eotm needs more love. :/

Sovereign.1093

Not really... BUT this obsidian sanctum needs loveand introduce the much beloveded gvg, take it out of wvw and put it in with its own match making... 10v10, 15v15 and 20v20 (with custom matches and random matches available). The arena is streamer friendly with good, out of the way spots to pan over the field. Large enough for spectators to walk in and view live matches. (Maybe add the field ring like the guild hall has)

Even make it a event... Even a season tournment maybe.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Counterpoint: no, it doesnt.

not a counter point :pWell its is that simple. If it gets love, it might get more popular. If it gets more popular, WvW has less players. Ergo it does not need any love.

A bit myopic. And very egoistic.

I don't play more WvW since EotM is dead, just less GW2.

Also there was a not small amount of starters that feared to enter WvW, before they learned the basics in EotM and made some ranks to skill the basics (like nowadays gliding and mounts, without you cannot follow in WvW).

The correct way to populate WvW is to reduce Tiers, not to kill EotM or keep it dead.

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Counterpoint: no, it doesnt.

not a counter point :pWell its is that simple. If it gets love, it might get more popular. If it gets more popular, WvW has less players. Ergo it does not need any love.

A bit myopic. And very egoistic.

I don't play more WvW since EotM is dead, just less GW2.

Also there was a not small amount of starters that feared to enter WvW, before they learned the basics in EotM and made some ranks to skill the basics (like nowadays gliding and mounts, without you cannot follow in WvW).

The correct way to populate WvW is to reduce Tiers, not to kill EotM or keep it dead.

yes. =) its such a beautiful map too with great keeps and towers and camps.it just needs love.

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:Not really... BUT this obsidian sanctum needs loveand introduce the much beloveded gvg, take it out of wvw and put it in with its own match making... 10v10, 15v15 and 20v20 (with custom matches and random matches available). The arena is streamer friendly with good, out of the way spots to pan over the field. Large enough for spectators to walk in and view live matches. (Maybe add the field ring like the guild hall has)

Even make it a event... Even a season tournment maybe.

mmm probably make it a pvp thing too since 20v20

@Jaruselka.5943 said:I haven't seen much in the way of queues ON RESET in regular WvW in weeks and my server has been bouncing between T2 and T4. EOTM is dead because far fewer people are playing an 8 year old MMO.

Dude, game kinda gotta pass the 7 year mark before we start talking about 8 years :p

August 28, 2012 -> Still 1 month to go until 7 year anniversary.

@"trixantea.1230" said:EOTM is a dead map and it would be better if they remove it from the game but if they are willing to make it more appealing to players they can start with fixing this:

8lEvQTU.png

This can hardly be fixed, there is potentially an unlimited number of maps (as many as needed given the current players).

@Dayra.7405 said:

@"trixantea.1230" said:EOTM is a dead map and it would be better if they remove it from the game but if they are willing to make it more appealing to players they can start with fixing this:

8lEvQTU.png

This can hardly be fixed, there is potentially an unlimited number of maps (as many as needed given the current players).

The maps are large enough to contain a big number of players. Dividing the population into different instances will only turn this game mode into a boring mindless PvE fest and make the map look like a ghost town.

@trixantea.1230 said:

@trixantea.1230 said:EOTM is a dead map and it would be better if they remove it from the game but if they are willing to make it more appealing to players they can start with fixing this:

8lEvQTU.png

The maps are large enough to contain a big number of players. Dividing the population into different instances will only turn this game mode into a boring mindless PvE fest and make the map look like a ghost town.

I don't see your point.

If less than 100 want to play per side you have 1 instance of EotM, but if 1000 per side want to play you need 10 instances of EotM to fit them all. This is the big strength of EotM, it creates as many maps needed to fit all players that want to play, but not more.

Not as in WvW where you always have 4 maps in 5 (4) Tiers, overfilled with queue for 2h a day when to many want play, and mostly empty PvD for 22h a day, when just a handfull want to play.

@Dayra.7405 said:

@trixantea.1230 said:EOTM is a dead map and it would be better if they remove it from the game but if they are willing to make it more appealing to players they can start with fixing this:

8lEvQTU.png

I don't see your point.

If less than 100 want to play per side you have 1 instance of EotM, but if 1000 per side want to play you need 10 instances of EotM to fit them all. This is the big strength of EotM, it creates as many maps needed to fit all players that want to play, but not more.

Not as in WvW where you always have 4 maps in 5 (4) Tiers, overfilled with queue for 2h a day when to many want play, and mostly empty PvD for 22h a day, when just a handfull want to play.

Perhaps that I didn't make it clear earlier but what I am suggesting is to give EoTM the same treatment of WvW tiers to give people a purpuse to play it and make score matters. In this case, EoTM will not get queue times because the number of players who like to play this map have always been too small compared to WvWers.

The other option is to remove this map altogether because this map is poorly designed, no longer serves a clear purpuse and does not appealor reward players as much as WvW.

I am strongly in favor to give EotM Skirmishes, Skirmish rewards and Pips. :)

But never give it the stupid 24/7 WvW match-score that is decided by offtime PvD-Race of the slightly larger handful of people. And don’t press it into Tiers the advantage of EotM is that it adapt to the number of players.

I went in to EoTM for the first time yesterday, and boy, it was different. Only had a few mins, but joined a small group and we went around busting down doors, drilling for oil, killing sentries. With all was around me, it reminded me of that Parks & Recreation episode where Ben explains the rules of his game "Cones of Dunshire" :sunglasses: