WvW Roaming Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeef :)

sinsrock.1702

@"NuhDah.9812" said:Well, guess someone above said they want to see you being defeated tooThat was me. I don't necessarily want to see him defeated. My comment was aimed at both videos linked earlier in the thread. Both videos claimed that thieves are weak. My point was that two videos showing nothing but thief victories does not support the "thief is weak" argument.

I guess my advice would be to choose the "point" of your video and use content that supports your point. If you want to make a "thief is weak" video, use content that demonstrates that. If you want to make a roaming video showcasing your victories, don't put "thief is weak" on the video.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"sinsrock.1702" said:also I think this thread got off topic :P I was mainly looking for input on my video and what I can do to make better content XD GW2 is a pretty old game at this point and im new to the scene so the "nothing new to see here" comments don't really help me with trying to make my content better, im looking to make something entertaining and fun to watch so I make what I think looks fun the above audience doesn't seem to think this haha, SO I would definitely like some input on my video itself and what to do to make it better :) I know there are better creators and more established ones, im just trying to branch out and learn without being called a "copycat" hence why my build is different from the others, my build isn't meant to just 1shot its meant to get the most on the initial burst of backstab as I can, when dead eyes run zerk armor then its easy to 1shot them, anyone have a better utility skill? feel free to leave me comments :) I noticed my video has more thumbs down then thumbs up :/ let me know what to do! my content is my hard work Thanks in advance to everyone here :)

Well, guess someone above said they want to see you being defeated too, I don't know, maybe accompanied with some commentary about what was your mistake, i would presume. As for me, since you seem to have the skill to do it, I'd suggest you posting some real fights, against people who at least react and fight back, without the backpedaling and afk. I know that might be a bit hard with your build that is more meant to "1shot" & finish the job quickly or die, and I also know the scenes where you nuke someone have the most impact, but I'm sure you'd be able to find some more balanced encounters.

Or you could go the opposite way for all-out meme and add some funny and trollish effects over the fights, lol. Add a story, create some drama.

I for example wouldnt be for that last approach, memeing on ppl that just play the game for fun and might not understand what they are doing yet is basically just mocking them and making them feel bad, better to try to find worthy opponents and try to commentate on why and when you did what, maybe slow down the videos to make certain fast combos easier to follow for newer players.

Yeah, I know some people are more sensitive than others when it comes to trolling and stuff like that, but I wasn't advising him on how to make morally sound videos or something that I specifically like. I only gave some examples of what would probably get more people to watch OP's vids... and statistically (not morally) speaking, people "love" drama, so I added it as a potential direction for a build of the sort he uses.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@"NuhDah.9812" said:Well, guess someone above said they want to see you being defeated tooThat was me. I don't necessarily want to see him defeated. My comment was aimed at both videos linked earlier in the thread. Both videos claimed that thieves are weak. My point was that two videos showing nothing but thief victories does not support the "thief is weak" argument.

I guess my advice would be to choose the "point" of your video and use content that supports your point. If you want to make a "thief is weak" video, use content that demonstrates that. If you want to make a roaming video showcasing your victories, don't put "thief is weak" on the video.

i kind of thought that's what I was doing when putting "but the players remain strong" but your definitely right if im even remotely claiming the class is weak I shouldn't show all victories, I had plenty of losses that day but didn't really feel any of them where worth putting in, I found quickly in WvW most ppl don't care if your dueling and a zerg will still steam roll you XD ! ty for the input ! ill take this into note for my next video :)

@Turk.5460 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:The exception are if you are a mesmer (heavy countered by thief)

This is not true vs. condi and hybrid mirages in WvW. You will be hard pressed to find a roaming Mesmer or Chronomancer these days.

I can absolutely agree with this, Mesmer is definitely having a great time in any form of pvp atm :P I do always try to fight them tho, I think learning them is important I have a friend who plays a condi mes with the mantra healing skill its so hard for me I have yet to beat them no matter what I do, if anyone has any tips they are greatly accepted :D

@Turk.5460 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:The exception are if you are a mesmer (heavy countered by thief)

This is not true vs. condi and hybrid mirages in WvW. You will be hard pressed to find a roaming Mesmer or Chronomancer these days.

Man if you can't kill mirage (both power or condi) you are just a trash thief, power is easy mode to kill because it has zero toughness, condi needs more time but it's 100% in favour of the thief, especially core, but daredevil can do a 100-0 as well.If you miss your steals on mirage you are a bad thief and need to practice more.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Man if you can't kill mirage (both power or condi) you are just a trash thief, power is easy mode to kill because it has zero toughness, condi needs more time but it's 100% in favour of the thief, especially core, but daredevil can do a 100-0 as well.If you miss your steals on mirage you are a bad thief and need to practice more.

