HIgh elo players plat 2+ What classes/build do you think is currently "busted" in this season?

Jay.3409

Rev is really strong if played in a well coördinated team, otherwise it's pretty bad and can be singled out and killed very easily. Holosmith and Spellbreaker imo are pretty busted, they really feel like a one man army as they have too much of every aspect (damage, survivability, mobility). Mirages aren't really busted but their design is still fucking annoying, pooping out clones everywhere and being invul for ages is just so lame to play against.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"bOTEB.1573" said:How can you guys suggest nerfs of SLB in plat 2+??This spec is absolutely hilarious and easy to avoid its super obvious telegraphed skills. Once avoided the SLB is as good as dead.Look the meta comps, where is SLB?

Its in WvW, dealing 10-12k unblockable auto hits from 1800+ range while having stealth and very good mobility.

Getting Slb nerfed in pvp is one step closer to nerfs in WvW.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:How can you guys suggest nerfs of SLB in plat 2+??This spec is absolutely hilarious and easy to avoid its super obvious telegraphed skills. Once avoided the SLB is as good as dead.Look the meta comps, where is SLB?

Its in WvW, dealing 10-12k unblockable auto hits from 1800+ range while having stealth and very good mobility.

Do you play the mode (WvW)? Do you realize that no reasonable and good commander will take a SLB in his squad? I hope you don't need the reasons why they don't take it? Really, why do we have to talk about this when everyone knows that SLB is not preferred choice for WvW?

EDIT: ROFL ahahahah "10-12k Unblockable Autohits from 1800+ range"!!!! When you show me 1800+ range autohit of 10-12k in WvW I will give you 1000 gold.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"narcx.3570" said:Holo's think Revs are op, Soulbeast think Mirages are op, everyone think SBreakers are op... Around and around we go in the game of anet balance--BREAK THE WHEEEEELLLL!Fixed your post slightlyI dont know which class can counter spellbreaker in a 1x1 anymore.For example a loooong time ago people made recaps about class representations in monthly AT's. Would show us again which classes/builds are dominant at the moment.

There is one chrono build that perfectly counter spellbreaker, even carried a certain someone.. cough. Polo. cough to legendYou know the build?At this point, if I would look at top rated people at LB what would I see? By their placements :Scourge, Holo/scourge, Rev, War, Scourge/holo, FB, Holo, Rev, Rev, Druid. top10War, "incissor", Thief, coreguardlul, War, CertainSomeoneBelowLegend, idkwhosthat, Holo, Scourge?, Guardian/FB. top20.So lets balance based on top20 ?

Yeah I know the build ^^ and im not saying its busted, just saying it counter sb and carried an average plat guy, polo, to legend, tough he dropped last week.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Do you play the mode (WvW)? Do you realize that no reasonable and good commander will take a SLB in his squad? I hope you don't need the reasons why they don't take it? Really, why do we have to talk about this when everyone knows that SLB is not preferred choice for WvW?

EDIT: ROFL ahahahah "
10-12k Unblockable Autohits
from
1800+
range"!!!! When you show me 1800+ range autohit of 10-12k in WvW I will give you 1000 gold.

when can i expect the mail?

since you probably won't watch anyway. highest autoattack (longbow) was 19127 damage, as can be seen in second video at 4.10 min

yea, you are right it was not 10-12k unblockable!

is ut hard to do? no

strenght of the pack to build might (can use warhorn, use skill 5,then switch out for greatsword)sic'em +40%precast maul for another +50%switch longbow, and enjoy all the damage modifiers

@dominik.9721 said:Rev, FB, Scourge, Spellbreaker, Holo

Those classes dominate the meta and are stronger than the alternatives.

Followed by scrapper and soulbeast

This. scourge and reaper are also up there in viability, but do not need nerfs. Thief is still viable as decamped and plus 1, but the roll is not as effective as it used to be, since everything now has significant mobility.

The difference between the above builds and everything else is massive.

@melandru.3876 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+
range"!!!! When you show me 1800+ range autohit of 10-12k in WvW I will give you 1000 gold.

since you probably won't watch anyway. highest autoattack (longbow) was 19127 damage, as can be seen in second video at 4.10 min

is ut hard to do? no

strenght of the pack to build might (can use warhorn, use skill 5,then switch out for greatsword)sic'em +40%precast maul for another +50%switch longbow, and enjoy all the damage modifiers

Where is the 1800+ range, my friend? Or you admit that you exaggerate? If it was a bet it would be extremely easy to take your gold. But meh... no more respect to your posts, I respect only the hard truth not cheap exaggerations. And even so it can land great damage it can be avoided super easy.

Yeah well, it would be easier to just poll the top 250 at the end of each season plus AT winners and then post the results. But that would involve in game mails, waiting for responses, tallying the results and interpretation.

Not that people don’t write massive posts on here. It that would be more effort than a lot of people can/want to put in.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+

is ut hard to do? no

Where is the 1800+ range, my friend? Or you admit that you exaggerate? If it was a bet it would be extremely easy to take your gold. But meh... no more respect to your posts, I respect only the hard truth not cheap exaggerations. And even so it can land great damage it can be avoided super easy.

2nd video, 2:05 is 1800 range (3x guardian gs 3 which has 600 range). You owe this man some gold ;)With really minor high ground elevation, lb has 2k+ range.

@youle.5824 said:

@"narcx.3570" said:Holo's think Revs are op, Soulbeast think Mirages are op, everyone think SBreakers are op... Around and around we go in the game of anet balance--BREAK THE WHEEEEELLLL!Fixed your post slightlyI dont know which class can counter spellbreaker in a 1x1 anymore.For example a loooong time ago people made recaps about class representations in monthly AT's. Would show us again which classes/builds are dominant at the moment.

There is one chrono build that perfectly counter spellbreaker, even carried a certain someone.. cough. Polo. cough to legendYou know the build?At this point, if I would look at top rated people at LB what would I see? By their placements :Scourge, Holo/scourge, Rev, War, Scourge/holo, FB, Holo, Rev, Rev, Druid. top10War, "incissor", Thief, coreguardlul, War, CertainSomeoneBelowLegend, idkwhosthat, Holo, Scourge?, Guardian/FB. top20.So lets balance based on top20 ?

Yeah I know the build ^^ and im not saying its busted, just saying it counter sb and carried an average plat guy, polo, to legend, tough he dropped last week.You know the build but dont tell it. There is no proof this actually counters spb. Imo you dont need to be an exceptional player to duoq to legend if you really want.@Snellibee.2761 said:Rev is really strong if played in a well coördinated team, otherwise it's pretty bad and can be singled out and killed very easily. Holosmith and Spellbreaker imo are pretty busted, they really feel like a one man army as they have too much of every aspect (damage, survivability, mobility). Mirages aren't really busted but their design is still kitten annoying, pooping out clones everywhere and being invul for ages is just so lame to play against.Still in denial ...If anything blame Mirage...Still op,still unkillable, still reeeee. Signed by 2 revs/slb.@kin korn karn.9023 said:Something tells me a lot of these are not actually p2+ responses.Who is not p2? Is that @dominik.9721 because he pointed out every busted spec ?:D

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+

Wvw is not about zerging, there is also thing as roaming. And do not make so brave bets, cuz I think u can lose it

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+

is ut hard to do? no

i don't know if you are trolling, or just confusing accountnames.check this very thread yourself, this is my first, and i hoped only reply to yours

you tried to ridicule the other guy, but me who plays wvw for 6 hours a day on eu (and have faced this soulbeast myself) know for a fact what damage, and what range they are capable off.

the burden on proof was on him, i did the job for him and provided the obvious

now you runaway, tail between legs

either you talk big, or stay silent. i'm all game now

it can be avoided supereasy lol , you didn't watch the videos as you otherwise would not have said so.

he stacked stealth (12 seconds of it) by using every leap and blast in the smokefield. tell me how, or when, will you anticipate a stealthed 27k (axe 3) for example?

you took your bet, now face it or accept being called out for it

I'll like to see Rev and Holo Burst brought down a bit. Along with De Damage , and LongBow Ranger range.

