For the Love of God, Delete Mesmer Mantras!

shadowpass.4236

@phokus.8934 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Edit: On a scale from 1-10, how difficult is it for you to chew gum and walk at the same time?
  1. :joy:
  2. My dude... you can blind/distort/daze/stun/immobilize and walk behind/super speed/etc. etc. in order to get a mantra channel off. It is
    extremely
    easy to do on mesmer.
  3. You're making me laugh lmao. Who cares how many clicks it takes?? MoR heals you for up to 10k health every 10 seconds. It's by far one of the strongest healing skills in the game.
  4. What?
  5. Please,
    please
    tell me you're memeing me about the "focus" issue.
  6. The mantra burst usually only shatters with one clone. If you strip boons with f2 in s/t, you can swap to gs and still do the full combo without an issue in
    under
    2 seconds.
  7. Uh huh. I'm top 30 on core berserker mantra mesmer even though I have barely any prior experience on it. I also place top 30 on EU with 120-180 ping.
  8. I don't. However, the fact is that a properly executed mantra burst is impossible to avoid. As an experienced player, instantly dying to something with absolutely zero tells is frustrating. Again, that reinforces my point that no one on EU can play the build properly. Mantra mesmers have consistently been in the top 10 on NA every season. It's extremely efficient at farming ranked.
  9. Did you ever play with this heal seriously ?
  10. Dude, half you mention is melee, or aren't instant or are keyskill with way larger CD than mantra CD.
  11. No problem, I'm laughing too, lets continue it's fun.You willn ever spam MoR every 10 sec, again let's use it and enjoy the "best heal in the game".
  12. When you are under thief/rev/holo/whatever who are faster than you, you care less about having stability than about getting out of their focus. It's what other utility skill does and it's why MoC isn't used.
  13. Class who use stability skill on their skillbar have kisscool effects on thoses skills, not just a "pop stability".
  14. 2 seconds isn't a one shot kill anymore.
  15. Just to confirm something, didn't you play during off peak because it was full night on your country thanks to time shift ?
  16. And again, when I compare NA stream and EU stream, well I will not elaborate this argumentation too far because it will pull everyone but I maintain my view that in EU, players know how to counter better high burst spec like FA ele or mantra mes.

1. Yes. Mirror is insanely powerful. You struggle to comprehend how much utility is packed into this skill.
  2. Sure! So don't use any of the ways to guarantee mantra channels, don't rotate through cooldowns as you need to use them, and channel your mantras directly in front of people that have interrupts ready!
  3. Again, it's not very hard to fully channel mantras on core mesmer. It's even easier on Mirage.
  4. Okay but that doesn't change the fact that Mantra of Concentration gives you 11 seconds of stability, double stun breaks, and other strong boons on a 15 second cooldown. Lol...
  5. What? I can't understand you.
  6. Dude you can't even follow the flow of the conversation. Stop taking my words out of context.
    • You said, "If you wait more than 2 sec between F2 and F1, chances are high they reproc boons."
    • So I said, "If you strip boons with f2 in s/t, you can swap to gs and still do the full combo without an issue in
      under
      2 seconds."I did NOT say it takes 2 seconds to do the oneshot combo. So please, do me a favor and read better so I don't have to restate the same things over and over.
  7. Full night? Time shift? Lol... what are you talking about... I que when I get home from school sometime after 3pm during NA prime time. I do not que dodge, I do not que at off-hours. I have a schedule and life outside of GW2 so I'm not going to spend a whole bunch of time and effort to try and artificially make my matches easier when I don't even need to in the first place. :joy:
  8. And EU players cannot seem to counter condi thieves. lmao
  1. ? wrong 1 ?
  2. You will explain me that now every "top" mesmer from NA use heal mantra ?
  3. Which is useless in our case as explained.
  4. I haven't time to detail because of going work, will do it later because it need some link but i disagree.
  1. Oh yeah. Either way, like I said to someone else earlier in this thread, I think you missed a few metas because Mantra of Recovery used to be extremely busted on Mirage.
  2. I'm not saying it's meta. I'm saying it's objectively one of the strongest healing skills in the game and is perfectly viable.
  3. It's not useless. Just because you say it's useless, doesn't make it useless. :joy:Mantra of Concentration is objectively ones of the best stunbreak/stability utilities in the game based off of numbers alone.1) Explain how MoR was busted (and now not) on Mirage when it hasn't been touched since pre-POF (except for the increased healing)2) MoR in a vacuum is the highest HPS heal in the game but this isn't played in one3) No questioning that MoC is a really good utility - 5s of 1 stack of Stability after charging and then 3s of 3 stacks of Stability per charge (then you have 11s+2.25s of not having stability)

I think he means a short period of time when Zeromis tried to cheeze the full dodge gain on 10s cd out of adventurer rune with mantra charges.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"apharma.3741" said:Mantra of Restoration healing for 10k with a 10s cool down?

Let's fact check that one.

Mantra of Recovery - 2¼s Activation time - 10s Recharge timeHealing: 3,275 (0.4)?Number of Casts: 2

Power Return - 1s Recharge time

Healing: 1,640 (0.25)?Healing below 50%: 2,620 (0.4)?Health Threshold: 50%Count Recharge: 20sMaximum Count: 2

So let's do some math:3,275 + 1,640 +1,640 = 6,555or3,275 + 2,620 + 2,620 = 8,515

Hmmm that's yet again a lie from the OP as usual.

That's not all though, 10s recharge + 2¼s activation time + 1s Recharge time between mantra means the cycle time is 13s - 14s assuming we're hitting the heal exactly on recharges.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mantra_of_Recoveryhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_Return

TLDR: Don't accept the claims of biased users with an agenda without checking it. I would encourage everyone to properly scrutinise the "facts" being presented in this thread as many do not stand up.

