Prediction - we'll pay for the alliance system

Tinnel.4369

For Alliances, I dont think its a pay to play...reason is that they will need to maintain the normal WvW that we know now, as well as with alliances as those who dont pay will have to stay with the current mode, and I can't see Anet shutting down WvW for those that don't pay.

Now...thats not to say that it wont be released with an expac, however it shouldn't be an expac exclusive thing as again....unless they plan on running more servers and paying more money to have 2 separate WvW modes (normal and alliance) which I cant see as they wanted to revamp WvW in general.

I do not think that this game can survive for some of us without any revelations on new content for wvw. 2020 is already too late as some of us are already experiencing boredom mixed with anger towards anet. One mediocre event lile core swap cannot erase 5 year apathy towards wvw players. So I hope they act fast.

Unlikely, Alliances will replace WvW, if Alliance in general will cost, then this would reduce existing players possibilities, that was never ANets strategy.

But, there are other possibilities, e.g.: Founding an Alliance may cost Gems joining an Alliance with a guild may cost Gems, ...

As the alliance system will work (even better balanced) without any player founded alliance (everyone is linked individually) you can play as „random“ if you don‘t pay, but if you want to make sure that you are together with selected others you have to pay

It might be released together with an expansion but it will not require the expansion.It's supposed to make WvW great again, not destroy it. (Yes I just mixed trump with star wars and yes I am sorry)

More importantly, I'd love to get an update from the team on the Alliance update, they have received a lot of constructive feedback and I'm sure they've worked hard on it to improve on the first announcement and I think it is about time for another round of feedback, for us to see the direction we're moving in and for the team to check if they're on the right track.

@"TwilightSoul.9048" said:It might be released together with an expansion but it will not require the expansion.It's supposed to make WvW great again, not destroy it. (Yes I just mixed trump with star wars and yes I am sorry)

More importantly, I'd love to get an update from the team on the Alliance update, they have received a lot of constructive feedback and I'm sure they've worked hard on it to improve on the first announcement and I think it is about time for another round of feedback, for us to see the direction we're moving in and for the team to check if they're on the right track.

You do realize there have been two separate updates since the original post right?

Update 1 is this:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45856/world-restructuring-update-1/p1

And the second update was this:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"TwilightSoul.9048" said:It might be released together with an expansion but it will not require the expansion.It's supposed to make WvW great again, not destroy it. (Yes I just mixed trump with star wars and yes I am sorry)

You do realize there have been two separate updates since the original post right?

Update 1 is this:

Oh... Thanks for pointing those out, must've missed them...

However, seeing as the last update was almost 9 months ago I do believe my point still stands that it is time for another update :)

@roso.1536 said:

@roso.1536 said:So, we have no news since last year about alliances

Hmm.. I guess you didn’t click on the links then.

I did check those links, the first one is from july 2018 and the second one is from november 2018 ... Am I missing something?

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:It might be released together with an expansion but it will not require the expansion.It's supposed to make WvW great again, not destroy it. (Yes I just mixed trump with star wars and yes I am sorry)

Update 1 is this:

Oh... Thanks for pointing those out, must've missed them...

However, seeing as the last update was almost 9 months ago I do believe my point still stands that it is time for another update :)

You are both correct. It appeared from the comment at the beginning of the last page to be this year, but yeah... 9 months. Point stands. ?