Other then that everything else perfectly fine, Just the Burst From Rev/Holo and De is high as fuck especially If you are playing as a solo Q necro lmao.

@Safandula.8723 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+

Wvw is not about zerging, there is also thing as roaming. And do not make so brave bets, cuz I think u can lose it

Basically, for anyone who's confused between 1500 and 1800 range, autoattack fails and does not activate. Reason being you're out of autoattack range. But you can still land arrows.Please, educate yourself :)

P.S Roaming is dead since 2015

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+

Basically, for anyone who's confused between 1500 and 1800 range, autoattack fails and does not activate. Reason being you're out of autoattack range. But you can still land arrows.Please, educate yourself :)

and again trying to riducule others

some education, for you

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/6136/bug-1500-range-doesn-t-equal-1500-rangehttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/37327/longbow-is-not-1500-range/p1

pls tell us this is "only" 1500 range?

as allready stated (not that you read anything) the ranger only has 1.8-2k range when on elevated groud. hills, walls, towers due to how the arrow projectiles fire (not straight, but arced velocity) thus going further then intended

anything else i need to correct you on, while i'm waiting for the 1000 gold?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+

Boy ik range is supposed to be 1500. I didnt measure it properly, but from what Iv seen and felt it hits much further than 1500. As I said don't be so confident, becouse there will be someone that can prolly prove, ur wrong. Anyway bad topic for that

People often refer to skill 1 with the term "auto attack" although it is not semantically incorrect. Has nothing to do with education but with standards of communication among a community (just like people often use brand names to refer to some type of product regardless of whether it is actually by that brand or not) and with long range shot (so you are not confused about names again) you can hit for 10k+ in pvp from 2k range if you really try (not that its really useful in matches but possible without help from others).

Arguing semantics and has literally 0 value when it comes to discussing about whether the damage is too high or not.

edit: just by looking at other replies, you can clearly see that auto attack and skill 1 is indeed the same for many people. Not everyone is as accurate/narrow-minded/whatever you want to call it, when it comes to terminology and, unfortunately for you, language is always subject to change and frequency of use often dictates what is accepted in communication (unless you are French perhaps where you have a whole institution to safeguard your mother tongue). There are plenty examples of this, especially in the gaming area. Just look at gw2 pve, where people use dps to refer to damage dealers although it not 100 % accurate.

If you want to argue semantics though, you actually used the term "auto hit" which is not even a commonly used term and one that you copied from the person you quoted and interpreted it the way you liked. If you google the term, you will actually find that it is usually refers to attacks that you do not have to aim which would apply to long range shot regardless of range. Perhaps that is where the confusion originated from. Kind of ironic when you blame people for not adhering to 100 % accurate terminology but make inaccurate use of terms yourself.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+

Barrage is 1500 range skill. Middle of the paw is 1500 range. Radius of the skill is 360. Still doesnt touch the golem and still some range left for it. Do the math or "educate yourself please :) "

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+

Barrage is 1500 range skill. Middle of the paw is 1500 range. Radius of the skill is 360. Still doesnt touch the golem and still some range left for it. Do the math or "educate yourself please :) "

I respond only coz i see 2 likes of your post and I will repeat:"10-12k Unblockable Autohits from 1800+ range"Now, what do you miss here? Is it the dmg, is it the range or is it the autohits.Can we stop?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+

I respond only coz i see 2 likes of your post and I will repeat:"10-12k Unblockable Autohits from 1800+ range"Now, what do you miss here? Is it the dmg, is it the range or is it the autohits.Can we stop?I wonder when will you stop...First skill is what everyone call an auto attack L O L. Read the posts? Second screen shows that my "auto attack" hits the golem. Just as other guy videos