NA mathematics, he also says that stow is 4s cd, while its 5s.I tried to recreate his 7,1k hit with sword 1.Turns out that without stacking might/vulnerability biggest hit i got was 4,9kso what he propably did was stack 25might/vulnerability. and used runes/sigils that give % damage increase even tho you would never ever use them on sword.bend the truth.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

1. There are so many ways to deal with the thief. I do not have to stealth in order to survive getting jumped by one.
  2. Your reaction time must be INSANELY slow if the quickest you can blink after the thief is after two whole Infiltrator's Arrows :joy: Not to mention they'll be completely out of initiative. What tier thieves are you fighting that double IA the second you go into stealth? LOL
  3. If you can't reactively dodge the attack portion of Infiltrator's Strike, you probably don't have the skill level necessary to debate this topic properly.
  4. Again, L2P issue. Why are you worried about getting decapped on a roaming build? Are you trying to side node with mantra mesmer? :joy:
  5. Another L2P issue. You can cancel Mirror right before the cast time finishes to get the full reflect and it only puts the heal on a 4 second cooldown. I figured a mesmer main would know that.
  6. I've had thieves attempt to "hunt me" all game because they knew I was on glass mesmer. Unfortunately for them, they ended up getting farmed.
  7. Lol I had Vallun chasing me for two minutes on thief. He couldn't kill me until I was getting 3v1'd.
  8. So they are bad.
  9. You play a build that require some setup to one shot, you will never one shot a half decent thief with blink->burst where he can see you.
  10. I can on bad thiefs too, you know the same as you meet.
  11. So you admit being weakier than other roaming build ? :joy:
  12. Then you didn't get the full reflect duration
    and
    cases where it's better to delay the heal aren't many. Not saying that a thief will not projectile evade while you reflect but aoe shortbow or melee.
  13. Again you never meet good player, should be thief or rev.
  14. He is on a 1v1 melee build on one of the worst chase ability on thief build, hopefully you can run away and kite.

1. No, the thieves are not bad. You have access to the tools you need to survive against a thief jumping on you on mesmer. If you choose not to use them, you deserve to die.
  2. Lol... really?? No kitten sherlock. Half of this thread is me telling people that setting up the burst properly is what counts. If you walk up to the thief or attempt to blink burst him in plain sight then yeah, chances are it's not going to connect. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
  3. Okay so I get the feeling English isn't your first language because a lot of your responses make zero sense in regards to what I said. Also, I can't completely understand you all of the time. If you have a good reaction time and you're paying attention, you can reactively dodge Infiltrator's Strike 100% of the time. The immobilize will hit you a quarter of a second after the teleport. In other words, it's equivalent to the average person's reaction time to visual stimuli. The majority of players in the game can dodge it reliably if they practiced.
  4. See the first half of the above response. I have no idea what point you're trying to get across or what you mean.
  5. Lol?? Like I said, it's a L2P issue on your part. You can essentially get the full reflect duration and put it on a 4 second cooldown if you cancel it right before it finishes casting. There are plenty of reasons and applications for this. Obviously, if you desperately need the healing, then don't cancel it unless you have a reason to. However, there are a lot of times when I'm at full health where I can easily reflect Point Blank Shot or engi rifle projectiles + static discharges just cause Mirror is busted like that. In the condi thief matchup, if I get hit with S2 I can just reactively Mirror the Lotus Training that follows.
  6. I've been playing in tournaments/competitively since this game came out. I've fought against all of the top players on NA as well as a majority of the ones on EU including Sind and co.
  7. Stop contradicting yourself. The build he's running has WAY more mobility than I do. However, I reacted every time he tried to hit me in stealth, I LoS'd his projectiles, stayed out of range of Swipe, juked him, baited his dodges, and I even did a nice little Mirror cancel into torch 4 to blind his next attack which could've killed me cause I wasn't going to get the heal off in time. Etc. etc. there was a lot more I did to outplay Vallun in the clips I linked
  1. They have better pressure uptime than you have sustain uptime, if you can't get it, you probably better focus on 1 profession than do aproximative multiclass.
  2. ? so we agree ?
  3. Most thieves attacks can be dodged by
    anticipation
    , not by visualising the animation because 0.25 sec isn't readable if :
    • the thief has > 50 ping : the animation will trigger after the attack.
    • you have >50 ping : your dodge will trigger after the attack.Then he has a better pressure uptime than you have with tempo uptime so ofc you can survive the first 20 sec, but after this, it's a matter of time that you will get hit and even few hit mean : cripple and weakness that mean you shouldn't move that easier on the IS location and a burst under weakness is unlikely.
  4. Thief has only few attacks that need to be reflected in his tools.
  5. Which doesn't describe if you get top 30 off peak or not.
  6. And what were the result vs sind and co ?
  7. His build with staff is under other thief builds in term of chasing ability. it's a 1v1 on point fight build.
  1. Okay so let's put this scenario out there.
    • Thief opens with S2
    • If I don't evade it, I can use Power Lock or Diversion immediately to prevent the thief from landing the immobilize then distort or GS2 cancel swap into Blurred Frenzy or stealth to try and bait the steal out when he thinks I'm going to burst.
    • Etc. etc.You have 2 stealth with >=30 sec CD, if you use it on an attack who can be used many time, it's bad.Best is to use a lock or dodge yeah but he will not eat a dead burst with this.GS2 cancel for what ?I can play every class and maintain my rating. There are a few I can carry games on with ranger and mesmer being the most effective for me.Which mean that this game is in a so bad pegi4 gameplay state that eveyone can pickup a build from metabattle and perform at the same level he has. I see the same when I try a metabattle thief build a day.
  2. Every single non-stealth attack except for steal and other instant cast abilities can be avoided reactively. I have anywhere from 20-60 ping on NA depending on what else is going on. I never have an issue dodging it. It'll only start to get unreliable at around 95 ping with average reaction times.When you add the opponent ping + the user ping = you are very unlikely to animation react to a 0.25 cast.We can discuss about NA connexion versus EU connexion if you want.
  3. Lol I only que on NA peak hours during the week.
  4. I've fought Sind on both NA and EU. I main side node so I was able to kite him pretty effectively on several maps including in a 1v2 with one of the engi mains on his team during a tournament. However, since I was running lb/gs ranger (weapons that don't have instant interrupts), I had to save them to interrupt Larcenous Strike rather than Infiltrator's Strike.Will answer this in the other reply post because we are mixing two discussions.
  5. Okay but that build still has way higher mobility than I do on core berserker mes. He should've been able to easily stay on top of me.Not since mes has superspeed on manipulation.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Edit: On a scale from 1-10, how difficult is it for you to chew gum and walk at the same time?
  2. My dude... you can blind/distort/daze/stun/immobilize and walk behind/super speed/etc. etc. in order to get a mantra channel off. It is
    extremely
    easy to do on mesmer.
  3. You're making me laugh lmao. Who cares how many clicks it takes?? MoR heals you for up to 10k health every 10 seconds. It's by far one of the strongest healing skills in the game.
  4. What?
  5. Please,
    please
  6. The mantra burst usually only shatters with one clone. If you strip boons with f2 in s/t, you can swap to gs and still do the full combo without an issue in
    under
    2 seconds.
  7. Uh huh. I'm top 30 on core berserker mantra mesmer even though I have barely any prior experience on it. I also place top 30 on EU with 120-180 ping.
  8. I don't. However, the fact is that a properly executed mantra burst is impossible to avoid. As an experienced player, instantly dying to something with absolutely zero tells is frustrating. Again, that reinforces my point that no one on EU can play the build properly. Mantra mesmers have consistently been in the top 10 on NA every season. It's extremely efficient at farming ranked.
  10. Dude, half you mention is melee, or aren't instant or are keyskill with way larger CD than mantra CD.
  11. No problem, I'm laughing too, lets continue it's fun.You willn ever spam MoR every 10 sec, again let's use it and enjoy the "best heal in the game".
  12. When you are under thief/rev/holo/whatever who are faster than you, you care less about having stability than about getting out of their focus. It's what other utility skill does and it's why MoC isn't used.
  13. Class who use stability skill on their skillbar have kisscool effects on thoses skills, not just a "pop stability".
  15. Just to confirm something, didn't you play during off peak because it was full night on your country thanks to time shift ?
  16. And again, when I compare NA stream and EU stream, well I will not elaborate this argumentation too far because it will pull everyone but I maintain my view that in EU, players know how to counter better high burst spec like FA ele or mantra mes.

1. Yes. Mirror is insanely powerful. You struggle to comprehend how much utility is packed into this skill.
  2. Sure! So don't use any of the ways to guarantee mantra channels, don't rotate through cooldowns as you need to use them, and channel your mantras directly in front of people that have interrupts ready!
  3. Again, it's not very hard to fully channel mantras on core mesmer. It's even easier on Mirage.
  4. Okay but that doesn't change the fact that Mantra of Concentration gives you 11 seconds of stability, double stun breaks, and other strong boons on a 15 second cooldown. Lol...
  6. Dude you can't even follow the flow of the conversation. Stop taking my words out of context.
    • You said, "If you wait more than 2 sec between F2 and F1, chances are high they reproc boons."
    • So I said, "If you strip boons with f2 in s/t, you can swap to gs and still do the full combo without an issue in
      under
      2 seconds."I did NOT say it takes 2 seconds to do the oneshot combo. So please, do me a favor and read better so I don't have to restate the same things over and over.
  7. Full night? Time shift? Lol... what are you talking about... I que when I get home from school sometime after 3pm during NA prime time. I do not que dodge, I do not que at off-hours. I have a schedule and life outside of GW2 so I'm not going to spend a whole bunch of time and effort to try and artificially make my matches easier when I don't even need to in the first place. :joy:
  1. ? wrong 1 ?
  4. I haven't time to detail because of going work, will do it later because it need some link but i disagree.
  1. Oh yeah. Either way, like I said to someone else earlier in this thread, I think you missed a few metas because Mantra of Recovery used to be extremely busted on Mirage.I never see a mes running MoR since they nerfed the condi clear in inspiration.
  2. I'm not saying it's meta. I'm saying it's objectively one of the strongest healing skills in the game and is perfectly viable.And I answering that it's not.
  3. It's not useless. Just because you say it's useless, doesn't make it useless. :joy:It's not the strongest healing skills in the game just because you say it, there are way more things to consider than just the raw heal per sec.Mantra of Concentration is objectively ones of the best stunbreak/stability utilities in the game based off of numbers alone.That's why it's never used.Now that I have time I will describe why (all of theses breakstunt.):When you look at other class similar skill :Stand the ground has a 600 AOE (MoC 240 radius, hello), longer duration while longer CD, instant cast.U elixir give Quickness, Stability and vigor for 6 sec baseline of time + might+ heal + , instant cast (+ toss.).Trail of anguish corrupt boon, apply condition, give swiftness and stab for 6sec baseline, instant cast.Rampage, well it's rampage.Dolyak stance clear movement condition while being immune to it + give 6 sec stab baseline (it's more with leader of the pack.), instant cast.

Did you start to understand why having a 3 rechannel cast on a 'only apply stability' skill is bad ?Did you start to understand that even for other professions, having mobility utility give better sustain than stab utility ?So explain me the pro of having mantra of concentration on my skillbar please. In which world having 2*3 sec of stability versus class who, for most of them run fastier than me is an advantage ?

1. Dude you can't even follow the flow of the conversation. Stop taking my words out of context.
    • So I said, "If you strip boons with f2 in s/t, you can swap to gs and still do the full combo without an issue in under 2 seconds."I did NOT say it takes 2 seconds to do the oneshot combo. So please, do me a favor and read better so I don't have to restate the same things over and over.So now the full combo work even with no stealth engaging ? Is stealth fine now ?
  2. Full night? Time shift? Lol... what are you talking about... I que when I get home from school sometime after 3pm during NA prime time. I do not que dodge, I do not que at off-hours. I have a schedule and life outside of GW2 so I'm not going to spend a whole bunch of time and effort to try and artificially make my matches easier when I don't even need to in the first place. :joy:There is +4 to +9 time shift between NA and EU so basically when it's the prime time on NA it's full night on EU. In which case it's not difficult at all to be 30+ on EU ladder. (Thats how 4 players in top 10 currently play.)
  3. And EU players cannot seem to counter condi thieves. lmaoEU player counter condi thieves but not on a non viable burst build.

@"apharma.3741" said:Mantra of Restoration healing for 10k with a 10s cool down?

Mantra of Recovery - 2¼s Activation time - 10s Recharge timeHealing: 3,275 (0.4)?Number of Casts: 2

Healing: 1,640 (0.25)?Healing below 50%: 2,620 (0.4)?Health Threshold: 50%Count Recharge: 20sMaximum Count: 2

So let's do some math:3,275 + 1,640 +1,640 = 6,555or3,275 + 2,620 + 2,620 = 8,515

That's not all though, 10s recharge + 2¼s activation time + 1s Recharge time between mantra means the cycle time is 13s - 14s assuming we're hitting the heal exactly on recharges.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mantra_of_Recoveryhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_Return

TLDR: Don't accept the claims of biased users with an agenda without checking it. I would encourage everyone to properly scrutinise the "facts" being presented in this thread as many do not stand up.

It's not a lie. You just don't know what you're talking about. :joy:

Yes, Mantra of Restoration can heal up to 10,155 health with zero healing power investment (3275 + 2,620 + 2,620 + 1,640). You forget about Restorative Mantras? lol...

The cooldown on Mantra of Recovery is 10 seconds so the fact that you're trying to argue semantics on whether or not cooldown = recharge time is redundant.

LMAO you're one to speak about bias. Continue blindly defending mesmer. I've provided pictures, videos, and math to back up my claims. You just try to downplay and belittle people's arguments instead of creating a foundation for your own. Or, maybe you just don't have the necessary knowledge needed to debate these topics.

The facts are:

1. Mantra mesmer's entire combo is no harder than landing steal.
  2. Mantra mesmers have been consistently placing in the top 10 for years.
  3. The builds work at high levels.
  4. It is impossible to reactively dodge steal (even "harder" to do so when used from stealth xd), thus it is impossible to reactively dodge a properly executed mantra burst.
  5. The build is incredibly easy to play as the entire spec revolves around the same exact combo every time. There are very few mechanics involved outside of this.

@Kondor.2904 said:

extremely
    easy to do on mesmer.
  4. What?
  5. Please,
    please
    under
    2 seconds.

under
  1. ? wrong 1 ?
  1. Oh yeah. Either way, like I said to someone else earlier in this thread, I think you missed a few metas because Mantra of Recovery used to be extremely busted on Mirage.
  2. I'm not saying it's meta. I'm saying it's objectively one of the strongest healing skills in the game and is perfectly viable.
  3. It's not useless. Just because you say it's useless, doesn't make it useless. :joy:Mantra of Concentration is objectively ones of the best stunbreak/stability utilities in the game based off of numbers alone.1) Explain how MoR was busted (and now not) on Mirage when it hasn't been touched since pre-POF (except for the increased healing)2) MoR in a vacuum is the highest HPS heal in the game but this isn't played in one3) No questioning that MoC is a really good utility - 5s of 1 stack of Stability after charging and then 3s of 3 stacks of Stability per charge (then you have 11s+2.25s of not having stability)

I think he means a short period of time when Zeromis tried to cheeze the full dodge gain on 10s cd out of adventurer rune with mantra charges.

Correct! It wasn't only Zeromis though. Kronos and a lot of other mesmers were abusing it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

NA mathematics, he also says that stow is 4s cd, while its 5s.I tried to recreate his 7,1k hit with sword 1.Turns out that without stacking might/vulnerability biggest hit i got was 4,9kso what he propably did was stack 25might/vulnerability. and used runes/sigils that give % damage increase even tho you would never ever use them on sword.bend the truth.

More like EU education :joy:

@viquing.8254 said:

1. There are so many ways to deal with the thief. I do not have to stealth in order to survive getting jumped by one.
  2. Your reaction time must be INSANELY slow if the quickest you can blink after the thief is after two whole Infiltrator's Arrows :joy: Not to mention they'll be completely out of initiative. What tier thieves are you fighting that double IA the second you go into stealth? LOL
  3. If you can't reactively dodge the attack portion of Infiltrator's Strike, you probably don't have the skill level necessary to debate this topic properly.
  4. Again, L2P issue. Why are you worried about getting decapped on a roaming build? Are you trying to side node with mantra mesmer? :joy:
  5. Another L2P issue. You can cancel Mirror right before the cast time finishes to get the full reflect and it only puts the heal on a 4 second cooldown. I figured a mesmer main would know that.
  6. I've had thieves attempt to "hunt me" all game because they knew I was on glass mesmer. Unfortunately for them, they ended up getting farmed.
  7. Lol I had Vallun chasing me for two minutes on thief. He couldn't kill me until I was getting 3v1'd.
  8. So they are bad.
  9. You play a build that require some setup to one shot, you will never one shot a half decent thief with blink->burst where he can see you.
  10. I can on bad thiefs too, you know the same as you meet.
  11. So you admit being weakier than other roaming build ? :joy:
  12. Then you didn't get the full reflect duration
    and
    cases where it's better to delay the heal aren't many. Not saying that a thief will not projectile evade while you reflect but aoe shortbow or melee.
  13. Again you never meet good player, should be thief or rev.
  14. He is on a 1v1 melee build on one of the worst chase ability on thief build, hopefully you can run away and kite.

