How long until Warkitty fix?

sephiroth.4217

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Trajan.4953 said:Improvise adapt and overcome, it will be fine I promise you, I understand everyone hates change but in the same breath they all want change. This is change

I dont mind change, in fact, Anthem has been quite fun despite its flaws.

I have had a better time being disconnected from my Anthem games and losing loot over it than I have had with warkittty lol

That's good, because that sounds like the right move for you anyways.

There are dismount mechanics, it's your choice to use them or not. I'm going to say that it will be 'forever' before they allow Warclaw to be affected by the CC's because there are dismount mechanics and more of them incoming.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:They will never change the coding around how mounts interact with those disables, get over it to be honest.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Hey all, just wanted to put out a quick note about some upcoming Warclaw changes.
  • Working on a dismount trap
  • Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players.
  • We're considering adding break-bars to the WvW Mount.

Well it looks like CC's will be a thing, Dismount traps and Dismounting skills too

See? I said anything could happen lol

Guy, it's already been said by many, some was even spoken about before the mount preview.

Both traps and a cc bar.

Yus and a day after you made your comment about it not happening, it happened ?

Never lose hope, good things can happen.

Learn to read, I said it was fine, not that it won't happen.

A thread I made before warclaw release assuming it would have a breakbar,

A thread I made after warclaw release even though myself and others were already talking about it, regarding dismount traps,

Things in development take time. Time being the prominent factor.

Good advice you give there about learning to read, perhaps you should listen to yourself as my thread was mostly about Hard CC, soft CC and the bonuses you get from owning a mount.

My thread wasnt about break bars or dismount traps.

With the introduction of a dismount skill on the table I dont think we'll need breakbars or dismount traps.

Are you for real? Reread your own post trying to taunt me with cc and dismount traps becoming a thing. You totally opened the door for that discussion.

I never said anything about breakbars or dismount traps.Both are good solutions to the post how ever.

Its still there, but it says "cripples and stuns" then I proceed to ramble on about the extra benefits.

Which is something that still doesn't make any sense. You cannot talk about cc on a mount without it being about breakbars. How else did you think they would handle cc on a mount?

Using CC dismounts someone or gives the CC effect so they are stunned while mounted.. Using cripple applies cripple and using magnetic leap applies immobilized.

So on my Tempest I could cut someome off with Lightning Flash to Updraft to knock them off the mount or knock the mount over then proceed to immob spam and cripple to work through that 10k health for a dismount then finally get to the fight with the player.

Breakbars, Dismount traps are both good solutions as they are more than what I hoped for but with a dismount ability coming it renders both suggestions useless but yet still a lot more than I hoped for.

The idea I had is basically really simple and a lot less in comparison to whats coming.

They are not going to waste time making new mount animations for all the forms of CC in the game. At best they will just bundle it all under a breakbar and channel that into a dismount, an animation that already exists, when broken. That is the simplest way to handle it. Far simpler than what you are talking.

and far superior too... I asked for a little and gained a lot.

You come across as well informed in the break bar and mount pve stuff mechanics, does chill amd cripple deplete a Breakbar? or just Daze, launch, stun, fear and the like?I know lords have breakbars but Im usually horsin round in the choke with some enemies when im apart of the zerg.

EVERY CC inflicts damage to a breakbar. Blinds, cripple, Chill all deal 15 damage to it per second I believe.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Trajan.4953 said:Improvise adapt and overcome, it will be fine I promise you, I understand everyone hates change but in the same breath they all want change. This is change

I dont mind change, in fact, Anthem has been quite fun despite its flaws.

I have had a better time being disconnected from my Anthem games and losing loot over it than I have had with warkittty lol

That's good, because that sounds like the right move for you anyways.

There are dismount mechanics, it's your choice to use them or not. I'm going to say that it will be 'forever' before they allow Warclaw to be affected by the CC's because there are dismount mechanics and more of them incoming.

No there's not.

@Blocki.4931 That's still pretty cool if it were on a mount, might take a lot of work for a D/D temp to pull off but I think having the Warkitty dismount skill they talked about is the best option I've heard.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:does chill amd cripple deplete a Breakbar? or just Daze, launch, stun, fear and the like?I know lords have breakbars but Im usually horsin round in the choke with some enemies when im apart of the zerg.

