Should the pulls and grabs in PVE content be improved?

In pvp and WvW pulls/grabs would be op, but should there be more pull/grab options be released for PVE?

Renevant was given a new pull with mallyx, but one thing I'm wondering is,Should every class have a strong option to pull pve mobs together?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pull

Makes wonder if more options should be made available or if the skills that are UP should be reworked into something better.

What's your take on this?

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Off topic a bit in the opposite direction. They should look at the knock backs also.

I can't stand when a certain class runs up while you're meleeing a target and they open up with a knock back. ?

I main a LB ranger (soulbeast) and am very aware of her knockback and when to NOT use it. Unfortunately, there are so many others who simply press keys and hope something works. :(

I think the actual questions if a weapon has CC, pull or utility, should it deal terrible damage? Some weapons are absolutely dead in PvE, cuz their abysmal damage does not justify using them for a utility or CC. Utilities work a bit different. Though, in rev case you have zero options in utilities. The rev class forums are livid with the changes.

It's fine to split durations and cooldowns between pve and competitive, but having /completely/ different skills (or the same skill with a totally different effect) is a bit much IMO. hard to switch between game modes when one lacks what another has.

I think most classes are fine as they are though. I don't mind having unequal access to pulls, as long as all classes get a fair amount of access to hard CC. Raptor already has a free pull and that does just fine.

@Lexi.1398 said:It's fine to split durations and cooldowns between pve and competitive, but having /completely/ different skills (or the same skill with a totally different effect) is a bit much IMO. hard to switch between game modes when one lacks what another has.

IIRC the devs have mentioned that skills splits will only have differences in numbers and not mechanics.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Off topic a bit in the opposite direction. They should look at the knock backs also.

I can't stand when a certain class runs up while you're meleeing a target and they open up with a knock back. ?

I main a LB ranger (soulbeast) and am very aware of her knockback and when to NOT use it. Unfortunately, there are so many others who simply press keys and hope something works. :(

I saw sooo much of that during Dragon Bash Arena. The rest of us were trying to attract all those mobs in one spot, but here comes a ranger knocking things back out of melee range (also that other class that I can't think of the name of that uses a leaping hammer or mace that sends multiple reds flying when struck on the ground.).

I think Hurricane Mesmers are the biggest offenders of excessive pushbacks - many run a greatsword and no focus, and their push can send everything flying. But I digress.

AoE pull would be a great QoL to counter the mistakes of newer (and sometimes veteran) ranged snipers. Either that, or make a god tier dps that only works when there is only one enemy within 600 units or whatever so scattering mobs becomes a viable tactic.

@Lexi.1398 said:It's fine to split durations and cooldowns between pve and competitive, but having /completely/ different skills (or the same skill with a totally different effect) is a bit much IMO. hard to switch between game modes when one lacks what another has.

I think most classes are fine as they are though. I don't mind having unequal access to pulls, as long as all classes get a fair amount of access to hard CC. Raptor already has a free pull and that does just fine.

You wont have raptors in fractals/raiding sadlyOnly thing I can think of is giving everybody some sort of access to pull/grabs but letting a trait decide the power of that pull/grabThat way pvp and WvW can have those grabs/pulls but the strenght of those pulls/grabs would be much weaker in the trait section

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

I saw
sooo much
of that during Dragon Bash Arena. The rest of us were trying to attract all those mobs in one spot, but here comes a ranger knocking things back out of melee range (also that other class that I can't think of the name of that uses a leaping hammer or mace that sends multiple reds flying when struck on the ground.).

both warrior and guardian have knockback on hammer but guardian skill is single target and the warrior skill is more of a short nudge. On the other hand if it involves a mace then that would be mace/shield guardian which could push stuff further

or someone just leveled/gained a spirit shard up. :/