What thematic color is going to be used in the next expansion in your opinion ?

Terter.4125

@Zoid.2568 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:None because there will not be anymore expansions.

You were very wrong xD

If you think for a moment this was planned then I have bad news for you. I think what happened was the saga had been proving what I've been selling for years now. Living world does NOT and can NOT replace an expansion. I feel from on high someone told them "Just do it, I don't care what it is or what you do just make an expansion and make money. Give them what they want." Which is why its cantha

I think its going to be the "Give the fans what they've yelled about for years" expansion that tries to win us back. Time will tell, but its likely as stated above two years away. The saga is estimated and according to that shaman data-mined to last that long. And I don't think that cantha is that far along in development, if anything the saga was the original Expansion 3 which got scrapped and they are giving us the pieces they had while paving the way forward.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Can't possibly guess considering they made the Desert pink/purple and not Yellow. It isn't blue since this next season is looking to be that.

I think it's purple because of Kralkatorrik.

I prefer color themes for masteries be based on the environment they came from rather than a specific character.

Kralkatorrik has turned the desert purple with his brand, so purple is the colour of the environment. :p

My personal guess for the colour theme of the next expansion is blue and green.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:None because there will not be anymore expansions.

You were very wrong xD

If you think for a moment this was planned then I have bad news for you. I think what happened was the saga had been proving what I've been selling for years now. Living world does NOT and can NOT replace an expansion. I feel from on high someone told them "Just do it, I don't care what it is or what you do just make an expansion and make money. Give them what they want." Which is why its cantha

I think its going to be the "Give the fans what they've yelled about for years" expansion that tries to win us back. Time will tell, but its likely as stated above two years away. The saga is estimated and according to that shaman data-mined to last that long. And I don't think that cantha is that far along in development, if anything the saga was the original Expansion 3 which got scrapped and they are giving us the pieces they had while paving the way forward.

Who ever said that living world was supposed to replace expansions? I don't remember that Anet never made such a statement that this were their goals. Living world has been a bridge to connect the story between the different expansions, but I think it has actually been planned that we will get another expansion.

I was expecting to get at least 1 other elite spec for each class in the next years and elite specs have been exclusively for expansions to this point.There have been living world episodes building up the awakening of Mordremoth with Scarlet, then we got HoT.There have been living world episodes building up the conflict with Balthasar, followed by PoF.This is just how they work. They are building up the story in the living world, then we get to defeat the big bad guy in a new environment through an expansion.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:None because there will not be anymore expansions.

You were very wrong xD

Who ever said that living world was supposed to replace expansions? I don't remember that Anet never made such a statement that this were their goals. Living world has been a bridge to connect the story between the different expansions, but I think it has actually been planned that we will get another expansion.

I was expecting to get at least 1 other elite spec for each class in the next years and elite specs have been exclusively for expansions to this point.There have been living world episodes building up the awakening of Mordremoth with Scarlet, then we got HoT.There have been living world episodes building up the conflict with Balthasar, followed by PoF.This is just how they work. They are building up the story in the living world, then we get to defeat the big bad guy in a new environment through an expansion.

They did too in the Living world excuse me ahem saga announcement. That this is the content they see as the future, and they did come out and say while an expansion is on the table (Back when the announced it) that there was NO CURRENT PLANS for an expansion. This then means that the Saga was for all intents and purposes meant to be an expansion. They also said in what makes a living world different to a saga, is that the saga is supposed to bring "Expansion level content" which still has yet to really happen as strikes/.visions are not big enough and cooking 500 sure as heck isn't expansion level content.

So no the saga/living world whatever you want to call it was supposed to replace expansions, and again like in Season 2 it failed.

• 1 year later...