order to do map completion. Map completion has always been a comfortably soloable task in
all
of GW2
except
in HoT. Why? It's just an annoyance to deal with when I'm trying to get things done. I've already done all the hero challenges in HoT on like 12 of 19 characters, and it was annoying every single time. But it's definitely worse now.

And sure, maybe it's the new episode, but that's no excuse. This is only going to get worse over time as the game grows in territory and the population of old maps gets smaller.

All you will get from people on the forums is "Well, i dont have problems doing it cause when im playing there are groups running it." So....

I run it all hours of the day and night, often with different guildies. 90% of the hero points in HoT can be done with 2-3 people. In fact, only Balthazar and The Baby mushroom requires more than 3. Well and the ones at the end of DS which of course, are easy to get.

Pop even a mentor tag, call it out in map chat, wait a couple of minutes. If I haven't done it a dozen times in the last couple of months I wouldn't bother replying.

If you make at least one of the people a thief Balthazar never requires more than 2. Coincidentally also applies to the one at the temple in Straits of Devastation.

It also drops the amount of skill required to the floor.

Archived