You must not have encountered any good Mirages players. Boy are you in for a rude awakening.

@Turk.5460 said:

You must not have encountered any good Mirages players. Boy are you in for a rude awakening.

You must not have encountered any good Thief player.This is the basic of the game seriously, any thief who loses to mirage can't call himself a good thief.

Practice more how to 100% land steals on mirages (pro tip: watch their boonbar when superspeed ends and no distortion icons are there), and you will be in for a surprise awakening dude, get good first.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

You must not have encountered any good Thief player.This is the basic of the game seriously, any thief who loses to mirage can't call himself a good thief.

Practice more how to 100% land steals on mirages (pro tip: watch their boonbar when superspeed ends and no distortion icons are there), and you will be in for a surprise awakening dude, get good first.Aw come on, some of them arent bad, they're just... overly flashy. In all the wrong ways.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Practice more how to 100% land steals on mirages (pro tip: watch their boonbar when superspeed ends and no distortion icons are there), and you will be in for a surprise awakening dude, get good first.Aw come on, some of them arent bad, they're just... overly flashy. In all the wrong ways.

Deadeye if he plays (camp) rifle he cannot ever win against a mirage, especially if the mirage uses the reflect trait, unless he plays the bullshit condi rifle deadeye.

But if the deadeye plays DP as main and you are just walking and get a 15k backstab with zero tells nothing you can do even if it doesn't oneshot you.

But I was referring mainly to core thiefs and daredevils, they have the easiest match up against any mesmer build, chrono, condi, power mirage, anything, if they are half decent at landing steals and dodge correctly they cannot lose.

Same as condi mirage should always beat a power herald, not matter how the rev is good, equal skill the herald never wins.

Or Dh owning thieves, it's just the basis of counter professions, but those guys seems not to understand.

Of course if you are a bad thief who steal into mirage clock or distortion you can't complain you got beaten.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Practice more how to 100% land steals on mirages (pro tip: watch their boonbar when superspeed ends and no distortion icons are there), and you will be in for a surprise awakening dude, get good first.

You must be playing on the off hours where none of the competent players are about. Either that or you just haven't spent enough time in the borderlands to encounter any of the good players. Condi and Hybrid Mirage vs. Daredevil heavily favors the Mirage. Condi Mirage vs. Core S/D Thief slightly favors the Core S/D Thief. Hybrid Mirage vs. Core S/D Thief favors the Hybrid Mirage. This is not opinion, its fact based on game mechanics and available utilities/class skills.

The only thing that changes the outcome of these fights is individual player skill. Thus, if you are consistently beating Condi/Hybrid Mirages as a Daredevil, then you are performing far better than the Mirages. If those same Mirage players were on an equal skill footing as you, then you would not be consistently winning, quite the opposite.

@Turk.5460 said:

You must be playing on the off hours where none of the competent players are about. Either that or you just haven't spent enough time in the borderlands to encounter any of the good players. Condi
and
Hybrid Mirage vs. Daredevil heavily favors the Mirage. Condi Mirage vs. Core S/D Thief slightly favors the Core S/D Thief. Hybrid Mirage vs. Core S/D Thief favors the Hybrid Mirage. This is not opinion, its fact based on game mechanics and available utilities/class skills.

The only thing that changes the outcome of these fights is individual player skill. Thus, if you are consistently beating Condi/Hybrid Mirages as a Daredevil, then you are performing far better than the Mirages. If those same Mirage players were on an equal skill footing as you, then you would not be consistently winning, quite the opposite.

No my friend.If you are a good thief and land all your steals, double plasma is easy mode to win against mesmers, any build.Power full zerk run with 16khp, dodge the burst and you oneshot the mirage no problem, hybrid kinda the same story, full condi is way tankier, but you can 100-0 if play correctly.I know core and dd got nerfed quite a bit in all the latest patches, but still mesmer the profession you counter as a thief, end of the story, if you lose it's because you are bad, you don't know how to steal or dodge the burst. That's all.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

You must be playing on the off hours where none of the competent players are about. Either that or you just haven't spent enough time in the borderlands to encounter any of the good players. Condi
and
Hybrid Mirage vs. Daredevil heavily favors the Mirage. Condi Mirage vs. Core S/D Thief slightly favors the Core S/D Thief. Hybrid Mirage vs. Core S/D Thief favors the Hybrid Mirage. This is not opinion, its fact based on game mechanics and available utilities/class skills.

No my friend.If you are a good thief and land all your steals, double plasma is easy mode to win against mesmers, any build.Power full zerk run with 16khp, dodge the burst and you oneshot the mirage no problem, hybrid kinda the same story, full condi is way tankier, but you can 100-0 if play correctly.I know core and dd got nerfed quite a bit in all the latest patches, but still mesmer the profession you counter as a thief, end of the story, if you lose it's because you are bad, you don't know how to steal or dodge the burst. That's all.Against a full zerker mesmer maybe, hybrid not so much.

Dont get me wrong, I consider a good dagger thief to be a major threat but even with pre-patch plasma you can give them a match and yes, win even though they are good. Your argument "if you loose it's because you're bad" is silly and would still apply when two legendary tier PvPers engage each other - one of them is gonna win. It doesnt make the looser bad. Especially not when both classes have the capability to 100-0 the other without getting touched, if catching the other by surprise.

@"whoknocks.4935" said:Power full zerk run with 16khp, dodge the burst and you oneshot the mirage no problem,Here's the proof you haven't found any competent Mirages. Roaming full zerk is not something a good player does. On top of that, the exact same thing you said can be turned around and applied from the Mirage's perspective. Dodge Thief burst, one shot the Thief. Hmm...hybrid kinda the same storyNo, it's not. Not even slightly. Hybrid Mirage burst and condi application is nowhere near the same type of play as power Mirage.full condi is way tankier, but you can 100-0 if play correctly.Really? You can 100-0 a medium-hp pool profession in full Trailblazer gear? No. You can't and you don't. A full zerk 1malice DE backstab with AS activated only does 12k against a Mirage in TB gear, Daredevil would most definitely be a few thousand points below that. Perhaps if they stood still and did not press their dodge key (which they can use while stunned) you can kill them in a backstab and 2 auto chains. That's hardly "100-0" and again, it requires them to be afk.

Perhaps it only seems that way because your party is carrying you?

@Turk.5460 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:Power full zerk run with 16khp, dodge the burst and you oneshot the mirage no problem,Here's the proof you haven't found any competent Mirages. Roaming full zerk is not something a good player does. On top of that, the
exact same thing
you said can be turned around and applied from the Mirage's perspective. Dodge Thief burst, one shot the Thief. Hmm...hybrid kinda the same storyNo, it's not. Not even slightly. Hybrid Mirage burst and condi application is nowhere near the same type of play as power Mirage.full condi is way tankier, but you can 100-0 if play correctly.Really? You can 100-0 a medium-hp pool profession in full Trailblazer gear? No. You can't and you don't. A full zerk 1malice DE backstab
with AS activated
only does 12k against a Mirage in TB gear, Daredevil would most definitely be a few thousand points below that. Perhaps if they stood still and did not press their dodge key (which they can use while stunned) you can kill them in a backstab and 2 auto chains. That's hardly "100-0" and again, it requires them to be afk.

My party? I only solo roam, and with my mirage when i find a competent thief he completely obliterates me, when I find a bad thief and I bair their steal they have no changes, but really good thief outplay me so hard they stay almost 100% health all fight.

Go watch again the video of Noody when he talks about thief against every single profession, he is a crazy good thief for years and years, wanna know better than him?

Go minute 5 and 25 seconds.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Power full zerk run with 16khp, dodge the burst and you oneshot the mirage no problem,Here's the proof you haven't found any competent Mirages. Roaming full zerk is not something a good player does. On top of that, the
exact same thing
you said can be turned around and applied from the Mirage's perspective. Dodge Thief burst, one shot the Thief. Hmm...hybrid kinda the same storyNo, it's not. Not even slightly. Hybrid Mirage burst and condi application is nowhere near the same type of play as power Mirage.full condi is way tankier, but you can 100-0 if play correctly.Really? You can 100-0 a medium-hp pool profession in full Trailblazer gear? No. You can't and you don't. A full zerk 1malice DE backstab
with AS activated
only does 12k against a Mirage in TB gear, Daredevil would most definitely be a few thousand points below that. Perhaps if they stood still and did not press their dodge key (which they can use while stunned) you can kill them in a backstab and 2 auto chains. That's hardly "100-0" and again, it requires them to be afk.

My party? I only solo roam, and with my mirage when i find a competent thief he completely obliterates me, when I find a bad thief and I bair their steal they have no changes, but really good thief outplay me so hard they stay almost 100% health all fight.

Go watch again the video of Noody when he talks about thief against every single profession, he is a crazy good thief for years and years, wanna know better than him?

