How long until Warkitty fix?

sephiroth.4217

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Still on the fence here. I thought it would be impacted by CC when pre-announced and then questioned when it didn't. In that time though the time to fight has greatly decreased. Seen more people on both sides of the fight be able to get back to the fight much faster. Enough so I question the idea that dead should be able to be revived at all even more than before. Play both condi and power builds and it is easier to take down a rider on condi even if you have to follow for a bit so there might need to be some balance on the power side. The question is CC, reduce HP or add some mechanic about hitting it with criticals slow it. Still adapting tactics personally and finding more ways to employ it in a havoc/roamer toolkit, its definitely opened more build options on alts that were run speed challenged while still granting people with run speed more opportunities to evade while dismounted so you now have to weigh and measure that in your builds.

No mount is ‘CCable’ in game. Likely doing new programming would not be on the horizon.

The most likely changes would be dropping a dodge and lowering the HP.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

To answer this question we should look at the circumstances the WarCat was released and the purpose of it.

The purpose of this ... change was to bring more money to ANet. Even from the devs statements when asked we cannot see a real player oriented reason. They introduced the WarCat because they wanted a change. The fact that the mount is available in PvE too makes the real reason even clearer. Money for Anet by selling skins.Is this achieved? YES. The mount is in game, the skins are in the Gem Store, the players ..... are still in game.

What circumstances? ANet was in a full process of mimicking work on GW2, concerned only to create the illusion of work while (almost) all the work force was involved in other (not documented for the public) projects. They wanted something to support ANet (and not something useful for GW2), possible with a minimal team involved and to keep the appearance of work on GW2. Was this goal achieved? YES.

So, after looking at this, my opinion is that we will never see a fix for WarCat (or we will see one in 3-4 years - like the fix for blood ruby drop rate). Because all the goals for this change were achieved - no more effort is needed.

I won't deny that it opens options for ANet to make more gem sales but it also fit a spot on the players list that said they wanted to get back to the action faster and some that they also want bigger maps which counter each other. Since we are not forced into buying skins saying the only reason is for sales is counter intuitive. Will they make sales from it? Yes, we can already see that while people are riding on the new skins, but it optional, and no I don't own any at this time but know people that do. Again was it the top of peoples list recently no, was it asked for in the past after PoF, yes, does it take a while before changes that are started are surfaced, yes., were people asking for faster ways to re-engage, yes many over time.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Still on the fence here. I thought it would be impacted by CC when pre-announced and then questioned when it didn't. In that time though the time to fight has greatly decreased. Seen more people on both sides of the fight be able to get back to the fight much faster. Enough so I question the idea that dead should be able to be revived at all even more than before. Play both condi and power builds and it is easier to take down a rider on condi even if you have to follow for a bit so there might need to be some balance on the power side. The question is CC, reduce HP or add some mechanic about hitting it with criticals slow it. Still adapting tactics personally and finding more ways to employ it in a havoc/roamer toolkit, its definitely opened more build options on alts that were run speed challenged while still granting people with run speed more opportunities to evade while dismounted so you now have to weigh and measure that in your builds.

No mount is ‘CCable’ in game. Likely doing new programming would not be on the horizon.

The most likely changes would be dropping a dodge and lowering the HP.

Agree, this would be most likely be something that could be tuned and tested with minimal programming, more like parameters in a database record. Wouldn't rule out the mount dismounts mount ability in the future either. Question is what are their decision points on making a change, three weeks or so is a smaller data sampling. Would love to see a statistic on number of fights to see if its perception or they really have gone up.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Justine.6351 said:It's fine. Learn the new mechanic.

Learn what mechanic?Did you even read the thread lol

Yeah I read this thread, the first 10 times it was created. Now I just generic response for a generic thread.

This is the first time Ive created this thread?But thankyou for your generic response, I thought as much but wasn't sure.

This may be the first thread you created about it but it's the umpteenth thread about the same subject matter...

I saw a lot of whine threads about gankers and roamers but nothing actually addressed anything specific..

I did not read any related to Hard and Soft CC at all.

But I understand, there has been a lot of "x is dead because of warclaw" threads so it would be pretty easy to get triggered by the words warclaw or warkitty.

o for the love of god..

a mount doesnt help one with roaming..what is roaming for most people here? capping camps and stuff? or fighting random people all over map? cus its last one for me and for this obviously no mount will help u yes helps u alot by avoiding fights but it wont help u with class x will now be able to roam, no class x is still slow and has still no mobility ones u go into fight with class Y he just ports around keeps u where he wants u to be and burst living shit out of you.

roaming classes havent changed only thing that changed is that retarded mount now lets people constantly run towards their blob a way to fast giving proper roamers no job left to do to thin out the loners trying to get back to their lovely blob commander.

