Fixed an issue that allowed ascended herb nodes to be gathered by players who were not instance owne

Vova.2640

@lare.5129 said:why so panic? Don't see any problem

1) first and main - the ascend food and common top food main stats is ABSOLUTELY same. So for other people, for example in raid, there no any difference that food you use, ascend or top. Changes only wwexp magic ming and exp ... So this is only food eater small problem. But who are about 10% exp ?The problem is you are not right bro ;(ITs a WvW pay to win no ( like i said a week ago )Top stat Buff Food brings 2 main attributes ( example -10% damage and 70 Vita ) The new ascendet brings 3 attributes:-10% damage 70 vita AND 100 strenght.

when the price is under 80 silver its okey ( its like the old lemon grass from 2014 40 silvers / 30 minutes.)when its over 1 Gold then its pay to win ;/ ( wvw fiew )

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@daggerdale.9043 said:thx anet for punishing players for working together.thx anet for showing me that i have to stop giving you every month 20€ for gems.

i always defendet you when someone sad gw is p2w. but this fix just shows greed for cash. that fix goes a totaly wrong way.

the ascended food can be consumed by everyone once placed down so your 'punishing players for working together' is nonsenseAnets formula is very clear, a specific amount of lower type foods will grant 1 ascended food item. having hundreds of people farm 1 guys instance goes against the base design of ascended food and lower rank food removal of the economy. Throwing a tamper tantrum doesnt make you right.

The gigantic devaluation of ascended herbs and by proxy ascended food could be fixed in 2 ways, 1: only instance owners can farm the herbs or 2: increase the amount of ascended herbs needed for 1 ascended food item. What we got was the VASTLY superior option because option 2 would benefit large more over smaller ones.

It isn't a "bug" or "exploit". By design, everything is shared in your instance. You can share your nodes and whatever. However. anet just doesn't like the idea of the ascended price being cheap, cheaper than exotic so they put a stop to it. However, at the same time, I also suspect it has something to do with the gems store's farm plot. A sharable farm will make that farm plot lack value. Anet want people to buy that, they want to earn money.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Mazreal Blackknight.1564 said:This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

It is different, because it was never intended for ascended food to become super cheap to acquire. Therefore, it
was
unintended for people to be able to circumvent the daily planting by harvesting from other people's garden plots (and several per day, too).

you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day.That's not the point. The point is, as long as you gather in a friend (or alt account) instance, your own herbs would still be there the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that ... so you could harvest them indefinitely without the need to replant. Invite your own guild to harvest daily, and you will generate a near unlimited supply from only one set of seeds.

no i tested that. i planted herps, gatterd them at a friends home and than they where gone in my home.Did you check back the next day, or right after harvesting?

same day +-12h later

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@Mazreal Blackknight.1564 said:This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

It is different, because it was never intended for ascended food to become super cheap to acquire. Therefore, it
was
unintended for people to be able to circumvent the daily planting by harvesting from other people's garden plots (and several per day, too).

you couldnt farm several times. if you got a plant from spot 1 it was locked for youre acount that day.That's not the point. The point is, as long as you gather in a friend (or alt account) instance, your own herbs would still be there the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that ... so you could harvest them indefinitely without the need to replant. Invite your own guild to harvest daily, and you will generate a near unlimited supply from only one set of seeds.

no i tested that. i planted herps, gatterd them at a friends home and than they where gone in my home.

That's different. It's not about your home instance, it's about your friend's where you were gathering from. He could just not gather his seeds and let the entire guild farm it. As long as he didn't gather them himself, he would never have to replant ever. Infinite uses from one seed.
  1. than that person couldnt harvest 1 plant ever. like i sad if he harfest them in a other garden his plants are gone. 2. the other seeds follow this rule. 3. how hard is it to make the plants disapear on reset when they got harvest by anone?