Someone who makes montage videos doesn't make them an authority. I've never heard of this person, but I thought I'd skip to the part you pointed out anway...it shows that his opinion is that Thieves should lose against Elementalists and Engineers. I don't generally lose to those professions. Take that as you will. That video is absolutely cringeworthy as well in terms of how unable to adapt that player is and whiney they are being...

@whoknocks.4935 said:My party? I only solo roam, and with my mirage when i find a competent thief he completely obliterates me, when I find a bad thief and I bair their steal they have no changes, but really good thief outplay me so hard they stay almost 100% health all fight.

you see thats basically the way many people talk about any profession. the 'bad' ones they kill, the 'good' ones kill them. there is probably a ton of thieves who will say the exact same about mirages: the bad ones they kill easily, the good ones dont drop below 100%.fights between thief and mirage are either both can onehit the other or neither can onehit the other and both can easily reset. its either a suprise gank/suprising the ganker for onehit encounters or it is a mindgame to make your opponent commit to the fight, to be able to kill them without them resetting. both have their advantage and disadvantage, but IMO that fight is not won by build.

Yikes.

I think virtually everyone in this thread just must be horrible if these are the opinions people have these days.Noody should have put in better footage if he wanted to show something about his skill or knowledge. His play was horrible and his enemies' was abysmal.

What's funny is that now that D/P isn't incredibly dominant because the meta doesn't favor it... there's a feeling of how bad it's felt to be playing the weaker kits all these years.

PS: Thief doesn't counter mirage. Outside of the previous-meta D/P + Shortbow Daredevil, it favors the mirage everywhere else in every aspect.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:My party? I only solo roam, and with my mirage when i find a competent thief he completely obliterates me, when I find a bad thief and I bair their steal they have no changes, but really good thief outplay me so hard they stay almost 100% health all fight.

you see thats basically the way many people talk about any profession. the 'bad' ones they kill, the 'good' ones kill them. there is probably a ton of thieves who will say the exact same about mirages: the bad ones they kill easily, the good ones dont drop below 100%.fights between thief and mirage are either both can onehit the other or neither can onehit the other and both can easily reset. its either a suprise gank/suprising the ganker for onehit encounters or it is a mindgame to make your opponent commit to the fight, to be able to kill them without them resetting. both have their advantage and disadvantage, but IMO that fight is not won by build.

Wrong.

Dragonhunter versus thief is 100% in favour of the dragonhunter, if you deny even this you don't know the basics of counters.

Same as engineer since beta is countered hard by necro. (Now due to holosmith a bit less).

Same story goes for thief against mirage (any mesmer), the match is in favour by the thief.Then if the thief is bad of course he will lose against a better opponent.

Same story for herald versus warrior, any herald should melt any warrior, end of the story.And this is based on the traits, skills and utility you have.

It's a simple profession counter profession.

And this doesn't mean a good thief can't never win against a dragonhunter, but the odds of it happening if the dragonhunter is half decent are very low.

Please don't be such closed minded.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Power full zerk run with 16khp, dodge the burst and you oneshot the mirage no problem,Here's the proof you haven't found any competent Mirages. Roaming full zerk is not something a good player does. On top of that, the
exact same thing
with AS activated

Go minute 5 and 25 seconds.

Noody also posted this though, against another crazy good, as you called him, player on power mirage, and guess who won most duels?

@whoknocks.4935 said:And this doesn't mean a good thief can't never win against a dragonhunter, but the odds of it happening if the dragonhunter is half decent are very low.

Please don't be such closed minded.But you said it was 100% in favor of the thief. Not 90%. Not 80%. 100%. Regardless of skill. Simple profession vs profession. So what is it really?

Because claiming 100% sounds close minded and absolute, whereas anything below that isnt.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:And this doesn't mean a good thief can't never win against a dragonhunter, but the odds of it happening if the dragonhunter is half decent are very low.

Please don't be such closed minded.But you said it was 100% in favor of the thief. Not 90%. Not 80%. 100%. Regardless of skill. Simple profession vs profession. So what is it really?

Because claiming 100% sounds close minded and absolute, whereas anything below that isnt.

It's in favour of the thief, simple as that.

Same how a ranger especially with longbow is in favour over necros, or wanna deny this too?

Never said regardless of skill level...A good mesmer can beat a thief if the thief is bad, that's all.Same skill level the matchup is in favour if thief always, but this doesn't mean shit can happen during a fight and insteaf the mesmer wins, for example a lucky aegis proc by a guardian can let him down his opponent and win and without that aegis proc he was the one downed.

There is no science but for a pure profession vs profession same as ranger is favoured against necro, thief is favoured over mesmer, that's all.

Archived