Gauntlet of the Khan-Ur need another check point

LONGA.1652

I ran the JP a couple of time and felling frustrated by the path between 2nd and 3 rd brazier. Because there too many of those multiple jump with limited footing . Especially the group of round mushroom ascending the tree that slippery . Couple that with having to rerun torch from the other side of the pond. Its very time consuming part of the JP. Another Brazier around would be god send for someone who do JP for daily

• Confused 1

@yoni.7015 said:Nah I think it’s fine how it is. It’s not very difficult so there are enough checkpoints.

When you failed last jump before last brazier. The downward spiral start there . Because 2nd - 3rd is the one that need a lot of precise input. And the JP is not Charr friendly . There are jumps with bad camera as well.

• Confused 1

Not sure if this is intentional, but there’s an alternate route upon encountering the third frog.

Instead of going the obvious ‘planned’ route, you can jump across to the frog (when it’s not spewing water) where you’ll eventually see some stairs. You can jump from these stairs to the archway where one of the ancient grothmar coins is/was placed (may need to jump through bushes, just jump alongside the wall). Continuing on from these route, you can skip to the lily pads near the vista and backtrack to the 3rd checkpoint.

May be helpful to explore the route first before trying it out for real.

Not even attempting to bother with this thing anymore, was about ready to throw my keyboard out the window. Can't even use a tonic to make myself smaller because of the bundle you have to carry, means that I can't physically see the 'steps' as they are hidden by my Charr's size so I have no way of judging how close my toon is to falling off an edge. :anguished:

• Confused 1

@Ryukai.6524 said:Not even attempting to bother with this thing anymore, was about ready to throw my keyboard out the window. Can't even use a tonic to make myself smaller because of the bundle you have to carry, means that I can't physically see the 'steps' as they are hidden by my Charr's size so I have no way of judging how close my toon is to falling off an edge. :anguished:

I gave it the good ol' college try for about 30 minutes and said the heck with it. Not worth any more of my playing time and/or frustration. Glad that there are more hard-core JP enthusiasts who enjoy it, though. Good for you!

@"Ryukai.6524" said:Not even attempting to bother with this thing anymore, was about ready to throw my keyboard out the window. Can't even use a tonic to make myself smaller because of the bundle you have to carry, means that I can't physically see the 'steps' as they are hidden by my Charr's size so I have no way of judging how close my toon is to falling off an edge. :anguished:

Have you tried the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Miniature_Tonic? If you do manage to try it, please let me know. I'll give it a try later today if not :)

@LONGA.1652 said:

@yoni.7015 said:Nah I think it’s fine how it is. It’s not very difficult so there are enough checkpoints.

When you failed last jump before last brazier. The downward spiral start there . Because 2nd - 3rd is the one that need a lot of precise input. And the JP is not Charr friendly . There are jumps with bad camera as well.

Weird... I have no problem doing jumping puzzles on Charr despite my disability. I have more trouble with jumping with Asura or other humanoid races.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Ryukai.6524" said:Not even attempting to bother with this thing anymore, was about ready to throw my keyboard out the window. Can't even use a tonic to make myself smaller because of the bundle you have to carry, means that I can't physically see the 'steps' as they are hidden by my Charr's size so I have no way of judging how close my toon is to falling off an edge. :anguished:

I gave it the good ol' college try for about 30 minutes and said the heck with it. Not worth any more of my playing time and/or frustration. Glad that there are more hard-core JP enthusiasts who enjoy it, though. Good for you!

Yep, me too. thankfully both my daughters have mesmers, AND are good at jumping puzzles, so they leapfrogged me there in the time limit. Of course, both teased me all day. "Mom, we beat you to the end WITHOUT ports." I just nod.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Ryukai.6524 said:Not even attempting to bother with this thing anymore, was about ready to throw my keyboard out the window. Can't even use a tonic to make myself smaller because of the bundle you have to carry, means that I can't physically see the 'steps' as they are hidden by my Charr's size so I have no way of judging how close my toon is to falling off an edge. :anguished:

I actually love jumping puzzles. I've even done Chalice of tears several times with no mesmer help. The Clocktower? I can beat that one with regularity. I find that they help keep my fingers nimble and dexterous.

This jumping puzzle though, it's easily the most difficult jumping puzzle in the game for me. I'll beat it someday though!

• Confused 1

@maidiance.6920 said:

Have you tried the
? If you do manage to try it, please let me know. I'll give it a try later today if not :)

Update: Just tested, it works fine :D

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:My biggest problem is that the "checkpoints" don't work. The third and fourth braziers don't light. I just stand there, pressing F and nothing happens.

It's not enough to grab the torch if you lose it, you have to use it on the brazier again to light it. Basically, if you don't have the light effect around you, you aren't actually good to go yet.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...