Who was the Genius behind this Scourge Nonsense?

Erandhir.5280

@Mikeskies.1536 said:This Season is the testing. Why else do you think they released PoF mid-season?

Butchering an expansion launch for testing isn't worth it on the long term, just look at what season 1 did to their 400k tournament and PvP in general. They should be smarter than this,

@witcher.3197 said:

@Mikeskies.1536 said:This Season is the testing. Why else do you think they released PoF mid-season?

Butchering an expansion launch for testing isn't worth it on the long term, just look at what season 1 did to their 400k tournament and PvP in general. They should be smarter than this,

c’mon dude. you need to admit it’s you who was the fool for ever getting your hopes up

remember it’s anet we’re dealing with here

game honestly could have had a dota quality scene if the devs knew how to keep to together lol

I gotta admit, i didn't think scourge needed nerfing until i played unranked. Things are different when your teammates wont stop getting wrecked by scourges.

Still, that is unranked and I'm not sure how much balance should be based on unranked. i can confirm that scourge is indeed wrecking unranked queue though.

@Burnfall.9573 said:This is the consequences of rushing unfinished products without testing. Gw2 core: Hot>Pof, the cycle never ends. The question you must ask is what is Anet intention of rushing unfinished products without testing?

Not saying they did it right, but it's just laughable to say it was not tested. There's no way you genuinely believe that.

Let's wait a few days, shall we?The huge part of this scourge hate may be the fact scourge is easy to pick up, unlike other elites.

Already I can say that mirages are catching up and i certainly can't call duelling a mirage a walk in the park.So far spellbreakers, good deadeyes, longbow rangers and now mirages are professions that can send a scourge packing.As long as they play with brain and don't try to stand in aoe 24/7.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:Let's wait a few days, shall we?The huge part of this scourge hate may be the fact scourge is easy to pick up, unlike other elites.

Already I can say that mirages are catching up and i certainly can't call duelling a mirage a walk in the park.So far spellbreakers, good deadeyes, longbow rangers and now mirages are professions that can send a scourge packing.As long as they play with brain and don't try to stand in aoe 24/7.

This... Deadeye's are f'ing ridiculous... I hope thief's don't find this out en masse.

@narcx.3570 said:

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:Let's wait a few days, shall we?The huge part of this scourge hate may be the fact scourge is easy to pick up, unlike other elites.

This... Deadeye's are kitten ridiculous... I hope thief's don't find this out en masse.

Deadeye has n unblockable skills whatsoever, it's not even funny how easy it is to shut down in a 3v3 and above, and in 1v1 or 2v2 it just gets ganked and dies.

Very powerful against target golems though.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Lan.1968 said:People just bumrush the scourge necro while triggering all his aoe's as a result

You'd be surprised how many people sound intellectual here on forums about administering nerfs, but on the field cannot handle AOE.

the problem is they're not rational, which in turn doesn't make them sound like an intellectual as well. it's basically people complaining to things they cannot handle

People totally forget about Thieves at initial release. Burn guardians that lasted the entire last expansion and today. Bunker Mesmers last expansion were the most broken of any profession ever.

If they just now released specs such as condi thieves or one-shot mesmers, people would be saying the same things.

With the exception of Full Counter and the Ranger Pet (which are over-budget and need minor adjustment), almost everything with this expansion is L2P.

Once you play each profession's new specs, you can clearly see the weakness and proper strategy. Virtually all the new specs can be dominant in their role, with the possible exception of Rev's. The problem is that bad players don't learn the other specs/professions and want to use the same strategies they did in HoT expecting the same results. Unsurprisingly, they then pollute the forum with emotional vomit posts like this one.

@Lan.1968 said:Ironically, a good ranger/sb/guardian would beat a good scourge. I'm starting to think people just bumrush the scourge necro while triggering all his aoe's as a result

I primarily play Guardian and can I defeat scourge? Ya, sure. Assuming we have unlimited amount of time and we do not fight on a POINT. We never fight on a point in sPvP right?

@StickerHappy.8052 said:

@Lan.1968 said:Ironically, a good ranger/sb/guardian would beat a good scourge. I'm starting to think people just bumrush the scourge necro while triggering all his aoe's as a result

Start at 33:00.

One of the best rangers in the game vs a scourge.

Please just stop defending broken things.

Testing out the new elite spec and giving my opinions on skills traits and bugs.

you make it sound like the scourge player was garbage. not to mention a ranger's role shouldnt be to push people off points but to out maneuver them in capturing objectives. the fact that he was able to last this long against a scourge bunkering down and forcing himself to go melee in order to contest points meant scourge itself isn't "completely overpowered" as people make them out to be. it's great to see your referencing a video that counters your own argument.

@Vague Memory.2817 said:Matches are just horrible at the moment. I too would like to know who thought that a no counter play elite spec was a good idea. It's just kitten. Some of these specs are just lazy.

The counterplay for Scourge exists, you just don't want to use it.

Hint: short term abandonment of the point leads to long-term victory.

You might want to also watch videos of Thieves insta-killing from stealth...Ranger pet owning a player with mega burst...Warrior killing multiple people at once...Holosmiths being able to escape virtually any zerg...burn guardians...one-shot mesmers...the list goes on an on.

Just because you aren't using the right strategy...aren't spec'd to beat every profession/spec...have bad teammates...or just a worse player than others... You only make yourself look bad posting emotional rants and primitive logic versus posting EXACTLY what you want nerfed.

9 times out of 10...the reason you won't post the exact things you want nerfed is because you don't even know... or you're worried that whatever you post will be exposed as sheer folly by better players who understand the game better.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@Vague Memory.2817 said:Matches are just horrible at the moment. I too would like to know who thought that a no counter play elite spec was a good idea. It's just kitten. Some of these specs are just lazy.

The counterplay for Scourge exists, you just don't want to use it.

Hint: short term abandonment of the point leads to long-term victory.

Run away, that's a great strategy Sir Robin. What if they have two scourges each at a different cap. Gather your team have a picnic at the remaining cap until they get bored. Your strategy proves it's a broken spec if that is the best you have.

Archived