1. No, the thieves are not bad. You have access to the tools you need to survive against a thief jumping on you on mesmer. If you choose not to use them, you deserve to die.
  2. Lol... really?? No kitten sherlock. Half of this thread is me telling people that setting up the burst properly is what counts. If you walk up to the thief or attempt to blink burst him in plain sight then yeah, chances are it's not going to connect. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
  3. Okay so I get the feeling English isn't your first language because a lot of your responses make zero sense in regards to what I said. Also, I can't completely understand you all of the time. If you have a good reaction time and you're paying attention, you can reactively dodge Infiltrator's Strike 100% of the time. The immobilize will hit you a quarter of a second after the teleport. In other words, it's equivalent to the average person's reaction time to visual stimuli. The majority of players in the game can dodge it reliably if they practiced.
  4. See the first half of the above response. I have no idea what point you're trying to get across or what you mean.
  5. Lol?? Like I said, it's a L2P issue on your part. You can essentially get the full reflect duration and put it on a 4 second cooldown if you cancel it right before it finishes casting. There are plenty of reasons and applications for this. Obviously, if you desperately need the healing, then don't cancel it unless you have a reason to. However, there are a lot of times when I'm at full health where I can easily reflect Point Blank Shot or engi rifle projectiles + static discharges just cause Mirror is busted like that. In the condi thief matchup, if I get hit with S2 I can just reactively Mirror the Lotus Training that follows.
  6. I've been playing in tournaments/competitively since this game came out. I've fought against all of the top players on NA as well as a majority of the ones on EU including Sind and co.
  7. Stop contradicting yourself. The build he's running has WAY more mobility than I do. However, I reacted every time he tried to hit me in stealth, I LoS'd his projectiles, stayed out of range of Swipe, juked him, baited his dodges, and I even did a nice little Mirror cancel into torch 4 to blind his next attack which could've killed me cause I wasn't going to get the heal off in time. Etc. etc. there was a lot more I did to outplay Vallun in the clips I linked
  1. They have better pressure uptime than you have sustain uptime, if you can't get it, you probably better focus on 1 profession than do aproximative multiclass.
  2. ? so we agree ?
  3. Most thieves attacks can be dodged by
    anticipation
    , not by visualising the animation because 0.25 sec isn't readable if :
    • the thief has > 50 ping : the animation will trigger after the attack.
    • you have >50 ping : your dodge will trigger after the attack.Then he has a better pressure uptime than you have with tempo uptime so ofc you can survive the first 20 sec, but after this, it's a matter of time that you will get hit and even few hit mean : cripple and weakness that mean you shouldn't move that easier on the IS location and a burst under weakness is unlikely.
  4. Thief has only few attacks that need to be reflected in his tools.
  5. Which doesn't describe if you get top 30 off peak or not.
  6. And what were the result vs sind and co ?
  7. His build with staff is under other thief builds in term of chasing ability. it's a 1v1 on point fight build.
  1. Okay so let's put this scenario out there.
    • Thief opens with S2
    • If I don't evade it, I can use Power Lock or Diversion immediately to prevent the thief from landing the immobilize then distort or GS2 cancel swap into Blurred Frenzy or stealth to try and bait the steal out when he thinks I'm going to burst.
    • Etc. etc.I can play every class and maintain my rating. There are a few I can carry games on with ranger and mesmer being the most effective for me.
  2. Every single non-stealth attack except for steal and other instant cast abilities can be avoided reactively. I have anywhere from 20-60 ping on NA depending on what else is going on. I never have an issue dodging it. It'll only start to get unreliable at around 95 ping with average reaction times.
  3. Lol I only que on NA peak hours during the week.
  4. I've fought Sind on both NA and EU. I main side node so I was able to kite him pretty effectively on several maps including in a 1v2 with one of the engi mains on his team during a tournament. However, since I was running lb/gs ranger (weapons that don't have instant interrupts), I had to save them to interrupt Larcenous Strike rather than Infiltrator's Strike.
  5. Okay but that build still has way higher mobility than I do on core berserker mes. He should've been able to easily stay on top of me.
  6. You have 2 stealth with >=30 sec CD, if you use it on an attack who can be used many time, it's bad.
  7. Best is to use a lock or dodge yeah but he will not eat a dead burst with this.
  8. GS2 cancel for what ?
  9. Which mean that this game is in a so bad pegi4 gameplay state that eveyone can pickup a build from metabattle and perform at the same level he has. I see the same when I try a metabattle thief build a day.
  10. When you add the opponent ping + the user ping = you are very unlikely to animation react to a 0.25 cast.We can discuss about NA connexion versus EU connexion if you want.Will answer this in the other reply post because we are mixing two discussions.
  11. Not since mes has superspeed on manipulation.

Okay. First of all, can you please stop pressing enter every single time you respond to a different sentence. It's spacing them out and I have to keep formatting them to make them easier to read.

1. Yeah but they last 4 seconds and 9 seconds respectively and pulse protective boons like protection and aegis. Not only will the thief be unable to target you for 13 seconds, but any attacks they do hit you with after you come out of stealth (if you aren't halfway across the map and out of combat) will do less damage (prot) or no damage (aegis).
  2. I don't need to oneshot him after preventing the S2 from hitting if that's what you're saying.
  3. Lol just watch these clips of me fighting Vallun. I cancelled GS2 several times to bait out his evades. Go to 42 seconds and 10 seconds.
  4. No it means I have a lot of experience playing every class and understand how they all work and play at a high level.
  5. Your opponent's ping has no effect on whether or not you dodge the attack.
  6. Sorry to break it to you but that thief build still has way more mobility than I do even with the superspeed.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Doesn't look like a 4.9k / 5 second stow to me. /shrug

I'm still not on board with deleting mesmer mantras, but let's not downplay damage for no reason. Mantra mesmer runs Zerker scholar by default, so there's no way to claim you were using a weaker ammy, there's no point to do so for mantra build.

As for the post I was tagged in way back:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

• "Mantra builds are memes"
  • "They don't work against good players"
  • "Just react"
  • "Play tanky builds"
  • "Mantras are easy to interrupt"

These are agreeably bullkitten excuses.

He could react to this one.

This, however, is insane. There was no indication that that burst was coming at any point.

• part 1Vallun chasing me for two minutes. He's a thief btw, a "mesmer's counter"
  • part 2

I don't know what the point to this is. Thieves haven't been mesmer counters for a long time. If your angle is that mesmers can still sustain and would thus survive a damage nerf to mantras/mantra build, I am inclined to agree to that.

I do not think the mantra mechanic itself should change. I am, however, definitely open to reducing the amount of damage one can do untelegraphed.

Thank you for providing video documentation. It's much better than hearsay.