@Blocki.4931 said:They will never change the coding around how mounts interact with those disables, get over it to be honest.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hey all, just wanted to put out a quick note about some upcoming Warclaw changes.

• Working on a dismount trap
  • Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players.
  • We're considering adding break-bars to the WvW Mount.

Well it looks like CC's will be a thing, Dismount traps and Dismounting skills too

See? I said anything could happen lol

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:They will never change the coding around how mounts interact with those disables, get over it to be honest.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hey all, just wanted to put out a quick note about some upcoming Warclaw changes.

Well it looks like CC's will be a thing, Dismount traps and Dismounting skills too

Guy, it's already been said by many, some was even spoken about before the mount preview.

Both traps and a cc bar.

@Justine.6351 said:

Guy, it's already been said by many, some was even spoken about before the mount preview.

Both traps and a cc bar.

Yus and a day after you made your comment about it not happening, it happened ?

Never lose hope, good things can happen.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Hey all, just wanted to put out a quick note about some upcoming Warclaw changes.

Both traps and a cc bar.

Learn to read, I said it was fine, not that it won't happen.

A thread I made before warclaw release assuming it would have a breakbar,

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69001/jade-winds-for-wvw-dismounts#latest

A thread I made after warclaw release even though myself and others were already talking about it, regarding dismount traps,

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/71034/idea-wvw-caltrops-trap#latest

Things in development take time. Time being the prominent factor.

Yeah also the trap that prevents you from getting boons, traps that reduce your armor and toughness to zero, traps that prevent any skill related to a necro shroud, clones, turrets, wells, switching legends, any kind of bow, etc. Trapfest 2019 get used to it people there will be a trap for everything.

@Klypto.1703 said:Yeah also the trap that prevents you from getting boons, traps that reduce your armor and toughness to zero, traps that prevent any skill related to a necro shroud, clones, turrets, wells, switching legends, any kind of bow, etc. Trapfest 2019 get used to it people there will be a trap for everything.

First I read this post then looked at your avatar (DE icon). That was probably the biggest burst of laugh today, thank you brother

@Widmo.3186 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:Yeah also the trap that prevents you from getting boons, traps that reduce your armor and toughness to zero, traps that prevent any skill related to a necro shroud, clones, turrets, wells, switching legends, any kind of bow, etc. Trapfest 2019 get used to it people there will be a trap for everything.

First I read this post then looked at your avatar (DE icon). That was probably the biggest burst of laugh today, thank you brother

Lmao

well to be fair, WvW is constantly adding things to handicap thieves due to several zerger complaints.

With mounts I started to play Thief again and I use my heal skill to stealth and im instantly revealed due to anti thief mechanics every where, which isnt very fun when youre already outnumbered in enemy territory with more people on mounts rushing at you.

@reddie.5861 said:

o for the love of god..

a mount doesnt help one with roaming..what is roaming for most people here? capping camps and stuff? or fighting random people all over map? cus its last one for me and for this obviously no mount will help u yes helps u alot by avoiding fights but it wont help u with class x will now be able to roam, no class x is still slow and has still no mobility ones u go into fight with class Y he just ports around keeps u where he wants u to be and burst living kitten out of you.

roaming classes havent changed only thing that changed is that kitten mount now lets people constantly run towards their blob a way to fast giving proper roamers no job left to do to thin out the loners trying to get back to their lovely blob commander.

Roam/havoc most nights. I have been finding even more fights faster after the mount, be that attacking or being attacked. I always had to ensure builds had some sort of run speed and in some cases be able to share that when running havocs. Mounts have eliminated that or at least offered additional options. For some classes that may be just a trait or skill where as others its full set of runes which can have a bigger impact on build out.

What is roaming? To me, that's doing anything that needs be done that's outside of running with a zerg or waiting to gank someone at a location. It's about being mobile and be where you need to be. Are there enemy players in range? Do you need to hit a target? Do you need to hit reinforcements? Do you need to block supplies from a camp? Do you need to stop a havoc? Do you need to target gankers? Do you need stop and help others fight/kill/cap/build? Do you need to clear siege? Do you need to set seige up? Do you need to repair and run supplies? Do you need to ninja a keep/tower/camp/sentry? Do you need to create swords? Do you need to create a diversion or pull off an enemy zerg? Do you need to flank another group in a fight? Do you need to stall a larger force? And it goes on...