EVERY CC inflicts damage to a breakbar. Blinds, cripple, Chill all deal 15 damage to it per second I believe.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiance_bar

Fear.png Fear 100 per secondTaunt.png Taunt 75 per secondImmobile.png Immobile 50 per secondSlow.png Slow 50 per secondChilled.png Chilled 33 per secondBlinded.png Blinded 20 per secondWeakness.png Weakness 20 per secondCrippled.png Crippled 15 per second

@Justine.6351 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:does chill amd cripple deplete a Breakbar? or just Daze, launch, stun, fear and the like?I know lords have breakbars but Im usually horsin round in the choke with some enemies when im apart of the zerg.

Fear.png Fear 100 per secondTaunt.png Taunt 75 per secondImmobile.png Immobile 50 per secondSlow.png Slow 50 per secondChilled.png Chilled 33 per secondBlinded.png Blinded 20 per secondWeakness.png Weakness 20 per secondCrippled.png Crippled 15 per second

@Blocki.4931 said:They will never change the coding around how mounts interact with those disables, get over it to be honest.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Hey all, just wanted to put out a quick note about some upcoming Warclaw changes.

Well it looks like CC's will be a thing, Dismount traps and Dismounting skills too

Guy, it's already been said by many, some was even spoken about before the mount preview.

Both traps and a cc bar.

A thread I made after warclaw release even though myself and others were already talking about it, regarding dismount traps,

Good advice you give there about learning to read, perhaps you should listen to yourself as my thread was mostly about Hard CC, soft CC and the bonuses you get from owning a mount.

With the introduction of a dismount skill on the table I dont think we'll need breakbars or dismount traps.

Are you for real? Reread your own post trying to taunt me with cc and dismount traps becoming a thing. You totally opened the door for that discussion.

I never said anything about breakbars or dismount traps.Both are good solutions to the post how ever.

Its still there, but it says "cripples and stuns" then I proceed to ramble on about the extra benefits.

Which is something that still doesn't make any sense. You cannot talk about cc on a mount without it being about breakbars. How else did you think they would handle cc on a mount?

Using CC dismounts someone or gives the CC effect so they are stunned while mounted.. Using cripple applies cripple and using magnetic leap applies immobilized.

So on my Tempest I could cut someome off with Lightning Flash to Updraft to knock them off the mount or knock the mount over then proceed to immob spam and cripple to work through that 10k health for a dismount then finally get to the fight with the player.

Breakbars, Dismount traps are both good solutions as they are more than what I hoped for but with a dismount ability coming it renders both suggestions useless but yet still a lot more than I hoped for.

The idea I had is basically really simple and a lot less in comparison to whats coming.

They are not going to waste time making new mount animations for all the forms of CC in the game. At best they will just bundle it all under a breakbar and channel that into a dismount, an animation that already exists, when broken. That is the simplest way to handle it. Far simpler than what you are talking.

You come across as well informed in the break bar and mount pve stuff mechanics, does chill amd cripple deplete a Breakbar? or just Daze, launch, stun, fear and the like?I know lords have breakbars but Im usually horsin round in the choke with some enemies when im apart of the zerg.

So... If the mount becomes CC’able (unlike any other mount) will the break bar need to be dropped before you can damage them?

Or will it work like it does on a boss where it stuns them and dismounts them?

Or we don’t have enough info yet..?

I just can figure out how adding a break bar will minimize the ability to bypass everything with impunity.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:does chill amd cripple deplete a Breakbar? or just Daze, launch, stun, fear and the like?I know lords have breakbars but Im usually horsin round in the choke with some enemies when im apart of the zerg.

Both traps and a cc bar.

So... If the mount becomes CC’able (unlike any other mount) will the break bar need to be dropped before you can damage them?

I just can figure out how adding a break bar will minimize the ability to bypass everything with impunity.

Honestly we just don't know.My best guess is a weak breakbar when broken will allow modest CCs to dismount players without having to chew through 11k hp at range while also preventing stuff like headshot thieves from 1 shot dismounting you.

@Justine.6351 said:

Both traps and a cc bar.

Honestly we just don't know.My best guess is a weak breakbar when broken will allow modest CCs to dismount players without having to chew through 11k hp at range while also preventing stuff like headshot thieves from 1 shot dismounting you.

Got it.

I think the current dodges make it extremely tough for a melee to impact, but as long as the bar doesn’t inadvertently make it harder to dismount someone, then I am good.

