One shot builds in gw2

@LetoII.3782 said:

And dont give me that soundqueue DJ argument, who wants to listen to the same ingame sounds for years.

You play the game without sound?I mean yeah, I muted the music long ago. But the combat audio in this game is a very useful information stream.Maybe I'm biased, I play with my wife at a dual desk and so that information goes doubly as it also gives us clues as to what's going on with the other's character... Yet I still keep it on when I'm solo, maybe it's my job-o-tron. I still get a smile even having heard the snarky comments ten thousand times.

I play without sound or very low volume because i almost always listen to music on spotify, i dont want to be forced to always listen to those same ingame sounds, instead of my favourite music, just because some bs build can oneshot me (or get me low enough to not giving me a chance to rly fight back) out of stealth with mostly the audio giving them away

Visuals should be enough to play the game, that would even help ppl who cant even choose to turn on sounds, because they have some sort of hearing impairment or are completely deaf.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Visuals should be enough to play the game, that would even help ppl who cant even choose to turn on sounds, because they have some sort of hearing impairment or are completely deaf.

The deaf can type fine if it's an issue.You're willfully handicapping yourself, why would anyone accommodate that?

So you are saying that im not allowed to speak up for deaf ppl, because im not deaf?At the same time you admit, that its a handicap to not hear ingame sound? I definately see a problem there.

And yes, i guess im handicapping myself, but i dont see why that has to be a thing, to be forced to listen to ingame sound and again, it would be 2 flies with one stone. Not forcing ppl to listen to sound and also making it more fair to player with a hearing impairment.

@RedShark.9548 said:

The deaf can type fine if it's an issue.You're willfully handicapping yourself, why would anyone accommodate that?

So you are saying that im not allowed to speak up for deaf ppl, because im not deaf?

Correct

At the same time you admit, that its a handicap to not hear ingame sound? I definately see a problem there.

You've chosen to be deaf, you can also choose to hear. No Anet required.

And yes, i guess im handicapping myself, but i dont see why that has to be a thing, to be forced to listen to ingame sound and again, it would be 2 flies with one stone. Not forcing ppl to listen to sound and also making it more fair to player with a hearing impairment.

I'm colorblind, in a world of unlimited resources I'd think a color selection option would be great. We're 10% of the male population, yet so few games accommodate us...

But that's not you, you're unequipping your weapons and demanding a damage buff. You're turning your monitor off and demanding text support. You're shooting yourself in the foot and demanding the Olympic committee make the other racers hop.

Enjoy your music.

@LetoII.3782 said:

So you are saying that im not allowed to speak up for deaf ppl, because im not deaf?

Correct

At the same time you admit, that its a handicap to not hear ingame sound? I definately see a problem there.

I'm colorblind, in a world of unlimited resources I'd think a color selection option would be great. We're 10% of the male population, yet so few games accommodate us...

But that's not you, you're unequipping your weapons and demanding a damage buff. You're turning your monitor off and demanding text support. You're shooting yourself in the foot and demanding the Olympic committee make the other racers hop.

Enjoy your music.

Yikes, why are you defending the sound queue so much? Whats so good about it? It doesnt have anything to do with "skill" to hear an attack.

And please tell me why i cant speak up for deaf ppl? If everyone thought like this the world would go down the drain even faster than it is already.Id also say that they chould introduce a colorblind mode (league of legends has it for example, and it shouldnt be hard to add it) for the game if that helps you play the game, it wouldnt change the game in any way for "normal" players, like making it easier.lla

Im not demanding big changes to fit everyones desires, that would completely change the game or make it basically play itself.

I will enjoy my music, and keep on hating on thiefs for such a bs mechanics that require sound to play against (especially since no other class requires sounds)

I actually rely on sound cues a lot, because there is some kind of weird bug I get in game + my lag where a lot of the times, the audio cues are synced ahead of the action on occasion. That said, I rely on both audio and visual cues, these are things provided for us in game to take advantage of. In the case of thieves, I have everything I need to play against them - that being knowledge of their skills, the timing of their skills, and the audio/visual cues altogether give me all the things I need in a succint manner to dispatch them or at least give them an equally hard time.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Correct

Enjoy your music.

Yikes, why are you defending the sound queue so much? Whats so good about it? It doesnt have anything to do with "skill" to hear an attack.

Yet some of us don't find thieves much of a threat any more somehow. You're championing bad gameplay as a balance factor.

And please tell me why i cant speak up for deaf ppl? If everyone thought like this the world would go down the drain even faster than it is already.

I'll apologize right after you speak up for the interests of quadriplegic and blind folks too.

Id also say that they chould introduce a colorblind mode (league of legends has it for example, and it shouldnt be hard to add it) for the game if that helps you play the game, it wouldnt change the game in any way for "normal" players, like making it easier.lla

Just like a shortage of left handed scissors in school, we learn to adapt and make use of the tools we do have to hand

Im not demanding big changes to fit everyones desires, that would completely change the game or make it basically play itself.

