Art Issues: Characters, Weapons, Armor - [Merged]

The non-exclusive Norn beard with two braided segments is not rigged properly when moving. The beard vanishes into the neck of the Norn when moving. I am linking an image of this issue from a Reddit post: Norn Beard Physics

This is especially unfortunate since most of the Norn beards look weird or silly. This is one of the few good ones, but this physics issue ruins the beard.

I was told that this type of problem cannot be passed on by support. And you should post this here.
Therefore:
Among the new hairstyles there is this one hairstyle that I really like, but when I wanted to use it the other day I noticed this flaw.

https://ibb.co/PFbY60r

I do not know if this is intentional. But I think it ruins the whole hairstyle, especially because it seems to be the only one where this detachment from the ears takes place. And this is not even clean and clear. It looks like a badly placed wig ... just sad in my opinion, because it seems so simple to fix it. Or even better, it would have been so easy not to do such a thing in the first place and adjust the hairstyle to the ears like all the rest uu.

Race: Human Gender: Male

One of the new hairstyles (added 30.11) of the human male still lacks texture behind the ears, making it look overall like the hair was weirdly shaved there to form really sharp angles, can't even pass it as the ears being pointy it just looks really bad. Please fix it, it looks horrerdous and stops a lot of players from buying a gemstore kit and changing to that hairstyle. 

https://imgur.com/a/ayZyZTQ

Edited by Krinstin.6287

• 2 weeks later...

This is very minor and not exactly an issue, but something I have noticed in, of all places, the character select screen. First off, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the new art and music while on this screen for End of Dragons. 🥰 🥰🥰 Now- I have noticed that with the new screen art the lighting is much brighter. HOWEVER, I am still seeing the same warm tone reflecting against our characters that was present for the warm desert sands of the Path of Fire select screen. Is there supposed to be a different light color effect, given the brightness of the day in the background, shining on our heroes? I just thought it seemed a little out of place and I should mention it to someone. Hopefully if it gets edited it's not too hard to alter. 😄

Occasionally all Seraph wings backpacks I can see will have their glowey animated wing tips turn red.  Not just mine, all of them, it doesn't matter what colors they are dyed.  sometimes map changes fix it, sometimes it fixes itself without transitioning.  I do have direct x 11 box checked in video settings.

As said. 

Some dye slots from mounts and armor are continously changing their colors.

It's not dependant on a specific armor piece. Happens on all characters.

Other palyers see the colors correctly.

Changing doesn't help. Only teleporting to another map. Happens also by using the waypoints. 

So i guess anything that loads the character model will triggering it sometimes.

Someone else experiencing that issue recently?

Example image

On 3/6/2022 at 7:00 AM, Zebulous.2934 said:

Occasionally all Seraph wings backpacks I can see will have their glowey animated wing tips turn red.  Not just mine, all of them, it doesn't matter what colors they are dyed.  sometimes map changes fix it, sometimes it fixes itself without transitioning.  I do have direct x 11 box checked in video settings.

Samer issue for me. Sometimes backpieces and Mounts change their colors to red, black etc. Despite the color who was given.

Graphics option texture quality changing fixes it, till it appears again.

Playing with DX11 renderer. Didn't tested yet if it happens with DX9 as well.

Race:  Sylvari

The final result of modifying my character using the Total Makeover Kit does not resemble the result the Total Makeover Kit shows just before I accept the appearance changes and consume the kit.  I've included before, during and after snapshots of this issue.

https://imgur.com/a/2ywKnYa

Picture 1 - Before using Total Makeover Kit

Picture 2 - After appearance changes were made and before the changes were accepted and the kit consumed.

Picture 3 - How my character looks after the changes were accepted and the kit consumed.

Edited by Janika.9014
Misc corrections