@viquing.8254 said:

extremely
    easy to do on mesmer.
  4. What?
  5. Please,
    please
    under
    2 seconds.

under
  1. ? wrong 1 ?
  3. It's not useless. Just because you say it's useless, doesn't make it useless. :joy:Mantra of Concentration is objectively ones of the best stunbreak/stability utilities in the game based off of numbers alone.
  4. Dude you can't even follow the flow of the conversation. Stop taking my words out of context.
      under
  5. Full night? Time shift? Lol... what are you talking about... I que when I get home from school sometime after 3pm during NA prime time. I do not que dodge, I do not que at off-hours. I have a schedule and life outside of GW2 so I'm not going to spend a whole bunch of time and effort to try and artificially make my matches easier when I don't even need to in the first place. :joy:
  6. And EU players cannot seem to counter condi thieves. lmao
  1. I never see a mes running MoR since they nerfed the condi clear in inspiration.
  2. And I answering that it's not.
  3. It's not the strongest healing skills in the game just because you say it, there are way more things to consider than just the raw heal per sec.
  4. That's why it's never used.Now that I have time I will describe why (all of theses breakstunt.):When you look at other class similar skill :Stand the ground has a 600 AOE (MoC 240 radius, hello), longer duration while longer CD, instant cast.U elixir give Quickness, Stability and vigor for 6 sec baseline of time + might+ heal + , instant cast (+ toss.).Trail of anguish corrupt boon, apply condition, give swiftness and stab for 6sec baseline, instant cast.Rampage, well it's rampage.Dolyak stance clear movement condition while being immune to it + give 6 sec stab baseline (it's more with leader of the pack.), instant cast.
  5. Did you start to understand why having a 3 rechannel cast on a 'only apply stability' skill is bad ?
  6. Did you start to understand that even for other professions, having mobility utility give better sustain than stab utility ?
  7. So explain me the pro of having mantra of concentration on my skillbar please. In which world having 2*3 sec of stability versus class who, for most of them run fastier than me is an advantage ?
  8. So now the full combo work even with no stealth engaging ? Is stealth fine now ?
  9. There is +4 to +9 time shift between NA and EU so basically when it's the prime time on NA it's full night on EU. In which case it's not difficult at all to be 30+ on EU ladder. (Thats how 4 players in top 10 currently play.)
  10. EU player counter condi thieves but not on a non viable burst build.
  1. Okay. It's still perfectly viable.
  2. Up to 10,155 healing with zero healing power investment on a 10 second cooldown. You're wrong. Mantra of Recovery is objectively one of the strongest healing skills in the game.
  3. No, it's one of the strongest healing skills based off of reality and numbers.
  4. It's used.
  5. It's not bad.
  6. Both are equally important.
  7. Sure. It gives you 11 seconds of stability (7 stacks total), 5 seconds of aegis, and 5 seconds of quickness on a 15 second cooldown with ZERO investment into boon duration.
  8. Yeah the combo works without stealth engaging. S3, Swap, Diversion, oneshot.
  9. I stream snipe Sindrener and a few other EU streamers when I play there. I played at whatever times they were on.
  10. K

@"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:Doesn't look like a 4.9k / 5 second stow to me. /shrugI'm still not on board with deleting mesmer mantras, but let's not downplay damage for no reason. Mantra mesmer runs Zerker scholar by default, so there's no way to claim you were using a weaker ammy, there's no point to do so for mantra build.As for the post I was tagged in way back:These are agreeably bullkitten excuses.He could react to this one.This, however, is insane. There was no indication that that burst was coming at any point.I don't know what the point to this is. Thieves haven't been mesmer counters for a long time. If your angle is that mesmers can still sustain and would thus survive a damage nerf to mantras/mantra build, I am inclined to agree to that.I do not think the mantra mechanic itself should change. I am, however, definitely open to reducing the amount of damage one can do untelegraphed.Thank you for providing video documentation. It's much better than hearsay.

Thank you for your feedback! I wish more people were as reasonable as you. :)

1. "Deleting" mesmer mantras is just hyperbole. However, they are overtuned and in serious need of reworking/nerfs.
  2. Yeah he could but the burst was still exceptionally fast for how much damage it did.
  3. The second clip was an example of a properly executed mantra burst. I'm not the best at the build, but players like Mur and CJ can do that way more consistently (even though I can still land it reliably).
  4. People consider thieves to be the counter to mesmers because plasma lets them get their damage off a lot more easily.

And yeah, no problem. I will continue to make videos to prove my points and address all of the misinformation/misconceptions that I hear in these threads.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:Doesn't look like a 4.9k / 5 second stow to me. /shrugI'm still not on board with deleting mesmer mantras, but let's not downplay damage for no reason. Mantra mesmer runs Zerker scholar by default, so there's no way to claim you were using a weaker ammy, there's no point to do so for mantra build.As for the post I was tagged in way back:These are agreeably bullkitten excuses.He could react to
, however, is insane. There was no indication that that burst was coming at any point.I don't know what the point to this is. Thieves haven't been mesmer counters for a long time. If your angle is that mesmers can still sustain and would thus survive a damage nerf to mantras/mantra build, I am inclined to agree to that.I do not think the mantra mechanic itself should change. I am, however, definitely open to reducing the amount of damage one can do untelegraphed.Thank you for providing video documentation. It's much better than hearsay.

Thank you for your feedback! I wish more people were as reasonable as you. :)
  1. "Deleting" mesmer mantras is just hyperbole. However, they
    are
    overtuned and in serious need of reworking/nerfs.
  2. Yeah he could but the burst was still exceptionally fast for how much damage it did.
  3. The second clip was an example of a properly executed mantra burst. I'm not the best at the build, but players like Mur and CJ can do that way more consistently (even though I can still land it reliably).
  4. People consider thieves to be the counter to mesmers because plasma lets them get their damage off a lot more easily.

And yeah, no problem. I will continue to make videos to prove my points and address all of the misinformation/misconceptions that I hear in these threads.

I guess no one figured out your ofp staff thief build.

Phew....

Maybe you should have shared it with Vallun.

He already had the staff, all he needed was the build and we could put this thread to rest.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I guess no one figured out your ofp staff thief build.Phew....Maybe you should have shared it with Vallun.He already had the staff, all he needed was the build and we could put this thread to rest.

