Why do HoT Ascended Weapon Collections take literally 3x the materials and currency as PoF ones?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:ANet, really, it's time to revisit these.

Why should you have it easier than the rest of us?

I haven't. In fact, I have these done for each of my other toons. Shields, Longbow, Greatsword, etc.

But coming back to do this one reminded me I HATE IT MORE THAN CRAFTING EVEN and pointed out just how much easier each for PoF has been.

@gateless gate.8406 said:I started looking at the HoT collections recently -- they all require mystic weapons (40-60g). Kind of insane if you ask me. Without the mystic weapon component, they would be alright.

Those would not be as bad if not for the time gate only Mystic Coins.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:If they were looking for a challenge, these folks would be in PvP or WvW, as other players will always be more dangerous than an AI HP sponge.

I respectfully must disagree. I've seen the average players in both PvP and WvW they are at best on par with the AI.Average players, yes. They are the PvP/WvW open world equivalent as far as the challenge goes. The really good players and organized teams/squads are well above raid difficulty however, at a level which AI opponents of this game can't even get close to.

They're the statisical average for a reason. There's more of them than the "above average" players out there.So it's no more or less challenging than any other mode of play.In pve if you (and your team) are highly skilled, you have 100% chance of success (and if you are decent and prepared, it's very close to 100%). You also always know your enemy and can prepare beforehand. In pvp/wvw you never have that assurance even at the top level - and if you are just "decent and prepared" you can fully expect to lose as often as you win.

But yeah, no more or less challenging. Suuure.

Even being fully skilled doesn't mean you have a 100% success rate in PvE. There's many factors outside of your control at any point in time that lower that percentage.

In PvP/WvW you can fully prepare for your opponents as well at the top tier. Why ? Because it's literally no different, pretty much everyone runs meta. It's virtually no different than knowing the the bosses attacks or timings for phases. People are no more dynamic than bosses espeically in PvP.

Yeah, playing against human players is the same as playing against scripted AI. Totally.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:If you're talking about the best tier's of PvP yes, you do know that and yes they largely play the same unless they make huge mistakes.So, they play the same regardless of how you play, and don't adjust to your actions at all? Really?Are you
really
sure you were playing against skilled opponents?

I never said they don't adjust. I said the gameplay is largely the same.Everyone knows what skills each class brings that are key, when they need to bait them out and how to react to them at the highest tiers of play. This is no different than the highest tier of PvE.

The fights without any exception play out the same, there's been almost zero changes to the macro of PvP for a good 4 years now.

HoT and PoF Spec collections each have their difficult and their high costing parts. HoT was definitely more difficult when it relied on doing metas and fighting special bosses.

When PoF came out, I was actually expecting to have to unlock more of the Mystic weapons to get the collections finished. I was somewhat disappointed.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Why should you have it easier than the rest of us?

I haven't. In fact, I have these done for each of my other toons. Shields, Longbow, Greatsword, etc.

But coming back to do this one reminded me I HATE IT MORE THAN CRAFTING EVEN and pointed out just how much easier each for PoF has been.

Well, I don't have the game currently running, but I think I remember that AP rewards were much higher for those than for the easy PoF ones. So it's balanced out.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Why should you have it easier than the rest of us?

Well, I don't have the game currently running, but I think I remember that AP rewards were much higher for those than for the easy PoF ones. So it's balanced out.

Everything in the Specialization Collections category is 3 AP each

Archived