Please make Tomes of Knowledge a usable stack

@Grassrab.9302 said:If you go to a mystic forge attendant you can exchange them for bags of spirit shards which you can consume as a stack.

That is not very useful if you are actually trying to use a bunch of tomes for leveling a character.

On the other hand using Mouse Keys and moving your inventory to line up with the Okay button works decently well for that.

@Khisanth.2948 said:On the other hand using Mouse Keys and moving your inventory to line up with the Okay button works decently well for that.That's what I do. Typically in the Hall of Monuments, to avoid triggering those people who seemed to be bothered by people using tomes elsewhere. (Although I'd consider that optional, since it requires two extra loading screens.)

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Grassrab.9302 said:If you go to a mystic forge attendant you can exchange them for bags of spirit shards which you can consume as a stack.

That is not very useful if you are actually trying to use a bunch of tomes for leveling a character.

On the other hand using Mouse Keys and moving your inventory to line up with the Okay button works decently well for that.

They want to sell lvl 80 boost to the people being impatient so why make it easier to level up useing tomes?

@Linken.6345 said:

They want to sell lvl 80 boost to the people being impatient so why make it easier to level up useing tomes?I honestly doubt that the target audience for the level 80 boost are players that have a ton of tomes.

Personally I think that the amount of players using tomes regularly to level (keyfarmers?) just isn't big enough to justify the cost of implementing this feature, including the support cost because of people that accidentally consumed more tomes than they intended to.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

They want to sell lvl 80 boost to the people being impatient so why make it easier to level up useing tomes?I honestly doubt that the target audience for the level 80 boost are players that have a ton of tomes.

Personally I think that the amount of players using tomes regularly to level (keyfarmers?) just isn't big enough to justify the cost of implementing this feature, including the support cost because of people that accidentally consumed more tomes than they intended to.

Dont matter if they have tons of tomes or zero tomes.Anet want to sell level 80 boosts to the people who cant be bothered to click throught them so what point would it be for them to make it easier?

@Linken.6345 said:

Dont matter if they have tons of tomes or zero tomes.Anet want to sell level 80 boosts to the people who cant be bothered to click throught them so what point would it be for them to make it easier?Haha what? What a strange conclusion you’re making that ya zero validity whatsoever.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:On the other hand using Mouse Keys and moving your inventory to line up with the Okay button works decently well for that.That's what I do. Typically in the Hall of Monuments, to avoid triggering those people who seemed to be bothered by people using tomes elsewhere. (Although I'd consider that optional, since it requires two extra loading screens.)

I usually go to my home instance. 2k of them just a couple days ago :/

edit: I didn't even think about the Myani trade....yay!

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Grassrab.9302" said:If you go to a mystic forge attendant you can exchange them for bags of spirit shards which you can consume as a stack.

Dont matter if they have tons of tomes or zero tomes.Anet want to sell level 80 boosts to the people who cant be bothered to click throught them so what point would it be for them to make it easier?

if they want to make money, they could just remove the exchange part.not adding a "use all" function for that reason is actually quite ridicules, allot of other consumables have the same so to have a "use all" function only benefits them in the long run.

@Ubi.4136 said:Please also make the stacks the same as our bank storage.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I don’t believe Anet intended for them to be stored as a material.

ANet explicit ruled out storing them as material.

@Ubi.4136 said:If I can store 1500 in my bank, it would be nice to be able to have a single stack of 1500 too.Material storage is the only place that is possible. And technically, they make it happen via overlaying multiple storage bins. Visually, it looks to us like 835 mithril ingots, whereas the data is stored as three bins full with a stack each and a fourth with 85.

For reasons of early design, they limited the number of bins in material storage and can no longer increase it. So every time they add something new to storage, it means one less spot in the future. That's why they are very picky about what items can be stored there. Roughly speaking, the rule of thumb is: if it's used in crafting & accumulates in bulk, it probably deserves a slot. (There are plenty of exceptions.)

That said, one thing they could do is give ToK the transmutation treatment.

! Transmutation used to be in the form of crystals and stones. When the wardrobe was added, they were converted into a currency. A remnant of that is PvP|WvW reward tracks (among others) still dropping an item that must be consumed in order to store the charges in the wallet.

Something like this:

• A new currency: "Opus of Knowledge"
  • Miyani (and her clones) will sell spirit shards for one Opus each, i.e. essentially the same as today.
  • They will also sell 8 kinds of experience scrolls: L10, L20, etc. These will level the character using them to the stated level.
  • (Or) I suppose they could sell leveling scrolls, that would add 10, 20, etc levels. (One or the other probably; I can already imagine the customer support queue if they had both, with people buying the wrong one.)

That maintains the current functionality without accidentally adding something new that ANet might not want for the game. It also means that veterans save on inventory space. And, relevant to the thread, it reduces the amount of clicking substantially.

@Gop.8713 said:Using the tomes individually for leveling is a trivial effort compared to collecting all the level up rewards. I'm not sure I really understand the complaint here . . .

I find the noise they make annoying (and no, I'm not talking about others using them, but me using them). I prefer to hear one level up and be done with it (so I can pick up those level up rewards...)

@sorudo.9054 said:

@"Grassrab.9302" said:If you go to a mystic forge attendant you can exchange them for bags of spirit shards which you can consume as a stack.

if they want to make money, they could just remove the exchange part.not adding a "use all" function for that reason is actually quite ridicules, allot of other consumables have the same so to have a "use all" function only benefits them in the long run.

the exchange part give you spirit shards not levels for a new character or key runner so they are not the same thing

@Gop.8713 said:Using the tomes individually for leveling is a trivial effort compared to collecting all the level up rewards. I'm not sure I really understand the complaint here . . .

Yeah. I'd rather have them drop all those rewards in some sort of temporary 'drop bag' like the one you get when encumbered, allowing us to pick what we want and discard the rest in one go.

Archived