Being able to stick to me =/= me instantly losing. Vallun was able to close the distance on me several times but I evaded/cc'd the damage and stayed out of the range of his Swipes when I knew he had them up.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I guess no one figured out your ofp staff thief build.Phew....Maybe you should have shared it with Vallun.He already had the staff, all he needed was the build and we could put this thread to rest.

Being able to stick to me =/= me instantly losing. Vallun was able to close the distance on me several times but I evaded/cc'd the damage and stayed out of the range of his Swipes when I knew he had them up.

Well..

I actually meant Vallun wouldn't have died, had he your miracle build.

But, I didn't actually mean it, because, you know...sarcasm.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Yes, Mantra of Restoration can heal up to 10,155 health with zero healing power investment (3275 + 2,620 + 2,620 + 1,640). You forget about
? lol...

The cooldown on Mantra of Recovery
is
10 seconds so the fact that you're trying to argue semantics on whether or not cooldown = recharge time is redundant.

LMAO you're one to speak about bias. Continue blindly defending mesmer. I've provided pictures, videos, and math to back up my claims. You just try to downplay and belittle people's arguments instead of creating a foundation for your own. Or, maybe you just don't have the necessary knowledge needed to debate these topics.

The facts are:
  4. It is impossible to reactively dodge steal (even "harder" to do so when used from stealth xd), thus it is impossible to reactively dodge a properly executed mantra burst.
  5. The build is incredibly easy to play as the entire spec revolves around the same exact combo every time. There are very few mechanics involved outside of this.

Oh forgive me if I was wrong, I didn't realise we were taking inspiration on one shot mesmer now.

You've listed a lot of stuff I didn't say or contest there, stick to the facts I presented and the topic I raised please and that is:1) Mantra of restoration doesn't heal for 10k, it heals for 8.5k max2) You're adding in a trait proc which isn't mantra of restoration which you clearly said3) The cool down is 10s however you added all the healing together therefor you must add all cool downs and casts together to 13-14s.

That is without going into the territory of saying you are unlikely to consistently get the full healing of mantra of recovery and survive.

What were you saying about moving goal posts earlier?

I've exposed you for lying and you've demonstrated continually a warped viewpoint of the class, there is no point continuing a discussion of any kind with someone like this and I shall join @Lincolnbeard.1735 in yeeting out of here.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

I am extreamly happy that sciencists across the globe dont count time in their heads, can you immagine trying to land on the moon and its screwed up, and they guy says meh i counted to 4s it kinda fit.PS good stacking on that mighy/vuln to get the crit.

Edit, and entire point of this sword 1 clown fiesta.to get that hit you have to :1 Be above 90% hp2 Hit with a 3rd attack of the chain3 Hit a light armoured target4 Hit a target without protection, or toughtness5 Hit a target without boons.6 Have 12 might7 Apply vulnerability onto targetSame hit while under 90% against a guardian with prot and other boons would be turned into 2,5k at best. Propably even lower then that.

@apharma.3741 said:

@apharma.3741 said:Mantra of Restoration healing for 10k with a 10s cool down?

Yes, Mantra of Restoration can heal up to 10,155 health with zero healing power investment (3275 + 2,620 + 2,620 + 1,640). You forget about
? lol...

is
10 seconds so the fact that you're trying to argue semantics on whether or not cooldown = recharge time is redundant.

The facts are:

Oh forgive me if I was wrong, I didn't realise we were taking inspiration on one shot mesmer now.

You've listed a lot of stuff I didn't say or contest there, stick to the facts I presented and the topic I raised please and that is:1) Mantra of restoration doesn't heal for 10k, it heals for 8.5k max2) You're adding in a trait proc
which isn't mantra of restoration
which you clearly said3) The cool down is 10s however you added all the healing together therefor you must add all cool downs and casts together to 13-14s.

That is without going into the territory of saying you are unlikely to consistently get the full healing of mantra of recovery and survive.

I've exposed you for lying and you've demonstrated continually a warped viewpoint of the class, there is no point continuing a discussion of any kind with someone like this and I shall join @"Lincolnbeard.1735" in yeeting out of here.
  1. I never said that mantra mesmer used every single mantra lol.
  2. What I did say was that it can heal up to 10k without any healing power investment. This is true.
  3. The cooldown is also 10 seconds. This is true.
  4. I stated the range of the heal correctly as well.

You're trying to "correct" me when all of the information I've provided is correct. How am I lying? :joy:

Again, you've demonstrated a very biased viewpoint of the class. There is no point continuing a discussion of any kind with someone like this.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I am extreamly happy that sciencists across the globe dont count time in their heads, can you immagine trying to land on the moon and its screwed up, and they guy says meh i counted to 4s it kinda fit.PS good stacking on that mighy/vuln to get the crit.

Edit, and entire point of this sword 1 clown fiesta.to get that hit you have to :1 Be above 90% hp2 Hit with a 3rd attack of the chain3 Hit a light armoured target4 Hit a target without protection, or toughtness5 Hit a target without boons.6 Have 12 might7 Apply vulnerability onto targetSame hit while under 90% against a guardian with prot and other boons would be turned into 2,5k at best. Propably even lower then that.

Are you blind? LOL the timer literally starts at 4 seconds

Jesus christ what is with you people. You can test it out for yourself in game :joy:

And watch the second video.

My god...

1. You stated that I must've stacked full might/vulnerability and used extra damage sigils/runes which I did not. I used MoP twice in the first video which is very reasonable to do in an actual fight.
  2. The second video I did not stack any additional might/vulnerability at all.

You got proven wrong. Truth hurts, doesn't it?

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Jesus christ what is with you people. You can test it out for yourself in game :joy:

My god...
  1. You stated that I must've stacked full might/vulnerability and used extra damage sigils/runes which I did not. I used MoP twice in the first video which is very reasonable to do in an actual fight.