@Cyninja.2954 said:While I find the change unfortunate, I think a lot of people are missing why this was done:

• make garden plots more valuable (yes, this encourages gem store sales of the item)
  • ensure that people with multiple account don't gather off of 1 home instance

I know of people with 10+ account that would gather off of 1 home instance for a ton of profit per day (it was around 8 gold per account only from the 12 plots). Rest assured, with the current sale on PoF, I heard other players considering doing the same.

Obviously the idea is for ascended food to retain some value and pre change, the market was already getting flooded with ascended food materials.

@Cyninja.2954 said:While I find the change unfortunate, I think a lot of people are missing why this was done:

• make garden plots more valuable (yes, this encourages gem store sales of the item)

I know of people with 10+ account that would gather off of 1 home instance for a ton of profit per day (it was around 8 gold per account only from the 12 plots). Rest assured, with the current sale on PoF, I heard other players considering doing the same.

Obviously the idea is for ascended food to retain some value and pre change, the market was already getting flooded with ascended food materials.

youre 1. point is what i argue with. that practice has a name: p2w.

youre 2. point dosnt punisch those with multyacounts. let me take youre example of 11 acounts, thats still 52 plants a day. they got way more expensiv so i doubt that they will make less gold. in the end its a reward for multyacounts and a punishment for more casual players.

@daggerdale.9043 said:

was

no i tested that. i planted herps, gatterd them at a friends home and than they where gone in my home.

That's different. It's not about your home instance, it's about your friend's where you were gathering from. He could just not gather his seeds and let the entire guild farm it. As long as he didn't gather them himself, he would never have to replant ever. Infinite uses from one seed.
  1. than that person couldnt harvest 1 plant ever. like i sad if he harfest them in a other garden his plants are gone. 2. the other seeds follow this rule. 3. how hard is it to make the plants disapear on reset when they got harvest by anone?
  2. doesn't matter if he can harvest or not, if he lets 11 others harvest and gets one herb as compensation from each, you have 11x12 herbs from one set of seeds, and since the owner didn't harvest themselves, the herbs will be there the next day, so the other 11 players could come back and harvest again ... and again the day after that ... and again ... you get the picture
  3. making the herbs disappear on reset, no matter what, has its own set of drawbacks. Say you plant ascended herbs but for some real life reason are prevented from even playing the game the next day. How would you like your precious herbs to disappear just because you couldn't play two days in a row?
  4. removing ascended herb plants at reset still doesn't stop the people exploiting potentially dozends of ascended herbs from a single seed by selling access to their garden to other players who in turn can harvest without the need to invest in their own seeds

@daggerdale.9043 said:

It's conveniance mostly. You are not locked out of acquiring the materials. On the contrary, all of them are on the TP. I don't agree with this implementation, but it's by far not as bad as people make it out to be.

@daggerdale.9043 said:youre 2. point dosnt punisch those with multyacounts. let me take youre example of 11 acounts, thats still 52 plants a day. they got way more expensiv so i doubt that they will make less gold. in the end its a reward for multyacounts and a punishment for more casual players.

Except the effort is way higher maintaining more accounts while the return is way way waaaay lower. The return goes down from around 8 gold to around 2-3 gold with massiv added effort.

@daggerdale.9043 said:

We'll it's slightly more pay2win as permenant gathering tools are.

youre 2. point dosnt punisch those with multyacounts. let me take youre example of 11 acounts, thats still 52 plants a day. they got way more expensiv so i doubt that they will make less gold. in the end its a reward for multyacounts and a punishment for more casual players.

We'll that I'd not really true, because the loss per harvest becomes a lot bigger for multi accounts.

@Wanze.8410 said:

@daggerdale.9043 said:but i dont want gold. i want the teamwork with my beloved friends working on a homeinstance.gold dosnt buy you remembarable time. work with youre friends does.and this isnt economywars, its guildwars.

IF memorable time with your guildies is your main priority and the additional gold you got from this exploit doesnt matter to you or your guildies, you could do any other activity with them that doesnt give them lucrative rewards for pressing F.

im shocked that for some people the idea of using the ascended food for them self isnt any option. but yea if you sit all the time at black lion and flip stuff you dont need bufffood i gues.and in the end those wo just planted the stuff to make gold dont have any lost cause of the higher price. and those who play the game drawed the short straw. -.-

@Rasimir.6239 said:

was

2. doesn't matter if he can harvest or not, if he lets 11 others harvest and gets one herb as compensation from each, you have 11x12 herbs from one set of seeds, and since the owner didn't harvest themselves, the herbs will be there the next day, so the other 11 players could come back and harvest again ... and again the day after that ... and again ... you get the picture
  3. making the herbs disappear on reset, no matter what, has its own set of drawbacks. Say you plant ascended herbs but for some real life reason are prevented from even playing the game the next day. How would you like your precious herbs to disappear just because you couldn't play two days in a row?
  4. removing ascended herb plants at reset still doesn't stop the people exploiting potentially dozends of ascended herbs from a single seed by selling access to their garden to other players who in turn can harvest without the need to invest in their own seeds

yes i get the picture, but than can be blocked in other ways. the way they did it is clearly to force more people to buy gardens.you can make the plants disapear at 2am ( no endless seed). you can make them flaged after they got harvested 1 time and diapear when you leave the home (max 6x harvesting). you can make the herbs acountbound. or a mix of that ideas.like flag them when they get harvest 1x and than let them disapera at 2am and make herbs acountbound.there are countless ways to deal with exploiding it without make it p2w.

@daggerdale.9043 said:

@daggerdale.9043 said:but i dont want gold. i want the teamwork with my beloved friends working on a homeinstance.gold dosnt buy you remembarable time. work with youre friends does.and this isnt economywars, its guildwars.

IF memorable time with your guildies is your main priority and the additional gold you got from this exploit doesnt matter to you or your guildies, you could do any other activity with them that doesnt give them lucrative rewards for pressing F.

im shocked that for some people the idea of using the ascended food for them self isnt any option. but yea if you sit all the time at black lion and flip stuff you dont need bufffood i gues.and in the end those wo just planted the stuff to make gold dont have any lost cause of the higher price. and those who play the game drawed the short straw. -.-

Which part of the ascended food design screams: solo food!to you?

This food is not meant to be used solo all the time. Or if you do, you pay a premium.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

It's conveniance mostly. You are not locked out of acquiring the materials. On the contrary, all of them are on the TP. I don't agree with this implementation, but it's by far not as bad as people make it out to be.

@daggerdale.9043 said:youre 2. point dosnt punisch those with multyacounts. let me take youre example of 11 acounts, thats still 52 plants a day. they got way more expensiv so i doubt that they will make less gold. in the end its a reward for multyacounts and a punishment for more casual players.

Except the effort is way higher maintaining more accounts while the return is way way waaaay lower. The return goes down from around 8 gold to around 2-3 gold with massiv added effort.

it wasnt 8 gold. the price where around 30-40 silver for the good stuff. thats 4-5 gold with 3 gardens.now the price is at 1 gold 30- 1 gold 40. thats 5-6 gold for 1 garden. so in the end only one who profit are those with multiacounts. and to farm seeds isnt hard work if you know how to. i managed to get 100 seeds in under 4h

@daggerdale.9043 said:

@"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

was

yes i get the picture, but than can be blocked in other ways. the way they did it is clearly to force more people to buy gardens.you can make the plants disapear at 2am ( no endless seed). you can make them flaged after they got harvested 1 time and diapear when you leave the home (max 6x harvesting). you can make the herbs acountbound. or a mix of that ideas.like flag them when they get harvest 1x and than let them disapera at 2am and make herbs acountbound.there are countless ways to deal with exploiding it without make it p2w.

All of those "solutions" are way more convoluted and in some cases can be way more unfair. They went with the easiest implementation for maximum effect: only the person who planted the seed gets to gather them. Easy to understand, easy to balance around, easier to code than some of the ideas in this thread and harder to exploit.

@daggerdale.9043 said:

it wasnt 8 gold. the price where around 30-40 silver for the good stuff. thats 4-5 gold with 3 gardens.now the price is at 1 gold 30- 1 gold 40. thats 5-6 gold for 1 garden. so in the end only one who profit are those with multiacounts. and to farm seeds isnt hard work if you know how to. i managed to get 100 seeds in under 4h

You seem to still not understand that farming seeds is a non scalable process...

Old system: 10 accounts = free profit for a couple of minutes gathering.

New system (using your timeframe): 10 accounts = 40 hours of investment.

@yann.1946 said:

We'll it's slightly more pay2win as permenant gathering tools are.

We'll that I'd not really true, because the loss per harvest becomes a lot bigger for multi accounts.

yep some endless tools are preaty p2w. true.

more infestment. not realy. learn cook and make sylfary quest 2-3h. and a bit gold. harfest 4 extra seeds under 10 min work. ok making compost cost raised aloth. its now around 15 silver for 1 plant. and not 15 silver for x plants.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

This food is not meant to be used solo all the time. Or if you do, you pay a premium.

no its not solo food. but you may like it use it in raids, or in fractals, and for wvwv its all day food. if you a forced to switch builds often for special needs than you end up with 2-3 different foods you consume in 1h. happens to me on regular base in raids. and than is 4 foods a day not much at all.

I don't like the change. Either revert it or make it so only the instance owner can farm but the seeds aren't destroyed after use (like every other seed that can be planted in the garden).

Atm, all this looks to be is a food sink since you need to salvage 300 pieces of food a day for all 12 garden plots

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:This was not an exploit it was something allowed for as long as Garden plots were first sold. My friends could come and harvest my two plots for extra primer flowers and that was fine. They could come and harvest for the food we used in our gameplay. How is this with ascended seeds any different than before?

was

All of those "solutions" are way more convoluted and in some cases can be way more unfair. They went with the easiest implementation for maximum effect: only the person who planted the seed gets to gather them. Easy to understand, easy to balance around, easier to code than some of the ideas in this thread and harder to exploit.

You seem to still not understand that farming seeds is a non scalable process...

40h rofl. i farm you 4 seeds in under 10 min if i have bad luck. and in 1 min if im lucky.

@daggerdale.9043 said:

was

40h rofl. i farm you 4 seeds in under 10 min if i have bad luck. and in 1 min if im lucky.

..... you do understand the concept that more work per account versus not more work per account is a scalability difference right?

It does not matter how long it takes. In one situation the reward is scalable without issue since no extra work is required, in the other, you have multiplicative workload for less reward.

How does the result change with 20 accounts? What about 50? What about 100?

EDIT: also I used your number provided since you said you farmed 100 seeds in 4h. Logic dicates, that once those 100 seeds are used up, you will need 100 more. 10 accounts will consume those 100 seeds 10 times as fast as 1 account. Thus the workload is 10x.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

was

..... you do understand the concept that more work per account versus not more work per account is a scalability difference right?

It does not matter how long it takes. In one situation the effort is scalable without issue since no extra work is required, in the other, you have multiplicative workload.

How does the result change with 20 accounts? What about 50? What about 100?

no i get you. its more work. but that more work is ignoreable. those who get punished by this patch are not the multyacount users, they just need to invest a few more min work. and have now a bigger profit than in the past. those who got punished are the casuals and the teamplayers.

lets use 100 acounts. pepperseeds. 4 seeds for average 5 min farm time. that would be 8h and 20 min. you get 400 herbs for that. which you can sell in the moment for 1,27 gold. lets say you pay 15 silver for the compost than you have in that time a provit, after fees, of 371gold and 80 silver.

@"daggerdale.9043" said:you couldnt farm several times.

Yes, you could. I only tested it once and was able to re-enter my friend's instance and harvest it twice in a row. It was clear to me that this was unintended. Another result of this was that the seeds I then planted in my own instance that night turned automatically back to "Open Soil". The whole system was bugged, and I am happy it got fixed.