Havoc and roamer are the same roles, it's just a matter if you are solo or have a party . And yes there are times you need to help the bigger fights and there are a ton more jobs for roamers/havocs to do there as well. Mounts are making it faster to do those things to me so far. Are some getting away, yes, are we able to get away at times when zerged, yes, does run speed still play a role, yes since you will have to dismount to fight and build with faster options will still be able to choose engagements/disengagements. But to say it doesn't help the roamer, I disagree as a roamer.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Hey all, just wanted to put out a quick note about some upcoming Warclaw changes.

Both traps and a cc bar.

A thread I made after warclaw release even though myself and others were already talking about it, regarding dismount traps,

Good advice you give there about learning to read, perhaps you should listen to yourself as my thread was mostly about Hard CC, soft CC and the bonuses you get from owning a mount.

My thread wasnt about break bars or dismount traps.

With the introduction of a dismount skill on the table I dont think we'll need breakbars or dismount traps.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Both traps and a cc bar.

Good advice you give there about learning to read, perhaps you should listen to yourself as my thread was mostly about Hard CC, soft CC and the bonuses you get from owning a mount.

With the introduction of a dismount skill on the table I dont think we'll need breakbars or dismount traps.

Are you for real? Reread your own post trying to taunt me with cc and dismount traps becoming a thing. You totally opened the door for that discussion.

@Justine.6351 said:

Both traps and a cc bar.

Are you for real? Reread your own post trying to taunt me with cc and dismount traps becoming a thing. You totally opened the door for that discussion.

I never said anything about breakbars or dismount traps.Both are good solutions to the post how ever.

Its still there, but it says "cripples and stuns" then I proceed to ramble on about the extra benefits.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Both traps and a cc bar.

I never said anything about breakbars or dismount traps.Both are good solutions to the post how ever.

Its still there, but it says "cripples and stuns" then I proceed to ramble on about the extra benefits.

Which is something that still doesn't make any sense. You cannot talk about cc on a mount without it being about breakbars. How else did you think they would handle cc on a mount?

@Justine.6351 said:

Both traps and a cc bar.

Which is something that still doesn't make any sense. You cannot talk about cc on a mount without it being about breakbars. How else did you think they would handle cc on a mount?

Using CC dismounts someone or gives the CC effect so they are stunned while mounted.. Using cripple applies cripple and using magnetic leap applies immobilized.

So on my Tempest I could cut someome off with Lightning Flash to Updraft to knock them off the mount or knock the mount over then proceed to immob spam and cripple to work through that 10k health for a dismount then finally get to the fight with the player.

Breakbars, Dismount traps are both good solutions as they are more than what I hoped for but with a dismount ability coming it renders both suggestions useless but yet still a lot more than I hoped for.

The idea I had is basically really simple and a lot less in comparison to whats coming.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Both traps and a cc bar.

Using CC dismounts someone or gives the CC effect so they are stunned while mounted.. Using cripple applies cripple and using magnetic leap applies immobilized.

So on my Tempest I could cut someome off with Lightning Flash to Updraft to knock them off the mount or knock the mount over then proceed to immob spam and cripple to work through that 10k health for a dismount then finally get to the fight with the player.

Breakbars, Dismount traps are both good solutions as they are more than what I hoped for but with a dismount ability coming it renders both suggestions useless but yet still a lot more than I hoped for.

The idea I had is basically really simple and a lot less in comparison to whats coming.

They are not going to waste time making new mount animations for all the forms of CC in the game. At best they will just bundle it all under a breakbar and channel that into a dismount, an animation that already exists, when broken. That is the simplest way to handle it. Far simpler than what you are talking.

@Justine.6351 said:

Both traps and a cc bar.

They are not going to waste time making new mount animations for all the forms of CC in the game. At best they will just bundle it all under a breakbar and channel that into a dismount, an animation that already exists, when broken. That is the simplest way to handle it. Far simpler than what you are talking.

and far superior too... I asked for a little and gained a lot.

You come across as well informed in the break bar and mount pve stuff mechanics, does chill amd cripple deplete a Breakbar? or just Daze, launch, stun, fear and the like?I know lords have breakbars but Im usually horsin round in the choke with some enemies when im apart of the zerg.

Archived