Essence of Luck: needs Vendor or Gizmo

I have almost 20 stacks of Exotic Luck stored in my bank, and there is plenty more to come this Halloween! :/

Could you PLEASE introduce a vendor who trades for Essences of Luck, or a Converter (e.g., via Gem Store) that consumes Luck for something (more or less) useful? My bank is about to explode. :cry:

.(P.S. I know this has already been requested multiple times, but it's become a huge issue for me personally as of late.)

A 'Luck Gobbler' might be a good idea, since after you max out your Magic Find, there is little use for luck.For now, as a suggestion, you might want to look into selling them to guilds. Certain upgrades require Essences of Luck, one in particular needs more than three stacks of it.

You're probably aware of the existing uses, but just in case: you can check the wiki page on essence of luck as well as the pages for the individual rarities (via the linked page) for a list of all currently known uses, including

• donating (or selling) them to guilds for guild upgrades (exotic essences) or decorations (fine through exotic rarity)
  • donating them to Drooburt's ghost during lunar new year (for a bit of coin)
  • transforming and upgrading lunar new year backpacks
  • a variety of one-time uses (Mawdrey, account-bound minis)

Personally I suspect that if ANet ever introduces more sinks for luck, it'll be in line with the above (as in: no or at least next-to-no personal gain beyond fluff), since having maxed out magic find already is a significant boost in loot rarity compared to the players that are still leveling theirs, and any "personal gain" use (loot of buffs) will simply skew the wealth distribution even more, which is something ANet usually tries to avoid.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

• donating them to Drooburt's ghost during lunar new year (for a bit of coin)
  • transforming and upgrading lunar new year backpacks

That is many months away from now, and I see them drastically increasing within my bank during Halloween. So a quicker solution would be preferable, else I will have to start deleting stacks. :/

@MikeG.6389 said:A 'Luck Gobbler' might be a good idea, since after you max out your Magic Find, there is little use for luck.

:+1:

For now, as a suggestion, you might want to look into selling them to guilds. Certain upgrades require Essences of Luck, one in particular needs more than three stacks of it.

I wouldn't know how much to charge for them. Also, I have no guild slot left, so I could not do this even if I wanted to...

Please, ANet, show mercy with those of us who are facing this problem. It has been requested for years, and I don't think it would be too hard to create such an item for the Gem Store.

i just keep consuming my luck as i have been doing for years, it's a habit and i will not save up for the hopes of Anet ever giving us an option to trade it in, it is a huge waste of time and bank/inventory space so might as well keep using or deleting it.

Would want some item that consumed it tho.

Remember back when ppl used to respond to threads like this by blaming players for maxing out their luck . . ?

I think the existing solution with Drooburt is fine, but they need to make it available year round and greatly improve its interface so you can dump more luck more easily . . .

Since they nerfed the double-dip on unid gear mf has limited use anyway, may as well get something for what's left . . .

@Gop.8713 said:Remember back when ppl used to respond to threads like this by blaming players for maxing out their luck . . ?

I think the existing solution with Drooburt is fine, but they need to make it available year round and greatly improve its interface so you can dump more luck more easily . . .

Since they nerfed the double-dip on unid gear mf has limited use anyway, may as well get something for what's left . . .

Does MF even have effect the kind of Unid gear you get given that MF doesnt affect the exotic bags, or the chests?

@Dante.1763 said:

@Gop.8713 said:Remember back when ppl used to respond to threads like this by blaming players for maxing out their luck . . ?

Does MF even have effect the kind of Unid gear you get given that MF doesnt affect the exotic bags, or the chests?

Where mf has an effect -- so body loot and containers affected by mf -- it does affect the rarity of unid gear that drops. So if you have higher mf you'll find yourself getting more yellows and fewer blues, fwiw . . .

Pre-nerf, mf also affected the actual gear that dropped from unid gear, so you could save up your stacks of yellow unid, go to sw, max mf before identifying and end up with a lot more exotics . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

Where mf has an effect -- so body loot and containers affected by mf -- it does affect the rarity of unid gear that drops. So if you have higher mf you'll find yourself getting more yellows and fewer blues, fwiw . . .

Pre-nerf, mf also affected the actual gear that dropped from unid gear, so you could save up your stacks of yellow unid, go to sw, max mf before identifying and end up with a lot more exotics . . .

Yea, i knew about the last bit not the former, i just assumed UNID gear in total wasnt affected, even the drops from mobs, that change was annoying, guess the game was to rewarding on the exotic side, cant have that can we.

@"Gop.8713" said:I think the existing solution with Drooburt is fine, but they need to make it available year round and greatly improve its interface so you can dump more luck more easily .

That would be a solution, too, of course, as suggested in my OP by "vendor". Either way, ANet, give us something, please!

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:I'm down for the Luck bar to give you something each time its filled. Maybe a Mystic Clover every 100k.

I think changing the mechanic of MF so that it will keep progressing, just like the XP bar, and reward us on each level-up would be a lot harder to implement than simply providing us with a Converter or a year-round Vendor.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Yea, i knew about the last bit not the former, i just assumed UNID gear in total wasnt affected, even the drops from mobs, that change was annoying, guess the game was to rewarding on the exotic side, cant have that can we.Technically they replaced (almost) each drop of a blue, green, or yellow piece of equipment with a drop of the matching bundle of unidentified gear. The drop chance of blue/yellow/green/orange gear hasn't changed, just its presentation.

What did change is that for the equipment that didn't drop as unidentified gear before (so everything in core, HoT, and season 3 maps) we now get a second chance to upgrade to a higher tier, since whenever you identify the unidentified bundle there is another chance to upgrade, so if you play a lot outside of PoF maps you actually have a (slightly) higher chance for exotics now (the base chance we always had plus the chance to get them from unidentified gear).

The vast majority of players that didn't (or couldn't) push their magic find to the high triple digits for identifying actually seem to be a bit better off with the change, as their chance to get a drop of higher rarity has increased.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:How about not hoarding and expecting anet to someday add something to reward that.

Wintersday is close, so why would you not hoard? Logic?

Even if they added a gobbler it would be limited to 5 a day

So? You can consume up to 250 per day of other currencies. I'd be rid of my 20 stacks in no time.

Otherwise this is again I can't get rid of stuff that I don't need ever again so I'll complain.

Are you working at ANet? ;) Or are you just being a grumpy grinch? :p

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:How about not hoarding and expecting anet to someday add something to reward that. Even if they added a gobbler it would be limited to 5 a day like most I bet so your 60 million luck would take years to get rid of. I'm maxed. I still consume. I'm at like 400,000/400,000. Does that eventually get capped at 999,999/999,999. If so then anet just need to add extra digits and we can consume and if they raise mf cap they can just remax our mf from that total. Otherwise this is again I can't get rid of stuff that I don't need ever again so I'll complain.

If you are at +400 000 / +400 000, then you already reached the cap. Your reported MF will not increase. Check again in 2-3 weeks. If you don't believe, please post on this Forum when you will reach 500 000.