Just a change to accommodate you personal whims.

I will enjoy my music, and keep on hating on thiefs for such a bs mechanics that require sound to play against (especially since no other class requires sounds)

Play thief for a month.You'll find it's the most unforgiving class in the game. That the constant calls for a nerf have left it really weak and difficult to be effective as other classes with. That maybe it's not design losing your fights.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Correct

Enjoy your music.

Yet some of us don't find thieves much of a threat any more somehow. You're championing bad gameplay as a balance factor.

And please tell me why i cant speak up for deaf ppl? If everyone thought like this the world would go down the drain even faster than it is already.

I'll apologize right after you speak up for the interests of quadriplegic and blind folks too.

Id also say that they chould introduce a colorblind mode (league of legends has it for example, and it shouldnt be hard to add it) for the game if that helps you play the game, it wouldnt change the game in any way for "normal" players, like making it easier.lla

Just like a shortage of left handed scissors in school, we learn to adapt
and make use of the tools we
do
have to hand

Play thief for a month.You'll find it's the most unforgiving class in the game. That the constant calls for a nerf have left it really weak and difficult to be effective as other classes with. That maybe it's not design losing your fights.

Ok you clearly didnt get it.The change to make it not a handicap for deaf ppl is easy, just change a single skill. I said i didnt want big changes that change the whole game, because i knew youd come with the "then we also have help the blind ppl and all the other ppl too"

Ive played thief, i know its one of the hardest classes to play good, but even i, who hates this class and has no real Interest in rly learning it (because its absolutely not my playstyle) can escape from more situations than with other classes, because its whole stealth/mobility concept is overtuned, it should have to pick one of those, not get both (same with mesmer and some ranger builds btw)Anyways, this goes way off topic.

I see no reason why one single skill in thegame should exist that forces player to hear ingame sound (especially one with such a big impact of being able to deal massive dmg)Ifnitnwas a common thing that sounds are the tell of a skill, id have no real problem with it, but this is just kitten.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Correct

Enjoy your music.

Just like a shortage of left handed scissors in school, we learn to adapt
and make use of the tools we
do
have to hand

Ok you clearly didnt get it.The change to make it not a handicap for deaf ppl is easy, just change a single skill. I said i didnt want big changes that change the whole game, because i knew youd come with the "then we also have help the blind ppl and all the other ppl too"

Ive played thief, i know its one of the hardest classes to play good, but even i, who hates this class and has no real Interest in rly learning it (because its absolutely not my playstyle) can escape from more situations than with other classes, because its whole stealth/mobility concept is overtuned, it should have to pick one of those, not get both (same with mesmer and some ranger builds btw)Anyways, this goes way off topic.

I see no reason why one single skill in thegame should exist that forces player to hear ingame sound (especially one with such a big impact of being able to deal massive dmg)Ifnitnwas a common thing that sounds are the tell of a skill, id have no real problem with it, but this is just kitten.

Tbh even if death's judgement made a metal gear solid style "!" appear over the target's head, people would still get hit and people would still complain. At some point, you have to acknowledge that people with the reaction times of a potato need to build tanky because they gonna get hit more.

As for sounds, I've played with no music but with weapon and animation sounds for years, and I find it a necessary part of timing dodges etc. Best I can do is stick some metal on in the background, but I mix the game sounds so they can be clearly heard over whatever is playing. It's less a conscious thing, but if I disable sounds, or try to listen to something like a podcast too loud while I play, I play noticeably worse.

You were hit by a full blown glass cannon condi ranger. Congrats. I recently died to a Double-Tap rifle Deadeye in less than .5 seconds. Was unable to activate any defensive or offensive skill.

First hit your downed, second hit your dead. Roughly between 25k-26k dmg in under 1 second. I kinda hate Anet right now. Because they took away the thieves ability to do that with dagger/dagger quite a while back. And all the sudden now it's back. If I didn't know any better i'd say Anet plays more Fortnite and Overwatch than actually playing any Guildwars 2 what so ever. Because I think that's where they get MOST of their ideas from.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:You were hit by a full blown glass cannon condi ranger. Congrats. I recently died to a Double-Tap rifle Deadeye in less than .5 seconds. Was unable to activate any defensive or offensive skill.

First hit your downed, second hit your dead. Roughly between 25k-26k dmg in under 1 second. I kinda hate Anet right now. Because they took away the thieves ability to do that with dagger/dagger quite a while back. And all the sudden now it's back. If I didn't know any better i'd say Anet plays more Fortnite and Overwatch than actually playing any Guildwars 2 what so ever. Because I think that's where they get MOST of their ideas from.

if you get hit that hard then you must be glass too...

I was hit with this one shot build only an hour ago and he failed several times... I saw him stealth, I waited 2 seconds and dodged... he missed and stealthed again... I waited 1 second and dodged... he missed again and stealthed again...

he tried again so I threw up a block, he failed again and stealthed again... I was a bit sick of this poke playstyle so this time I intended to attack back... I let him hit me, 18k opener, then I put pressure on him where he went stealth by dropping AoE and cleaving randomly... he was downed.

Thief is annoying but thats about it. I can understand why leas experienced players struggle against these one shot builds.

I just watched a video with a Firebrand that was downing 5 players at a time with a single condi shot. And he was using books so....and he was surviving retaliatory strikes from up to 10 players.....The current meta is permaboon, Tank/Condi. Their tanked to the guilds, and all their damage is full on condi. Add the Permaboons in, it's like trying to put out the Towering Inferno with a water pistol. It's useless.

I’m not sure what’s worse; the people screaming l2p to defend the BS builds, or the delusional rangers thinking that their class is bad because they can’t zerg. I’ve played these builds and they’re BS, especially on classes with high reset potential. I don’t care how much setup you have prior to a fight, no build should do anywhere near as much damage as some of the current builds can pull off.

And to all the sweaty rangers saying ‘Just dodge the maul, it’s super slow!’. BS and you know it. Slow is Revs hammer 5, that’s slow. Maul is not slow, it’s on a short cd, and immobile exists. I’m waiting for the day Anet implements a damage cap from single players from single hits. For example, any damage over a specific threshold of an enemy’s health will be capped. You can still burst if you spec it, but you can’t instantly delete someone with a single skill.

People seem to be missimg one thing, one shot build would not be so bad if the class using it would not have so many escapes,evades,denys,stealths and invul at the same time.

Unlike mesmer,thief and soulbeast a guardian one shot build will leave you defenseless after the elite invul and block heall and dodges. All the other mentioned classes will stealth teleport without need of target and also deny damage through invulns.

So if all would be as vulnerable unable to run away after burst like guard it would be fair.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@KeyOrion.9506 said:You were hit by a full blown glass cannon condi ranger. Congrats. I recently died to a Double-Tap rifle Deadeye in less than .5 seconds. Was unable to activate any defensive or offensive skill.

I was hit with this one shot build only an hour ago and he failed several times... I saw him stealth, I waited 2 seconds and dodged... he missed and stealthed again... I waited 1 second and dodged... he missed again and stealthed again...

he tried again so I threw up a block, he failed again and stealthed again... I was a bit sick of this poke playstyle so this time I intended to attack back... I let him hit me, 18k opener, then I put pressure on him where he went stealth by dropping AoE and cleaving randomly... he was downed.

Thief is annoying but thats about it. I can understand why leas experienced players struggle against these one shot builds.

Imho 18k as an opener is way too much, no matter the class, nor weapon.Especially when being able to reset the fight whenever he wantsAlso, he must have gotten careless after he hit you for 18k, if he played well he would have been able to get away.

But again 18k from a single hit is not acceptable imo.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@zionophir.6845 said:must be a third party plugin like arcdps

Let me just stop you right there.It ain't a 3rd party problem it's a l2p issue as the OP is running pure glass against pure glass. His house got shattered and so he took the only route he can, come complain on the forums.

It doesn't read as a complaint to me. Sure the rest is true, but he could simply be new and wondering. Nothing wrong with asking here.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Imho 18k as an opener is way too much, no matter the class, nor weapon.Especially when being able to reset the fight whenever he wantsAlso, he must have gotten careless after he hit you for 18k, if he played well he would have been able to get away.

There are a lot of builds which can achieve that easily: (all this numbers to a 2.9k amor rating)

• Rifle berseker with 17k gunflame. Autos will do around 3-5k from 1200.
  • Thief has multiple builds. For me the most annoying is Daredevils Vault an skill can be casted twice ith no CD can do easily 19k while permaevading.
  • The revenant with their 5k hammer autos which pierces, and CoR with their 14k.
  • Ranger with the axe\axe-gs build with the 19k winters bite.
  • Power mirage instakill combo run with macro.
  • Fresh air ele, weaver got a serious buff somewhere and now is dealing 20k damage with lighting strike.
  • Spin to win reaper.
  • eat all my shadows scourge (not only can eat 18k in one sec, but also corrupst and debuffs). In 20s the full burst will be ready again for use, meanwhile shades can still be used.

Probably there are more builds im not aware of, its an meta problem.

@RedShark.9548 said:

I think its standard for running the risk of being a full glass build.

Its what happens when a game allows for building short term invuln and a full escape kit on top of full on min (defense) maxing (offense).

You get the drop, you get the win, and when exceptions to that rule happen you can be half a map away, in stealth, in a structure, etc...

People complained up a storm about how the old school pre-hot bunker meta lacked skill, but you actually had to win longer fights in that era. These meme builds dont do well in longer fights.