Having played mostly ele roaming, I don’t really mind the headshot thieves, but trying to find the new ‘norm’ is going to be interesting.

I almost think we are going to see more cancer builds than we did, but time will tell.

@"coro.3176" said:It should be weak enough that any hard CC dismounts, or multiple soft CCs. A lot of melee classes will have a hard enough time even landing that on a mount.

"A lot of melee classes" is not really an accurate thing to say in the first place anyhow. Even a double melee warrior has things like Boulder toss with rampage or even the option to slot throw bolas for a 4 second immobilize, twice. Or they could skip that and just use a dismount skill/dismount trap.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:There are dismount mechanics, it's your choice to use them or not. I'm going to say that it will be 'forever' before they allow Warclaw to be affected by the CC's because there are dismount mechanics and more of them incoming.

No there's not.

and then there is an obtena post...

Damn right ... because he's wrong ... there are ALREADY ways to dismount players and there are going to be more with some kind of trap. #adaptorsuck

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hey all, just wanted to put out a quick note about some upcoming Warclaw changes.

Both traps and a cc bar.

This was the best thing I have seen in a while on the forums XD

@Solori.6025 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hey all, just wanted to put out a quick note about some upcoming Warclaw changes.

Both traps and a cc bar.

This was the best thing I have seen in a while on the forums XD

Somebody wrongly accusing someone of saying something they didn't say? That happens in every other thread on these forums...

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:There are dismount mechanics, it's your choice to use them or not. I'm going to say that it will be 'forever' before they allow Warclaw to be affected by the CC's because there are dismount mechanics and more of them incoming.

No there's not.

kitten right ... because he's wrong ... there are ALREADY ways to dismount players and there are going to be more with some kind of trap. #adaptorsuck

"Mechanics". There are not multiple ways, there is only one, deal 11k damage at range while chasing someone with triple evading leaps who will move faster than a player on foot who is in combat.

And btw, that adapt or suck is kind of humorous aimed at me since my original comment was what set off the current chain quotes of the OP misreading me multiple times as if I had said "never going to happen", which I never said. My original comment being, "it's fine. learn the new mechanic".

! Pretty sure irony applies to me and this entire thread. The person who chose the middle ground, got marked as the other camp, and then marked by the other camp as...the other camp. All the while having been 2 steps ahead of both camps who think their ideas and verbiage were original when they were in fact weeks behind to the party. This thread didn't get the devs to make changes to mounts, it was the hundreds of posts weeks ago that did. One big effing joke.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"coro.3176" said:It should be weak enough that any hard CC dismounts, or multiple soft CCs. A lot of melee classes will have a hard enough time even landing that on a mount.

"A lot of melee classes" is not really an accurate thing to say in the first place anyhow. Even a double melee warrior has things like Boulder toss with rampage or even the option to slot throw bolas for a 4 second immobilize, twice. Or they could skip that and just use a dismount skill/dismount trap.

Yeah because blowing rampage before you can even damage an opponent is no big deal, amirite?

@Justine.6351 said:

No there's not.

kitten right ... because he's wrong ... there are ALREADY ways to dismount players and there are going to be more with some kind of trap. #adaptorsuck

"Mechanic
s
". There are not multiple ways, there is only one, deal 11k damage at range while chasing someone with triple evading leaps who will move faster than a player on foot who is in combat.

And btw, that adapt or suck is kind of humorous aimed at me since my original comment was what set off the current chain quotes of the OP misreading me multiple times as if I had said "never going to happen", which I never said. My original comment being, "it's fine. learn the new mechanic".

! Pretty sure irony applies to me and this entire thread. The person who chose the middle ground, got marked as the other camp, and then marked by the other camp as...the other camp. All the while having been 2 steps ahead of both camps who think their ideas and verbiage were original when they were in fact weeks behind to the party. This thread didn't get the devs to make changes to mounts, it was the hundreds of posts weeks ago that did. One big effing joke.

Who said there was more than one? You're getting pedantic on me because I put an 's' at the end of mechanics? Oh my ... the horror. Frankly, I don't get the issue here. People are confirming they can dismount players so anyone that disagrees with that is just being ignorant, stubborn, etc ... So what's the discussion about? My excessive use of the letter 'S'? OK you got me ...

