Holiday mounts pack missing the beetle

Tony.8659

@Palador.2170 said:And just how are they supposed to make a beetle for the Spooky Mount skins theme?

It's a bug. It has no bones, just the outer shell. You can't paint the skeleton on it, it doesn't have one. If you tried, it would wind up all one color.

You haven't seen either of the beetle skins, have you? Not talking about the 2k gem one. You can easily paint a skull on it and give that skull, the feelers + face a glow effect and it would look fantastic.

That said: They don't want people who don't have episode 3 to feel bad if they buy a mount skin pack. Similar to how they may feel bad for unlocking all those griffon skins without actually owning it (yet).

Putting the beetle in mount packs might get awkward since you'd then have an item that does absolutely nothing unless you have a specific chapter of living world. For other mounts like the griffon, you might not have them yet, but they're always available to you if you have PoF. The beetle needs an extra purchase to even be an option.

Maybe sometime before wintersday we'll get an all-beetle mount pack with spooky, cozy, branded, awakened, and exo-suit beetles.

@"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:Putting the beetle in mount packs might get awkward since you'd then have an item that does absolutely nothing unless you have a specific chapter of living world. For other mounts like the griffon, you might not have them yet, but they're always available to you if you have PoF. The beetle needs an extra purchase to even be an option.

They already started adding new beetle skins with the last gem store Mount Adoption License

In fact it was weighted more towards getting Beetle skins (4 Beetle, 3 Griffon, just 2 of each of the rest), a trend I expect will continue until the numbers of each mount skin type available are more balanced between the different types.

• ArenaNet Staff

When we rolled out (pun intended ;) ) the roller beetle, we let players know we would not be adding skins to the existing mount skin packs. It remains to be seen how mount skin packs will be configured in the future, but rest assured we will offer mount skins for the roller beetle in the future.

@Vallune.8150 said:

@"Palador.2170" said:And just how are they supposed to make a beetle for the Spooky Mount skins theme?

It's a bug. It has no bones, just the outer shell. You can't paint the skeleton on it, it doesn't have one. If you tried, it would wind up all one color.

They managed just fine with the Skimmer, which probably doesn't have bones either as it has a design based on a manta ray. If you look at the Spooky Skimmer it's more of a pattern following the general theme than a defined mapping out of any bone structure.Or if you really want your bone pattern, they could base the Spooky skin on the Tremor Armadillo skin for roller beetle - that would definitely have bones. :)

I'm hopeful that the sets will get filled out someway or another. Maybe they will just gradually add the missing skins to future mount adoption licenses, so we can fill out the sets over time in a similar way that the Primeval and Star sets haven't all been released together.

Rays have a skeleton, it's just made of cartilage and pretty closely follows their outer shape, including the 'wings'.6ViaPYlh.jpg

But yeah, it's nothing like the pattern painted on the spooky skimmer.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:When we rolled out (pun intended ;) ) the roller beetle, we let players know we would not be adding skins to the existing mount skin packs. It remains to be seen how mount skin packs will be configured in the future, but rest assured we will offer mount skins for the roller beetle in the future.

How about asking your artist to do one of each rollerbeetle skin and sell it for 320 limited time then 400 a pop to the ones who have the mount packs?Got the 320 from dividing the 1600 limited time mount packs with the 5 mounts they contained.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:When we rolled out (pun intended ;) ) the roller beetle, we let players know we would not be adding skins to the existing mount skin packs. It remains to be seen how mount skin packs will be configured in the future, but rest assured we will offer mount skins for the roller beetle in the future.

How about asking your artist to do one of each rollerbeetle skin and sell it for 320 limited time then 400 a pop to the ones who have the mount packs?Got the 320 from dividing the 1600 limited time mount packs with the 5 mounts they contained.

I can't imagine that we will ever see any 320-gem or even 400-gem MountFits that aren't RNG. ANet's been shifting the gem shop offerings from lots of cheaper items to fewer, more expensive ones. Their research shows that generates more cash in the long run. (Which is consistent with trends and histories of other industries.) Thus, 2000 premium MountFits, 1200 "select" skins, & packages of 5 for 2k (1600 discount). What seems more likely is that ANet will wait until there are 3-4 Mounts beyond the original five and sell packages with comparable themed skins. (The designers might already be working on the rollerbeetle designs for the existing themes.)

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:When we rolled out (pun intended ;) ) the roller beetle, we let players know we would not be adding skins to the existing mount skin packs. It remains to be seen how mount skin packs will be configured in the future, but rest assured we will offer mount skins for the roller beetle in the future.

and in the process, anyone who bought the mount packs for theme characters now has a useless mount.i will never ever use it unless i can get the exo armor on it, i find 2K gems quite expensive for just 5 skins so adding one extra that is, in fact, missing would ament this expensive problem.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Dedicant.6820" said:I've never been happier to have not purchased something. Would have bothered me having the beetle and any future mounts missing from a set.

How does that make any sense? You get what you paid for...

Would be happy to buy the other versions if they never come though all I said was I'm happy to have purchased single mounts rather than have matching sets that will never be fully matching, but put words in my mouth sure :)

Archived