Metas

Stajan.4581

It is time that Anet makes meta events capable of being soloed, I have been working on a henge away from home to get the final part i need to complete Dracon Mons master. However there is a major problem there is never enough players there to do the meta so i and i am sure many others are not able to get the drops we need to complete what we are working on. So how to fix this well there are a few ways to do it, 1 anet could just give players the parts that would come from the meta once they reach that stage, 2 make the event so it can be done solo and not have to rely on tons of other players, 3 put henchmen and heroes into the game to allow players to make their own parties to have enough ( " players to complete the meta") 4, just finish all achievments in that area that ppl have been working on and give them credit and rewards for it.

All of these have promise all of these have issues but something has to happen to allow players to continue on with the titles and items they are trying to craft and create or players will just get upset and leave the game.

I have been with Guild Wars brand since Beta of gw1 and only in gw2 have i ever felt like i can not progress without having to rely on others which you can not always do. Sitting around waiting and waiting and waiting for an event to happen with enough players to complete it ( IS NOT FUN AT ALL) Please fix this change it correct it do something to allow us to continue or you risk losing many others i am sure.

They have tried to get people to go to ancient maps after the storyline was done, but the method they used amounted to compulsion rather than interest. IE : make Something desirable Require spending time on the map, instead of giving something desirable To the map. That's something they've repeated with the skyscale.

I've still never had this happen for me, where I needed other ppl to do something and not been able to find them, but I know it's something ppl have been complaining about since pre-HoT . . .

I will say I've frequently been unable to find ppl right when I needed them, had to plan better, come back at a different time of day or different day of the week, make a habit of looking at lfg, etc. . . .

This is one of the reasons why I think it would be a good idea to introduce temporary or special events that would, for example, boost the rewards of certain or all group events on living world maps. The event could be constant, even, with the affected maps being on a daily or weekly rotation.

I have no idea, though. It's just mildly infuriating that you are practically blocked from progressing certain things simply because you can't kill legendary foes on near empty maps...

It can be very tough yes, sometimes these places are very quiet.

@MikeG.6389 said:This is one of the reasons why I think it would be a good idea to introduce temporary or special events that would, for example, boost the rewards of certain or all group events on living world maps. The event could be constant, even, with the affected maps being on a daily or weekly rotation.

I have no idea, though. It's just mildly infuriating that you are practically blocked from progressing certain things simply because you can't kill legendary foes on near empty maps...

Yes, that's a thought. Perhaps instead of having separate dailies for every single living world map like we currently do, development could collate all those separate ones into four daily tasks per season. One task could be to complete the main meta on one of the maps for a suitably enticing reward (like a Mystic Coin or an Amalgamated Gemstone plus map currency, etc). That way at least roughly once a week on average you could be cautiously certain that you would be able to find plenty of others to help you on these quieter maps.

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:

@SexyMofo.8923 said:Is the game that dead?

It's not that but draconis mons is one of those maps people get their story done on and move on and never come back to which unfortunately hits the achievement and/or completists in the game

It's indeed a fact that most map achievements related to meta events need to be done after the release of the respective map. No chance of doing them a year later, let alone two or more years later. I hope that things will change with The Icebrood Saga, so that new players will stand a chance to catch up.

Its not.Since content is outdated,only maps and meta events with solid amount of people are naturally SW,AB,TD and DS.

1)SW is most active map,ever.Sometimes there are AB runs,but usually map is empty until meta,same goes for TD and ofc DS.

2)PoF zones are not active as HoT maps (u can blame rewarding system for that,because people don't want to spend hour of farming for 5 gold only)

3)World vs World = Depends.There's one guy i know off (Angel) who's active about 7-10 hours a day.

4)PvP arenas = No one does random arenas.Everything is all about ranked pvp these days.You don't have a lot of space to try out builds and professions.

5)Fractals = Late night and early morning,u cant find proper group.If u stumble upon full group,at least 3 out of 5 players have less AR than required,so you end up ressing them 90% of time instead of playing.If they have enough AR,they do 3 k dps.Its not all the time like that,but most of the time.

6)Dungeons = Good luck with that.

Raids = ...

If you want to farm gold,you don't have much of a choice.You are doomed to SW and HoT meta events (even tho SW pays off the most)

Why and how?By doing RIBA with CF in between and after VW,you can get up to 150 bags a hour (this includes Embroidered Coin Purse,Bags of Gear,Noxious Seed Pouches,Bags of Rare Gear,Pieces of Rare Unidentified Gear and Pieces of Common Unidentified Gear+Pieces of Unidentified Gear) don't let no one let u otherwise because 250 bags a hour and 20-25 gold a hour by doing SW is not possible. More than 150 bags a hour might have been possible 5-6 years ago before dig sites nerf.

@"MikeG.6389" said:This is one of the reasons why I think it would be a good idea to introduce temporary or special events that would, for example, boost the rewards of certain or all group events on living world maps. The event could be constant, even, with the affected maps being on a daily or weekly rotation.

They do something similar with raids. Last night I was doing Spirit Vale and I noticed the Call of the Mists buff, which says it's available in a different older raid every 2 weeks and increases gold and XP. I'm not sure how effective it is at getting raiders to visit those (I'm only in a casual raid guild and don't really get involved with choosing raids, I just show up for whatever is chosen) but that's obviously the intention of having it there.

Personally I like the idea of having dailies for just 1 LW map per day. Currently there's so many of them and each map's ones are basically the same each day so I just ignore them. If I play on that map I'll probaby get them, if not I can always get them another day. Whereas if they rotated it might be more of a temptation to go and play that specific map.

@Ghetx.1752 said:

Its not.Since content is outdated,only maps and meta events with solid amount of people are naturally SW,AB,TD and DS.

1)SW is most active map,ever.Sometimes there are AB runs,but usually map is empty until meta,same goes for TD and ofc DS.

2)PoF zones are not active as HoT maps (u can blame rewarding system for that,because people don't want to spend hour of farming for 5 gold only)

3)World vs World = Depends.There's one guy i know off (Angel) who's active about 7-10 hours a day.

4)PvP arenas = No one does random arenas.Everything is all about ranked pvp these days.You don't have a lot of space to try out builds and professions.

5)Fractals = Late night and early morning,u cant find proper group.If u stumble upon full group,at least 3 out of 5 players have less AR than required,so you end up ressing them 90% of time instead of playing.If they have enough AR,they do 3 k dps.Its not all the time like that,but most of the time.

6)Dungeons = Good luck with that.

Raids = ...

If you want to farm gold,you don't have much of a choice.You are doomed to SW and HoT meta events (even tho SW pays off the most)

Why and how?By doing RIBA with CF in between and after VW,you can get up to 150 bags a hour (this includes Embroidered Coin Purse,Bags of Gear,Noxious Seed Pouches,Bags of Rare Gear,Pieces of Rare Unidentified Gear and Pieces of Common Unidentified Gear+Pieces of Unidentified Gear) don't let no one let u otherwise because 250 bags a hour and 20-25 gold a hour by doing SW is not possible. More than 150 bags a hour might have been possible 5-6 years ago before dig sites nerf.

That's a lot of BS, do not overexaggerate. When online in EU servers during evening until night CEST, there are like 10 LFGs in T4 and 4-5 in T3 all the time. Same with raids. The LFGs are constantly full. I really don't know what you are talking about.

So all i wrote is BS,even tho you took only fractals in your example?So,only fractals are active and only during evening until late night?

What you wrote,just proves my point.

Raid lfg is empty,all the time.

No matted how hard you try to defend what you like,its not gonna change the fact atm its horrendous.

@Ghetx.1752 said:So all i wrote is BS,even tho you took only fractals in your example?So,only fractals are active and only during evening until late night?

No matted how hard you try to defend what you like,its not gonna change the fact atm its horrendous.

I have to disagree with you on dungeons as well. I won't say I absolutely never have a problem finding a dungeon group, but it's pretty unusual. I'd say it's actually easier to find a dungeon group than a DS group, since the DS group only shows up every couple of hours or so . . .

@Ghetx.1752 said:So all i wrote is BS,even tho you took only fractals in your example?So,only fractals are active and only during evening until late night?

I also mentioned raids and they are full all the time. I really odn't know when you look for raids from where. Maybe it's worse on US servers but last time I checked there were about 10 LFGs in raids (about two weeks ago). Most people play after work and that's usually the evening. And when I check the LFGs they are full. Your listing was like they are empty all the time. At least that's how I felt.

@"Stajan.4581" said:It is time that Anet makes meta events capable of being soloed, I have been working on a henge away from home to get the final part i need to complete Dracon Mons master. However there is a major problem there is never enough players there to do the meta so i and i am sure many others are not able to get the drops we need to complete what we are working on. So how to fix this well there are a few ways to do it, 1 anet could just give players the parts that would come from the meta once they reach that stage, 2 make the event so it can be done solo and not have to rely on tons of other players, 3 put henchmen and heroes into the game to allow players to make their own parties to have enough ( " players to complete the meta") 4, just finish all achievments in that area that ppl have been working on and give them credit and rewards for it.

All of these have promise all of these have issues but something has to happen to allow players to continue on with the titles and items they are trying to craft and create or players will just get upset and leave the game.

I have been with Guild Wars brand since Beta of gw1 and only in gw2 have i ever felt like i can not progress without having to rely on others which you can not always do. Sitting around waiting and waiting and waiting for an event to happen with enough players to complete it( IS NOT FUN AT ALL) Please fix this change it correct it do something to allow us to continue or you risk losing many others i am sure.

Sad, but unfortunately it is true. It seems that ANet's method to launch "one use only" maps started to show its "benefits". A map populated only during a LS episode and deserted when the new LS episode is launched will prevent players like the OP to complete it. In time, this kind of design will prevent more and more players to complete their achievements. To the point where these maps will represent a reason for the new players to stop playing.

On the same note (questionable design), this kind of maps contradicts one of the initial idea from the GW2 Manifesto: (this is an aproximative quote) "We don't want people to be forced to prepare for fun. We want the game to be fun at any moment".

I don't think that future releases of maps designed to be populated/played only for the duration of the LS episode and connecting the map achievement to an important task (item / mount etc) will bring benefits for the new players - the ones we all know are vital for keeping the game alive and ANet claims they are welcome in game.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

I also mentioned raids and they are full all the time. I really odn't know when you look for raids from where. Maybe it's worse on US servers but last time I checked there were about 10 LFGs in raids (about two weeks ago). Most people play after work and that's usually the evening. And when I check the LFGs they are full. Your listing was like they are empty all the time. At least that's how I felt.

EU server again, but it's currently 10:12am UTC on a Monday and I see 6 actual groups and 2 selling runs in the Looking for More tab and 2 in Looking for Group. Plus 2 raid guilds advertising in the Aerodrome. Although I have to admit I don't look at the raid LFG very often. When I wanted to learn to do raids I used this forum to find a guild that was willing to take on inexperienced players and teach them.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:In time, this kind of design will prevent more and more players to complete their achievements. To the point where these maps will represent a reason for the new players to stop playing.

In theory that problem is it's own solution - as there are more and more players looking to complete these achievements after the initial release there will be more people in the same situation for them to do it with and it should actually get easier to get a group together. The problem is finding each other. The LFG tool is supposed to help with that, but I'm not sure how well it works for LW achievements. For a start I think there's too many possible sections - each map from HoT onwards has it's own section, but there's also Achievement Hunters, Story Journal and Mentoring sections which could potentially be used for this. It runs the risk of one person advertising in one place and another in another place and never seeing each other. Not to mention people who don't know you can use LFG for story and open world content.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

@"Ghetx.1752" said:So all i wrote is BS,even tho you took only fractals in your example?So,only fractals are active and only during evening until late night?

https://ibb.co/S37KMc8

@Gop.8713 said:I've still never had this happen for me, where I needed other ppl to do something and not been able to find them, but I know it's something ppl have been complaining about since pre-HoT . . .

I will say I've frequently been unable to find ppl right when I needed them, had to plan better, come back at a different time of day or different day of the week, make a habit of looking at lfg, etc. . . .

Some people have very specific times they can play they cannot always be on like most people.

@Stajan.4581 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I've still never had this happen for me, where I needed other ppl to do something and not been able to find them, but I know it's something ppl have been complaining about since pre-HoT . . .

Some people have very specific times they can play they cannot always be on like most people.

Sure, though I will point out that I am very rarely on during the high population times during the hours around daily reset, and I've still never experienced this problem . . .

I think why you would find resistance to your ideas is that having a group to play group content is kind of at the heart of an mmo. If I could solo everything, I don't think I'd ever play with anyone else . . .