Character Build Template Question

So i just now noticed the row of character bound build templates at the top. If i buy a new character slot, will those characters have 3 separate build templates by default, or was that the thing gifted to us when they rolled out?

Also, was i the only one who missed that whole row of separate character templates when it rolled out?

@"Firebeard.1746" said:So i just now noticed the row of character bound build templates at the top. If i buy a new character slot, will those characters have 3 separate build templates by default, or was that the thing gifted to us when they rolled out?

Also, was i the only one who missed that whole row of separate character templates when it rolled out?

a) 3 in every single new character slot (i have 9 alts in the same account)

b) .....-_-

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/build-and-equipment-templates-are-live/For a limited time, visit the Gem Store to pick up a free Build Storage Expansion and add three extra spaces to your Build Storage.

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

@"Firebeard.1746" said:So i just now noticed the row of character bound build templates at the top. If i buy a new character slot, will those characters have 3 separate build templates by default, or was that the thing gifted to us when they rolled out?

b) .....-_-

For a limited time, visit the Gem Store to pick up a free Build Storage Expansion and add three extra spaces to your Build Storage.

Thanks, Did you buy any of those alt slots after the build template addition? The wording on the blog post said existing characters would be given 3. It didn't say anything about future characters.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@Firebeard.1746 said:So i just now noticed the row of character bound build templates at the top. If i buy a new character slot, will those characters have 3 separate build templates by default, or was that the thing gifted to us when they rolled out?

b) .....-_-

For a limited time, visit the Gem Store to pick up a free Build Storage Expansion and add three extra spaces to your Build Storage.

Thanks, Did you buy any of those alt slots after the build template addition? The wording on the blog post said existing characters would be given 3. It didn't say anything about future characters.

The Build Storage Expansions are account bound, which means available to all your chars.

[build Storage Expansion]Double-click to add 3 spaces to this account's Build Storage.Build Storage is the library where already existing builds may be saved, referenced, and copied by all characters on the account.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Firebeard.1746 said:So i just now noticed the row of character bound build templates at the top. If i buy a new character slot, will those characters have 3 separate build templates by default, or was that the thing gifted to us when they rolled out?

b) .....-_-

The Build Storage Expansions are account bound, which means available to all your chars.

You missed the context of my post. That's the account wide templates in the column to the left. To the right, there's a row of per-character templates and that's what i'm referring to. All my active characters have 3, but they were all created before the change.

Double-click to add 3 spaces to this
account's
Build Storage.Build Storage is the library where already existing builds may be saved, referenced, and copied
by all characters on the account.

See comment above. Thanks for clarifying that we aren't talking about the same thing. Glad to see i'm not the only one who didn't notice the row of per character templates. And i'm completely serious.

Here's the paragraph about what i'm talking about:

"At release, each character will get three Build Template tabs, which will be preloaded with their existing equipped builds from PvE, PvP, and WvW. You can swap the contents of the Build Template tabs for use in any game mode or purchase more tabs from the Gem Store."

@Firebeard.1746 said:

b) .....-_-

You missed the context of my post. That's the account wide templates in the column to the left. To the right, there's a row of per-character templates and that's what i'm referring to. All my active characters have 3, but they were all created before the change.

Double-click to add 3 spaces to this
account's
Build Storage.Build Storage is the library where already existing builds may be saved, referenced, and copied
by all characters on the account.

See comment above. Thanks for clarifying that we aren't talking about the same thing. Glad to see i'm not the only one who didn't notice the row of per character templates. And i'm completely serious.

Yeah, it’s named a little confusingly. There are [build Templates, Build Storage and Equipment Templates]. The Build Storage is the one that was a freebie in the gemstore.

If you look at build templates as character-bound build hotkeys then it makes more sense. The build storage is the actual "build templates" as they don't change and you can load or link them. Each character gets 3 build templates and 2 equipment templates.Equipment templates are basically equipment hotkeys.

The only thing a new player is missing that someone who logged in when they had the promo going on is the 3 free extra build storage. If you didn't get it you can buy the first bundle of 3 for 50% off I believe.

All characters on all types of accounts start with 3 build templates (for skills and traits) and 2 equipment templates (for weapons and armour). You can buy more of each, but that's the minimum.

There's also account build storage, which is what they gave away extras of. That makes it quicker to copy builds between characters by storing them in a list on the build menu. But you can also use the chat codes to save and copy builds. I have a spreadsheet on my PC with all the chat codes for my builds and a quick note on what each one is.