You got proven wrong. Truth hurts, doesn't it?"so what he propably did was stack 25might/vulnerability"PROPABLY, im sure its very often you get to charge mantra in melee range against boonless low armored target without toughness and then whack them 3 times on glasscannon mesmer.the spirit of what I said was that hiting that 7,1k in a match is not possible unless someone is downed or afk, which you preety much proven by posting that video btw.but hey go kill people with sword 1, while using that broken 10k heal 10s cd heal mantra, while being compelatly CC immune due to broken stability mantra :D

since you play ranger I shall give you example taken out of context that will possibly show how you look to other people like now.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maul_(ranger_greatsword_skill) is a 4s cooldown attack that hits for 16k!!!! it also buffs the damage and debuff, uterrly broken nerf!taken out of context eh ? am I wrong?

@"shadowpass.4236" said:

2. What I did say was that it can heal up to 10k without any healing power investment. This is true.

You're trying to "correct" me when all of the information I've provided is correct. How am I lying? :joy:

Again, you've demonstrated a very biased viewpoint of the class. There is no point continuing a discussion of any kind with someone like this.The point he's making is that the cooldown is 10 seconds but getting the maximum healing is not 10 seconds; more like 14 seconds when you take into consideration the 2.25 seconds charge and the ICD per cast.

And you'll have to explain your math on 10k healing from MoR when its raw healing is 8515. 3275 + (2620 * 2).

@shadowpass.4236 said:

? lol...

is

The facts are:

You've listed a lot of stuff I didn't say or contest there, stick to the facts I presented and the topic I raised please and that is:1) Mantra of restoration doesn't heal for 10k, it heals for 8.5k max2) You're adding in a trait proc
which you clearly said3) The cool down is 10s however you added all the healing together therefor you must add all cool downs and casts together to 13-14s.

I've exposed you for lying and you've demonstrated continually a warped viewpoint of the class, there is no point continuing a discussion of any kind with someone like this and I shall join @"Lincolnbeard.1735" in yeeting out of here.

You're trying to "correct" me when all of the information I've provided is correct. How am I lying?
:joy:

Again, you've demonstrated a very biased viewpoint of the class. There is no point continuing a discussion of any kind with someone like this.

1. Mantra of Recovery has an incredible amount of healing on a short cooldown. It gives between 6555-10155 health on a 10 second cooldown with ZERO healing power investment that can proc on-heal runes frequently.

From the wiki:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mantra_of_Recovery

The mantra only heals for 3,275 and has a 10s cool down. You are in fact a liar to say it heals for 10k on a 10s cool down.If you add in Restorative Mantras:

Healing: 1,640 (1.0)?Number of Targets: 5Radius: 360

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Restorative_Mantras

That becomes a max of 3,275 + 1,640 = 4915 on a 10s cool down

Either way you're lying.

IF you want to add in the charges for Power Return then you must also add in their recharge and cast times into that final value, you cannot exclude variables because they don't fit your narrative:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_Return

So then it becomes 3,275 + 1,640 + 1,640 + 1,640 = 8,195or up to3,275 + 1,640 + 2,620 + 2,620 = 10,155

With the following casts and cool downs:10 + 2.25 + 1 = 13.25s

July 28, 2015

Fixed a bug that caused mantras to begin recharging as soon as the preparation skill was complete instead of when the last charge was expended.

Mantra of recovery cannot heal for 10k on a 10s cool down without healing power.

That is the end of it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

My god...

You got proven wrong. Truth hurts, doesn't it?"so what he propably did was stack 25might/vulnerability"PROPABLY, im sure its very often you get to charge mantra in melee range against boonless low armored target without toughness and then whack them 3 times on glasscannon mesmer.the spirit of what I said was that hiting that 7,1k in a match is not possible unless someone is downed or afk, which you preety much proven by posting that video btw.but hey go kill people with sword 1, while using that broken 10k heal 10s cd heal mantra, while being compelatly CC immune due to broken stability mantra :D

since you play ranger I shall give you example taken out of context that will possibly show how you look to other people like now.
) is a 4s cooldown attack that hits for 16k!!!! it also buffs the damage and debuff, uterrly broken nerf!taken out of context eh ? am I wrong?

No, I only charge my mantras when I can guarantee the cast (which is fairly easy to do).

• I did not stack 25 might/vulnerability in either video. The first one was around 12 stacks and I hit the light golem for 8k with the third chain.
  • It's plenty possible. After using f2 to strip boons and landing an f1 shatter, running at them with sword autos can easily kill someone because you'll be at 18 might, they'll have max vuln, and they won't have any boons. This is a very realistic/common scenario.

Sorry, you're incorrect again. Maul will not hit for 16k every 4 seconds even if you run full glass. In contrast, the third part of the sword auto attack chain can consistently deal between 5-8k damage every time it connects.

@apharma.3741 said:

? lol...

is

The facts are:

You're trying to "correct" me when all of the information I've provided is correct. How am I lying?
:joy:

1. Mantra of Recovery has an incredible amount of healing on a short cooldown. It gives between 6555-10155 health on a 10 second cooldown with ZERO healing power investment that can proc on-heal runes frequently.

From the wiki:

The mantra only heals for 3,275 and has a 10s cool down. You are in fact a liar to say it heals for 10k on a 10s cool down.If you add in Restorative Mantras:

Healing: 1,640 (1.0)?Number of Targets: 5Radius: 360

That becomes a max of 3,275 + 1,640 = 4915 on a 10s cool down

Either way you're lying.

IF you want to add in the charges for Power Return then you must also add in their recharge and cast times into that final value, you cannot exclude variables because they don't fit your narrative:

So then it becomes 3,275 + 1,640 + 1,640 + 1,640 = 8,195or up to3,275 + 1,640 + 2,620 + 2,620 = 10,155

With the following casts and cool downs:10 + 2.25 + 1 = 13.25s

July 28, 2015Fixed a bug that caused mantras to begin recharging as soon as the preparation skill was complete instead of when the last charge was expended.

Mantra of recovery cannot heal for 10k on a 10s cool down without healing power.

That is the end of it.

Sorry! You're wrong yet again!

• Mantra of Recovery can heal up to 10k without any healing power investment. This is true.
  • The cooldown is also 10 seconds. This is true.
  • I stated the range of the heal correctly as well.

I'm not lying about anything. I proved everything I've said with screenshots, videos, and math. You just can't handle being wrong and resort to arguing semantics as if that actually helps your side of the argument. :joy: