Dragon Bash Arena: Eye of Zhaitan 10 stacks

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:What specifically triggers its buffs? I had thought it would be failing to break its bar but we missed several times and it never got them.

I think its routine is timed. I don't think you can actually break its defiance bar due to damage reflects etc. But I only did this once, so I might be wrong and will keep an eye (harhar ;) ) out for the exact mechanics next time around.

I’ve broken the bar a few times but it’s one of those that just comes back like 7 seconds later. I don’t think breaking its bar is worth the effort unlike for the other three and especially if it doesn’t prevent those buffs.

It can be of additional help not to attack while the Eye is in the phase of reflecting incoming damage.Inaccurate. While the Eye is channeling its Protective Membrane skill, it will gain Protection, Might, and Retaliation. These boons are what kills most groups, so having means of removing them is critical.

One other attack that can snowball is the Mega Beam attack where the Eye targets a random player character and launches them about 1,200 units away. This is problematic for our beloved bearbows since it makes them impossible to revive, especially when they get booted outside of the arena, and thus causing revivers to suffer from Out of Bounds Penalty.

In summary:

• Stack close
  • Strip boons
  • Avoid big filling red circles
  • Bring projectile blocks/reflects

Found it pretty easy, had a couple of team mates get downed in the last fight but we got them up really quick,

I ran my tanky Soldier MM Reaper build so I took virtually no damage during the Eye fight until I got hit with 50 stacks of torment which took me down to half health >.< survived it but.. Jesus Anet overkill much? XD

There was another MM in the group, Scourge I think but unsure on build (he was putting out barriers) and a very glassy Daredevil but I don't remember what the other 2 guys were running.Warrior and Ele might have been, I recall a summoned Axe at one point and banners but I can't remember if they were in the survival attempt or i'm im mixing memories with normal arena.

Either way we did it first attempt with no real trouble, was overall pretty easy imo.My MM doubles as a AoE support healer and can pull res downed so it was really easy to keep my party alive, I run the same build for fractals too including t4's.I can also boonstrip for those 25 might stacks with focus and have a decent amount of CC so aside from that one moment of huge Torment stacks I wasn't in any trouble, my build is really hard to kill.

@"Teratus.2859" said:Found it pretty easy, had a couple of team mates get downed in the last fight but we got them up really quick,

I ran my tanky Soldier MM Reaper build so I took virtually no damage during the Eye fight until I got hit with 50 stacks of torment which took me down to half health >.< survived it but.. Jesus Anet overkill much? XD

There was another MM in the group, Scourge I think but unsure on build (he was putting out barriers) and a very glassy Daredevil but I don't remember what the other 2 guys were running.Warrior and Ele might have been, I recall a summoned Axe at one point and banners but I can't remember if they were in the survival attempt or i'm im mixing memories with normal arena.

Either way we did it first attempt with no real trouble, was overall pretty easy imo.My MM doubles as a AoE support healer and can pull res downed so it was really easy to keep my party alive, I run the same build for fractals too including t4's.I can also boonstrip for those 25 might stacks with focus and have a decent amount of CC so aside from that one moment of huge Torment stacks I wasn't in any trouble, my build is really hard to kill.

I was wondering where those 50 stacks came from. When it hit me, I already had resistance on, and so I was curious, but then just put it all back on the boss.

But, yeah. My original point still stands. Build for "survival", and it's a cakewalk.

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:Found it pretty easy, had a couple of team mates get downed in the last fight but we got them up really quick,

I was wondering where those 50 stacks came from. When it hit me, I already had resistance on, and so I was curious, but then just put it all back on the boss.

But, yeah. My original point still stands. Build for "survival", and it's a cakewalk.

Yep, I think a lot of people undervalue how much even a small bit of survivability can make a big difference for some builds.My main being a Glass LB Core Ranger that for years ran spirits (until the recent changes), Marksman, Wilderness Survival and Nature Magic.Sure as hell didn't feel like a Glass canon even though it more or less was.

There's a lot of wiggle room between "I punch like paper but I can face tank a God" and "Full zerk DPS meta Lemme smash everything!!" builds.It's possible through good build crafting to sacrifice a good chunk of your DPS for huge gains in survivability without crippling your damage entirely.Minion Masters are one of the best playstyles for achieving that due to their great sustain potential.

Did this last night got up to 17 I believe before we all got tired and decided to go. Had a few people in group with under 50 mastery points and it was not much of a challenge if you properly prepare for it. Even had one guardian ask the group if he would be able to change from DH to FB or if it was a one time choice.

• 2 weeks later...

@Cyninja.2954 said:Great fight for getting to know basic mechanics and understanding of class roles, stacking, cc break bar, reflects, mob stacking via pulls and positioning, boon removal and so on.

Something that 50% of GW2 player base doesn't knows, they just press 1 and wait for the reward. I wish Anet would stop with these achievements, or make them soloable.

The first group I had gave up after failing the 2nd time. A few days later, I joined a group in lfg and took us more than 3 times to get it. We had 2 druids, 1 mesmer, a reaper and sb. Some of my party members kept changing their toons and testing which was the best profession to do the last part. We, however, managed to defeat it with a 4-man team with a chrono, scourge, reaper and a druid iirc because someone dced. But true, this one helps for better understanding rhe mechanics and role of each party member.

The easiest way to do this is to take a Thief with the trait "steal rips boons from enemy and gives them to your allies", along with all Steal cooldown reductions, and its even better if they're a Deadeye where its also mark. This is because the eye relies heavily on buffs like might and protection to be a threat, if you are not only removing those but giving them to your allies the fight becomes a cakewalk.

• 4 years later...