Guild Wars 2: Henchmen?

I would love to be able to recruit henchmen in towns in my party especially to help me with storyline quests - these are quite difficult in the pof expansion. I had a hard time doing the last few quests alone. It's difficult to get teammates in gw2 in my opinion, as everyone's busy with their own solo activities, unless you enjoy fractals etc.

Please bring back Henchmen.

But most enemies are already weak enough to die just by your presence. And no, that's no exaggeration. You can actually kill a lot of enemies with passive auras and AoEs.Henchman will trivialize what little input players still have to put in during story instances.Please don't make this game anymore of a joke than it already is, pretty please

@Ayakaru.6583 said:But most enemies are already weak enough to die just by your presence. And no, that's no exaggeration. You can actually kill a lot of enemies with passive auras and AoEs.Henchman will trivialize what little input players still have to put in during story instances.Please don't make this game anymore of a joke than it already is, pretty please

Difficulty is perspective. What you think easy might be very hard for others

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:But most enemies are already weak enough to die just by your presence. And no, that's no exaggeration. You can actually kill a lot of enemies with passive auras and AoEs.Henchman will trivialize what little input players still have to put in during story instances.Please don't make this game anymore of a joke than it already is, pretty please

You already have "henchmen" in most story instances, generally one or more members of either Destiny's Edge/Dragon's Watch.

Personally, I'd like it if a future expansion was designed (and balanced) around the idea of you choosing allies to bring into the instances with you. It would allow you to pick a team to bring into those story instances and allow you to customise their skills, weapons and tactics.

Weekly challenges could be an interesting way of bringing longevity to the story, complete the final encounter bringing only "Loincloth Faren" without him or you being defeated, that kind of thing.

Could also be an interesting new avenue for fashion wars. Gathering armour and equipment for heroes was fun in GW1.

Tbh I never liked the Henchmen system in Gw1.. for the most part I found them quite useless XDThe Hero system however was just amazing, loved it ^^

That said Gw2 already has Henchmen to some degree.. Most story missions feature NPC allies.. they're just kinda useless and sometimes buggy (not reviving when they should etc).For the most part i've not had that much trouble with the story overall, couple of harder missions here and there and a few tough achievements but overall the story content isn't difficult imo.

My guess is that you are probably running a typical glass canon melee character and you're getting overwhelmed.This is not a playstyle I personally care for in all honesty.. I much prefer to keep glass stats on characters that mostly or at least partly have a ranged weapon.Any Melee character I create always has some level of tankyness to them.. whether that be toughness & vitality stats, protection spam or some kind of lifesteal/regen sustain or typically a mix of that.

There's usually something you can do to add a fair bit of survivability to your character without sacrificing too much damage.For example I've got a Soldier stat Minion Master which deals more than enough overall damage (me+many minions+lots o lifesteal) to get by while being virtually unkillable.A Glass canon Ranger that mains Longbow and runs spirits with protection spam thus giving him a lot of damage reduction survivability.A Greatsword focused Necro/Reaper with a mix of Marauder & Valkyrie stats focusing on Power, Vitality and Ferocity mostly with a bit of Precision.. The end result is while in Reaper shroud it has 1600 ferocity and with 25 stacks of sigil precision as well as fury I have over 95% crit chance.. and if I buff vitality with food i've just over 30K health to boot.It hits much harder than most of my builds while retaining quite a lot of survivability.. specially when other factors come into play like enemy health below 50% and enemy chilled I get lots of damage boosts then ^^ definitely one of my favorites builds so far.

There's many ways you can build for survivability.. take some time to go through your traits, skills and check out various runes and sigls and pick what compliments everything best.The build system is really easy to get used to for most classes (I still don't get Revenant and Mesmer myself tbh) Hopefully you'll be able to find something that works out for you, and if not just keep a good range weapon around.. that'll usually be enough.

While they would be nice for things like dungeons (which have sort of fallen out of favor), the problem is that some of them need some degree of coordination (the heroes picking up barrels in CM and placing them in correct spot, etc), which would probably be next to impossible with heroes/henchmen. So if they were added, then there would be the follow up request that those maps need to be changed, etc.Also, the AI for the current henchmen seems pretty poor, so there would likely need to be a bit of work there. In comparison, GW1 sort of required decent henchmen support, so more effort was likely spent in that game for them to play reasonably well.

Archived