[Merged] Skyscale chair chould match with our mount

I almost bought it but then i realised this chair is for people who don't have Skyscale.Why would i want to sit with some generic grey stranger dragon and not my own which i raised and fed and played ball with?

Overall idea is amazing, i love it!Though "chair" should use my dyed mount model and not generic one. And in future custom skinned.Muh immersion and all that :/Will sit on my "real" mount until anet implements this.

Yeah I'm questioning why A-net decided to design this.

One day we will have skins, and more than one dye channel, so unless you only use default; you'll never be relaxing with your mount the same way you do with the skyscale chair....
Which is exactly what the majority would want.

As a chair I can see people head cannoning it as a separate skyscale maybe? If you're the type who's like " I want more dragons", or "Can never have to many dragons!", then along with picking up the gathering tool as well; you can RP you have a bunch of them. Just the one you ride into battle is somehow more special and will inevitably have more interesting designs?

It's kind of nice though, and seems a lot more relaxed than the other chairs, but I find it hard to justify it.

Being at 600 gems it might not be a bad impulse buy or a way to get people to empty their excess games before releasing something people reallllly want (so people buy a fresh batch of gems) but I find it hard to consider that knowing we'll eventually just get mount skins.

I might grab it and empty the gems on good will for A-net listening to us and dropping the time gate, but I'd almost prefer to wait for a sale.

@"Trise.2865" said:Just gonna point this out: If you wanted to sit on your skyscale, couldn't you just sit on your skyscale?

Yes, I thought it a weird "chair choice" for this reason as well. I've been sitting on my Skyscale since Day 1 of when I got it. :smile:

I actually really love the fantasy of the skyscale chair, that you're not on it and ready to fly in an instant but instead just relaxing, like you would on any of your other chairs, and also have the ability to instantaneously swap to the mount itself to fly up and do things.

I definitely want to throw my hat in the ring for dyeable skyscale chair, especially if they can take a shortcut and simply match it to the dye of the skyscale itself, but i am afraid it may not be technically feasible considering how chairs are separate from the dye system. Still, would be amazing if they could somehow work it in.

@"Irreverent.3594" said:I almost bought it but then i realised this chair is for people who don't have Skyscale.Why would i want to sit with some generic grey stranger dragon and not my own which i raised and fed and played ball with?

Overall idea is amazing, i love it!Though "chair" should use my dyed mount model and not generic one. And in future custom skinned.Muh immersion and all that :/Will sit on my "real" mount until anet implements this.

This is true...it's also true that I prefer the chair to the actual mount. If I had it to do over again I would not have spent the resources on the mount and just purchased the chair and waited on the mount itself. I just feel like something is off with the skyscale ability wise but this isn't the place for that as there are a few threads having that discussion.

@Daishi.6027 said:Yeah I'm questioning why A-net decided to design this.Internet theory is that they release chair now because most people still don't have Skyscale and most importantly skins are not released yet.With skins your Skyscale will look way more different than this chair and that could put you off from buying it.Or simply because there is at least something Skyscale related to buy, since new skins are still nowhere to be seen.

I have sad now :(

Archived