Here is some advice ... if you don't want to get tangled in a discussion where people are being obviously obtuse and wrong to sensationalize their position, then don't.

@Obtena.7952 said:

No there's not.

"Mechanic
s
". There are not multiple ways, there is only one, deal 11k damage at range while chasing someone with triple evading leaps who will move faster than a player on foot who is in combat.

Who said there was more than one? You're getting pedantic on me because I put an 's' at the end of mechanics? Oh my ... the horror. Frankly, I don't get the issue here. People are confirming they can dismount players so anyone that disagrees with that is just being ignorant, stubborn, etc ... So what's the discussion about? My excessive use of the letter 'S'? OK you got me ...

Here is some advice ... if you don't want to get tangled in a discussion where people are being obviously obtuse and wrong to sensationalize their position, then don't.

lolwhat?

@Obtena.7952 said:

No there's not.

"Mechanic
s

Putting an S at the end of something like mechanic means it's plural, multiple if you will.

The Oxford Dictionary is very displeased and would like a word with you.

Had a browse through your profile and its all heavily focused on PvE stuff until warkitty was released, you're not fooling anyone either.

@Duckota.4769 said:

Yeah because blowing rampage before you can even damage an opponent is no big deal, amirite?

Options are options, even if they are not ideal. Double melee warrior is on the bottom of the totem pole for dismounting players and yet they still have options.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

No there's not.

"Mechanic
s

Putting an S at the end of something like mechanic means it's plural, multiple if you will.

I think we can skip the idea I'm talking with Oxford scholars here. You have access to a way to dismount players; don't try to imply you don't when you are told as much.

@Obtena.7952 said:

No there's not.

"Mechanic
s

I think we can skip the idea I'm talking with Oxford scholars here. You have access to a way to dismount players; don't try to imply you don't when you are told as much.

What?

Bro, one look at your post history shows you heavily focused on PvE until warkitty, just go back to what you enjoyed dude.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

No there's not.

"Mechanic
s

What?

Bro, one look at your post history shows you heavily focused on PvE until warkitty, just go back to what you enjoyed dude.

I guess I'm just an enigma then. If you want to dismount players, you need to adapt to do so. Warclaw doesn't need to be affected by CC's.

@Obtena.7952 said:

No there's not.

"Mechanic
s

What?

I guess I'm just an enigma then. If you want to dismount players, you need to adapt to do so. Warclaw doesn't need to be affected by CC's.

Dont worry man it won't effect PvE.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:Yeah also the trap that prevents you from getting boons, traps that reduce your armor and toughness to zero, traps that prevent any skill related to a necro shroud, clones, turrets, wells, switching legends, any kind of bow, etc. Trapfest 2019 get used to it people there will be a trap for everything.

First I read this post then looked at your avatar (DE icon). That was probably the biggest burst of laugh today, thank you brother

Lmao

well to be fair, WvW is constantly adding things to handicap thieves due to several zerger complaints.

With mounts I started to play Thief again and I use my heal skill to stealth and im instantly revealed due to anti thief mechanics every where, which isnt very fun when youre already outnumbered in enemy territory with more people on mounts rushing at you.

Teef finally getting ganked back instant cry 4 nrf mount plz wayto op teef unplayable ?A Thief who finally is not any more in a situation where he can reset fights like he wants and make the game unfun for other players / classes which are unable to handle this special sort of builds is unable to deal with a situation where he find´s himself at the same point ? Isn´t only Thief but any other build built for highest possible mobility .. lame s...t

@primatos.5413 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:Yeah also the trap that prevents you from getting boons, traps that reduce your armor and toughness to zero, traps that prevent any skill related to a necro shroud, clones, turrets, wells, switching legends, any kind of bow, etc. Trapfest 2019 get used to it people there will be a trap for everything.

First I read this post then looked at your avatar (DE icon). That was probably the biggest burst of laugh today, thank you brother

Lmao

well to be fair, WvW is constantly adding things to handicap thieves due to several zerger complaints.

With mounts I started to play Thief again and I use my heal skill to stealth and im instantly revealed due to anti thief mechanics every where, which isnt very fun when youre already outnumbered in enemy territory with more people on mounts rushing at you.

Teef finally getting ganked back instant cry 4 nrf mount plz wayto op teef unplayable ?

Would you mind translating that to English?

Archived